Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? 20:03 - Aug 21 with 6516 viewsGreenbay

Warbs has got a very tough selection choice for the League Cup home match against Oxford Utd on Tuesday.
Will the following have recovered from injury/unwell?
De Wijs, Wallace, McCallum, Dykes and also Dickie who seemed to have a niggle v Barnsley.
Plus of course no Field or Amos.
Out on loan Bettache, Masterson, Bonne and Hamaleinen.
Have I left anyone out?
By naming only 6 on the bench v Barnsley it goes to show how thin we are for back-up.
This is our Achilles heel.
You would think the starters on Tuesday (bearing in mind we want our strongest available line-up v Coventry at home on Saturday and most of the team need a rest) would be
Archer
Odubajo, Dunne, McCallum (if recovered) needing 2 centre-backs if we play wing backs.
So maybe a chance for Gubbins with Dickie and Barbet each playing 45 minutes?
In the middle Thomas, Dozzell and Duke-Mckenna, with Willock and Chair each playing 45 minutes.
Up front Kelman. That leaves Ball as the third sub.
Quite a dilemma for Warbs to keep the team fresh for Coventry.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 21:29 - Aug 21 with 4834 viewsenfieldargh

Archer
Dunne Dickie Barbet
Moses Kakay
Ball Dozzell
Duke Thomas
Kelman

Subs
Walsh
Gubbins
Chair
Willock
Austin
Alfa
Armsrong

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 22:07 - Aug 21 with 4688 viewsAntti_Heinola

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 21:29 - Aug 21 by enfieldargh

Archer
Dunne Dickie Barbet
Moses Kakay
Ball Dozzell
Duke Thomas
Kelman

Subs
Walsh
Gubbins
Chair
Willock
Austin
Alfa
Armsrong

I would be shocked if Dickie plays. Jojo can’t play, ditto de wijs and austin. Dickie looked absolutely knackered at 75 mins today and out on his feet just clapping the crowd at the end. Must be rested. Not how i like it, but after that week, i’d rest everyone i could:

Archer

Odubajo kakay dunne barbet mccallum (hopefully)
Ball Dozzell
Thomas Adomah
Kelman

Bare bones.

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 01:44 - Aug 22 with 4377 viewsbob566

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 22:07 - Aug 21 by Antti_Heinola

I would be shocked if Dickie plays. Jojo can’t play, ditto de wijs and austin. Dickie looked absolutely knackered at 75 mins today and out on his feet just clapping the crowd at the end. Must be rested. Not how i like it, but after that week, i’d rest everyone i could:

Archer

Ball Dozzell
Thomas Adomah
Kelman

This. Id deffo give dozell and thomas a game to redeem themselves. Especially dozell. Just didnt happen today.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 07:55 - Aug 22 with 4198 viewsHastings_Hoops

Archer
Kakay/Dunne/Gubbins/Odubajo
Duke-McKenna/Dozzell/Ball/Thomas
Kelman/Adomah
Bench: Walsh, Austin, Chair, Willock, Dickie, Barbet, Ball

…should perhaps have kept gold of Bettache for an extra few weeks before loaning him out.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 8:11]
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 08:40 - Aug 22 with 4087 viewsgazza1

We are tight atm with the squad in terms of available numbers but it is a two way thing re loaning players (QPR & the other club) and lots to think about when loaning players to other clubs. It is not, just, all about QPR despite the player being our property. Very tough decisions indeed.

MW has some very difficult decisions to make for the next two games before the International break with regards to the fit players. He will know better after the players are all checked over today. His priority will, obviously, be Coventry next Saturday but he will also want to keep this unbeaten run going and move forward to the next round of the Cup. He also has to keep us supporters onside and not give up the Cup (and rightly so imo - I want a decent cup run which imo will help the Club in many ways).

So the team (it is just guesswork calculations).......

Archer will start in goal......
I dont know if McCallum will be fit but if he is he will start wide left with Kakay wide right.
I think Dickie, Barbet and Dunne with complete the defences.....
Midfield will surely see Dozzell & Thomas playing along with Chair or Willock....
You may see Dykes and Kelman playing up front.
However you may see Ball & Moses fitted in somewhere depending on fitness of others.

Decent enough team to win the match and once it is won then get some players off the bench.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 8:41]
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 08:53 - Aug 22 with 4033 viewsstevec

Expecting mostly reserves but the midfield and attack options unlikely to be good enough to beat Oxford.

