Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie linked... 08:12 - Nov 11 with 4941 viewsconnell10

wet Spam showing a interest .....yep 20 million and they might have a deal!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dickie linked... on 08:20 - Nov 11 with 3607 viewsCroydonCaptJack

No way is he worth that mate. I would snap your hands off. He is a real good signing and was a great find at this level but I am not sure he could make the step up.
Dickie linked... on 08:34 - Nov 11 with 3521 viewsstevec

I’d rather he remained here as our Bobby Moore but the games different at that level and not convinced he’d cover his own lack of pace quite so well.
Dickie linked... on 09:00 - Nov 11 with 3463 viewsconnell10

Dickie linked... on 08:20 - Nov 11 by CroydonCaptJack

No way is he worth that mate. I would snap your hands off. He is a real good signing and was a great find at this level but I am not sure he could make the step up.

He probably ain't but if we are thinking about getting promoted this year then you gotta keep ya best players , hence tell Wet Spam 20 million or no deal...we win either way .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dickie linked... on 09:32 - Nov 11 with 3369 viewsLowerloftLad

I think it would be a bid of anything between 8-12mill and a sell on fee. But who knows in this market QPR may turn around and ask for 6mill or 15mill no idea.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Dickie linked... on 09:45 - Nov 11 with 3323 viewsted_hendrix

Decent Championship defender, nowhere near a Premiership defender he would get pulled apart in that league.
Thankfully he'll still be with us May next year.
Probably worth about £3---£4 million if any club is interested.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dickie linked... on 10:00 - Nov 11 with 3259 viewsNW5Hoop

He's not worth what anyone here — me included — suggests he's worth. He's worth what a club will pay for him. That's the nature of the market.
Dickie linked... on 10:02 - Nov 11 with 3248 viewsterryb

I would imagine that this is the usual crap that told us that Eze, BOS & others were wanted by West Ham. Not one bid was made though!

At present, Rob Dickie is not close to the ability of their four centre halves, though he is probably a better ball player than them.
Dickie linked... on 10:03 - Nov 11 with 3239 viewsfrancisbowles

Dickie linked... on 09:45 - Nov 11 by ted_hendrix

Decent Championship defender, nowhere near a Premiership defender he would get pulled apart in that league.

I'd agree with that Ted. He would need some very quick cb's alongside him. It would have been interesting to see him in the same team as Ned.

I don't know what other teams would bid but he has two and a half years on his contract with, probably, another year's option, will be 26 in March and we reportedly paid nearly £2.5 million for him. He's worth considerably more to us than £3-£4 million. So, imho, if anyone wants him they need to be bidding £6 million+.
Login to get fewer ads

Dickie linked... on 10:14 - Nov 11 with 3202 viewsTomS

Whenever I think of transfer dealings with West Ham, my immediate reaction isn't to think of the sales of Parkes for a world record fee for a goalkeeper. Nor is it to think of getting a million pounds for Paul Goddard in the early 80s. Unfortunately, it's that fiasco of a Sinclair deal which saw us swap an England international for three fringe players. It still leaves a bitter taste after all these years.

As to Rob Dickie, he has made a favourable impression and scouts will inevitably express an interest. He will be sold at some point, when the price is right.
Dickie linked... on 10:14 - Nov 11 with 3199 viewsCiderwithRsie

Is there a Non-Transfer Window? A month or two after September and between Christmas and Easter when we don't have to read bulls*t about who's going to where for how much?

I'd probably settle for a week.
Dickie linked... on 10:15 - Nov 11 with 3195 viewsAntti_Heinola

Stats and pundits and my own eyes suggest he's more than 'decent' - probably one of the top 5 CBs in the league.
In terms of stepping up, ability-wise, he'd have no problem at all. He's one of the cleanest tacklers I've seen and his excellent at remaining on his feet and has excellent timing, is comfortable on the ball, good in the air, scores the odd barnstormer and can pass. Pace is his issue, so agree with you there - that is a real drawback in the Prem.

As someone else said, what you think he's 'worth' and what the market dictates are two radically different things. There's nothing in this West Ham nonsense, just newspaper reaction to the Ogbonna injury, but there are so many variables:

1. How long is his contract? He's just 16 months into a 4-year deal, so bargaining power there.
2. How valuable is he to us? Well, very. To the point where we would HAVE to buy a replacement. So that's a factor.
3. What's the date? Buying in January is risky and more expensive. QPR would want a higher price becausze they'd have to pay a premium for his replacement.
4. How much do West Ham want him? Well, if he's their main target, and they are a top 5 Prem club with aspirations of maybe even CL qualification this season, then again, they will have to pay a premium. West Ham also have previous in leaving things very late and then being forced to pay what is probably over the odds. They're not the smartest club in the transfer market in that respect.

The idea QPR would sell for £1m more thna they paid to a *premier league* club is laughable. I agree, he's not going for £12-£15m. But £6m would be the absolute minimum here.

Bare bones.

Dickie linked... on 10:17 - Nov 11 with 3180 viewsJogo

Dickie linked... on 10:14 - Nov 11 by CiderwithRsie

Is there a Non-Transfer Window? A month or two after September and between Christmas and Easter when we don't have to read bulls*t about who's going to where for how much?

I'd probably settle for a week.

