Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozell 18:01 - Nov 11 with 5071 viewsParkRoyalR

Seeing as our 3 most sellable assets in Dykes, Chair + Willock have their own threads, thought about time we had threads on players who offer the team very very little.

If anyone saw Dozell make 1 positive contribution to today's game please post with details!
Dozell on 18:11 - Nov 11 with 4236 viewsWatford_Ranger

He probably looks quite nice in training.

Great chance today as the ‘ten’ with Field and Colback to do the donkey work against a pony side and yeah I can’t really remember him doing anything. Still, let’s take the positives from today if we can.
Dozell on 18:15 - Nov 11 with 4194 viewsturnsey

He did a nice outside-foot, around-the-corner pass to Smyth on the right in the first half. Not saying that he was outstanding, but he's certainly played worse in the past... although that says more about his past performances than anything he did today.

38 touches and 23/29 passes completed (across 90 minutes, quite a bit less than Colback and Field) according to SofaScore isn't quite Gazball levels of an anonymous midfield, but considering he doesn't do that much defensively it does make you wonder exactly what his role is supposed to be.
Dozell on 18:25 - Nov 11 with 4124 viewsParkRoyalR

Dozell on 18:11 - Nov 11 by Watford_Ranger

He probably looks quite nice in training.

Great chance today as the ‘ten’ with Field and Colback to do the donkey work against a pony side and yeah I can’t really remember him doing anything. Still, let’s take the positives from today if we can.

Keeping it positive EDB attacked the box and looked more likely to create a goal, hopefully with Chair + Cannon back soon and EDB pushing for a 1st team starting position, we have players who will attack the box, give us options on the ball and energy all over the park.
Dozell on 18:25 - Nov 11 with 4116 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Genuinely not on the wind up, I thought he was good today.
Dozell on 18:32 - Nov 11 with 4062 viewsParkRoyalR

Dozell on 18:25 - Nov 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Genuinely not on the wind up, I thought he was good today.

Given his limitations in the tackle, in the air and inability to run to receive a return pass, I was hoping he would at least be an option to take the ball of Cook or Dunne, but genuinely didn't see him do it once.
Dozell on 18:32 - Nov 11 with 4062 viewsNed_Kennedys

He was bang average today: needed him to step up in chair’s absence and he was way off it.
Really anonymous and created so little.
Dozell on 18:38 - Nov 11 with 4015 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dozell on 18:32 - Nov 11 by ParkRoyalR

Given his limitations in the tackle, in the air and inability to run to receive a return pass, I was hoping he would at least be an option to take the ball of Cook or Dunne, but genuinely didn't see him do it once.

I saw him do it dozens of times!

He’s not Patrick Vieira and he’s never going to dominate physically or in the air. His game is carrying the ball laterally across the pitch and look for openings, which I thought he did effectively today.
Dozell on 18:45 - Nov 11 with 3966 viewsTonto

Christ on a bike... why do we always have to have a boo boy? He did alright. Not great but certainly doesn't deserve to be dug out by his own fans.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 18:45]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozell on 18:46 - Nov 11 with 3951 viewsRangersw12

Wasn't his best game but wasn't the worst player on the pitch and I believe there is a player in there but he needs to be having more of an impact on these type of games.

He reminds me a lot of Jenas just floats through and doesn't do enough
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 18:52]
Dozell on 18:57 - Nov 11 with 3885 viewsParkRoyalR

Dozell on 18:38 - Nov 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

I saw him do it dozens of times!

He’s not Patrick Vieira and he’s never going to dominate physically or in the air. His game is carrying the ball laterally across the pitch and look for openings, which I thought he did effectively today.

Now I know you're on the wind-up!

I watched Cook throughout the game as was disappointed as a senior pro who's played at the highest level he didn't take responsibility to bring the ball out but instead passed responsibility to Dunne or played Ozzie a short ball which gave him few options,

I can't recall Dozell coming short or creating an angle once to receive the ball from Cook, Dunne or Kakay. If you saw it 12+ times I must have been at a different game.

