Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better cross your legs tomorrow 08:17 - Aug 5 with 6357 viewstoboboly

In the Bowles/Ellerslie at least

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/preparing-the-stadium-for-the-new-season-04

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 08:21 - Aug 5 with 3876 viewsNorthernr

It's felt like the club has rather been flying by the seat of its pants since we came back from the pandemic, struggling to upkeep, staff and steward the ground adequately and what not. Now it doesn't even seem to be doing that.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 08:33 - Aug 5 with 3799 viewsconnell10

So fixing up a toilet is now seen as a global challenge....ill retire to Bedlam!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 08:46 - Aug 5 with 3729 viewsCroydonCaptJack

There are unprecedented global supply issues at the moment. I have never known anything like it. At least they have tried to explain it before the game.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 08:50 - Aug 5 with 3713 viewsNorthernr

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 08:46 - Aug 5 by CroydonCaptJack

There are unprecedented global supply issues at the moment. I have never known anything like it. At least they have tried to explain it before the game.

Fair enough... but is there a global supply chain problem in working ticket apps? Is the global supply chain to blame for them taking bottled water off people as they go through the turnstiles v Palace and then when you get inside the refreshment kiosks are closed so you can't buy a new one?
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 09:25 - Aug 5 with 3588 viewswombat

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 08:50 - Aug 5 by Northernr

Fair enough... but is there a global supply chain problem in working ticket apps? Is the global supply chain to blame for them taking bottled water off people as they go through the turnstiles v Palace and then when you get inside the refreshment kiosks are closed so you can't buy a new one?

is this more interferance fro our new american investor ? seems have gone totally pete tong since he arrived thats for sure

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 09:37 - Aug 5 with 3537 viewsrobith

Supply chain issues, yeah I get that.

But this haphazard comms strategy of communicating them? Makes the club look proper fugazi imo

EDIT: The Ashville video makes me feel mildly better about it all
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 9:54]
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 09:52 - Aug 5 with 3462 viewsNortholt_Rs

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 08:50 - Aug 5 by Northernr

FUBAR

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 09:58 - Aug 5 with 3430 viewsSonofpugwash

Portaloos - that's taking the piss now.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 09:59 - Aug 5 with 3425 viewsterryb

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 08:46 - Aug 5 by CroydonCaptJack

To mention my other club again, Chesham United ordered new floodlights during last season.

They are currently stuck on a ship somewhere in the world. How long they will wait outside or on the dock at Felixstowe is anyone's guess. Thankfully the old lights are still in place!
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:01 - Aug 5 with 3414 viewsLythamR

Why are Ashville making a video explaining this and not the club.

Why are an aggregates and plant hire company contracted to sort out toilets and put in rail seatings at a football club.

Sounds like pretty much every subcontractor has let ashville down

There are of course supply chain problems particularly in steel/aluminium and plastics that i am aware of but people are still getting things done.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:06 - Aug 5 with 3396 viewsdaveB

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:01 - Aug 5 by LythamR

Why are Ashville making a video explaining this and not the club.

Why are an aggregates and plant hire company contracted to sort out toilets and put in rail seatings at a football club.

Sounds like pretty much every subcontractor has let ashville down

There are of course supply chain problems particularly in steel/aluminium and plastics that i am aware of but people are still getting things done.

for what it was worth I did think the video was quite good and explained a few of the problems they are facing
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:12 - Aug 5 with 3364 viewsSonofpugwash

The cost of building materials has skyrocketed in the last couple of years and many projects I am aware of have been shelved or scrapped.Add to that the spiralling price of fuel/transportation,I'm surprised any work whatsoever is going on.
I tried to get a shipment of four by twos and T&G cladding and the price has nearly trebled - when you can get the stuff that is(which I can't).

You can however still get these...

