Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bamford 08:58 - Mar 20 with 2778 viewsbosh67

What the f*ck does this lad need to do to get into the England squad? Another goal and assist last night and he doesn't even make the squad. I know it isn't an ecumenical matter as Father Jack would say but it now feels ludicrous.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bamford on 09:09 - Mar 20 with 1874 viewsgazza1

Not a big fan tbh but he is doing very well indeed this season......England - big call but he cant do much more.
Bamford on 09:11 - Mar 20 with 1870 viewsrsonist

Think of all Southgate's squad tweaks yesterday this seems the most borderline/least questionable when you take the rest of the squad into account. There's not much between them.
Bamford on 09:19 - Mar 20 with 1848 viewsgazza1

Bamford on 09:11 - Mar 20 by rsonist

Think of all Southgate's squad tweaks yesterday this seems the most borderline/least questionable when you take the rest of the squad into account. There's not much between them.

There's another one who I am not a fan of.....Southgate = failure.
Bamford on 09:22 - Mar 20 with 1839 viewsNorthernr

So weird. Couldn’t hit a barn door last season.
Bamford on 09:28 - Mar 20 with 1807 viewsbosh67

Bamford on 09:22 - Mar 20 by Northernr

Yes he really struggled but has finally had to hold his hands up and find his level being prolific and invaluable in the Prem.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bamford on 09:30 - Mar 20 with 1779 views2Thomas2Bowles

Bit like the 70's where we had a lot of talent so many missed out like our Stan, and we failed to even qualify for 2 World cups.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Bamford on 09:33 - Mar 20 with 1785 viewsrsonist

I can almost feel the warm sunny rays of summer on LFW again, back when Bamford was a donkey, Watkins would never get in the England ahead of Eze, Toney was a panic buy that imperilled the buying club, stats spods tipping Barnsley didn't have a clue... good times.
Bamford on 09:34 - Mar 20 with 1783 viewsdistortR

Bamford on 09:19 - Mar 20 by gazza1

There's another one who I am not a fan of.....Southgate = failure.

ah, I agree, he'll take you so far but then his lack of nous will show.

If you offered me Warbs or Southgate, I'd take Warbs.
Login to get fewer ads

Bamford on 09:45 - Mar 20 with 1741 viewsrsonist

Bamford's only had 18 months in his whole career when his finishing went to pot - was always pretty efficient before that. During that spell the amount of chances he got went through the roof, and it was no coincidence so many fell to him generally being in the right position.

Well done to this fella: https://allstatsarentwe.medium.com/could-the-premier-league-suit-patrick-bamford

As importantly if not more though so he was and remains their best defender and productive focal point.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 9:46]
Bamford on 10:04 - Mar 20 with 1691 viewsrsonist

Bamford on 09:34 - Mar 20 by distortR

ah, I agree, he'll take you so far but then his lack of nous will show.

If you offered me Warbs or Southgate, I'd take Warbs.

I can't see why he's dropped TAA for a start. Though Trippier has been having a way better season than people realise.

It's good to experiment with styles and players in the run up to a tournament to an extent but it's looking increasingly like he's trend chasing without a clear idea any more. Which is the opposite of what he brought when he came in.

Think that's why he's sticking with the ostensibly versatile Walker and Dier even though other proper CBs, RBs, DMs are absurdly far ahead of them.

Bit of a dicey game trying to flout the isolation rules with Bellingham. Should have just called up Curtis Jones IMO.
Bamford on 10:33 - Mar 20 with 1659 viewsDannyPaddox

Annoying Leeds supporter who drinks in my local was going on about Bamford at the start of the season. I said he wouldn’t get near 10 goals in the Premier. So we had a small wager on it. When the pubs are open I’m going to give him one of these ...

Seriously fair play to Bamford and Bielsa for keeping faith in him.
Bamford on 10:40 - Mar 20 with 1637 viewspaulparker

Bamford on 10:04 - Mar 20 by rsonist

I can't see why he's dropped TAA for a start. Though Trippier has been having a way better season than people realise.

