Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long do we give Ainsworth? 12:36 - Aug 9 with 4162 viewsQPRConor2000

Interested to know how long you would give Ainsworth to turn things around, I think after losing 5-0 at Oxford United and then 4-0 a week later against Watford, my patience is wearing thin indeed.

I think he will be gone by the September international break unless things turn around, I think even a hammering by Cardiff on Saturday might seal his fate.

Hes lost a lot of the fans already, so it wont be long until he goes unless he gets a grip very quickly.
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 12:43 - Aug 9 with 3647 viewsCamberleyR

I think if we're on fewer than five points after the Middlesbrough away game on the 2nd which would likely mean being bottom of the table, then he's toast.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 12:47 - Aug 9 with 3616 viewsRs_Holy

shouldn't this be discussed on this thread??? The argument for me is if yes then who do you get in next...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/300166/is-there-a
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 12:49]
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 12:50 - Aug 9 with 3595 viewsQPRConor2000

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 12:47 - Aug 9 by Rs_Holy

shouldn't this be discussed on this thread??? The argument for me is if yes then who do you get in next...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/300166/is-there-a
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 12:49]

I think this is a separate discussion to that about how long we give him.
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 12:50 - Aug 9 with 3592 viewsTheChef

While I'm bored with all the Ainsworth out threads after one game of the season, I'll humour you on this one.

You would still hope for further recruitment this month before the transfer window SLAMS SHUT, so from 1st September that is the squad that Ainsworth has to work with till January. Judge him on that.

If we're bottom three by end of November and losing touch with the teams above, then fine, sack him. I just look forward to whichever magic man manager succeeds him and transforms our squad overnight.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 12:53 - Aug 9 with 3566 viewsRs_Holy

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 12:50 - Aug 9 by QPRConor2000

yeah but surely the 'when does he go question' is pointless if there is Jack Sh*t available to replace him.... I'm drifting back into the other thread now by asking you Who is next for the chopping block... er I mean managers job?
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 12:56 - Aug 9 with 3526 viewsSydneyRs

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 12:50 - Aug 9 by QPRConor2000

How long we give him is directly related to whether there is a realistic and better alternative that would want to come here. And I'm not convinced there is.
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 13:00 - Aug 9 with 3503 viewsBklynRanger

Stating the obvious but it depends how bad it is.

If it's truly awful, up to and including the Blackburn game, then I'd end it there. Use the following two weeks off, and if necessary Huddersfield away, to get someone in.

We'd then have West Brom away and Leicester at home for the new messiah to get his teeth into.

For some reason I don't think it will be quite as clear cut as that though and the decision will be harder.
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 13:05 - Aug 9 with 3472 viewsRs_Holy

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 13:00 - Aug 9 by BklynRanger

If it's truly awful, up to and including the Blackburn game, then I'd end it there. Use the following two weeks off, and if necessary Huddersfield away, to get someone in.

We'd then have West Brom away and Leicester at home for the new messiah to get his teeth into.

For some reason I don't think it will be quite as clear cut as that though and the decision will be harder.

Probably already mentioned but I believe GA still has about 3 years left on his contract ... I don't suppose he would walk away without compensation ... maybe its time for the bucket collections again???
Login to get fewer ads

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 13:05 - Aug 9 with 3465 viewsOakR

I'd say it depends. Generally 10 games as a minimum I would have thought.

However if we keep getting hammered it could be sooner.

There will be some sympathy with having no centre backs fit or ready for the team last week, so I think he will get time for Dunne / JCS / Colback to bein the team andn fit, as well as having time to train together, whihch would be fair.

He probably also needs to show some changes tactically if he is to be given time.

Poll: Will we stay up?

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 13:09 - Aug 9 with 3440 viewsBklynRanger

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 13:05 - Aug 9 by Rs_Holy

Probably already mentioned but I believe GA still has about 3 years left on his contract ... I don't suppose he would walk away without compensation ... maybe its time for the bucket collections again???

I know mate, that's why I think it would have to be truly awful. Anything short of that and I can't see how we'd be able to afford to sack him.