Make no mistake, if Dozell continues to start we will amble + saunter our way to League 1 come May.
Dozell on 18:57 - Nov 11 with 3879 viewsjoe90

Pretty sure it was him who took a shot from outside the box second half that just skimmed over the cross bar? Got people around me in the Loft on their feet. A lot better than the shots Bristol were taking!
Dozell on 19:00 - Nov 11 with 3839 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thought he was the best of the midfield three in the first half but faded a bit in the second.

I'd hope that over the next two weeks our midfield would learn how to get free in the spaces/half-spaces to show consistently for the ball from the centre-backs, and to do so in a manner that would lead to us beating the oppo press i.e. recieving it on the half-turn and looking to move it quickly. Field didn't want it very often today, and that may have been under instruction but seemed odd to me if so, Colback took it facing backwards too often so a pass to him only served to slow the play down. Dozzell at least looked to take it on the half-turn or to flick it on quickly.

He wasn't great today, but I thought that he showed plenty promise that he'd be effective in a Ciffuentes/Cryuffian team.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dozell on 19:00 - Nov 11 with 3825 viewsRangersw12

Dozell on 18:57 - Nov 11 by ParkRoyalR

Now I know you're on the wind-up!

I watched Cook throughout the game as was disappointed as a senior pro who's played at the highest level he didn't take responsibility to bring the ball out but instead passed responsibility to Dunne or played Ozzie a short ball which gave him few options,

I can't recall Dozell coming short or creating an angle once to receive the ball from Cook, Dunne or Kakay. If you saw it 12+ times I must have been at a different game.

Make no mistake, if Dozell continues to start we will amble + saunter our way to League 1 come May.

Make no mistake, if Dykes continues to start we will amble + saunter our way to League 1 come May.

Fixed it for you
Dozell on 19:30 - Nov 11 with 3657 viewsPaddyhoops

He was ok . Solid 6 . At least we weren’t overrun in midfield like we normally are. Thought DB did well when he came on and will only improve.
Dozell on 19:49 - Nov 11 with 3544 viewsngbqpr

Dozell on 18:45 - Nov 11 by Tonto

Christ on a bike... why do we always have to have a boo boy? He did alright. Not great but certainly doesn't deserve to be dug out by his own fans.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 18:45]

Mick Leach, Tony Sealy, Simon Barker, Paul Furlong...'twas ever thus.

At any given time, we seem to need to have one or two, even when things are going pretty well. I wonder if it's like that at all clubs?

All the above are now looked on pretty fondly too.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dozell on 20:05 - Nov 11 with 3479 viewsHAYESBOY

I don't understand the first go to to chewing out someone is Dozzell. Thought he was ok today.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Dozell on 20:24 - Nov 11 with 3345 viewsstevec

Three central midfield players out there and I don’t think one of them was prepared to step forward into space when our defence was trying to pass the ball out.

It was definitely better today but Marti is going to have trouble instilling the kind of football he requires into some of these players. Somehow he needs to get us through the next two months not taking beatings and still in sight of fourth from bottom, then plead with the board to get in some forward options.

It’s going to be a huge job keeping this team motivated knowing however well they play there’s absolute dross in front of them.
Dozell on 01:08 - Nov 12 with 2838 viewsMrSheen

Dozell on 19:00 - Nov 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Thought he was the best of the midfield three in the first half but faded a bit in the second.

I'd hope that over the next two weeks our midfield would learn how to get free in the spaces/half-spaces to show consistently for the ball from the centre-backs, and to do so in a manner that would lead to us beating the oppo press i.e. recieving it on the half-turn and looking to move it quickly. Field didn't want it very often today, and that may have been under instruction but seemed odd to me if so, Colback took it facing backwards too often so a pass to him only served to slow the play down. Dozzell at least looked to take it on the half-turn or to flick it on quickly.

He wasn't great today, but I thought that he showed plenty promise that he'd be effective in a Ciffuentes/Cryuffian team.

It’s funny Brian, I thought he was much better in the second half. In the first he was playing forward of the other two but was planted in the middle and no help to Willock on the left in particular. Meanwhile, Colback was constantly turning backwards with the ball. In the second Dozzell was picking it up in a deep central position and playing it forward diagonally more quickly, we were much slicker that way until the last15 minutes when City took over. So on balance not great but showed where he could contribute more later in the game.

