Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Bowler 08:23 - May 7 with 4570 viewsconnell10

To be released by Everton this summer, we did alright there didnt we.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Josh Bowler on 08:25 - May 7 with 3234 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Capital piece of business

Is he any good? I've never seen him play. If he is maybe we could do a cookie.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Josh Bowler on 08:27 - May 7 with 3227 viewsconnell10

Josh Bowler on 08:25 - May 7 by Metallica_Hoop

Capital piece of business

Is he any good? I've never seen him play. If he is maybe we could do a cookie.

Dunno mate but didnt we get like a million for him?

Josh Bowler on 08:27 - May 7 with 3217 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Josh Bowler on 08:27 - May 7 by connell10

Dunno mate but didnt we get like a million for him?

More I think. (not much though)

Josh Bowler on 08:33 - May 7 with 3176 viewswombat

Josh Bowler on 08:27 - May 7 by Metallica_Hoop

More I think. (not much though)

how to blow a promising career in one easy lesson , last seen at hull and didnt loook like he had progressed much think he came on as sub against us.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Josh Bowler on 09:13 - May 7 with 3003 viewsconnell10

Yep , I bet he regrets it now when he sees all the youth coming through into the first team at the Rangers.

Josh Bowler on 09:20 - May 7 with 2986 viewseghamranger

It’s all about the money with him obviously..

And a shocking decision by Everton
Josh Bowler on 09:42 - May 7 with 2914 viewsPBLOCK

I think he’s maybe been a bit unfortunate

He left us to go to Everton which is a big club and was a huge opportunity for him.

Had a loan spell at Hull last season or the season before where he played 30 odd games but didn’t really make much of an impact but they were really struggling which was probably quite tough when you are getting you first taste of proper first team football (apart from one sub appearance for us)

By all accounts went back to Everton and was playing well in the Under 23s and then got injured

Big summer for him. He’s 22 now and has 30 odd league starts which if you compare that to some of our younger players is not much.

He needs to go to the best club for him which will allow him to play football and try to show why Everton to a chance on him, not the club offering the most cash
Josh Bowler on 09:55 - May 7 with 2851 viewsfrancisbowles

He was a young boy who made a decision, probably highly influenced by agents, parents etc to join a top division side who, no doubt, made him promises of 'wealth and stardom'. Can't be many in that situation who wouldn't have made the same choice.

Unfortunately for him, it hasn't worked out and now he is trying to find a club.
We shouldn't be too hard on him.

Unfortunately for us, we won't be collecting any of the add ons to the initial £1.5 million (from memory).
Login to get fewer ads

Josh Bowler on 10:00 - May 7 with 2825 viewsCamberleyR

The new John Bostock.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Josh Bowler on 10:03 - May 7 with 2820 viewsbosh67

I think we got about £4m for him from what I remember. It was a lot more than people thought.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Josh Bowler on 10:09 - May 7 with 2788 viewsCamberleyR

Josh Bowler on 10:03 - May 7 by bosh67

I think we got about £4m for him from what I remember. It was a lot more than people thought.

Not up front it wouldn't have been Bosh. I think we got £1.5m upfront and then add ons like being the next man to walk on the moon would bump it up to £4m.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Josh Bowler on 10:11 - May 7 with 2780 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Josh Bowler on 10:09 - May 7 by CamberleyR

Not up front it wouldn't have been Bosh. I think we got £1.5m upfront and then add ons like being the next man to walk on the moon would bump it up to £4m.

1.5 was what I thought.

I guess we didn't qualify for many add-ons

Josh Bowler on 10:24 - May 7 with 2728 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Josh Bowler on 09:55 - May 7 by francisbowles

He was a young boy who made a decision, probably highly influenced by agents, parents etc to join a top division side who, no doubt, made him promises of 'wealth and stardom'. Can't be many in that situation who wouldn't have made the same choice.

Unfortunately for him, it hasn't worked out and now he is trying to find a club.
We shouldn't be too hard on him.

Unfortunately for us, we won't be collecting any of the add ons to the initial £1.5 million (from memory).

"He was a young boy who made a decision, probably highly influenced by agents, parents etc to join a top division side who, no doubt, made him promises of 'wealth and stardom'. Can't be many in that situation who wouldn't have made the same choice."

It's horrible pressure for a young lad, and a dreadful decision to make either way.