We'd probably end up in a position where we had to use part of the fee from selling one of our players to cover the cost of sacking the manager. Fantastic.
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 13:11 - Aug 9 with 3420 viewsdaveB

I'm done and think he should go now but think the club will give him until November
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 13:14 - Aug 9 with 3388 viewsPhilmyRs

I'd have shaken hands at the end of the season but as it didn't happen I'm now torn. I think he's the wrong fit but you can't not have sympathy for the Team he had to start with on the weekend. Smyth, Fox, and the goalkeeper were our only new arrivals - not one of them had gone through a decent pre-season. We've lost Laird, Roberts, Steff and Dickie, plus Senny. We're effectively a lot weaker than we were last season where we finished so poorly. If Saturday's team had included some of the new signings that we'll definitely be getting in the next week or so and we'd been so poor I'd have really lost my sh*t but I do have sympathy because that's not the team he'll want out on the pitch.

Although I think he deserves time to bring in his players and then try and make a go of things, the rub is we'll then be lumbered with the type of players GA wants which I don't think suit our model or bring out the best in the small bit of talent (Chair) that we have left.

The tactical set-up of the team feels all wrong and only deciding to make changes after we're 4-0 down when we're getting cut open for fun, makes me question whether he deserves the time to bring in his type of players but on balance, given the positivity of the man, how he believes wholeheartedly that he's the right guy to address the problems, and because of how much he loves the club, I'd give him until after Sunderland at home. Signs of improvement and I'd keep him, ongoing rubbish and I'd call it a day at that point.
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 13:17 - Aug 9 with 3341 viewsPunteR

One more game.
When does the transfer window shut?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 14:21 - Aug 9 with 3164 viewscaptainmycaptian

But surely you must judge him on the change from when he came in last season ? There seems to have been no improvement at all. This is my problem same style same type of performances same basics not done correctly. I for one would be glad to eat my words. GA is a rangers man through and through but to ship 4 goals 1st half after losing 5 nil to Oxford and seeing no improvement in the organisation of the defence then yes questions need to be asked and answered. He should have a list f players that he could have got in cheap and quick. He also should see that his style of football does not cut it I'm the championship it needs adjustment. For one quick direct play can work when done well. We are not doing that we are slow hoof ball . He needs to adjust the style like all decent managers he has not changed the way we line up and play since last season. We are not Wycombe .....
Yet
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 14:40 - Aug 9 with 3071 viewsvanrrrr

doubt we can afford the pay off this season so are stuck with him.
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 14:42 - Aug 9 with 3055 viewsNorthantsHoop

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 14:21 - Aug 9 by captainmycaptian

But surely you must judge him on the change from when he came in last season ? There seems to have been no improvement at all. This is my problem same style same type of performances same basics not done correctly. I for one would be glad to eat my words. GA is a rangers man through and through but to ship 4 goals 1st half after losing 5 nil to Oxford and seeing no improvement in the organisation of the defence then yes questions need to be asked and answered. He should have a list f players that he could have got in cheap and quick. He also should see that his style of football does not cut it I'm the championship it needs adjustment. For one quick direct play can work when done well. We are not doing that we are slow hoof ball . He needs to adjust the style like all decent managers he has not changed the way we line up and play since last season. We are not Wycombe .....
Yet

If we get beaten easily at Cardiff and lose to Norwich and Ipswich at home and then Southampton he is going to find it difficult to hold onto his job. In some ways it is the manner of the defeats rather than the defeats themselves that would do for him this early in the season. The shambles at Watford was not acceptable but let's face it watching all of his games at home since his appointment can't say I hold out much hope of an improvement. Probably the Ipswich game is the key one for his survival in the short term, if we lose and get totally outplayed he may well be a goner. My main concern with Ainsworth is trying to get our so called better players performing can he relate to their skills and ability, shoving Chair and Willock out wide again set ups all wrong.
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 14:45 - Aug 9 with 3035 viewsChrisNW6

Hopefully 3yrs and then an extension.
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 14:46 - Aug 9 with 3032 viewsR_from_afar

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 13:00 - Aug 9 by BklynRanger

Yeah, someone else also mentioned after the Blackburn game, that is a good plan in my humble opinion. We'll be 11 games in, so, nearly a quarter of the season, including 5 home games, and there is a handy two week break after that game.

