Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we sign anyone?? 15:24 - Jan 22 with 5841 viewsGloucs_R

Massively inflated squad (whose fault was that??!) so do we bother signing anyone this window or just make do with what we have until the summer?

Defenders coming back from injury
5-6 more to leave before 1st Feb (if you believe rumours)
Washington on fire (sorry, couldn't resist!!)

Make do with what we have? Accepting that we may go down, but I think we'll survive, just.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Should we sign anyone?? on 15:26 - Jan 22 with 4000 viewsDorse

I agree - the squad looks massively inflated.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Should we sign anyone?? on 15:26 - Jan 22 with 4000 viewstoboboly

Make do and mend.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Should we sign anyone?? on 15:40 - Jan 22 with 3956 viewsstevec

Looking at the remaining home games, there's only Derby left of the top sides, so you would hope we can gather enough points from those to stay up.

That said, some one on loan up front would make sense.
Should we sign anyone?? on 15:51 - Jan 22 with 3930 viewspaulparker

if are to persist in not playing wingers, and a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 then how about buying some wing backs ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Should we sign anyone?? on 15:52 - Jan 22 with 3930 viewsbosh67

We need to buy or get more wingers on frees so we can play them as wingbacks and goalkeepers.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Should we sign anyone?? on 15:53 - Jan 22 with 3927 viewsRs_Holy

Should we sign anyone?? on 15:40 - Jan 22 by stevec

Looking at the remaining home games, there's only Derby left of the top sides, so you would hope we can gather enough points from those to stay up.

That said, some one on loan up front would make sense.

agree!... I've been saying all season we need to loan a striker. Probably a young prospect from the Prem.
Should we sign anyone?? on 15:56 - Jan 22 with 3917 viewsPunteR

Should we sign anyone?? on 15:51 - Jan 22 by paulparker

if are to persist in not playing wingers, and a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 then how about buying some wing backs ?

Sell Bidwell and Furlong?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Should we sign anyone?? on 16:01 - Jan 22 with 3904 viewsJeff

Should we sign anyone?? on 15:53 - Jan 22 by Rs_Holy

agree!... I've been saying all season we need to loan a striker. Probably a young prospect from the Prem.

if we accept that we are probably, balance of probabilities not going down (and yes we were bad on Saturday, and yes we lost a million on the bounce last season, and yes all the B's below us could win every game until the end of the season...) then we should be signing nobody, unless it is with a proper long term view (i.e. on a perm, with a view to playing them this AND next season)

of course our strikers are fairly rubbish. But if we're working on the assumption that we're not getting relegated (and i am...) then why play a Chelsea loanee ahead of Oteh, Smyth and Eze?

we can't afford a non-essential loan and it blocks youth development.

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

Should we sign anyone?? on 16:01 - Jan 22 with 3903 viewsGloucs_R

I read somewhere that the loan fees the Premiership teams wanted for their reserve strikers were similar to what we'd be paying for a player outright.

Lets be honest, we havent got a

Poll: Are we staying up?

Should we sign anyone?? on 16:07 - Jan 22 with 3878 viewsLowerloftLad

No we should not be looking at bringing anyone in
But we should be looking at extending certain players contracts and we still have a couple of players to move on

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Should we sign anyone?? on 16:09 - Jan 22 with 3860 viewsBklynRanger

Nah
Should we sign anyone?? on 16:21 - Jan 22 with 3820 viewsdannyblue

If we're successful in our attempts to shift Sylla we should get a replacement.

There's a big German lad, at a good age with experience in the Championship, who's getting more than 1 in 2 for Union Berlin in the German second division...
Should we sign anyone?? on 16:22 - Jan 22 with 3818 viewsUruguayanRanger

Unfortunately you will be looking a high fee even for a loan - Gallagher at Birmingham as an example. Rarely does a Premier League team loan out a promising young striker (or a striker of any age) without requiring a monthly fee.