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=AtdU72%2fF&id=CE941A475149

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:26 - Aug 5 with 3322 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I get that there are global supply chain issues but we do sound like we're a pub team. God help us if they actually got round to sorting out the water pressure too.....
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:28 - Aug 5 with 3320 viewsLythamR

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:06 - Aug 5 by daveB

for what it was worth I did think the video was quite good and explained a few of the problems they are facing

Indeed, his presentation is excellent for sure but then so is Kay Burley
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:34 - Aug 5 with 3290 viewsDixie_CT

All the issues the club are having don’t seem in keeping with how we’ve have been running under Lee Hoos stewardship. I wonder if there is something else afoot?
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:37 - Aug 5 with 3275 viewsSonofpugwash

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:26 - Aug 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

I get that there are global supply chain issues but we do sound like we're a pub team. God help us if they actually got round to sorting out the water pressure too.....

A graphic representation of where we're currently at ....

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:51 - Aug 5 with 3229 viewsPaddyhoops

Avoid your pre match pints and you’ll be fine!
Can’t wait to see where I’ll be sitting tomorrow. Lower or upper loft?
Who knows!!
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 11:01 - Aug 5 with 3196 viewsMyke

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:34 - Aug 5 by Dixie_CT

All the issues the club are having don’t seem in keeping with how we’ve have been running under Lee Hoos stewardship. I wonder if there is something else afoot?

Goody a nice conspiracy theory. I think I'll expand on that. It's my firm belief that the club don't want any fans to actually attend matches at Loftus Road. They will save a fortune on stewards, ticketing and general upkeep of the stadium (especially the ladies toilets). It also cuts out the rather annoying habit that fans in attendance have of voicing their displeasure if the team is losing or if an individual makes a basic error. Dieng and Dickie have both said how pleasant it was to make their debut's in a nice quiet empty stadium during lockdown ,without any pesky distractions from the fans.
CLUB STATEMENT: "We live in a virtual world and it's time the fans bought into that. For years we have being trying to relocate and build a fancy new stadium for 40,000 fans. The reality is that while we have far in excess of 40,000 fans, they are scattered all over the world and are never all going to attend live matches at the same time. So on a trial basis, several games will be played 'behind closed doors' this season and live streamed instead. SKY have basically being doing this for years anyway, so we are just taking it one step further. We think this will hugely convenience the ordinary fan as they can watch from the comfort of their own home or pub, can shout and scream to their hearts content, without hurting the feelings of our players and no need to worry about hooliganism or crowd trouble, even when we are playing Millwall or Luton. Like everything, it will take a little getting used, but we are confident that fans will soon realise the benefits far outweigh the negatives In fact, we soon expect other clubs to follow our lead, which means we can have 40,000 fans 'attending' all our away games too, without the hassle of train strikes, extortionate hotel prices or cold wet stadiums. END OF CLUB STATEMENT
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 11:19 - Aug 5 with 3130 viewsParkRoyalR

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 08:21 - Aug 5 by Northernr

It's felt like the club has rather been flying by the seat of its pants since we came back from the pandemic, struggling to upkeep, staff and steward the ground adequately and what not. Now it doesn't even seem to be doing that.

Why would you give internal refit works and a seating replacement contract to an aggregates / skip hire company?

Its not their skill-set, hence naively stripping out seats, toilets etc out without having the new equipment in your yard waiting to be installed.

This is comedy level incompetence.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 11:33 - Aug 5 with 3071 viewsNorthernr

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 11:19 - Aug 5 by ParkRoyalR

Why would you give internal refit works and a seating replacement contract to an aggregates / skip hire company?

Its not their skill-set, hence naively stripping out seats, toilets etc out without having the new equipment in your yard waiting to be installed.

This is comedy level incompetence.

