Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brizzle reflections 17:45 - Oct 1 with 8826 viewsdmm

Is this the first time under Beale we've played in the break? I think so and we did it well.

Brizzle were nowhere near as good as I thought they'd be.

JCS was very good and I hope he's not crocked again. Balogun was equally as good.

Ireogbuman showed his inexperience on numerous occasions but is a very good player. I'd put Amos ahead of him though.

Are we a first half team this season?
Brizzle reflections on 18:09 - Oct 1 with 4928 viewstraininvain

We definitely look to start on the front foot but could have easily gone a goal behind early on today. Might be imagining this but think I read somewhere that we’ve not conceded in the first 15 minutes of a game this season.

Now we have players back from injury it should allow us to start fast and make changes in the second half to manage games like we did today.

Bit quiet on here considering we won again and up to 5th!
Brizzle reflections on 18:10 - Oct 1 with 4916 viewsNorthantsHoop

I feel confident if we go ahead that we won't lose. Some great performances all round, again Johansen a stand out for me.
Brizzle reflections on 18:16 - Oct 1 with 4857 viewsManinBlack

Brizzle reflections on 18:09 - Oct 1 by traininvain

We definitely look to start on the front foot but could have easily gone a goal behind early on today. Might be imagining this but think I read somewhere that we’ve not conceded in the first 15 minutes of a game this season.

Now we have players back from injury it should allow us to start fast and make changes in the second half to manage games like we did today.

Bit quiet on here considering we won again and up to 5th!

I won't get carried away by our league position. This league is crackers. Last night Luton win at Hull and went 5th yet they have only one home win to date but somehow we're right up there.

One of the best things Brizzle did was get rid of Lee Johnson. Our record against his City teams was pretty bad but since he has gone we seem to fare much better against them. Great win today but another game where you could have left at half time as we struggle scoring in the second half.
Brizzle reflections on 18:24 - Oct 1 with 4785 viewstraininvain

Brizzle reflections on 18:16 - Oct 1 by ManinBlack

I won't get carried away by our league position. This league is crackers. Last night Luton win at Hull and went 5th yet they have only one home win to date but somehow we're right up there.

One of the best things Brizzle did was get rid of Lee Johnson. Our record against his City teams was pretty bad but since he has gone we seem to fare much better against them. Great win today but another game where you could have left at half time as we struggle scoring in the second half.

It’s very tight but I’ll take 11 games in and 5th. Next two games will be interesting but it’s such a long season and i suspect any promotion challenge will depend upon keeping key players fit which didn’t happen last season.

Beale seems to have the players going all out to kill games in the first half. Can’t be a coincidence as it’s happened too often. But if you go 2/3 up early on there’s usually going to be a reaction from half decent opposition. I actually thought we managed the second half quite comfortably but would’ve liked a third goal to settle the nerves!
Brizzle reflections on 18:37 - Oct 1 with 4682 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought we were terrific first half. I heard a city fan saying on the way out that was the worst he'd seen them this season. I think we made them look poor and they've got some good players. I can't think of any of their starting 11 I wouldn't have at Rangers. It was a creditable win.

Is this the famous new manager bounce we've heard so much about?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 18:41]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Brizzle reflections on 19:08 - Oct 1 with 4446 viewsParkRoyalR

Reflections wise the accuracy of Willock's shooting from outside the box is different level.

Bentley who's a big keeper and good shot stopper just managed to deflect that shot into the inside of the post, otherwise it would have been another Willock precision goal.

If he can keep this level up he is £15m+ allday

As good as Eze was his shooting from distance was not great and his final pass selection around the box again wasn't maybe as good (evidenced when Willock tied up 4 City players today and still had time to roll a perfect pass to Dozell)

Some player!
Brizzle reflections on 19:17 - Oct 1 with 4394 viewsdannyblue

Brizzle reflections on 19:08 - Oct 1 by ParkRoyalR

Reflections wise the accuracy of Willock's shooting from outside the box is different level.

Bentley who's a big keeper and good shot stopper just managed to deflect that shot into the inside of the post, otherwise it would have been another Willock precision goal.

If he can keep this level up he is £15m+ allday

As good as Eze was his shooting from distance was not great and his final pass selection around the box again wasn't maybe as good (evidenced when Willock tied up 4 City players today and still had time to roll a perfect pass to Dozell)

Some player!

Agreed totally. That play including the pass to dozell was extraordinary
Brizzle reflections on 19:23 - Oct 1 with 4345 viewsHarbour

Well done rangers fantastic performance. Starting to build something early days but signs are good. Wasn’t sure about mick to begin with but got to him huge credit clearly a very good manager/tactician.
Login to get fewer ads

Brizzle reflections on 19:48 - Oct 1 with 4210 viewsted_hendrix

After about 10 or so minutes in the first half some of our play, the moving and passing was exceptional we were excellent In the first half but no team on the planet can keep that up for 90 + minutes.
A great win but by tomorrow It will be history, we go again Tuesday and Friday night.
Eleven games gone and we're sitting In the playoffs and by merit too.
October is a very tough Month fixture wise, If there Is a god and you know who he (or she) Is then get praying that we don't suffer too much In the way of Injuries.
Anyway tonight (shruggs shoulders) yea great absolutely great.

Next.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Brizzle reflections on 20:30 - Oct 1 with 3976 viewsBlackCrowe

Whisper it carefully but we might, just, just, be onto something here.

