Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) 19:20 - May 14 with 3569 viewsSimplyNico

I did a skydive from 15000 feet yesterday. It is the single most exhilarating thing I have ever done. Any suggestions for something else like that as a follow-up?
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 19:39 - May 14 with 2939 viewsBoston

Try using a parachute.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 20:42 - May 14 with 2869 viewsR_from_afar

Not one of mine but a friend - also a QPR fan - once walked 15 miles home after a Christmas night out, all the way from Central Birmingham to Redditch .

Legend!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 20:54 - May 14 with 2838 viewswesty

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 20:42 - May 14 by R_from_afar

Not one of mine but a friend - also a QPR fan - once walked 15 miles home after a Christmas night out, all the way from Central Birmingham to Redditch .

Legend!

Done the Pamplona Bull run when I was fit and able to run 100m sharpish. Also La Tomatina which is basically just a massive tear up with over ripe tomatoes.
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 20:56 - May 14 with 2834 viewsStreathamRanger

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 20:42 - May 14 by R_from_afar

Legend!

On a similar note, I once fell asleep on the Paris Metro on my way home after an all nighter. I went past my stop, round the end of the line, back past my stop and woke up a good 15 stops past my station. Got train back in the right direction, fell asleep again, round the end of the line and this time woke up even further from my station. Finally got home about 5 hours after getting on the metro. Counted the stops and it was around 120, when the original journey was only about 5 stops.

In less drunken times, I once did a tandem hang glide from a mountain in Rio, over the favelas and down onto the beach. That was pretty incredible.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 21:00]
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 21:58 - May 14 with 2749 viewsDorse

Crocodile Booping: simply 'boop' a 15ft Nile Crocodile on the nose and run away.

4 x100m dynamite relay.

Changing Glooms: change a light bulb whilst drunk, standing on a wheelie office chair.

Rush Home Roulette: have 8 pints of Guinness and a Chicken Phaal before walking home before the inevitable gastrointestinal meltdown and / or full rectal prolapse hits.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 01:54 - May 17 with 2301 viewsBoston

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 20:56 - May 14 by StreathamRanger

On a similar note, I once fell asleep on the Paris Metro on my way home after an all nighter. I went past my stop, round the end of the line, back past my stop and woke up a good 15 stops past my station. Got train back in the right direction, fell asleep again, round the end of the line and this time woke up even further from my station. Finally got home about 5 hours after getting on the metro. Counted the stops and it was around 120, when the original journey was only about 5 stops.

In less drunken times, I once did a tandem hang glide from a mountain in Rio, over the favelas and down onto the beach. That was pretty incredible.

Up vote for the train trip. Rivals my Welsh mate who took a trip up and down from Baker St to Uxbridge, three times.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 02:01 - May 17 with 2302 viewsSydneyRs

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 01:54 - May 17 by Boston

Up vote for the train trip. Rivals my Welsh mate who took a trip up and down from Baker St to Uxbridge, three times.

Slightly less interesting location but regularly used to end up at West Ruislip after falling asleep on the last train home after nights drinking in the city.

One time I did the usual fumble for coins and phone for a cab routine but had to wait behind another guy who was doing the same. After he finished I then called one to the same station I heard him say.

As we both walked outside to wait for our cabs I looked up at the station sign and realised we both had sent the cabs to the wrong station. Pre mobile phone days and neither of us had any coins left to make another call. A long drunken walk along the A40 ensued. Of course it was pissing down too.
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 05:38 - May 17 with 2268 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 20:56 - May 14 by StreathamRanger

Good work Streatham. On a similar theme I went out after work in the City with a mate back in the early 90s, got hammered obviously, made our way back to Waterloo to discover we'd missed the last train back to Guildford. Jumped on the first one to Woking figuring we'd jump a taxi from there, inevitably fell asleep and ended up in fukcing Exeter. Plot twist: moved to Streatham about a year later.
Login to get fewer ads

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 07:37 - May 17 with 2214 viewsdistortR

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 05:38 - May 17 by Silverfoxqpr

Good work Streatham. On a similar theme I went out after work in the City with a mate back in the early 90s, got hammered obviously, made our way back to Waterloo to discover we'd missed the last train back to Guildford. Jumped on the first one to Woking figuring we'd jump a taxi from there, inevitably fell asleep and ended up in fukcing Exeter. Plot twist: moved to Streatham about a year later.

