Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Missed Johansen badly today 17:48 - Nov 5 with 4841 viewsRed_Ranger

I thought.
I just dont think Dozzell or Amos have those stretching passes and directional changes
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 17:50]
Missed Johansen badly today on 17:56 - Nov 5 with 4186 viewsJudejwillo

Agreed, and we might have gotten less bullied with him too.
Missed Johansen badly today on 17:59 - Nov 5 with 4141 viewsDamo1962

They don't seem to have much of anything to me. You can just about get by with one in the team...but not both. This is especially true when we play at LR and are expected to the game to the opposition.
Missed Johansen badly today on 18:01 - Nov 5 with 4149 viewsSteveB

We missed Charlie Austin, he is the only player we had who can score against them....
Missed Johansen badly today on 21:36 - Nov 5 with 3662 viewsDannyPaddox

We miss a goalscorer. I’m surprised we are where we are with wot we’ve got up front. Couldn’t help thinking the bench looked a bit ‘bare bones Redknapp’ today.
Missed Johansen badly today on 21:48 - Nov 5 with 3604 viewsbosh67

I am not sure why Bonne doesn't make it onto the bench today. I am sure he is probably off in the new year but he can find the back of the net on occasion.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Missed Johansen badly today on 21:50 - Nov 5 with 3587 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Missed Johansen badly today on 21:36 - Nov 5 by DannyPaddox

We miss a goalscorer. I’m surprised we are where we are with wot we’ve got up front. Couldn’t help thinking the bench looked a bit ‘bare bones Redknapp’ today.

Yeah. We obviously wanted to get someone in before the window so hopefully we're wooing someone like Archer for the New Year.
Missed Johansen badly today on 21:54 - Nov 5 with 3589 viewsBlue_Castello

Funny said exactly the same on the way home, its what he brings to the team that Amos and Dozzell can't and it was evident big time today, Chair having to come incredibly deep to pick up the ball and start an attack was part of the problem.
Johansen has been good this season, a leader in the middle of the park, an area we were second best for big parts of the game, ho hum onto the next one, plenty more games to come and I'm still happy with Beales blue and white army, full strength we are a match for the best in the division....
Missed Johansen badly today on 21:54 - Nov 5 with 3587 viewsWatford_Ranger

Amos has been pony this season IMO. I just can’t see what he brings but know others rate him.
Login to get fewer ads

Missed Johansen badly today on 22:27 - Nov 5 with 3504 viewsMick_S

We missed him badly today. He calms things down and allows those around him to play. When we have a fit squad we are a match for anyone in the Championship.

We have to learn and adapt to the squad shortages, easy for me to say, and I don’t know what the answer is here, but we really do need to get the subs on early enough to make an impact when we are chasing a point. I accept losing, don’t like it, but we were far too tame today and that bothers me.

Far too quiet in the stands today, as well. Strange one.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 22:29]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Missed Johansen badly today on 22:33 - Nov 5 with 3479 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought we played really well and if I was a West Brom fan I'd be delighted with 3 points.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Missed Johansen badly today on 22:38 - Nov 5 with 3458 viewsMick_S

Missed Johansen badly today on 22:33 - Nov 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

I thought we played really well and if I was a West Brom fan I'd be delighted with 3 points.

I’d argue that they deserved it mate. I think they managed us well, could have been at least one up in the first 10, and kept us well away from scoring throughout the match. Did a number on us.

Fair play to them.

Missed Johansen badly today on 22:40 - Nov 5 with 3448 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Missed Johansen badly today on 22:38 - Nov 5 by Mick_S

I’d argue that they deserved it mate. I think they managed us well, could have been at least one up in the first 10, and kept us well away from scoring throughout the match. Did a number on us.

Fair play to them.

Do you think Johansen would have made a difference?

I don't.

Missed Johansen badly today on 22:50 - Nov 5 with 3408 viewsMick_S

Missed Johansen badly today on 22:40 - Nov 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

Do you think Johansen would have made a difference?

I don't.

I do, mate. As I said above, he allows others to play. I say that because I believe he takes pressure off those around him, allowing the more creative players to do their bit with a bit more time to do what they are more capable to do, when given more space and time. That’s what I see.

Sorry, I did not say that above, just replying to the did we miss Johansen original post.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 22:55]

Missed Johansen badly today on 23:04 - Nov 5 with 3354 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Missed Johansen badly today on 22:50 - Nov 5 by Mick_S

I do, mate. As I said above, he allows others to play. I say that because I believe he takes pressure off those around him, allowing the more creative players to do their bit with a bit more time to do what they are more capable to do, when given more space and time. That’s what I see.

Sorry, I did not say that above, just replying to the did we miss Johansen original post.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 22:55]

I thought he was injured? So like that rules him out unfortunately.

Tbh I thought that was close to the best 11 we had and apart from injured players not sure what more they could have done.