Best of luck to him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Josh Bowler on 10:30 - May 7 with 2705 viewsderbyhoop

He had a number of clubs before QPR and must have hoped he'd make it big. It hasn't at Everon nor when on loan at Hull.
L1 calling?
[Post edited 7 May 2021 10:35]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Josh Bowler on 10:30 - May 7 with 2702 viewsrsonist

Calvert-Lewin and Holgate made the same move at the time. There's no moral to the story here.
Josh Bowler on 10:36 - May 7 with 2671 viewsderbyhoop

Josh Bowler on 10:30 - May 7 by rsonist

Calvert-Lewin and Holgate made the same move at the time. There's no moral to the story here.

Maybe they wanted it more.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Josh Bowler on 10:37 - May 7 with 2650 viewsPlanetHonneywood

At the time, the Toffees were focusing on buying and developing young English talent and they had invested in John Stokes, D C-L and had a few lads coming through.

So given the extra wages, it wasn’t the worst decision given the mess QPR were in at the time.

The real question here: any merit in taking him back and try pick up the pieces?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Josh Bowler on 11:13 - May 7 with 2565 viewsAntti_Heinola

Josh Bowler on 10:30 - May 7 by rsonist

Yeah was going to say the same thing. Going to Everton, a club that has an obvious pathway to the first team for good youngsters and has done for a while now, was not a bad move. I'd even say it was a good move that didn't work out. That happens.

Bare bones.

Josh Bowler on 11:27 - May 7 with 2527 views89_50

Josh Bowler on 10:37 - May 7 by PlanetHonneywood

At the time, the Toffees were focusing on buying and developing young English talent and they had invested in John Stokes, D C-L and had a few lads coming through.

So given the extra wages, it wasn’t the worst decision given the mess QPR were in at the time.

The real question here: any merit in taking him back and try pick up the pieces?

I was wondering the same thing. Not sure whether he's better than what we've got, though.
Josh Bowler on 11:43 - May 7 with 2477 viewskensalriser

Lots of promising youngsters don’t make it for various reasons.

Remember when we got relegated in 1996? I don’t think any of the players who weren’t in or around the first team at the time even went on to have careers at any level in the league. I stand to be corrected if that’s a false memory.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Josh Bowler on 11:51 - May 7 with 2443 viewsbosh67

Josh Bowler on 10:09 - May 7 by CamberleyR

I'm guessing £1.5m was good business then in this case.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Josh Bowler on 11:52 - May 7 with 2439 viewsPhilmyRs

Josh Bowler on 11:43 - May 7 by kensalriser

Lots of promising youngsters don’t make it for various reasons.

Remember when we got relegated in 1996? I don’t think any of the players who weren’t in or around the first team at the time even went on to have careers at any level in the league. I stand to be corrected if that’s a false memory.

Gallen, Dichio, Quashie went on to have fairly decent careers although not sure whether they played top flight - think Quashie did and Dichio played For Sampdoria. Brazier played for Fulham and Challis played quite low level from memory. Had high hopes for them all and don’t think any of them kicked on to where I thought their ability would take them, I include Gallen in that but injury was a factor in that one.
Josh Bowler on 12:49 - May 7 with 2276 viewsdannyblue

Josh Bowler on 11:52 - May 7 by PhilmyRs

Gallen, Dichio, Quashie went on to have fairly decent careers although not sure whether they played top flight - think Quashie did and Dichio played For Sampdoria. Brazier played for Fulham and Challis played quite low level from memory. Had high hopes for them all and don’t think any of them kicked on to where I thought their ability would take them, I include Gallen in that but injury was a factor in that one.

Funnily enough I had to get this out of the loft last night. South East Counties semifinal and the only youth game I've ever been to. At least 5 of ours had a career. The Wham sub went on to have a good go.

[Post edited 7 May 2021 12:50]
Josh Bowler on 13:24 - May 7 with 2179 viewsDavieQPR

Josh Bowler on 10:11 - May 7 by Metallica_Hoop

1.5 was what I thought.

I guess we didn't qualify for many add-ons

That's what I understood as well £1.5m going to £4.2 with add ons.
Josh Bowler on 13:52 - May 7 with 2077 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Josh Bowler on 12:49 - May 7 by dannyblue

Funnily enough I had to get this out of the loft last night. South East Counties semifinal and the only youth game I've ever been to. At least 5 of ours had a career. The Wham sub went on to have a good go.

[Post edited 7 May 2021 12:50]

Just shows how tough it is to make it as a pro.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024