Ok, shit days on trains.
followed QPR on a pre-season tour of Sweden. Set up in a camp site, jumped on the train and went out with a couple of lads for a night out. Got split up, chased by skinheads, invited to buy some time with someone's 'sister', met a biker with a gun and the will to 'stamp on their faces'. As you do.
Anyway, daybreak, and I really, really, really want to get back to Brian Mc and the others. Only, only......I didn't drive, no mobiles, I'd jumped on the train, as I always did at home...........without checking the name of the f'cking station. The campsite was three quarters of an hour Northish of Stockholm, I'm skint, so started jumping trains, heading north, if I got an hour without recognising anything, heading back and trying a new line. Got back to the camp site early evening.
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 08:28 - May 17 with 2180 viewsWokingR

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 07:37 - May 17 by distortR

Ok, shit days on trains.
followed QPR on a pre-season tour of Sweden. Set up in a camp site, jumped on the train and went out with a couple of lads for a night out. Got split up, chased by skinheads, invited to buy some time with someone's 'sister', met a biker with a gun and the will to 'stamp on their faces'. As you do.
Anyway, daybreak, and I really, really, really want to get back to Brian Mc and the others. Only, only......I didn't drive, no mobiles, I'd jumped on the train, as I always did at home...........without checking the name of the f'cking station. The campsite was three quarters of an hour Northish of Stockholm, I'm skint, so started jumping trains, heading north, if I got an hour without recognising anything, heading back and trying a new line. Got back to the camp site early evening.

Yet another sad tale of an innocent young lad led astray by that wrongun McCarthy.
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 08:35 - May 17 with 2165 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 08:28 - May 17 by WokingR

Yet another sad tale of an innocent young lad led astray by that wrongun McCarthy.

Oi! (searches frantically for his lawyer's number...)

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 09:24 - May 17 with 2125 viewsDWQPR

Not looking that mental but very enjoyable and enlightening. With my son last year we climbed the rigging of Cutty Sark. Got to the first platform and then had a bosons chair zip line back down. Could have paid more to climb further and then walk along the yardarm but no thanks. All this done whilst the ship stands totally motionless, and with a harness to ensure that we were safe. Go back to the time when this ship sailed across the world, with crew climbing the same rigging in pitching seas, in all weathers with nothing to stop you falling. And climbing far higher than we achieved. Total respect.
[Post edited 17 May 2023 14:07]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 10:08 - May 17 with 2100 viewsTonto

apply for jobs far away from London...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 10:48 - May 17 with 2062 viewsCateLeBonR

The Chilterns Challenge 100km walk. A continuous walk in the Chiltern hills (except for rest stops) over about 30 hours. Never again…
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 11:02 - May 17 with 2037 viewsSonofpugwash

I rattled teeth with Dot Cotton once at a car show in Bromley - without an anaesthetic.
Beat that.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 11:14 - May 17 with 2014 viewsWokingR

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 11:02 - May 17 by Sonofpugwash

I rattled teeth with Dot Cotton once at a car show in Bromley - without an anaesthetic.
Beat that.

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 11:45 - May 17 with 1988 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Stopped the flooding car in zero visibility on the Freeway in Jo'berg.

I then wound down the window to put my head out in a hailstorm (middle of summer, ice half the size of my fist) to let the driver know what was going on as the windows had steamed up inside due to the flooding as after a few years in storage the water vents by the bonnet of the 80's VW golf were blocked with old leaves!

Turns out everyone else had stopped it was so bad.
Not the best thing to do in that particular city. We then made a phone call and it turns out we were about to head into the part of town you don't go toboot, so we did a long detour around the city after it cleared.