It's good to experiment with styles and players in the run up to a tournament to an extent but it's looking increasingly like he's trend chasing without a clear idea any more. Which is the opposite of what he brought when he came in.

Think that's why he's sticking with the ostensibly versatile Walker and Dier even though other proper CBs, RBs, DMs are absurdly far ahead of them.

Bit of a dicey game trying to flout the isolation rules with Bellingham. Should have just called up Curtis Jones IMO.

TAA has been awful this season and hasn’t impressed when he has been given an England start either
Reece James is a head of him atm and deserves to keep his place
One play who should of got a call up was tomori who has done quite well at Milan

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bamford on 10:56 - Mar 20 with 1610 viewsqprphil

Not been a massive fan of Bamford tbh, but he has looked pretty good of late, Leeds are a fairly attacking outfit so chances will come thick and fast mostly. England class, not for me just yet.
Bamford on 10:59 - Mar 20 with 1604 viewsozexile

Bamford on 10:40 - Mar 20 by paulparker

TAA has been awful this season and hasn’t impressed when he has been given an England start either
Reece James is a head of him atm and deserves to keep his place
One play who should of got a call up was tomori who has done quite well at Milan

To be fair to him. I wouldn't expect a player like him to excel in Southgate's ultra conservative set ups.
Bamford on 12:55 - Mar 20 with 1457 viewspaulhoop2

Tbh He should declare for Ireland 🇮🇪 better chance of making it regularly in the team etc but in another note - Bamford , De bruyne, Salah Chelsea really don’t know a player when they see one

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Bamford on 12:56 - Mar 20 with 1456 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If Bam-Bam plays for England he'll be the worst striker to do so since Kerry Dixon.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bamford on 13:06 - Mar 20 with 1429 viewsRangersw12

Bamford on 12:56 - Mar 20 by BrianMcCarthy

If Bam-Bam plays for England he'll be the worst striker to do so since Kerry Dixon.

But still better than anything Ireland have produced in the last 30 years
Bamford on 13:19 - Mar 20 with 1377 viewsngbqpr

We've got an embarrassment of attacking riches.

Sterling, Rashford, Sancho, Foden, Maddison, Grealish, Mount, Lingard, Saka...

Given that, whatever formation GS opts for, it makes sense to have just one out & out striker. That's Kane. Calvert-Lewin, Bamford, Watkins all having great seasons and pushing their cases to be his back up.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Bamford on 13:30 - Mar 20 with 1351 viewskensalriser

Southgate is terrible yet one of the three managers who have progressed England to their furthest point in a competition since 1966.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bamford on 13:31 - Mar 20 with 1347 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bamford on 13:06 - Mar 20 by Rangersw12

True. A cheap shot, but true!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bamford on 13:41 - Mar 20 with 1319 viewsrsonist

Franny Jeffers, Michael Ricketts, David Nugent, James Beattie, Jay Bothroyd, Carlton Cole, Fraizer Campbell, Andy Carroll, Rickie Lambert...
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 13:43]
Bamford on 14:03 - Mar 20 with 1279 viewsMyke

Bamford on 09:22 - Mar 20 by Northernr

luckily for us!
Bamford on 14:07 - Mar 20 with 1275 viewsMyke

You mustn't have watched Leeds this season, Brian, he's been fantastic. Comes across as a humble, nice guy too in post-match interviews.
Bamford on 14:21 - Mar 20 with 1244 viewsPaddyhoops

Bamford on 13:31 - Mar 20 by BrianMcCarthy

True. A cheap shot, but true!

He could play a few friendlies for Ireland, get his eye in and then f* k off and play for England. I'm sure that's been done before??!!
Bamford on 14:42 - Mar 20 with 1217 viewsPaddyhoops

Bamford on 13:06 - Mar 20 by Rangersw12

Robbie Keane. 68 International goals.
Rooney was surrounded by "the golden generation" and got 50!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024