We played ok, sometime very good, but it looks like the team know what the manager wants and who is capable of what and the vision is super-exciting. We're not there yet on execution/consistency of execution and look like work in progress that is getting there slowly but surely each game. Mick B looks a very very exciting appointment and i disagreed with Warbs leaving.

3-0 to the Blades on Tuesday then.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Brizzle reflections on 20:33 - Oct 1 with 3951 viewsBlackCrowe

Ps. Bristol looked like a bottom-third side, utterly absent defence. That surprised me.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Brizzle reflections on 20:38 - Oct 1 with 3913 viewsHAYESBOY

Beale has said after the game that JCS was cramp and Paal just a dead leg.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Brizzle reflections on 20:42 - Oct 1 with 3884 viewsPaddyhoops

Sadly missed this game as we were flying back from the west of Ireland after the funeral of my dear dad . He passed away after his condition took a turn for this worst on Tuesday.
He loved his football but could not understand how his three sons supported QPR in a country dominated by Liverpool and Man Utd fans!
However I’m pretty certain it was the first result he looked out for.
He had a huge funeral and we drank to his memory into the small hours.
Great result today and it didn’t half cheer me up .
Real chance of play offs this season. We have some quality players!
Brizzle reflections on 20:45 - Oct 1 with 3862 viewsdmm

Brizzle reflections on 20:42 - Oct 1 by Paddyhoops

Sadly missed this game as we were flying back from the west of Ireland after the funeral of my dear dad . He passed away after his condition took a turn for this worst on Tuesday.
He loved his football but could not understand how his three sons supported QPR in a country dominated by Liverpool and Man Utd fans!

Mt sincere condolences Paddy.
Brizzle reflections on 20:47 - Oct 1 with 3846 viewsQPRSteve

Sorry to hear about your dad Paddy. Out of interest how did you and your brothers end up as QPR fans?
Brizzle reflections on 20:48 - Oct 1 with 3840 viewslightwaterhoop

My condolences as well.
Brizzle reflections on 20:51 - Oct 1 with 3818 viewsdannyblue

Sorry to hear that. My condolences. RIP.
Brizzle reflections on 20:54 - Oct 1 with 3790 viewspaulparker

Great win today , missed it as at a family gathering
By the highlights we should of won 4-0 , their goal was very soft btw , very poor defending
Very impressed with Beale reminds me of Gerry Francis which is a massive compliment I hope we can keep the pace up with how we play
Btw RIP to your dad Paddy

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brizzle reflections on 20:56 - Oct 1 with 3770 viewsLongsufferingR

Just back - plenty of +ves but how good a performance was that from JCS? Won every header every tackle and one or two unbelievable blocks. Tremendous.

Condolences to Paddy.
Brizzle reflections on 21:01 - Oct 1 with 3739 viewsPunteR

I thought our defence where excellent today. This game could easily have been 3-3 by half time. Some really good tackles and blocks. Jake Clarke-Salter and Leon Balogun were immense. Up there with Clint Hill and Richard Dunne type performance.
We play some really good football . Really good in tight spaces, knocking it around but with purpose , neat little one twos. We just got caught out at times which put us back under pressure. I thought they pressed us quite well.
It was a good game to watch, loads of effort from the players who look to play attacking football and take chances. We just couldnt get that 3rd goal to finish Brizzle off.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brizzle reflections on 21:12 - Oct 1 with 3672 viewsslmrstid

When I'm not at a QPR game these days its extremely unlikely I'll be in a position to follow it whilst the game is taking place with all the other demands life places on you, but nonetheless delighted to see we won today and look forward to seeing the goals in due course.

That's 3 wins on the spin now at Ashton Gate I think? Cracking stuff.
Brizzle reflections on 21:38 - Oct 1 with 3546 viewsnix

Really enjoyed today. There were some lovely passages of play that didn't all end up in a goal, but you can see things starting to click. It was clear some of our players were starting to flag just before their goal, and the one mistake Beale made I think was leaving it five minutes too late to bring on fresh legs.

Excellent atmosphere and brilliant singing from our fans. We completely out-sung the home fans. It was great to see so many young people there and deffo the right decision to hold some tickets back for those with fewer points. You could tell the players really appreciated the noise. Most of all Ethan Laird, who was urging us to make more noise towards the end. He's revelling in our support.
Brizzle reflections on 21:49 - Oct 1 with 3488 viewsHarbour

Condolences paddy to you and your family may your dad RIP.
Brizzle reflections on 21:59 - Oct 1 with 3429 viewsPaddyhoops

Brizzle reflections on 20:47 - Oct 1 by QPRSteve

Sorry to hear about your dad Paddy. Out of interest how did you and your brothers end up as QPR fans?

My brother and are I both in or late 50s now so it was the 74 team and the Irish connection of Din Givens that did for us . Couldn’t believe our luck when we nearly won the league a couple of years later. I emigrated here in 87 and although I always got a few games in a season , I didn’t become a regular until our star started to wain in the late nineties.
Ironically I was born a stones throw from Fullers brewery so I suppose it was fate I would become a QPR fan.
Brizzle reflections on 22:08 - Oct 1 with 3384 viewsQPRSteve

Brizzle reflections on 21:59 - Oct 1 by Paddyhoops

My brother and are I both in or late 50s now so it was the 74 team and the Irish connection of Din Givens that did for us . Couldn’t believe our luck when we nearly won the league a couple of years later. I emigrated here in 87 and although I always got a few games in a season , I didn’t become a regular until our star started to wain in the late nineties.
Ironically I was born a stones throw from Fullers brewery so I suppose it was fate I would become a QPR fan.

Failed glory hunter then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024