Club must be confident of staying up as it is, and therefore see no need to spend money for the sake of bumping us up a couple of league positions.

Personally I would rather keep seeing a clear out, reduce the staggering number of playing staff, and spend the rest of the season eyeing up summer moves (and staying up).
Should we sign anyone?? on 16:30 - Jan 22 with 3789 viewsTacticalR

Everybody knows we can't afford goals. They are not for the likes of us.

Air hostess clique

Should we sign anyone?? on 17:34 - Jan 22 with 3683 viewsdaveB

Should we sign anyone?? on 16:21 - Jan 22 by dannyblue

If we're successful in our attempts to shift Sylla we should get a replacement.

There's a big German lad, at a good age with experience in the Championship, who's getting more than 1 in 2 for Union Berlin in the German second division...

Is that the one who was homesick so asked to leave us this time last year, I don't think he'll be coming back
Should we sign anyone?? on 18:28 - Jan 22 with 3587 viewsSimonJames

We should spend money on some more experienced ex-managers to advise IH on tactics, training, man management etc.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Should we sign anyone?? on 21:25 - Jan 22 with 3466 viewsisawqpratwcity

Should we sign anyone?? on 16:30 - Jan 22 by TacticalR

Everybody knows we can't afford goals. They are not for the likes of us.

"I know my place."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Should we sign anyone?? on 22:09 - Jan 22 with 3382 viewsVancouverHoop

Should we sign anyone?? on 18:28 - Jan 22 by SimonJames

We should spend money on some more experienced ex-managers to advise IH on tactics, training, man management etc.

Yeah, finding a tactics coach seems an excellent idea. It's the biggest flaw in the present set-up and, probably, one of the least expensive to fill, if not the easiest. I'm not sure Ollie would be totally comfortable with idea though, as he almost certainly reckons it's part of his job.
Should we sign anyone?? on 08:11 - Jan 23 with 3163 viewsderbyhoop

And how much does it cost to get in a loanees from a PL club? That is in loan fees and wages over and above our salary cap.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 8:12]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Should we sign anyone?? on 10:26 - Jan 23 with 3015 viewsTacticalR

When we first got promoted Keith Curle announced to the world that we were "shopping at Harrods rather than lesser shops". Now we can't afford to go to the shops and can only hang about outside looking through the windows.

Air hostess clique

Should we sign anyone?? on 10:39 - Jan 23 with 2980 viewsDorse

Should we sign anyone?? on 10:26 - Jan 23 by TacticalR

When we first got promoted Keith Curle announced to the world that we were "shopping at Harrods rather than lesser shops". Now we can't afford to go to the shops and can only hang about outside looking through the windows.

'Spare some change for a 20-goal striker, guv?'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Should we sign anyone?? on 10:47 - Jan 23 with 2967 viewsNorthernr

And what will we be paying for that with?
Should we sign anyone?? on 11:13 - Jan 23 with 2920 viewsTHEBUSH

I would like us to sign an experienced centre forward who has played in the Championship, someone who can hold up play.

We have signed some decent experienced Championship players on frees, perhaps there is someone out there, of similar stature, who could do a job for us, although I´ve no idea who ?
Should we sign anyone?? on 11:14 - Jan 23 with 2919 viewsDavieQPR

When you are in Birminghams position with over 90 playing staff on the books then
you should really worry.
We do inflate our squad with quite a few U23s.
Should we sign anyone?? on 11:14 - Jan 23 with 2916 viewscyprusmel

I think we should stick with what we have.
If we were to find someone that was capable and willing to come here on a loan it does not make sense to spend money (if we had any) just to lift us up a few places in the table, It would take a miracle to obtain a top six finish from our present position.
It would be better to coach the young players we have, at least they are ours with a potential for selling on.
if we can persuade more fringe players to leave perhaps the money saved could be used to bring in a coach. Steve Maclaren is still available if we could afford him and if he would agree to come.
Ollie of course might not like this idea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024