Fill the bench with first teamers and if we are still in it after an hour maybe put them on late. Quite happy to give up this game, we need to protect our first eleven as much as possible.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 08:58 - Aug 22 with 4020 viewsBAWHoops

Think we will see

....................Archer.............
.......Kakay....Dunne....Barbet.....
Odubajo............................McCallem
.............Ball.......Dozell.................
...........Thomas...Duke-Mckenna......
.................Kelman......................

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 09:05 - Aug 22 with 3992 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Look, we’re 3-0 down from the first leg, and we need to decide if we’re going for it or not!

To win we need a quick goal and it’s imperative we keep it tight at the back from the start. We do that and keep the pressure on, we could turn this around.

Only team selection issue I’d raise: Houghton needs looking after despite his age, so no Kakay on the wrong side.

If we’ve given up on the Milk Cup, then rest everyone and keep Charles off the pies.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 09:37 - Aug 22 with 3915 viewsWatfordR

Archer

Ball Dozzell
Thomas Adomah
Kelman

That's the team I'd go with. Amazed that some would start without Albert after yesterday.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 09:56 - Aug 22 with 3878 viewsCiderwithRsie

Archer

Ball Dozzell
Thomas Adomah
Kelman

Pretty much that, it's a good thing Barbet never needs to rest, ever.

I'd like to go further and rest Ball - clearly the idea was to rest him yesterday but he had to play almost an hour. We don't have cover for him atm and he's key. Can Duke-McKenna play that role?

Wish we still had Bettache but Gazza1's right, if he's as good as we think getting the right loan to develop him is more important than cover in cup games. (Surprised we think Oldham is the right move though, the place seems to be a sh*tshow, seems to be a sort of season-long Terror Tuesday for the lad.)
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:02 - Aug 22 with 3863 viewsNorthernr

Thought it was a shame we couldn't wait until after this to loan Bettache and Masterson out, and that's even more the case now.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:28 - Aug 22 with 3800 viewsQPROslo

Apart from Kakay, Dozzell and Thomas, I hope he rests the regular 1st team players who aren't already injured or sick, play Kelman, McCallum, Duke-McKenna and the best of the U23's, and get the 1st teamers rested and really raring to go against Coventry.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:36 - Aug 22 with 3771 viewshertshoops

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:02 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Thought it was a shame we couldn't wait until after this to loan Bettache and Masterson out, and that's even more the case now.

When you look through our squad it looks increasingly light with the injuries we're picking up, the loans out and the importance of maintaining momentum in the league

Duke Mckenna and Dalling have been on the fringes last season but are any of the other 23's ready to step up on Tuesday ?
Does Ramkilde actually exist outside the internet ?
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:44 - Aug 22 with 3748 viewsNorthernr

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:28 - Aug 22 by QPROslo

Apart from Kakay, Dozzell and Thomas, I hope he rests the regular 1st team players who aren't already injured or sick, play Kelman, McCallum, Duke-McKenna and the best of the U23's, and get the 1st teamers rested and really raring to go against Coventry.

Yeh I wouldn't ordinarily agree but I do on this occasion. I don't want to see anybody on Tuesday night basically. Get that win against Coventry and get into the international break with a great August under our belts.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:48 - Aug 22 with 3727 viewsnix

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:28 - Aug 22 by QPROslo

As we're prioritising the League, I wouldn't mind seeing Sinclair Armstrong at least on the bench against Oxford. He's a big unit but also looks like he's got ball skills (admittedly only judging this on one u23s match!).
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 11:24 - Aug 22 with 3659 viewsNed_Kennedys

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 08:53 - Aug 22 by stevec

Expecting mostly reserves but the midfield and attack options unlikely to be good enough to beat Oxford.

Fill the bench with first teamers and if we are still in it after an hour maybe put them on late. Quite happy to give up this game, we need to protect our first eleven as much as possible.

