Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! 21:57 - Feb 24 with 2438 viewsnumptydumpty

I was happy with the draw but that was an awful game of football

But even before the start of the game was baffled by sticking with same starting eleven

Lots of football - we seem to have a bigger squad so why not use them next game at least

I would have Willock Field and Bonne on from the start for Dykes, Ball and Kane

Ie players are tired

And Adomah to come on for last thirty at least...

Strange we seem so often use Kane to deliver the ball in.
I not against Kane like many but its sometimes the out ball when sometimes we do need to be bit more inventive.

Have forgotten that game already as it was so so forgettable - but we got an away clean sheet and remain undefeated for a while,

Was a very poor game in which we were slightly the worse team so the result was ok but yes tired players on both sides hence why I be bit peed off we start the same eleven on Saturday.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 22:08 - Feb 24 with 2367 viewsbosh67

To be fair Warburton said he would keep this 11 for this game and see where he went on Saturday with changes based on fatigue from tonight.

Clean sheet, point, Preston, 40 points. Took us an age to get to 40 last season, even with our style of play. This team is doing exactly what it needs to survive this season. Be hard to beat. It's finally working but I suspect there will be changes at Birmingham as Warburton suggested.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 22:13 - Feb 24 with 2322 viewsnumptydumpty

Ok yes did not hear that he had said that

Am expecting a few changes on Saturday then and be interesting to see how a different starting eleven will do

Ie its easier to impress for last twenty minutes - different and more difficult to do from minute one...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 22:37 - Feb 24 with 2170 viewsdaveB

I thought Ball had a good game, would have been daft to drop him tonight, Also thought Dykes did OK in the first half but faded in the second, he made some decent runs in behind and linked play quite well, was a bit unlucky with that first chance, the keeper made a good save there.

Both sides seemed to settle for a point with 20 mins left as we were both cancelling each other out. Not hugely different to the home game against them but we've cut out the daft mistakes at the back so can stay in games now and always have a chance of winning.
Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 22:47 - Feb 24 with 2108 viewsNov77

To give him credit, our defence desperately needed shoring up and he’s found a system and a keeper to do it (we’ve conceded the same amount of goals as Brentfart).

However, this whole thing of playing the first 60 minutes with only one creative player on the pitch is all a bit too Paul Hart for me.

Can’t keep relying on toblerone boots to create chances.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 22:51 - Feb 24 with 2083 viewsHastings_Hoops

The bit that I agree with in the OP is that the game was crying out for Albert on 60... a bit of quality to deliver a clinical cross
Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 03:07 - Feb 25 with 1869 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I wasn't expecting wholesale changes but I was surprised to see the same starting eleven. Players like Willock, Adomah and Field have done enough to suggest that they can come in and do a job. De Wijs could potentially cover for Cameron. With 7 matches in 21 days, fatigue will be a factor so the gaffer will need to freshen things up to keep the play-off charge going.
Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 05:48 - Feb 25 with 1785 viewsB_Wad

Was surprised there weren't more substitutions at Deepdale. It seemed like PNE were being conservative and Warburton throwing in some fresh legs and pace had a chance to snatch three points at best and at least rest Austin, Johansen and others a bit more for Saturday. Definitely not complaining about an away point but almost at the point now when you can roll the dice a bit.
Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 07:45 - Feb 25 with 1646 viewsstevec

Was interesting watching the team come out at the start.

You sense that if Charlie suggested they go for a pint together this eleven would all happily show up. When I look at our bench I wonder if the same could be said for some of them.

We are undoubtedly beatable but it’s a lot harder when you see the likes of Austin, Kane, Dickie, Cameron talking to each other in and out of play. There’s an old school camaraderie between this bunch which wasn’t there with the disparate collective in the first half of season, too many playing for themselves and a negative vibe across the pitch.

We will need to rest some but whoever comes in needs to be on board.
Login to get fewer ads

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 08:52 - Feb 25 with 1473 viewsbakerloo8

I was surprised we kept the same 11 as well, but one thing we have most definitely got right this season is sports science and managing our players minutes. We've been so good with injuries it cant just be down to luck.
Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 09:15 - Feb 25 with 1408 viewsPaddyhoops

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 22:08 - Feb 24 by bosh67

To be fair Warburton said he would keep this 11 for this game and see where he went on Saturday with changes based on fatigue from tonight.