The car stank for days after.
[Post edited 17 May 2023 11:45]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 12:30 - May 17 with 1958 viewsJuzzie

Getting married
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 13:25 - May 17 with 1920 viewshantssi

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 09:24 - May 17 by DWQPR

Not looking that mental but very enjoyable and enlightening. With my son last year we climbed the rigging of Cutty Sark. Got to the first platform and then had a bosons chair zip line back down. Could have paid more to climb further and then walk along the yardarm but no thanks. All this done whilst the ship stands totally motionless, and with a harness to ensure that we were safe. Go back to the time when this ship sailed across the world, with crew climbing the same rigging in pitching seas, in all weathers with nothing to stop you falling. And climbing far higher than we achieved. Total respect.
[Post edited 17 May 2023 14:07]

Is that like the Cutty Sark?!
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 13:30 - May 17 with 1904 viewshantssi

If you’re in the Lake District do the Honister Via Ferrata, very safe but with a feeling of real danger!
Don’t know how to put a You Tube link here but it’s worth a look!
[Post edited 17 May 2023 13:36]
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 13:59 - May 17 with 1860 viewsstowmarketrange

Back in the late 70’s I worked in Victoria and used to travel by train from Barnes or Putney.I got the 4.45am train to work one morning and then went to the pub after work.I caught the last train home and woke up in darkness at Staines.Then I thought I might as well go straight back to work again,then back in the pub again until the last train home.Next thing I know is that I’m at Twickenham station in darkness.I went back home on the 1st out in the morning and went straight to bed for a few hours.I had trapped a nerve in my arm after sleeping in the same position on the trains for 2 nights.
I finally got home 48 hours after leaving in exactly the same work clothes that I’d left in.
Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 14:18 - May 17 with 1841 viewsR_from_afar

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 13:30 - May 17 by hantssi

If you’re in the Lake District do the Honister Via Ferrata, very safe but with a feeling of real danger!
Don’t know how to put a You Tube link here but it’s worth a look!
[Post edited 17 May 2023 13:36]

That reminds me of a walking trip in the Austrian Alps my Austrian friend persuaded me to go on. I should've smelled a rat when he said his brother and his brother's best mate were going too because they have climbed Mont Blanc (1am start using head torches ) as well as another guy who had climbed the Groessglockner (Austria's highest mountain, not that high but with a terrifying arete between it and the Kleinglockner that is sheer on both sides, such that on some organised trips, group leaders have less experienced hikers rope up and walk across blindfolded - it's better not to see the horrifying drops on either side of you).

So, the first day up to the hut was just normal walking, long and quite steep but nothing death defying. All that changed when we left the hut next day and they broke out the climbing ropes and ice axes . Soon, we were roped up in a team of six and edging along a snow covered ledge about a foot wide, clipped to the via ferrata. The route was, however, u shaped and the ledge was easy compared to the bits where we had to go straight down and then straight up. There were natural handholds and footholds but the via ferrata was not as reassuring for those sections. When I saw what we were going to do, I nearly fainted but held it together and actually felt reasonably confident.

The big issue for me was the bloke next to me in the roped up team; when I had negotiated a section, I had to wait for him and he was nearly twice my weight. If he fell... Ugh.

Still, we made it and it was an amazing experience sitting on top of a 3000m plus peak but I only ever did it once more. Too terrifying for me!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 19:32 - May 17 with 1688 viewsMick_S

Christmas work thing in Berkhamsted. There used to be a one stop shuttle between Chesham and Amersham. Back and forth, all day. I was on there for a very long time.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 21:01 - May 17 with 1637 viewsdolcelatte

A few years ago I cycled the Paris Roubaix sportive (went over the handlebars twice on the cobbles). At the end, got in my car, still in my kit and drove to Paris. Got up early and ran the Paris Marathon. 4 months after being in hospital with sepsis.

Not repeating that again...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Mental things you have done (apart from supporting QPR this season ) on 21:26 - May 17 with 1616 viewsQPRSteve

Going out for a pint with qprxtc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024