Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sadness 17:57 - Apr 29 with 6839 viewsLogman

I feel a tinge of sadness ahead of going tonight. It saddens me that the club deem it right to dispense with the services of Mark Warburton after he has served the club with no small amount of competence and dignity. What are your saddest moments as an R's supporter ?

Here are some of mine:

Ray Jones's untimely death
Faurlin being released
Dave Thomas being led by the guide dog when made a Forever R
The images on the big screen of those lost to COVID at the start of the season
Dean McKee's poem on the big screen before every home game
Dottie Rees taking the centre circle
Stan's final appearance on the pitch

There are many more and I wouldn't want to do a dis-service to others which I haven't mentioned.

What is your saddest moment at HR ?

[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 18:00]
Sadness on 23:03 - Apr 29 with 5355 viewsNorthantsHoop

1986 Milk Cup Final, team never turned up and got routed 3-0.
Sadness on 23:15 - Apr 29 with 5294 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Suffering Jesus, what an idea for a thread.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sadness on 23:23 - Apr 29 with 5253 viewsdistortR

Sadness on 23:15 - Apr 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Suffering Jesus, what an idea for a thread.

edited after reading op
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 23:25]
Sadness on 01:59 - Apr 30 with 5076 viewspaulhoop2

Tonight - warbs going was sad to be part of tonight a great guy. Didn’t think I would ever say this but starting to get angry with Les .

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Sadness on 02:02 - Apr 30 with 5072 viewslightwaterhoop

Every game is a bit sad for me now to be honest as there are many QPR friends and mates who have now passed away that i wont see at the game or in the pub afterwards.Guys ive grown up with and shared many good times with.But thats just life i guess a bit of joy and a lot of sadness.God bless them all.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 2:14]
Sadness on 02:17 - Apr 30 with 5033 viewsrobith

Yesterday dad got the "there's nothing more we can do" chat from his doctor. I had to sit next to his empty seat for the final time. Its pretty much the roughest night of football of my life.i held it together all night until I had to say thank you to the family who sit next to us for all their thoughts and well wishes throughout the season. I feel like I've been beaten up
Sadness on 02:41 - Apr 30 with 4977 viewsozexile

Sadness on 02:17 - Apr 30 by robith

Yesterday dad got the "there's nothing more we can do" chat from his doctor. I had to sit next to his empty seat for the final time. Its pretty much the roughest night of football of my life.i held it together all night until I had to say thank you to the family who sit next to us for all their thoughts and well wishes throughout the season. I feel like I've been beaten up

I'm so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself.
Sadness on 05:20 - Apr 30 with 4893 viewsnix

So sorry to hear. That must have been immeasurably hard. Take care of yourself. It puts the sadness of last night for me into perspective.
Login to get fewer ads

Sadness on 06:49 - Apr 30 with 4805 viewsRs_Holy

I’m really sorry to hear that Robith… puts football totally into perspective. It was a subdued one for me as a close friend of mine found out yesterday his wife only has 4 - 6 weeks left to live (she is 50)… as Charlies goal went in I couldn’t have cared less … very similar feeling to the Sheff U goals being scored.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 6:53]
Sadness on 07:23 - Apr 30 with 4737 viewsbosh67

I am so sorry to hear this and thoughts with you and your family. I’ve been in exactly this situation there so I fully understand your feelings at the game. All I can say is cherish all the good times and laughs you have had over the years together there. It may not feel like it now but you’ve both been blessed to have those times as father and son.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sadness on 09:39 - Apr 30 with 4480 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Much love Robith x

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sadness on 09:47 - Apr 30 with 4434 viewsPunteR

You take care mate. Love from the PunteR household. X

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sadness on 09:53 - Apr 30 with 4418 viewsterryb

I can't add anything to the other replies robith, except to say my thoughts are with you.
Sadness on 15:14 - Apr 30 with 4204 viewsrobith

Thank you all for your kind words, and especially to my friends who were such a source of solace for me last night
Sadness on 15:50 - Apr 30 with 4168 viewsDiscodroids

LOVE.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Sadness on 17:25 - Apr 30 with 4075 viewsLblock

So sorry to read this - dig in mate, dig in.

Really poignant and also a perspective checker
It’s not about this Manager, that player, whether we make the play offs, get promoted or relegated. It’s the club and how it brings you together with those you love, you cherish, you respect and who make you laugh, cry and frustrated….

Thoughts with you and your family x

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sadness on 17:46 - Apr 30 with 4026 viewspaulparker

You probably got me on ignore
But if you do read this all the very best

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sadness on 17:48 - Apr 30 with 4029 viewsDiscodroids

Sadness on 17:46 - Apr 30 by paulparker

Legend.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Sadness on 18:46 - Apr 30 with 3940 viewsrobith

Sadness on 17:46 - Apr 30 by paulparker

Hello PP

I did have you on ignore. The failing was mine though. I found myself unable to stop arguing with you, and I didn't think that was very good for anyone. I dont really look at it, but I'm less of a keyboard warrior these days and I should actually have taken you off. Thank you for reaching out - funny how this infuriating football club brings such strange bedfellows together - it really is appreciated mate
Sadness on 19:04 - Apr 30 with 3886 viewspaulparker

Sadness on 18:46 - Apr 30 by robith

Hello PP

I did have you on ignore. The failing was mine though. I found myself unable to stop arguing with you, and I didn't think that was very good for anyone. I dont really look at it, but I'm less of a keyboard warrior these days and I should actually have taken you off. Thank you for reaching out - funny how this infuriating football club brings such strange bedfellows together - it really is appreciated mate

No worries
Petty arguments are pointless when it comes to what you are going through
I sincerely hope things turn better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sadness on 16:49 - May 1 with 3636 viewsfrancisbowles

Best wishes to you and your family in your difficult time.
Sadness on 12:13 - May 2 with 3467 viewsSnipper

So sorry to hear about that robith.

You’re in my thoughts fella. ❤️❤️
Sadness on 10:08 - May 17 with 2881 viewsrobith

As so many of you wrote so many kind things I just wanted to let you know that sadly Dad left us in the early hours of Saturday morning. His last few days were fairly traumatic for all of us, but we got him his wish of going at home surrounded by us all.

I'm sure wherever his essence is now thinks it's hilarious he passed on my birthday "haha remember me, boy!" but I'm glad it's over and he can finally get some rest
Sadness on 10:10 - May 17 with 2868 viewsLblock

Sadness on 10:08 - May 17 by robith

As so many of you wrote so many kind things I just wanted to let you know that sadly Dad left us in the early hours of Saturday morning. His last few days were fairly traumatic for all of us, but we got him his wish of going at home surrounded by us all.

I'm sure wherever his essence is now thinks it's hilarious he passed on my birthday "haha remember me, boy!" but I'm glad it's over and he can finally get some rest

Condolences and respects to you and your family.

Stay strong

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sadness on 10:13 - May 17 with 2837 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Really sorry to hear that Robith
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024