Missed Johansen badly today on 23:15 - Nov 5 with 3317 viewsMick_S

Missed Johansen badly today on 23:04 - Nov 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

I thought he was injured? So like that rules him out unfortunately.

Tbh I thought that was close to the best 11 we had and apart from injured players not sure what more they could have done.

Flat all around today, unfortunately.

Missed Johansen badly today on 23:29 - Nov 5 with 3259 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Missed Johansen badly today on 23:15 - Nov 5 by Mick_S

Flat all around today, unfortunately.

Missed Johansen badly today on 08:56 - Nov 6 with 2896 viewsBurnleyhoop

Missed Johansen badly today on 22:33 - Nov 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

Only started playing after conceding the goal and that’s because Brom started time wasting and sitting deep. If you concede first you have to chase the game and break down the opposition. In fairness, Brom defended well, but we started the game slowly, again.

Men against boys analogy raises its ugly head again.
Missed Johansen badly today on 09:59 - Nov 6 with 2742 viewsstevec

Fair play to them.

Agree, a pretty much perfect away performance.

Strange one, but whilst I sort of admired our principal of playing to the same principles even when the minutes were running down, it is frustrating when probably a good portion of the goals ever scored came down to a punt upfield, goalmouth scramble and someone bundling it into the net.

If teams are prepared to sit and mark up religiously for 90 minutes, this team is going to find it hard to win games. We are still a little too reliant on good goals.
Missed Johansen badly today on 10:30 - Nov 6 with 2696 viewsdannyblue

Missed Johansen badly today on 09:59 - Nov 6 by stevec

Agree, a pretty much perfect away performance.

Strange one, but whilst I sort of admired our principal of playing to the same principles even when the minutes were running down, it is frustrating when probably a good portion of the goals ever scored came down to a punt upfield, goalmouth scramble and someone bundling it into the net.

If teams are prepared to sit and mark up religiously for 90 minutes, this team is going to find it hard to win games. We are still a little too reliant on good goals.

Excellent point
Missed Johansen badly today on 13:03 - Nov 6 with 2497 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Amos and Dozzell are technically proficient but far too lightweight for the rigours of the championship. They need JoJo alongside them to flourish. With JoJo absent, the midfield lacks bite and know-how. I was hoping that Richards might offer some spine but he's yet to get going.
Missed Johansen badly today on 13:08 - Nov 6 with 2477 viewsNorthernr

It's been a problem for us for a good 18 months now.

Johansen when he's fit and in the team transforms us, but he isn't either of those things often enough and our alternatives to him are miles off.
Missed Johansen badly today on 14:04 - Nov 6 with 2393 viewsManinBlack

Fair play to them.

What angers me is when West Brom are good and we are crap they win. When we are good and they are crap they still win. It is a weakness of this club for decades. You look at the fixtures and think before the season has started where we won't win at grounds like Ewood Park, Carrow Road, the Hawthorns, City Ground, Turf Moor amongst others where they are Harry Redknapp bonus games. These clubs have no issues winning at our place.

It seems like only a few days ago we were top but since hitting the dizzy heights we are now 7 points adrift of Burnley so we won't see top spot again this season. That pleasure disappeared rapidly.

Now I see St Johnstone have beaten Rangers so their manager will soon be history so stand by for them looking at Beale who was at Ibrox a week ago.
Missed Johansen badly today on 18:46 - Nov 6 with 2245 views00calben

Thought the biggest issue for the midfield was how slow Dickie and Balogun were at moving the ball in to them.

Every time they were on the ball they were taking 2 or 3 touches, labouring, before passing in to midfield. Instead of one touch and wrap it in to midifielders on the turn.

Their labouring meant WBA were back in shape long before the midfielders got on the ball and everything became pedestrian as WBA held their shape.

Might be nonsense but that’s how I saw it
Missed Johansen badly today on 18:53 - Nov 6 with 2230 viewsNorthernr

Missed Johansen badly today on 18:46 - Nov 6 by 00calben

Thought the biggest issue for the midfield was how slow Dickie and Balogun were at moving the ball in to them.

Every time they were on the ball they were taking 2 or 3 touches, labouring, before passing in to midfield. Instead of one touch and wrap it in to midifielders on the turn.

Their labouring meant WBA were back in shape long before the midfielders got on the ball and everything became pedestrian as WBA held their shape.

Exactly as I saw it too.
Missed Johansen badly today on 23:15 - Nov 6 with 2053 viewsdaveB

Missed Johansen badly today on 18:46 - Nov 6 by 00calben

a lot of that was a lack of movement ahead of them and West Brom shutting down any space for Willock and Chair to play in so we had to go either direct or pass to someone not really wanting it.

For me the biggest problem was injuries on saturday as we couldn't freshen the side up as I think you need to do in these 3 game weeks. With hindsight I'd have personally started Armstrong yesterday and try and push then back a bit creating more space for Willock and Chair although that would have probably left us very short in midfield
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024