Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Hall 17:01 - Jul 31 with 8096 viewsNorthernr

Confirmed at Boro.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/grant-hall-becomes-neil-warnocks-first-signing-as-bor
Grant Hall on 17:11 - Jul 31 with 4307 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A week ago I wouldn't have thought that Hall was Warnock's type of centre-back.

I'm still not sure, really, but I think we saw after he left that we missed his heading and tackling so perhaps he was better at both than we, or i at least, realised.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Grant Hall on 17:12 - Jul 31 with 4301 viewsNorthernr

Grant Hall on 17:11 - Jul 31 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm still not sure, really, but I think we saw after he left that we missed his heading and tackling so perhaps he was better at both than we, or i at least, realised.

Free, Championship experienced, under 30, ostensibly fit and ready to play. The way things are heading, that's very attractive.
Grant Hall on 17:14 - Jul 31 with 4281 viewsdaveB

Grant Hall on 17:11 - Jul 31 by BrianMcCarthy

Hall did well for Warnock in his short spell at caretaker manager a few years back so on a free makes sense for them.
Grant Hall on 17:20 - Jul 31 with 4227 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, agreed lads. Just wouldn't have occurred to me a week ago.

Grant Hall on 17:23 - Jul 31 with 4208 viewsSouthend_Rss

Might have a little cheeky on Boro for promotion next season.. Warnock always finds a way
Grant Hall on 17:24 - Jul 31 with 4198 viewsNorthernr

Grant Hall on 17:23 - Jul 31 by Southend_Rss

Might have a little cheeky on Boro for promotion next season.. Warnock always finds a way

He'll need to do a big turn around. Even there little cough into life under him to secure safety was little more than that. Not saying he won't, but I think the problems run a bit deeper there than simply handing it over to Uncle Neil and awaiting the coronation in 12 months time.
Grant Hall on 17:46 - Jul 31 with 4063 viewsDieByYourSide

Lovely sideways move

Poll: And it's hi ho

Grant Hall on 17:51 - Jul 31 with 4022 viewsbosh67

I think he needed a change perhaps as much for his mind going forward as well as his career. Liked him a lot. Another successful player rescued from previous club release and potential oblivion, and brought on to be a better player with us. And in usual QPR fashion then given away for nothing. Well, not quite. It was his decision but you know what I mean. Good luck to him. Honest hard working player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Grant Hall on 19:33 - Jul 31 with 3745 viewsLazyFan

Grant Hall on 17:12 - Jul 31 by Northernr

Free, Championship experienced, under 30, ostensibly fit and ready to play. The way things are heading, that's very attractive.

But prone to the odd injury that can rule him out for a while. Agreed Boro have deep problems. The worst team I saw us player after lockdown.

zzzzzzzzzz

Grant Hall on 21:49 - Jul 31 with 3495 viewsDWQPR

Grant Hall on 17:24 - Jul 31 by Northernr

He'll need to do a big turn around. Even there little cough into life under him to secure safety was little more than that. Not saying he won't, but I think the problems run a bit deeper there than simply handing it over to Uncle Neil and awaiting the coronation in 12 months time.

To be fair what he has inherited at Boro pails into insignificance compared to the madness he came into under Briatore and Ecclestone. The club was at its most poisoned at that time. Just over a year later and a miracle had been performed. Don’t back against NW. he knows his stuff.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Grant Hall on 21:57 - Jul 31 with 3469 viewscpgerber

He’ll be on good money there, which I had the impression was always his priority. Said something about havong to look out for his family if I recall? Gve me the impression he would sign wherever he gpt the best deal. I would probably have done the same....
Grant Hall on 22:04 - Jul 31 with 3437 viewsNorthantsHoop

I thought he recovered well from his injury/health problems and he always did a good job for us. We missed him when he got injured in 2017 and he lost nearly 2 years out. Thought he scored some important goals in the season just gone. All the best to him.
Grant Hall on 23:26 - Jul 31 with 3286 viewsAntti_Heinola

Grant Hall on 17:23 - Jul 31 by Southend_Rss

Leeds fans might disagree.

Bare bones.

Grant Hall on 23:29 - Jul 31 with 3279 viewsAntti_Heinola

Grant Hall on 21:49 - Jul 31 by DWQPR

To be fair what he has inherited at Boro pails into insignificance compared to the madness he came into under Briatore and Ecclestone. The club was at its most poisoned at that time. Just over a year later and a miracle had been performed. Don’t back against NW. he knows his stuff.

