Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Deal for Armstrong? 14:34 - Oct 5 with 5196 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sub-Standard also reporting this. Wonder if there's anything to it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Deal for Armstrong? on 14:42 - Oct 5 with 3990 viewsLandshark

The jury is still out for me. Maybe if the club are willing to give him a 4 year deal they see something that I don't. I mean, you would hope they know more than me.
New Deal for Armstrong? on 14:44 - Oct 5 with 3986 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Deal for Armstrong? on 14:42 - Oct 5 by Landshark

The jury is still out for me. Maybe if the club are willing to give him a 4 year deal they see something that I don't. I mean, you would hope they know more than me.

He's not there yet, by a long way, but I think the potential is pretty obvious.

Bare bones.

New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:11 - Oct 5 with 3842 viewsTheChef

New Deal for Armstrong? on 14:44 - Oct 5 by Antti_Heinola

More potential than Travelman.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:20 - Oct 5 with 3790 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:11 - Oct 5 by TheChef

More potential than Travelman.

He's interesting isn't he? Did you see the stuff Clive wrote about how when every new manager came in they'd see him in training and think 'why the hell isn't he playing in the first team?' then they'd put him in and see why. Very odd. He must've had *something*.

Bare bones.

New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:23 - Oct 5 with 3773 viewsngbqpr

New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:20 - Oct 5 by Antti_Heinola

He's interesting isn't he? Did you see the stuff Clive wrote about how when every new manager came in they'd see him in training and think 'why the hell isn't he playing in the first team?' then they'd put him in and see why. Very odd. He must've had *something*.

The something?

Imagine Alan Hansen, slouched back in his old MotD seat, saying "pace, power. No one likes defending against that."

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:23 - Oct 5 with 3773 viewsLandshark

New Deal for Armstrong? on 14:44 - Oct 5 by Antti_Heinola

In an ideal world he would be out on loan to a league one or two team where he can try and score goals to gain confidence. That ideal world would have been us buying a Championship striker which was never going to happen and now we're playing a striker slightly out of his depth. It would also help him if we was playing in a team creating lots of chances, unfortunately that's not us.

He seems a great person and I would be delighted for him if he gets this 4 year contract. He just really needs to kick on ASAP if he wants to stay at this level or higher.
New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:35 - Oct 5 with 3711 viewsturnsey

New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:23 - Oct 5 by ngbqpr

The something?

Imagine Alan Hansen, slouched back in his old MotD seat, saying "pace, power. No one likes defending against that."

I think Antti meant Travelman rather than Sinclair, as in what exactly Travelman had going for him that encouraged so many managers to give him a chance that we never saw in games. He's been picked up by Finnish champions HJK, I noticed, and is now playing in Europe. Bizarre.
New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:36 - Oct 5 with 3703 viewsTonto

it feels like a good time to give him a new contract - hes got a full cap, hes scored a gol for us. But it does depend on the terms. hes not the finished article yet and should not be paid as such. but if we leave it, there is a chance he runs his existing contract down and we lose a sellable asset.

the significant pay hike is probably misleading. i doubt he is on much now, so doubling his pay probably wouldn't be much in the future either.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:41 - Oct 5 with 3678 viewsPaddyhoops

We have a four year contract to Richards. So this a four yearer that might work out.
Hopefully he’ll find his feet soon or in leauge one next year. ( just kidding)
New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:49 - Oct 5 with 3643 viewsAntti_Heinola

The something?

i was talking about travelman!

Bare bones.

New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:52 - Oct 5 with 3608 viewslave16

Delighted if he has signed - had right attitude and work rate hopefully the rest will come to

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

New Deal for Armstrong? on 17:56 - Oct 5 with 3314 viewsQPROslo

New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:36 - Oct 5 by Tonto

it feels like a good time to give him a new contract - hes got a full cap, hes scored a gol for us. But it does depend on the terms. hes not the finished article yet and should not be paid as such. but if we leave it, there is a chance he runs his existing contract down and we lose a sellable asset.

the significant pay hike is probably misleading. i doubt he is on much now, so doubling his pay probably wouldn't be much in the future either.

