Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You should have stayed at the Rangers 15:50 - Nov 15 with 4374 viewsenfieldargh

Ryan Nelson

Was doing wonders for us in defence before leaving to manage Toronto halfway through the season.

That went well Ryan!!!!

On 8 January 2013 Nelsen accepted an offer to become head coach of Major League Soccer side Toronto FC. He started on 1 February in time for Toronto's pre-season. Nelsen won his first game as a head coach in the home opener against Sporting Kansas City in a 2—1 victory on 9 March, with both goals coming from newly acquired striker Robert Earnshaw. He was sacked, along with his assistants, on 31 August 2014 after winning three out of his last 13 matches

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 16:12 - Nov 15 with 3310 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well I'm glad you've got over it.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 16:21 - Nov 15 with 3283 viewsAntti_Heinola

Controversial opinion: Ryan Nelsen was not much cop for us, but with the rest of the team being virtually useless, his stock amongst QPR fans has the highest ratio of love to actual performances than any player in our entire history. See also Dunne, Richard, who was dreadful for the entire second half of the promotion season, but played well in the final, and so everything else is forgotten.

Bare bones.

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 16:22 - Nov 15 with 3276 viewsRs_Holy

Lee Cook... looked a world beater in the 06-07 season... went to fulham, played zero games in 2 years... then after another 4 seasons at QPR he disappeared down the leagues, finally finishing his career at Eastleigh. Great memories of Lee playing for the R's... never quite replicated that form anywhere else.
You should have stayed at the Rangers on 16:36 - Nov 15 with 3241 viewsflynnbo

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 16:22 - Nov 15 by Rs_Holy

Lee Cook... looked a world beater in the 06-07 season... went to fulham, played zero games in 2 years... then after another 4 seasons at QPR he disappeared down the leagues, finally finishing his career at Eastleigh. Great memories of Lee playing for the R's... never quite replicated that form anywhere else.

Zesh Rehman might have had something to do with that.
You should have stayed at the Rangers on 16:55 - Nov 15 with 3190 viewsterryb

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 16:21 - Nov 15 by Antti_Heinola

Controversial opinion: Ryan Nelsen was not much cop for us, but with the rest of the team being virtually useless, his stock amongst QPR fans has the highest ratio of love to actual performances than any player in our entire history. See also Dunne, Richard, who was dreadful for the entire second half of the promotion season, but played well in the final, and so everything else is forgotten.

We often agree Antti, but not on this one!

IMO, Ryan Nelsen was immense for us. Just as he was for Blackburn, where he had to cover for the missing in action Samba & all of his mistakes. Plus carrying New Zealand to playing in the World Cup finals & not losing.

Others will disagree, but I think he is by far the best defender to play for Queens Park Rangers in this century.
You should have stayed at the Rangers on 17:27 - Nov 15 with 3096 viewsJuzzie

Same with Zamora. Gash for nigh on four years, trousered some £9m I beleive, I think each of his four PL goals in 12/13 (21 PL appearances) came in losing matches so had no effect whatsoever (though tbf that was probably more down to the defence) on the results yet came good in the last few games of 2014 including that goal.
As he contract was about to expire QPR could not do anything other than give him a 1 year contract. Scored just 3 goals in 33 PL games so that was money well spent.

But yeah, what a fking beauty at Wembley!
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 17:28]
You should have stayed at the Rangers on 18:04 - Nov 15 with 2991 viewsHooping_Mad

Thought Nelson was solid, then he left us and we were awful. Richard Dunne though? I can not understand how anyone can forget just how good he was. Left when most wanted or thought he could go another year, but then you don't tend to argue with Richard Dunne.

Richard Dunne once climbed Mt Everest by accident while out on a morning jog.
Richard Dunne can make onions cry.
Richard Dunne was once bitten by a Cobra, after 5 days of excruciating pain the snake died.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 18:34 - Nov 15 with 2912 viewsWestbourneR

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 16:55 - Nov 15 by terryb

We often agree Antti, but not on this one!

IMO, Ryan Nelsen was immense for us. Just as he was for Blackburn, where he had to cover for the missing in action Samba & all of his mistakes. Plus carrying New Zealand to playing in the World Cup finals & not losing.