How many of the recent seasons have most of us moaned about previous managers ‘throwing’ winnable cup games?
By all means rest knackered players but play as many of the first team as possible IMO, we can take some off early if we are winning.
I for one would like to be in the next round: a home match against a top team would be great.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 11:32 - Aug 22 with 3643 viewsGloryHunter

Whatever happened to that club where the supporters picked the team? Oh, Ebbsfleet Utd - got relegated out of The Conference.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 11:38 - Aug 22 with 3625 viewsrsonist

Big ol pile of bare bones. Wonder if they're considering an extra loan now beyond the original attacking pace man idea?
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 13:42 - Aug 22 with 3459 viewsdmm

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:36 - Aug 22 by hertshoops

When you look through our squad it looks increasingly light with the injuries we're picking up, the loans out and the importance of maintaining momentum in the league

Duke Mckenna and Dalling have been on the fringes last season but are any of the other 23's ready to step up on Tuesday ?
Does Ramkilde actually exist outside the internet ?

Dalling was released in the summer.

We have some promising U23s but I'm not sure any are ready to step up just yet. Almost all are 21 or under and still need time to develop. I hope some more get loans this season or if not, good involvement in B team.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 14:10 - Aug 22 with 3406 viewsCiderwithRsie

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:44 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Yeh I wouldn't ordinarily agree but I do on this occasion. I don't want to see anybody on Tuesday night basically. Get that win against Coventry and get into the international break with a great August under our belts.

You're actually being consistent. You've always said we neglect a competition we could win just to be a place or two different in lower/mid-table.

This year we could win promotion, it'd be stupid to jeopardise that to go a round or two further into a comp where one defeat puts you out.

Mind you, not actually putting a team out on Tuesday would be radical. Probably counts as Plan C.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 14:23 - Aug 22 with 3385 viewssaxbend

His options are so limited that I don't think it makes much difference whether he would prefer to rest players or make sure we win the game. The team would basically be the same at either extreme.

I imagine it'll be something like

Archer
Kakay, Barbet, Dunne, Dickie, Odubajo
Thomas Dozzell Ball Duke-Mckenna
Kelman

Subs: Walsh, McCallum(?) Johansen, Amos(?), Chair, Adomah, Dykes(?), Austin,
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 14:37 - Aug 22 with 3341 viewsNed_Kennedys

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 13:42 - Aug 22 by dmm

Dalling was released in the summer.

We have some promising U23s but I'm not sure any are ready to step up just yet. Almost all are 21 or under and still need time to develop. I hope some more get loans this season or if not, good involvement in B team.

I’d be happy to see Armstrong or Adarkwa on the bench: both look like they have a lot of potential and would provide a threat to Oxford up front. Also Bansal-McNulty wouldn’t look out of place IMO.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 18:00 - Aug 22 with 3249 viewswood_hoop

I am all for winning every game we compete in, probably why my highest point of manangement is the U11 shcools team and a bunch of piss heads on a Sunday morning, where half a dozen pf the selected X1 without a hangover was seen as a real fitness bonus.

So trying to look for a few smidgens of advantage we may have over of our opponents come Tuesday, the 'unmentionables 'will be no walkover, got into last seasons playoffs, and not had a bad start to this season, sitting 10th at the moment, but only 3 points off the top, so no mugs at L1 level.

One thing that might work in our favour is they may not put out a full strentgh side either , they don't get a break come 'internationals week' so their management may be also looking at future games and not want to diminsh the chances of putting out full srength sides for up coming L1 games, probably wishful thinking on my part but I would like to think a understrength side from us should be able to match what they throw at us.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:41 - Aug 23 with 3052 viewsfrancisbowles

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 18:00 - Aug 22 by wood_hoop

I am all for winning every game we compete in, probably why my highest point of manangement is the U11 shcools team and a bunch of piss heads on a Sunday morning, where half a dozen pf the selected X1 without a hangover was seen as a real fitness bonus.

So trying to look for a few smidgens of advantage we may have over of our opponents come Tuesday, the 'unmentionables 'will be no walkover, got into last seasons playoffs, and not had a bad start to this season, sitting 10th at the moment, but only 3 points off the top, so no mugs at L1 level.

One thing that might work in our favour is they may not put out a full strentgh side either , they don't get a break come 'internationals week' so their management may be also looking at future games and not want to diminsh the chances of putting out full srength sides for up coming L1 games, probably wishful thinking on my part but I would like to think a understrength side from us should be able to match what they throw at us.

The reporter on Quest, on Saturday, said they have a few injury problems too.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:57 - Aug 23 with 3009 viewsDavieQPR

De Wijs was more than likely taken off as a precaution because of the clash of heads earlier. Should be back. My worry is Kelman . For a striker he doesn't seem to know where the net is. Has only 6 goals in 42 appearances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024