Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You Don't Know How They Do It. 23:33 - Dec 4 with 8417 viewsBoston

(things that scare the crap out of ya).

Pot Holing.

No thank you.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 02:02 - Dec 5 with 5610 viewsessextaxiboy

Open water swimming .
I like to be able to see the bottom and ideally be able to touch it within 2 seconds . I like the water to be warmed either by blazing sunshine or a machine ..
You Don't Know How They Do It. on 07:04 - Dec 5 with 5523 viewsBluce_Ree

Pot holing is some stupid bullshit. I mean I'm not jumping from a plane either but I get it, it must be a rush and there's a good view. But pot holing sounds miserable at best.

And then you get people like this sorry bastard.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutty_Putty_Cave#:~:text=On%20November%2024%2C%2

Horrifying. Nah fk all that for real.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 07:40 - Dec 5 with 5479 viewsRs_Holy

Did this with Mrs Holy (she loves all this sort of stuff) a couple of years ago... Great experience but I will never do it again... Also I don't think I have ever sweated as much as doing this...

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 08:14 - Dec 5 with 5447 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bungee and BASE jumping, zip lining, parachuting, paragliding etc., all that stuff that requires you to leap off planet earth protected by bits of rope, suspended wires or material can fk right off.

Of that lot, Ive only ever done one, zipline in Costa Rica and it was a total waste of money, as I couldn't look down at the forest below and had a panic attack when we came to the 'big one', and so I walked back to camp.

However, speaking of 'how do they do that', I'm currently on my third day in bed with a heavy cold, and I came across this nutter: https://www.beardmeatsfood.co.uk/

He's not like those annoying loud yank competitive eaters; he's not even fat! But fk my boots he can put food away and I don't know how!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 08:41 - Dec 5 with 5401 viewsloftus77

Christmas shopping.
You Don't Know How They Do It. on 09:09 - Dec 5 with 5370 viewsBluce_Ree

People going to gigs without ear protection.

I've got tinnitus so I'm extra careful and have been for decades. I mean I used to wear ear plugs when I was in a band, so I'm used to it. But even with the strongest ones I can find, gigs can be really loud.

Last gig I saw was the band Quicksand and at one point the bassist was letting his bass feedback and it was so loud that I was wincing and other people are just stood there freeballing that shit without a care in the world. How are they not getting their ears destroyed?

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 10:33 - Dec 5 with 5306 viewswelwynranger

As the man said
" I really appreciate your concern."
Its true that I am a lot older and my reactions are maybe not as good as they used to be.
But there's no need to worry because I have been pot holing for over 30yrs and I have never fallen down a hoooooole.
You Don't Know How They Do It. on 14:07 - Dec 5 with 5182 viewsR_from_afar

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 09:09 - Dec 5 by Bluce_Ree

I've got tinnitus so I'm extra careful and have been for decades. I mean I used to wear ear plugs when I was in a band, so I'm used to it. But even with the strongest ones I can find, gigs can be really loud.

Last gig I saw was the band Quicksand and at one point the bassist was letting his bass feedback and it was so loud that I was wincing and other people are just stood there freeballing that shit without a care in the world. How are they not getting their ears destroyed?

Related to that, a friend told me a true story about one of his friends. The guy was pestered by his son about letting the son attend a gig. The son was too young to legally and safely attend himself, so, the dad went with him.

My mate went on to say that his friend ended up with tinnitus, so loud was the gig.

When I asked my mate which band it was, with a completely deadpan expression, indicating that he, like the dad, knew nothing about the band, he replied: "Slipknot".

I felt terrible for the dad when I heard that, but there is a lesson in there. Do your research and be prepared!

PS: In case you think I am being a clever git, years of noisy pubs and clubs have given me tinnitus and I now avoid such places. Latterly, I used to use wet tissue paper as DIY ear protectors at gigs and that was very effective. I probably looked like a div, but then I do anyway, so....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 14:10 - Dec 5 with 5175 viewsBluce_Ree

I've done the wet tissue ear plug trick myself. I ended up at a Sepultura gig with no ear plugs once. Immediate tissue in the ear!

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 14:15 - Dec 5 with 5164 viewsBluce_Ree

Those c**ts who put a load of bees on their face. Like just a bunch of bees hanging out on your face. Like f**k that. I don't want to be near those buzzy f**ks the next time they decide that you're a threat and decide to sting your eyes right out of your face.