Others will disagree, but I think he is by far the best defender to play for Queens Park Rangers in this century.

Agree.

Absolutely exceptional player. No one could read the game like Ryan Nelson.

No hyperbole.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 18:37 - Nov 15 with 2906 viewsEsox_Lucius

Kyle Walker by a distance IMO.

The grass is always greener.

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 19:07 - Nov 15 with 2830 viewsEastR

Very harsh and wholly inaccurate about Dunne.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 19:09 - Nov 15 with 2826 viewsloftboy

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 18:37 - Nov 15 by Esox_Lucius

Kyle Walker by a distance IMO.

Clint Hill up there as well.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 19:24 - Nov 15 with 2791 viewsaston_hoop

I do also recall Dunne being poor for months in the lead up to the playoff final, didn't think I was misremembering that.

I wonder if Dean Parrett or Liam O'Brien regret it. Maybe even Josh Bowler who'd probably be close to 100 games further down the line in his career than those few years he spent with Everton's kids.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 19:49 - Nov 15 with 2742 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don’t recall how Dunne played really, but that OG at home to Villa was a killer.
You should have stayed at the Rangers on 19:59 - Nov 15 with 2716 viewsNoelmc

Paul Parker may have won 2 League titles, an FA Cup & League Cup at Man U but played in a World Cup Semi-Final (bagging an assist) when with us, so obviously should have stayed at the Rangers.

He also would have avoided the embarassment of the 4-1 Old Trafford defeat, and the R's support that night constantly reminding him of it.
You should have stayed at the Rangers on 20:13 - Nov 15 with 2676 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sterling.

And on a more serious note, Alex Smithies.
You should have stayed at the Rangers on 21:20 - Nov 15 with 2539 viewsstainrods_elbow

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 19:07 - Nov 15 by EastR

Very harsh and wholly inaccurate about Dunne.

Just on a semantic point, can something/someoene be both (very) 'harsh' and (wholly) 'inaccurate'?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 21:39 - Nov 15 with 2505 viewsRangersDave

Lee Cook will always be a Ranger in my eyes, and always be a wonderful bloke for what he did for us. (those that know , know).

One saturday up at Barnsley, me and my old dad were placing a bet on Rangers, at the old wooden shed in the away end, we filled in the ticket.... first scorer, etc etc, and this bloke looks over my shoulder and tells me not to bet on Cooke, why says i, to him. He replies, 'because ive done my leg in and am not playing'.

he stayed for a quick chat and pics. Top guy!

The manager at the time was good with the fans too, posing for pics etc..... italian chap, forget his name.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 21:39 - Nov 15 with 2504 viewsSydneyRs

Well if you want to look at one game erasing everything else look no further than Bobby Zamora who spent a lot of his time with us injured or only able to pay 45 mins.
You should have stayed at the Rangers on 23:04 - Nov 15 with 2384 viewsJigsore

Bizarre post

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 00:35 - Nov 16 with 2319 viewsHAYESBOY

Didn't Nelson make the decision to leave because basically his knee(s) were shot?

Smells like a trout farm in here

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 00:56 - Nov 16 with 2308 viewsBoston

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 00:35 - Nov 16 by HAYESBOY

Didn't Nelson make the decision to leave because basically his knee(s) were shot?

Yes

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 01:04 - Nov 16 with 2308 viewsjohncharles

If we’re talking about older players, past their best etc. but making up for their lack of pace by using all their experience to read the game I gave the best of the lot ……Frank McLintock.

Strong and stable my arse.

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 02:39 - Nov 16 with 2257 viewsnumptydumpty

Luke Freeman, Alex Smithies, got little game time after leaving ourselves.

Daniel Dichio - was potentially very good with Kevin Gallen but did not hit heights expected after leaving us.

I think personally if Darnell Furlong had stayed with us, he could have been a much more important player with us than he was.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 06:27 - Nov 16 with 2182 viewsSydneyRs

You should have stayed at the Rangers on 00:35 - Nov 16 by HAYESBOY

I thought that was Harry Redknapp?
You should have stayed at the Rangers on 09:54 - Nov 16 with 2035 viewsgazza1

I presume the OP was talking Ryan Nelson.

Nelson done a decent job for us during the short time he was here.....it surprised me how well he did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024