Wasn't there a thread earlier this week where L Block said he'd made exactly that mistake refitting a school? A mistake you only make once...
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 11:41 - Aug 5 with 3024 viewsrobith

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 10:34 - Aug 5 by Dixie_CT

I often tell client work can be cheap, good, quick, but you can only have 2 of the 3

cheap and good ain't quick
quick and cheap ain't good
good and quick ain't cheap

sounds like we settled on option one
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 11:43 - Aug 5 with 3017 viewsdaveB

all of this is understandable imo and well these things happen but it does all add to the negativity around the place. I've not been to a game yet but online it feels absolutly toxic at the moment. I fear for us a bit this season
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:01 - Aug 5 with 2957 viewsDixie_CT

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 11:01 - Aug 5 by Myke

Goody a nice conspiracy theory. I think I'll expand on that. It's my firm belief that the club don't want any fans to actually attend matches at Loftus Road. They will save a fortune on stewards, ticketing and general upkeep of the stadium (especially the ladies toilets). It also cuts out the rather annoying habit that fans in attendance have of voicing their displeasure if the team is losing or if an individual makes a basic error. Dieng and Dickie have both said how pleasant it was to make their debut's in a nice quiet empty stadium during lockdown ,without any pesky distractions from the fans.
CLUB STATEMENT: "We live in a virtual world and it's time the fans bought into that. For years we have being trying to relocate and build a fancy new stadium for 40,000 fans. The reality is that while we have far in excess of 40,000 fans, they are scattered all over the world and are never all going to attend live matches at the same time. So on a trial basis, several games will be played 'behind closed doors' this season and live streamed instead. SKY have basically being doing this for years anyway, so we are just taking it one step further. We think this will hugely convenience the ordinary fan as they can watch from the comfort of their own home or pub, can shout and scream to their hearts content, without hurting the feelings of our players and no need to worry about hooliganism or crowd trouble, even when we are playing Millwall or Luton. Like everything, it will take a little getting used, but we are confident that fans will soon realise the benefits far outweigh the negatives In fact, we soon expect other clubs to follow our lead, which means we can have 40,000 fans 'attending' all our away games too, without the hassle of train strikes, extortionate hotel prices or cold wet stadiums. END OF CLUB STATEMENT

No insinuations or conspiracy theories here as not saying it’s a definite, more that is is odd and I wonder if something else going on.

I’m not sure the club or the players don’t want fans to attend because away from the potential financial benefits, the flip side of it being a negative place is the amount of people saying what an asset a full and rocking Loftus Road is, and how difficult it can be to come and play against us there.

Trouble is, that positive atmosphere comes from a feel good factor, entertainment and a sense of success. My worry is that everyone is quite pissed off with the world post COVID, that it will manifest itself at the stadium and onto the pitch in a way of transference. Scapegoating whoever on the pitch maybe someone’s way of letting their anger/unhappiness at the cost of living crisis out.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:07 - Aug 5 with 2941 viewsParkRoyalR

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 11:43 - Aug 5 by daveB

all of this is understandable imo and well these things happen but it does all add to the negativity around the place. I've not been to a game yet but online it feels absolutly toxic at the moment. I fear for us a bit this season

I'm in this game and its really not, its incompetence and naivety and if QPR think that bs video covers this off, they're either fools or taking their customers for fools .

As a minimum you would check a company's capability to do this type of work (x), its in-house supply chain (x) and its ability to fund the works (x), given the amount of deposit payments required for goods etc.

Lets just say the supplier selected does not pass any of these 3 basic tests.

Lets just hope when they upgrade the floodlights they learn from their mistakes and their first task is'nt to throw the old one's into the skip, otherwise we'll be playing in candle-light.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:11 - Aug 5 with 2934 viewsMyke

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:01 - Aug 5 by Dixie_CT

No insinuations or conspiracy theories here as not saying it’s a definite, more that is is odd and I wonder if something else going on.

I’m not sure the club or the players don’t want fans to attend because away from the potential financial benefits, the flip side of it being a negative place is the amount of people saying what an asset a full and rocking Loftus Road is, and how difficult it can be to come and play against us there.

Trouble is, that positive atmosphere comes from a feel good factor, entertainment and a sense of success. My worry is that everyone is quite pissed off with the world post COVID, that it will manifest itself at the stadium and onto the pitch in a way of transference. Scapegoating whoever on the pitch maybe someone’s way of letting their anger/unhappiness at the cost of living crisis out.

Err... I was kidding. It's not an official club statement, honest.
Slow day in the west of Ireland, bit damp. Don't take it seriously
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024