West Ham are skinflints... they'll probably offer us Iain Dowie, Keith Rowlands and Tim Breaker in a swap deal
Dickie linked... on 10:19 - Nov 11 with 3168 viewsbosh67

I can't see this happening. He needs a few more time at this level. He is really excellent and has improved light years but there is a prem issue and that is that he has no pace.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dickie linked... on 10:29 - Nov 11 with 3138 viewsQPRSteve

This crap has been doing the rounds for a few days now - from one clickbait site to another.

Load of old böllocks.
Dickie linked... on 10:29 - Nov 11 with 3138 viewsdmm

I believe this story originated from Football League World. It is a clickbait site.
Dickie linked... on 11:02 - Nov 11 with 3012 viewsMalintabuk

Think that is the post that sums that one up.
Can't really see any prem club coming in for any of our players at the moment
Chair possibly in the summer if he keeps progressing, Willock maybe.... but none are head and shoulders as Eze was
Dickie linked... on 11:04 - Nov 11 with 2998 viewsEsox_Lucius

I used to think that about Lewis Dunk but he seems to have made the step up.

The grass is always greener.

Dickie linked... on 11:07 - Nov 11 with 2975 viewsBklynRanger

While allowing for the click-baitery of this, you want him and other players to be linked as much as possible obviously - shows they and we are going in the right direction.

We shouldn't sell him in Jan though unless it's for daft money - too much of a loss at the wrong time.
Dickie linked... on 11:10 - Nov 11 with 2964 viewstoboboly

Dickie linked... on 11:04 - Nov 11 by Esox_Lucius

I used to think that about Lewis Dunk but he seems to have made the step up.

And Konk's perennial favourite Dan Burn. Somehow has gone from league 1 to PL despite having the turning circle of a dead cabbage.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Dickie linked... on 11:11 - Nov 11 with 2958 viewsted_hendrix

Dickie linked... on 10:15 - Nov 11 by Antti_Heinola

Stats and pundits and my own eyes suggest he's more than 'decent' - probably one of the top 5 CBs in the league.
In terms of stepping up, ability-wise, he'd have no problem at all. He's one of the cleanest tacklers I've seen and his excellent at remaining on his feet and has excellent timing, is comfortable on the ball, good in the air, scores the odd barnstormer and can pass. Pace is his issue, so agree with you there - that is a real drawback in the Prem.

As someone else said, what you think he's 'worth' and what the market dictates are two radically different things. There's nothing in this West Ham nonsense, just newspaper reaction to the Ogbonna injury, but there are so many variables:

1. How long is his contract? He's just 16 months into a 4-year deal, so bargaining power there.
2. How valuable is he to us? Well, very. To the point where we would HAVE to buy a replacement. So that's a factor.
3. What's the date? Buying in January is risky and more expensive. QPR would want a higher price becausze they'd have to pay a premium for his replacement.
4. How much do West Ham want him? Well, if he's their main target, and they are a top 5 Prem club with aspirations of maybe even CL qualification this season, then again, they will have to pay a premium. West Ham also have previous in leaving things very late and then being forced to pay what is probably over the odds. They're not the smartest club in the transfer market in that respect.

The idea QPR would sell for £1m more thna they paid to a *premier league* club is laughable. I agree, he's not going for £12-£15m. But £6m would be the absolute minimum here.

My POTY last season, hopefully my POTY this season, my termanology for 'decent' means good not okay but good (should have said good not decent).
Being honest-he's young-he's talented and he's currently being schooled and educated at a good club.
He has a great future in front of him but strewth these pox ridden transfer rumour threads drive me mad and as a rule I try to avoid them.
Today I fell by the wayside.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dickie linked... on 11:42 - Nov 11 with 2845 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I dunno, if Damien Delaney can make it for 6 years!
Dickie linked... on 11:49 - Nov 11 with 2806 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dickie linked... on 10:15 - Nov 11 by Antti_Heinola

West Ham, with one foot in a possible Champions League place, would be better off getting a short term, cheaper, out of sorts / out of contention CB from a big club, on a promise of a decent deal if they qualify for Europe, not a unpolished gem who was playing Accrington Stanley a year ago.

A Taribou West kind of deal for old school football manager acolytes.

No offence Stanley fans.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2021 11:50]
Dickie linked... on 12:21 - Nov 11 with 2688 viewsLythamR

Dickie linked... on 10:29 - Nov 11 by dmm

I believe this story originated from Football League World. It is a clickbait site.

I saw it on west london sport after a twitter update only to find out its simply picking up a football league world "story".

have to say i was very disappointed i thought West London Sport were better than that

Checked with a West Ham friend who follows them very closely, he doesnt even know who Dickie is
Dickie linked... on 13:47 - Nov 11 with 2427 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Dickie linked... on 11:10 - Nov 11 by toboboly

And Konk's perennial favourite Dan Burn. Somehow has gone from league 1 to PL despite having the turning circle of a dead cabbage.

That reminds me..........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49224905
Dickie linked... on 13:59 - Nov 11 with 2360 viewstoboboly

Dickie linked... on 13:47 - Nov 11 by Silverfoxqpr

That reminds me..........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49224905

To be fair to him he has always looked good when playing in anything other than a Utd shirt, the stats in the article show it. Must be something in the canal water?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024