Yes and no.
He also couldn't believe his luck with the players he had (when he arrived there was Faurlin, Buzsaky, Taarabt - I mean, we'd kill for one of those now, let alone three) and the money he was then given to spend, all of which bar Mackie and Taarabt with no chance of re-sale.

Leeds was a bigger job and it went very badly. Cardiff I think was a bigger achievement than us.

Bare bones.

Grant Hall on 23:33 - Jul 31 with 3265 viewsaston_hoop

Looking forward to his missus instagramming the sites of Teeside now, she must be delighted.

Honestly though, surprised he got a gig so quickly. Thought he was good for us but wasn't sure he'd get decent cash (yes I'm guessing this) and a 3 year deal at this level so quickly.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Grant Hall on 23:57 - Jul 31 with 3200 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Grant Hall on 23:29 - Jul 31 by Antti_Heinola

Yes and no.
He also couldn't believe his luck with the players he had (when he arrived there was Faurlin, Buzsaky, Taarabt - I mean, we'd kill for one of those now, let alone three) and the money he was then given to spend, all of which bar Mackie and Taarabt with no chance of re-sale.

Leeds was a bigger job and it went very badly. Cardiff I think was a bigger achievement than us.

I'm sorry let's not try to diminish what Neil Warnock did for our club. He was brilliant for us.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Grant Hall on 01:49 - Aug 1 with 3098 viewsPunteR

Grant Hall on 23:57 - Jul 31 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'm sorry let's not try to diminish what Neil Warnock did for our club. He was brilliant for us.

Agree

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Grant Hall on 01:51 - Aug 1 with 3095 viewsPunteR

Hall just another player that will be forgotten about in 10 years or so..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Grant Hall on 04:29 - Aug 1 with 3035 viewstimcocking

Grant Hall moved to Boro? That'll be his depression coming back sharpish then...
Grant Hall on 04:56 - Aug 1 with 3025 viewsnadera78

Grant Hall on 23:57 - Jul 31 by CliveWilsonSaid

I don't think Antti or anyone else was diminishing Warnock's brilliant season with us, but it is true to say that, in Faurlin and Taarabt, he had the best 2 players in the Championship. Both of them, and Buszacky, would walk into our current team. He then spent a lot of money on other players.
Grant Hall on 08:34 - Aug 1 with 2862 viewsNorthernr

Grant Hall on 04:56 - Aug 1 by nadera78

I don't think Antti or anyone else was diminishing Warnock's brilliant season with us, but it is true to say that, in Faurlin and Taarabt, he had the best 2 players in the Championship. Both of them, and Buszacky, would walk into our current team. He then spent a lot of money on other players.

Magilton, Hart and Harford also had those three players and bar that ridiculous couple of weeks where we beat everybody by four goals couldn't do a lot with them. Hart and Harford didn't even pick Taarabt as I recall.
Grant Hall on 08:49 - Aug 1 with 2818 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grant Hall on 08:34 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Magilton, Hart and Harford also had those three players and bar that ridiculous couple of weeks where we beat everybody by four goals couldn't do a lot with them. Hart and Harford didn't even pick Taarabt as I recall.

Well, I think that's it in a nutshell. He managed the players well.

He also managed the board well and he managed the fans well.

I'm not really gone on him as a person - I think his sportsmanship leaves a bit to be desired - but he was and is excellent at doing what most managers forget to do - managing. Everything.

Grant Hall on 08:53 - Aug 1 with 2811 viewsBlue_Castello

Grant Hall on 21:57 - Jul 31 by cpgerber

He’ll be on good money there, which I had the impression was always his priority. Said something about havong to look out for his family if I recall? Gve me the impression he would sign wherever he gpt the best deal. I would probably have done the same....

Absolutely it was all about the money for Grant Hall, he was settled at the Rs and was enjoying being captain. He knew like every other player once his contract had expired he became an attractive proposition to other sides, no transfer fee so they can afford to offer him the wage we just could never match on our current scale.
Good luck to him let's hope his knees hold up and his Z list celeb wife enjoys the high life that Middlesbrough has to offer, she probably won't have a problem now that Lockdown exists.
Grant Hall on 09:16 - Aug 1 with 2757 viewsDannytheR

Grant Hall on 08:34 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Equally, most managers will look good if the competition is Magilton, Hart and Harford.
Grant Hall on 09:24 - Aug 1 with 2725 viewsNorthernr

Grant Hall on 09:16 - Aug 1 by DannytheR

Equally, most managers will look good if the competition is Magilton, Hart and Harford.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024