My first view of Dixon-Bonner today, good quick feet, wanted to move it up the pitch.
Dozell on 03:32 - Nov 12 with 2739 viewsLazyFan

Dozzy sometimes takes a decent corner, which seems to be a miracle in this team. But I think it was Paal on duty today.
He just does not get up and down the pitch quickly enough, which means he has no engine or he's slow or as I suspect, both.

He has the skills and talent, but if you are not in the right position at the right time then it makes the game harder for you and you get left behind. I bet he's magic in a 5-a-side training session.

You forgot to add Field as a saleable asset. I think he's more sellable than Willock who will leave on a free. I think very few would buy Dykes now. Probably only Rotherham when they return to L1 and then they won't have the million to buy him with as that's all he's worth now.

Dykes has exactly the same number of goals and assists as Seny Dieng did this time last season ... 1 goal and 0 (zero) assists. To be fair he still has 1 more goal than Washout did in his last season with us. Like err ... 1

zzzzzzzzzz

Dozell on 05:39 - Nov 12 with 2665 viewsMelakaRanger

Dozell on 19:49 - Nov 11 by ngbqpr

Mick Leach, Tony Sealy, Simon Barker, Paul Furlong...'twas ever thus.

At any given time, we seem to need to have one or two, even when things are going pretty well. I wonder if it's like that at all clubs?

All the above are now looked on pretty fondly too.

And dont forget Alan Wilks! He needs to be on that list......
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 5:40]
Dozell on 06:15 - Nov 12 with 2639 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dozell on 01:08 - Nov 12 by MrSheen

It’s funny Brian, I thought he was much better in the second half. In the first he was playing forward of the other two but was planted in the middle and no help to Willock on the left in particular. Meanwhile, Colback was constantly turning backwards with the ball. In the second Dozzell was picking it up in a deep central position and playing it forward diagonally more quickly, we were much slicker that way until the last15 minutes when City took over. So on balance not great but showed where he could contribute more later in the game.

My first view of Dixon-Bonner today, good quick feet, wanted to move it up the pitch.

Interesting, Sheener. Hadn't spotted that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dozell on 08:50 - Nov 12 with 2463 viewsDorse

Dozell on 20:05 - Nov 11 by HAYESBOY

I don't understand the first go to to chewing out someone is Dozzell. Thought he was ok today.

Frankly, given the options, I'd select Colback for the treatment due to his pissing me right off across the season so far. Call it an award for Services To Dickheadery.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dozell on 08:59 - Nov 12 with 2426 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dozell on 08:50 - Nov 12 by Dorse

Frankly, given the options, I'd select Colback for the treatment due to his pissing me right off across the season so far. Call it an award for Services To Dickheadery.

Very lucky boy to not get a yellow about five minutes in and once he’s booked he might as well not be there.

Three year contract was it?
Dozell on 09:36 - Nov 12 with 2305 viewsParkRoyalR

Dozell on 20:05 - Nov 11 by HAYESBOY

Dozzell, I think its beyond debate is in the team as a creative midfielder.

If you look at the root cause of our current slump it is primarily we do not create enough chances.

Cifuentes post match interview yesterday focussed on this, lack of chances created, breaking the line, given an option receive the ball and do something creative with it,

Our recent goals scored column over last 20+ games looks like a binary code with more zero's and one's that you would think is possible,

Dozzell who was bought for £2m+ and is one of our highest earners has contributed 2 assists in over a year?

He's a 1 trick pony unable to produce that 1 trick at this level. This position is the root cause of our problems and I think it was you who mentioned moving Kakay into this position, which shows how dire the situation is in our central midfield area.
Dozell on 09:45 - Nov 12 with 2265 viewsQPROslo

Until the last 15 minutes or so when Colbakk and Dykes went off I thought we controlled the midfield for the most part. City were poor but I don't get the criticism of any of the midfield 3 based on their performances yesterday. Dykes also contributed there too. Our problems yesterday were'nt in defence or midfield but in the final third where we created so little and failed to score from the one or two half chances we made. Yesterday reminded me of some of our games under Critchley, looked comfortable until we reached the final third and then nothing. Marti has a big job on his hands.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 9:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024