Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! 13:32 - Apr 28 with 1320 viewsnumptydumpty

Bloke near me at match, still felt we could lose when we went three nil up in 74th minute.

Leeds had done nothing all game, we dominated and were great at the back, yet he still felt with 15 minutes or so to go, we could lose.

I think I was OK after about 60 minutes at two nil.

I know it's QPR but four goals in fifteen minutes - am not that pessimistic myself !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 13:47 - Apr 28 with 1062 viewsdaveB

I felt safe after the 3rd goal the other night
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 13:51 - Apr 28 with 1050 viewssuperstan

Heart was pounding approaching half time, still thought we could lose 2-3 but once the 3rd went in I felt confident the job was done.

I remember I think being 3 nil up at Watford by half time a long while back thinking we would still lose 😄
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 14:57 - Apr 28 with 936 viewsE15Hoop

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 13:47 - Apr 28 by daveB

I felt safe after the 3rd goal the other night

Me too. I think that 3rd goal was a really significant indicator of how far this team has progressed over the last few weeks.

Even in the early weeks under Saint Marti, I don't think we'd have scored it, expecially given that it came from some clever and strong movement from Dykes.

To score that 3rd, and then to continue to go for the jugular by pressing high for the fourth - when was the last time that Rangers have truly done that? Probably that win against Reading a few years back.
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 15:17 - Apr 28 with 900 viewsBlackCrowe

I was anxious as fck at 2-0. Leeds get one back and we'd have a Rourke's Drift on our hands i reckon. When the 3rd went in, i had a post-coital puff on my vape pen.
[Post edited 28 Apr 15:18]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 15:31 - Apr 28 with 858 viewsQPR_John

Still nervous at 3 0 but allowed myself to relax a little at 4 0.
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 16:18 - Apr 28 with 804 viewsSK_hoops

I always think of Port Vale away and never feel safe.
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 16:25 - Apr 28 with 790 viewskensalriser

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 16:18 - Apr 28 by SK_hoops

I always think of Port Vale away and never feel safe.

Ha, always in the mind that one!

Third goal on Friday for me too, although the rational part of my brain was telling me Leeds weren't dominating the game anywhere near enough to look as though they could win the game from two down, and that we were looking as though we could score more.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 16:54 - Apr 28 with 758 viewsnix

Awful after one goal. Slightly hopeful after two goals. Felt much more confident when the third went in. Relaxed after the fourth goal.
Login to get fewer ads

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 16:57 - Apr 28 with 745 viewsLazyFan

We were 2-0 up against Bournemouth at halftime and lost 2-3.
We needed the third to ensure we did not lose.

Once we were 3-0 up, I knew it was game over, and the fourth was capitulation by them. Looking back, we can see they were defeated when Summersville missed that chance. After that, they gave up.

zzzzzzzzzz

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 17:01 - Apr 28 with 737 viewsjohann28

Was going to leave on 65 mins as I couldn't stand my nerves anymore - guy next to me told me (in no uncertain terms) that i'd 'better stay put cos they'll be more goals from us'. God bless him.
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 17:36 - Apr 28 with 685 viewsWatfordR

This got me thinking, and being QPR this probably can't be right, but in 52 years of being a fan, I can't remember us throwing away a 3-0 lead in a game. My inclination is that I've forgotten something somewhere.
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 18:01 - Apr 28 with 655 viewsWestonsuperR

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 15:31 - Apr 28 by QPR_John

Still nervous at 3 0 but allowed myself to relax a little at 4 0.

Very similar. I was thinking at 3v0 surely the worst that could happen would be a draw and a point would have been very useful. It was amazing to be able to relax at 4v0 it literally never happens with QPR.
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 18:03 - Apr 28 with 647 viewsEsox_Lucius

About halfway through the 95th minute of play.

The grass is always greener.

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 18:11 - Apr 28 with 631 viewsNorthernr

I’m still not sure we’ll beat Leeds now.
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 19:26 - Apr 28 with 542 viewsMrSheen

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 15:17 - Apr 28 by BlackCrowe

I was anxious as fck at 2-0. Leeds get one back and we'd have a Rourke's Drift on our hands i reckon. When the 3rd went in, i had a post-coital puff on my vape pen.
[Post edited 28 Apr 15:18]

Just asking BC, in which part of the ground can you do both?
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 19:33 - Apr 28 with 527 viewsJuzzie

Same, 3rd goal. At half time I feared Leeds would come out all guns blazing and pull it back to 2-2 at some point.
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 19:35 - Apr 28 with 524 viewsQPsyR

Truth be told and maybe I'm one pessimistic C***

But honestly 4-0 with less than 10 to go knowing not much injury time.

FKA AcidPixie

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 19:37 - Apr 28 with 518 viewsnix

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 19:26 - Apr 28 by MrSheen

Just asking BC, in which part of the ground can you do both?

Yeah, is this some platinum area the plebs aren't told about?
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 19:37 - Apr 28 with 518 viewsQPsyR

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 17:36 - Apr 28 by WatfordR

This got me thinking, and being QPR this probably can't be right, but in 52 years of being a fan, I can't remember us throwing away a 3-0 lead in a game. My inclination is that I've forgotten something somewhere.

Not in a game but fkn Partizan fkn belgrade

FKA AcidPixie

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 19:38 - Apr 28 with 509 viewsmart_Goblin

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 19:35 - Apr 28 by QPsyR

Truth be told and maybe I'm one pessimistic C***

But honestly 4-0 with less than 10 to go knowing not much injury time.

Exactly the same .
At 3-0 all I could think about was the match at Wembley last weekend and think that if Cov can do it against Man Utd …..
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 19:49 - Apr 28 with 492 viewsHooparoo

Maybe it was having the benefit of close ups watching on tv but I was quietly confident from 1-0. Saw the looks of terror on the faces of the Leeds players who were looking like bottling it with the clincher being Daniel Farke slumped on the bench after Chair scored with arms folded looking depressed already. Confirmed my gut feel at 2-0 so I just relaxed and enjoyed it after that.

Surreal

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 20:08 - Apr 28 with 470 viewsterryb

It depends on the game. On Friday I couldn't see us losing on the 70 minutes mark & thought we'd win when it went 3-0.

I was confident against Preston when we scored that would be enough, but I really expected West Brom to get a winner in the time added on. I also thought we were home & dry at Plymouth!
How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 20:30 - Apr 28 with 437 viewsdavman

Three.

Its the magic number.

Ridiculous really, but can't ever feel confident with our lot.

That said, there is so much evidence around to say that going one up in modern football gives you a MASSIVE advantage over the game. Score first and we SHOULD be more comfortable, but it never feels that way...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 21:31 - Apr 28 with 394 viewsTonto

So I couldn't watch the first half as I was getting my 4 year old to sleep. I had a few sneaky peaks at BBC (you have no idea how hard it was to contain myself at the two goals).

Having not watched it I didnt want to jinx it by turning the telly on. Until we went 3 up at which point I enjoyed the last 20 mins!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

How far ahead do QPR need to be for you to feel safe from losing !! on 21:40 - Apr 28 with 378 viewsthehat

I was counting down the minutes in the second half - At 4 v 0 in the 93rd minute I turned to those around me and said “I think we might just win this now”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024