Like, look, bees are sound and whatever. I'll plant a bit of Lavender in the garden. They love that shit. Go at it, bees. But don't walk around with a beard of bees like some sort of f**king bee c**t.

Bees, man. F**k.

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 14:28 - Dec 5 with 5151 viewsAntti_Heinola

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 09:09 - Dec 5 by Bluce_Ree

Pardon?

Bare bones.

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 14:37 - Dec 5 with 5139 viewsNorthernr

Christmas Markets.

Oooh let's go to the Christmas Market.

How about let's fcking not.
You Don't Know How They Do It. on 14:47 - Dec 5 with 5113 viewsslmrstid

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 14:37 - Dec 5 by Northernr

Christmas Markets.

Not heading to Hyde Park for Winter Wonderland then Clive?
You Don't Know How They Do It. on 14:58 - Dec 5 with 5097 viewsMick_S

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 14:37 - Dec 5 by Northernr

Christmas Markets.

I’ve just been to a nice one.
Smug.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 14:58]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 15:00 - Dec 5 with 5086 viewsCLAREMAN1995

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 14:15 - Dec 5 by Bluce_Ree

Those c**ts who put a load of bees on their face. Like just a bunch of bees hanging out on your face. Like f**k that. I don't want to be near those buzzy f**ks the next time they decide that you're a threat and decide to sting your eyes right out of your face.

Like, look, bees are sound and whatever. I'll plant a bit of Lavender in the garden. They love that shit. Go at it, bees. But don't walk around with a beard of bees like some sort of f**king bee c**t.

Bees, man. F**k.

You are angry today Bluce_Ree I had the misfortune of reading your post on the Random irritations thread as I was eating so thanks for that
We are winning games finally its ok
You Don't Know How They Do It. on 15:01 - Dec 5 with 5085 viewsNorthernr

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 14:47 - Dec 5 by slmrstid

Not heading to Hyde Park for Winter Wonderland then Clive?

I see the people who've been to that a mile off on the tube. They're all wet, cold, sick of queueing, and 200 sheets lighter.
You Don't Know How They Do It. on 15:10 - Dec 5 with 5055 viewsCateLeBonR

Going on a cruise for weeks/months on end. I mean I don’t mind a boat trip but please tell what can I do on a cruise ship that I can’t do at home? Apart from catching some tropical fcking disease or other. I’d rather stay at home.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 15:12]
You Don't Know How They Do It. on 15:26 - Dec 5 with 5002 viewsBluce_Ree

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 15:00 - Dec 5 by CLAREMAN1995

You are angry today Bluce_Ree I had the misfortune of reading your post on the Random irritations thread as I was eating so thanks for that
We are winning games finally its ok

I know but I didn't need to see a load of used jammy dodgers today.

Some days, it's really good that I'm not running things as I'd have executed that dirty motherf**ker today.

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 15:30 - Dec 5 with 4993 viewsQPunkR

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 15:01 - Dec 5 by Northernr

I see the people who've been to that a mile off on the tube. They're all wet, cold, sick of queueing, and 200 sheets lighter.

Amen

QPR - "shit but local"

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 15:43 - Dec 5 with 4986 viewsjoe90

Only thing worse than potholing is underwater potholing.
You Don't Know How They Do It. on 16:21 - Dec 5 with 4917 viewsBluce_Ree

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 15:43 - Dec 5 by joe90

Only thing worse than potholing is underwater potholing.

You've got to be some sort of f*cking right chief to be doing that mental shit. Caving under water. The fk out of here.

But this...

That's some real shit.

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 16:28 - Dec 5 with 4904 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Having kids.

Genuinely.

I love my nieces, nephews and godchildren. I really do. But the prospect of devoting every second, every thought, every brain cell to raising and keeping kids safe would terrify me.

I don't worry about much, but I think I'd be a wreck if I had a kid. Actually, I know I would.
I'm in awe of the selflessness involved, the poise, the incredible love and generosity.

(and I didn't even mention the noise!)

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 16:34 - Dec 5 with 4894 viewsHantsR

Speleology, frightening!
You Don't Know How They Do It. on 16:52 - Dec 5 with 4860 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

You Don't Know How They Do It. on 21:01 - Dec 5 with 4724 viewshantssi

Loved rock climbing as a much younger man, but there’s not enough money in the world to tempt me then and especially now to go pot holing.
At least with climbing you can sit tight and enjoy the view if you get stuck and wait for mountain rescue (never needed them thank goodness!).
Hoping to try this next year;
https://honister.com/product/climb-the-mine/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024