Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johansen and Adomah 09:46 - Jun 18 with 9550 viewsMyke

With some of the elder lemons moving on; Austin, Wallace - even Barbet and Ball to an extent - and the arrival of Salter and presumably a couple more young(er) uns, the importance of Jo Jo and Albert could be as significant off the pitch as it is on it, this coming season. I have no worries regarding Adomah fulfilling a mentors role - we know how much he loves the club - I hope Steph can also play his part in settling the team and influencing the younger players.
Johansen and Adomah on 09:56 - Jun 18 with 7515 viewsdmm

You can add Moses Odubajo too if he stays. It is quite a young squad with an average age of around 25 but not unusually so, and I think most players have plenty of games under their belts.
Johansen and Adomah on 10:30 - Jun 18 with 7365 viewsDannytheR

Not sure I massively want the younger players under Johansen's influence. If I was the club, my priority would be settling his contract and freeing up the money.
Johansen and Adomah on 10:44 - Jun 18 with 7289 viewsdanehoop

Johansen and Adomah on 10:30 - Jun 18 by DannytheR

Not sure I massively want the younger players under Johansen's influence. If I was the club, my priority would be settling his contract and freeing up the money.

Why?

He is ours, he is a model professional who has done all that has been asked of him, including playing through some injuries and lacking a full pre-season. Former international captain and supposed to be all round good egg in the dressing room as well.

Hopefully having had a rest and full pre-season we will get more out of him this year, as we do know how good a fully firing Johansen can be for us.

Equally paying him off is going to be expensive given 2 more years of his contract, then we will have to replace him with someone as good for less money and zero transfer. We are basically going to have to make this work I am afraid.

Never knowingly understood

Johansen and Adomah on 11:23 - Jun 18 with 7149 viewsDannytheR

Johansen and Adomah on 10:44 - Jun 18 by danehoop

Why?

He is ours, he is a model professional who has done all that has been asked of him, including playing through some injuries and lacking a full pre-season. Former international captain and supposed to be all round good egg in the dressing room as well.

Hopefully having had a rest and full pre-season we will get more out of him this year, as we do know how good a fully firing Johansen can be for us.

Equally paying him off is going to be expensive given 2 more years of his contract, then we will have to replace him with someone as good for less money and zero transfer. We are basically going to have to make this work I am afraid.

Not sure I agree, really. Not going to get into a back and forth about it and I don't claim to have any inside track, but it's very difficult for any of us to know who is and isn't a good or bad egg in the dressing room. So much of this is eye of the beholder stuff. If a player fans don't like falls off a cliff with injuries and form, he's a sicknote. If it's one they do, he's still a great lad and just needs a good pre-season. Really, very few of us know.

But what younger players *do* need more than anything in a role model is someone who performs, consistently. Johansen hasn't done that since he was with us on loan. If the player he was until last summer re-appears, fantastico. Personally, I'm not holding my breath.

But yes, as you say, financially a contract is a contract.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2022 11:25]
Johansen and Adomah on 12:19 - Jun 18 with 6919 viewspaulhoop2

I would say make Albert club captain and Steffen team captain

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Johansen and Adomah on 14:03 - Jun 18 with 6662 viewsMyke

Johansen and Adomah on 12:19 - Jun 18 by paulhoop2

I would say make Albert club captain and Steffen team captain

You really need your team captain on the pitch most if not all of the time. My preferred choice would be Dickie if he stays or Chair if he doesn't
Johansen and Adomah on 16:01 - Jun 18 with 6396 viewsLogman

What about Jimmy Dunne ? He was captain in the last home game and he led the team excellently.
Johansen and Adomah on 22:21 - Jun 21 with 5570 viewsDavieQPR

Captains are usually an experienced pro who not only impart knowledge on the pitch but can take someone aside and have a quiet word about anything wrong. Does anybody really think Dickie or Dunne are capable. A good player doesn't necessarily mean he would be a good captain.
Login to get fewer ads

Johansen and Adomah on 09:54 - Jun 22 with 5246 viewsterryb

Johansen and Adomah on 22:21 - Jun 21 by DavieQPR

Captains are usually an experienced pro who not only impart knowledge on the pitch but can take someone aside and have a quiet word about anything wrong. Does anybody really think Dickie or Dunne are capable. A good player doesn't necessarily mean he would be a good captain.

They can also be very young, as per Gerry Francis, Ray Wilkins, Steve Perryman, Adel Taarabt etc.

Leading by example is every bit required by captains as other qualities.
Johansen and Adomah on 10:00 - Jun 22 with 5235 viewsWadR

Do think Johansen's 'terrible' 21/22 season is overstated. He was captain and virtually ever-present in a side that was in the top 6 until March. I don't think he performed at the level of the previous half season but there were games - Huddersfield at home, Coventry at home, Reading at home - that stand out as individual excellent performances.

His performances definitely dropped off in the Spring and I guess you can ask questions about how well Field and Stef suit playing next to each other - but think it's horribly premature to be talking about ripping up contracts 2 years early.
Johansen and Adomah on 11:29 - Jun 22 with 5066 viewsLazyFan

Johansen and Adomah on 10:00 - Jun 22 by WadR

Do think Johansen's 'terrible' 21/22 season is overstated. He was captain and virtually ever-present in a side that was in the top 6 until March. I don't think he performed at the level of the previous half season but there were games - Huddersfield at home, Coventry at home, Reading at home - that stand out as individual excellent performances.