The club could even use Robith's Relegation Index (TM) to help inform the decision. I'd want us to be above the dreaded line after that Blackburn game.

Something I feel very strongly about is the message firing a manager after just one game of the season, or a handful of games, gives. It screams: "We're a basket case". OK, so that's probably fair comment at the moment, but if a football club - or any business - gives the impression to the outside world that it will make drastic decisions after very short periods of time, it will make potential employees very wary of joining. It will frighten people off, attract the wrong sort and force us to offer overly generous contracts to those who do dare to come. It will also create a climate of fear in which players and coaches will be very cautious and negative, just to avoid the club's ire and the inevitable swing of the axe.

We need to take this into account in my view.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 14:48 - Aug 9 with 3018 viewsRangersw12

I would sack him now before he wastes the little budget we have on over the hill cloggers
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 15:17 - Aug 9 with 2934 viewsJuzzie

We? Do we have a say in the matter then?
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 18:00 - Aug 9 with 2658 viewsQPROslo

I'd have sacked him Sunday or moved him aside if we can't afford to pay him off. Normally I'm the last one to want to sack any Manager, it doesn't seem to help us, Last one was Hughes but then he never should have got the job. But the team and tactics GA deployed Saturday were unforgivable and come on top of some terrible showings end of last season. I had hoped having kept us up he'd try to get us playing some football this season but there looks to be no chance of that. He needs to go Now, so his successor can use the window as he wants/can. I made it clear on the other thread I'd have Warburton back, but if we really can't fire GA or hire a new man externally do to FFP I'd go with Ramsey until we can.
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 18:04 - Aug 9 with 2647 viewscaptainmycaptian

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 18:00 - Aug 9 by QPROslo

I'd have sacked him Sunday or moved him aside if we can't afford to pay him off. Normally I'm the last one to want to sack any Manager, it doesn't seem to help us, Last one was Hughes but then he never should have got the job. But the team and tactics GA deployed Saturday were unforgivable and come on top of some terrible showings end of last season. I had hoped having kept us up he'd try to get us playing some football this season but there looks to be no chance of that. He needs to go Now, so his successor can use the window as he wants/can. I made it clear on the other thread I'd have Warburton back, but if we really can't fire GA or hire a new man externally do to FFP I'd go with Ramsey until we can.

Other than Ramsey, I agree
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 18:06 - Aug 9 with 2637 viewsytt28

How long did we give to previous managers in recent years, all of whom including two former national team managers had money to spend?

Today we have a club perilously close to the S&P (FFP) red line, no money to spend and no one of note coming through the development system. We have a manager who has worked with no money before and successfully for a number of years. Is it his fault the club is in this state. Do we judge him now or should we wait until he has at least a reasonable number of games once the transfer window has closed and then judge him?
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 18:14 - Aug 9 with 2589 viewsessextaxiboy

Said on another thread , less than 12 points by the Blackburn home game means pro -rata we are going down . If we are going to roll the dice again IMO it should be then
I really want him to get it right though
How long do we give Ainsworth? on 20:23 - Aug 9 with 2416 viewsTeddRanger

How long do we give Ainsworth? on 18:06 - Aug 9 by ytt28

How long did we give to previous managers in recent years, all of whom including two former national team managers had money to spend?

Today we have a club perilously close to the S&P (FFP) red line, no money to spend and no one of note coming through the development system. We have a manager who has worked with no money before and successfully for a number of years. Is it his fault the club is in this state. Do we judge him now or should we wait until he has at least a reasonable number of games once the transfer window has closed and then judge him?

The voice of sanity.

Shame that we have a basket case of a club where the pitch fork mob are out and about.

How about seeing what we’re like with Colback, Cook etc in the team?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024