The Standard says we have offered Sinclair a 5 year contract and also claim Man City, Palace and Celtic have all shown interest in him. I think he has huge potential and reckon he is on a good learning curve playing with us rather than out on loan at a lower level. His pace, strength, goal and assists have already made big contributions for us. I'd like to see Smyth play in a forward role with him as he has the pace to keep up with him, each side of Dykes perhaps when hopefully Cannon can take over Smyth's defensive duties on the right side of our defence.
New Deal for Armstrong? on 18:20 - Oct 5 with 3228 viewsHastings_Hoops

New Deal for Armstrong? on 14:42 - Oct 5 by Landshark

The lad’s 19, had a grass roots development, blistering pace, great attitude. All the attributes of the type of player we should be locking in.
New Deal for Armstrong? on 19:26 - Oct 5 with 3077 viewsBeckenhamhoop

The something?

All the physical attributes but just not the footballing ability.
New Deal for Armstrong? on 19:49 - Oct 5 with 3015 viewsQPRConor2000

New Deal for Armstrong? on 19:26 - Oct 5 by Beckenhamhoop

All the physical attributes but just not the footballing ability.

He's still very young, im sure it will come.

You sometimes have to be patient with young players like Sinclair, he will grow.
New Deal for Armstrong? on 19:59 - Oct 5 with 2979 viewsWestonsuperR

New Deal for Armstrong? on 19:49 - Oct 5 by QPRConor2000

He's still very young, im sure it will come.

You sometimes have to be patient with young players like Sinclair, he will grow.

Brilliant attitude, incredible pace but isn’t particularly good at football. 1 goal in 27 appearances doesn’t warrant a new contract. Armstrong has had enough game time now to show improvement and I’m seeing very little, league 1/2 player at best.
New Deal for Armstrong? on 20:11 - Oct 5 with 2942 viewsPunteR

New Deal for Armstrong? on 19:59 - Oct 5 by WestonsuperR

Brilliant attitude, incredible pace but isn’t particularly good at football. 1 goal in 27 appearances doesn’t warrant a new contract. Armstrong has had enough game time now to show improvement and I’m seeing very little, league 1/2 player at best.

If he was in a better team with better coaches I think he'll be decent player. Still very young, still learning. We have to take a punt on him. It's not like we are blessed with loads of youth players making the grade to the first team.
Seems a good lad and is not a shirker. Just a shame he hasn't got good players around him. He could do with some experienced strikers around him.
Dykes thrived when Austin was playing.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Deal for Armstrong? on 20:12 - Oct 5 with 2939 viewsPlanetHonneywood

This is a thread that is going to get refreshed on a regular basis between now and 2027/his departure.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New Deal for Armstrong? on 20:22 - Oct 5 with 2865 viewsMonkey_Roots

New Deal for Armstrong? on 19:59 - Oct 5 by WestonsuperR

How ridiculous.
New Deal for Armstrong? on 21:00 - Oct 5 with 2769 viewsQPRSteve

What's wrong with some of the people on this board? He's 19 and showing plenty of potential. I remember Les Ferdinand being regarded as useless when he first got near the first team and look what happened to him!

Some people on here seem to think you must be world class before you can break into our first team. Give the lad some leeway. He's a fantastic prospect.

I can see the same criticism coming Rayan Kolli's way soon.
New Deal for Armstrong? on 21:09 - Oct 5 with 2749 viewsLowerloftLad

If we go down. But end up with a striker scoring goals for fun in league one we will all he happy the club whacked him on a long term deal.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

New Deal for Armstrong? on 21:23 - Oct 5 with 2688 viewsLblock

Get him signed up!!!

He'll rip it to pieces in League one next season I reckon

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New Deal for Armstrong? on 22:27 - Oct 5 with 2562 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Deal for Armstrong? on 21:00 - Oct 5 by QPRSteve

What's wrong with some of the people on this board? He's 19 and showing plenty of potential. I remember Les Ferdinand being regarded as useless when he first got near the first team and look what happened to him!

Some people on here seem to think you must be world class before you can break into our first team. Give the lad some leeway. He's a fantastic prospect.

I can see the same criticism coming Rayan Kolli's way soon.

Yeah but the same fans will still peddle the myth that at this club the fans love to give time to 'one of their own'. Absolute b0ll0cks, as this thread proves.

Bare bones.

New Deal for Armstrong? on 22:30 - Oct 5 with 2553 viewsessextaxiboy

New Deal for Armstrong? on 15:20 - Oct 5 by Antti_Heinola

It feels the same with Kelman , "the best striker in the club" on the training ground but in a game situation against opponents who are giving everything .... Nah
New Deal for Armstrong? on 02:15 - Oct 6 with 2389 viewsWD99

This will be interesting, considering it seems like someone has been floating his name and trying to link him to major European clubs almost since the moment he got here…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024