Clean sheet, point, Preston, 40 points. Took us an age to get to 40 last season, even with our style of play. This team is doing exactly what it needs to survive this season. Be hard to beat. It's finally working but I suspect there will be changes at Birmingham as Warburton suggested.

A few changes for Saturday needed. Mix it up a bit.
Still, forty points with sixteen games to go! Take that at the start of the season!!
Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 09:24 - Feb 25 with 1373 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 08:52 - Feb 25 by bakerloo8

I was surprised we kept the same 11 as well, but one thing we have most definitely got right this season is sports science and managing our players minutes. We've been so good with injuries it cant just be down to luck.

Agree with this, bakerloo.

When it became obvious that we weren't going to empty the bench I wondered if we were sparing the fringe players to start on Saturday and we had a two-game strategy worked out with the sports science crew from the off.

If that's the case then last night's subs make sense. We'll see, I guess.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 09:37 - Feb 25 with 1329 viewsMyke

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 09:24 - Feb 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with this, bakerloo.

When it became obvious that we weren't going to empty the bench I wondered if we were sparing the fringe players to start on Saturday and we had a two-game strategy worked out with the sports science crew from the off.

If that's the case then last night's subs make sense. We'll see, I guess.

I think you could be right Brian. Last night was quite conservative, not so much the formation, but the approach. It was more 'lets not lose' than 'let's try to win', I thought. Especially in the second half and the nature and timing of the subs reflected that. I thought Willock was surprising subdued when he came on, but it just could have been part of the overall attitude of both teams as the game wore on.
It was a significant point (hitting 40) for us and with their recent form they were probably happy enough too. But we really need to go for it now on Saturday. I am not remotely considering the play-offs, but we are starting a run of winnable games now and the sooner we post another 10 -12 points, we can remove the loan players and give our youngsters an opportunity to develop in a real championship environment without any pressure, if (when) they make errors
Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 09:38 - Feb 25 with 1324 viewsrobith

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 22:47 - Feb 24 by Nov77

To give him credit, our defence desperately needed shoring up and he’s found a system and a keeper to do it (we’ve conceded the same amount of goals as Brentfart).

However, this whole thing of playing the first 60 minutes with only one creative player on the pitch is all a bit too Paul Hart for me.

Can’t keep relying on toblerone boots to create chances.

Win four in a row. One draw "It's like watching Paul Hart"

Ok.
Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 09:52 - Feb 25 with 1293 viewspaulparker

I don’t think wholesale changes are needed for Saturday but I would like to Willock for Dykes ,& Field for Ball , we are not going to make the play offs and 2 more wins should see us relatively safe
After that experiment all you like

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 10:04 - Feb 25 with 1261 viewsgazza1

It was not a very good game, a lot of errors throughout. Both teams were average indeed, perhaps one of our worst performances of the season against a 'bang' average Preston team.

As for the team selection......tough call for MW. Do you make changes to the Team when they have been doing so very well or do you play the same team and make changes as he did. Perhaps he thought we could win the match in the first 60 minutes and then rest players but that did not happen. Do you leave players out who have been doing so well - dunno if that is right, I would not have been happy if I was playing good and then 'rested'.

All very tough calls but I would suggest he was right to pick the same team. The next game there WILL be a few changes and maybe 'peoples favourite', namely Willock will get a start,

What is for sure, we would have won if Dykes had scored when he should have do in the first half......there would have been NO MOANS then from selecting the same team!!!
Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 10:12 - Feb 25 with 1230 viewsfrancisbowles

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 09:52 - Feb 25 by paulparker

I don’t think wholesale changes are needed for Saturday but I would like to Willock for Dykes ,& Field for Ball , we are not going to make the play offs and 2 more wins should see us relatively safe
After that experiment all you like

Ball is playing very well at the moment and lasting games. Field hasn't played many minutes in the last year.

I'd say stick and get Field more minutes as a sub.
Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 10:24 - Feb 25 with 1186 viewsgazza1

Change the starting eleven ie games every three days !!! on 10:12 - Feb 25 by francisbowles

Ball is playing very well at the moment and lasting games. Field hasn't played many minutes in the last year.

I'd say stick and get Field more minutes as a sub.

We could see Field start on Saturday along with a couple of other.....so very interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024