His performances definitely dropped off in the Spring and I guess you can ask questions about how well Field and Stef suit playing next to each other - but think it's horribly premature to be talking about ripping up contracts 2 years early.

Agreed, rumours were that JoJo was not 100% when came back.

Now we can see if it is a loss of form or playing at less than 100%. What I did notice is that Field had started to make runs in behind the oppo's defence in the last 2 months of the season, that is coaching right there and then.

It did not work that well for Field as it was in my view too late in the season, this should be done in pre-season. Let's see if that changes his game as it was defo a change in his tactical positioning as a player.

Point is, if Field can do that, then this reduces the reliance on JoJo as that is what he gives as a difference as player and what he did so, well in his first stint there.

What I will also say is that Willock and Chair create loads of space for other players like JoJo, without both of them playing space does not open up as much for those forward runs by others.

zzzzzzzzzz

Johansen and Adomah on 11:46 - Jun 22 with 4993 viewssdm1508

Also I think Johansen plays better as 1 of 3 in the middle like he did at Fulham. If we play Beales preferred formation of 433 rather than the 4231, we will probably play with one holding player (Field) and then two box to box players. I think the extra set of legs in midfield will help Johansen.
Johansen and Adomah on 13:01 - Jun 22 with 4857 viewssparkey

Ohhhhhhh Albert Adomah
Johansen and Adomah on 13:11 - Jun 22 with 4785 viewsTonto

what was severely lacking in our awful run at the end of the year was a "leader on the pitch". that voice, that inspiration, that person taking charge. most notably against Peterboro. that could/should be JoJo, but if he is injured or off the pitch, then who else. I dont see that as Adomah, maybe its Dunne, but someone needs to step up for us to fulfil potential.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Johansen and Adomah on 13:12 - Jun 22 with 4781 viewsaston_hoop

Johansen and Adomah on 13:01 - Jun 22 by sparkey

Ohhhhhhh Albert Adomah

Pleased with that, clearly a great person to have in the squad (especially one so young) and gives us a variety of options. Very good as an option off the bench too. Also assume the 2 year deal would be like the Austin one and contingent on number of games?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Johansen and Adomah on 14:14 - Jun 22 with 4542 viewsfrancisbowles

Love Albert but I hope we don't regret this. I thought his form at the end of the season was poor, he seemed to have lost some of his ability. Maybe there were reasons for it and it is not just the aging process.

It would be typical Hoos, if he has an 'Austin type' clause before he gets the second year.
Johansen and Adomah on 14:19 - Jun 22 with 4496 viewsdaveB

Johansen and Adomah on 14:14 - Jun 22 by francisbowles

Love Albert but I hope we don't regret this. I thought his form at the end of the season was poor, he seemed to have lost some of his ability. Maybe there were reasons for it and it is not just the aging process.

It would be typical Hoos, if he has an 'Austin type' clause before he gets the second year.

yeah am sure there will be a clause for them to go their separate ways next summer
Johansen and Adomah on 14:45 - Jun 22 with 4335 viewsbosh67

I'm just glad he's signed and he is a great influence off and on the pitch.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Johansen and Adomah on 14:49 - Jun 22 with 4316 viewsAntti_Heinola

Johansen and Adomah on 14:14 - Jun 22 by francisbowles

not really sure how you'd regret it, feels like an eyes wide open deal to me. Even if he got injured, that could happen to anyone.
Very fit, but burned out a bit after first part of the season. V useful for us, especially with 5 subs being allowed.

Bare bones.

Johansen and Adomah on 14:52 - Jun 22 with 4301 viewsLanhoop

Johansen and Adomah on 14:49 - Jun 22 by Antti_Heinola

not really sure how you'd regret it, feels like an eyes wide open deal to me. Even if he got injured, that could happen to anyone.
Very fit, but burned out a bit after first part of the season. V useful for us, especially with 5 subs being allowed.

The 5 subs thing is a really good point. Could be perfect for Albert.
Johansen and Adomah on 15:14 - Jun 22 with 4182 viewsdmm

I feel sure we'll be calling Adomah our super sub not too far into the season.
Johansen and Adomah on 15:49 - Jun 22 with 4027 viewsstantheman10

Assuming Beale is going to use Unc's as a winger he is not going to get as knackered as when playing as a wingback and also be far more useful upfield!
Johansen and Adomah on 09:37 - Jun 23 with 3521 viewsfrancisbowles

Johansen and Adomah on 14:49 - Jun 22 by Antti_Heinola

Well I agree he's very fit and very useful if playing like he can. The five subs is a relevant point which I hadn't thought about.

Just concerned about two years as he seemed to have lost something. If there is a 12 month break clause then that vastly reduces any risk.
Johansen and Adomah on 09:59 - Jun 23 with 3438 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Johansen and Adomah on 09:37 - Jun 23 by francisbowles

Well I agree he's very fit and very useful if playing like he can. The five subs is a relevant point which I hadn't thought about.

Just concerned about two years as he seemed to have lost something. If there is a 12 month break clause then that vastly reduces any risk.

I can’t see Uncle Albert being difficult whatever the contract terms.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Johansen and Adomah on 11:16 - Jun 23 with 3326 viewssimmo

If he stays the captain will be Dickie. Easy choice. Also helps as part of us improving his market value.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024