Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Channel 5 footie coverage 21:48 - Aug 8 with 15882 viewsBromleyHoop

I quite like it. Good format, no Claridge, don't have to wait till midnight to watch the highlights ala BBC.

👍

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Channel 5 footie coverage on 21:52 - Aug 8 with 9660 viewsDorse

I thought it was crap. The way they edited it, it looked like we lost. Cunce

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Channel 5 footie coverage on 21:55 - Aug 8 with 9645 viewsGloucs_R

Pointless, just give us the highlights.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 21:58 - Aug 8 with 9512 viewsWatford_Ranger

I've just put it on and they're showing the 'health lottery'?????
Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:02 - Aug 8 with 9481 viewsstowmarketrange

What a load of sh*t.How hard can it be to just show the goals and a few highlights?
Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:03 - Aug 8 with 9473 viewsWatford_Ranger

When did Martin Allen eat a bowling ball?

Why is the gormless audience standing up?
Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:06 - Aug 8 with 9452 viewsTheBlob

Is this the Special Needs Football Show?I haven't seen so many vacant stares since the last Trade Union conference.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:08 - Aug 8 with 9445 viewsWilloW4

Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:03 - Aug 8 by Watford_Ranger

When did Martin Allen eat a bowling ball?

Why is the gormless audience standing up?

Gormless indeed... Awful, CHEAP TV.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:10 - Aug 8 with 9384 viewsBromleyHoop

Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:08 - Aug 8 by WilloW4

Gormless indeed... Awful, CHEAP TV.

I'd say it was quaintly, reassuringly amateur.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Login to get fewer ads

Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:20 - Aug 8 with 9298 viewsdistortR

Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:10 - Aug 8 by BromleyHoop

Sorry mate, thought it was 5hite
Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:22 - Aug 8 with 9280 viewsTheBlob

A cross between Blue Peter and Embarrassing Bodies.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:27 - Aug 8 with 9246 viewsWilloW4

Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:10 - Aug 8 by BromleyHoop

" reassuringly amateur "... I used to be in a band like that.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:46 - Aug 8 with 9177 viewsJonDoeman

Fck me that first goal .

It Is What It Is !!

Channel 5 footie coverage on 22:49 - Aug 8 with 9160 viewsJonDoeman

PS that is some going making the BBC program look good . Well done 5.

It Is What It Is !!

Channel 5 footie coverage on 23:56 - Aug 8 with 9002 viewsbosh67

It was kind of like blokes from a pub wondered into a rave.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 23:58 - Aug 8 with 8994 viewsNorthernr

If I want to know what football fans think I come on here, or turn on Talk Sport, or look on Twitter, or stand in the lift at work. If I want to interact I do all of that but with me speaking. There are podcasts and websites and fanzines and message board and Twitter accounts and Facebook pages and You Tube channels and newspapers and magazines all full of people who profess to know about football telling me everything they know about football. I watch the highlights programme for the highlights. I don't give a cnting fck what a studio audience of football fans think, particularly as the type of football fan who would go into the studio audience for a show like that is exactly the type of football fan I care the least about. Just show the fcking goals.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 00:15 - Aug 9 with 8939 views18StoneOfHoop

Channel 5 footie coverage on 23:58 - Aug 8 by Northernr

If I want to know what football fans think I come on here, or turn on Talk Sport, or look on Twitter, or stand in the lift at work. If I want to interact I do all of that but with me speaking. There are podcasts and websites and fanzines and message board and Twitter accounts and Facebook pages and You Tube channels and newspapers and magazines all full of people who profess to know about football telling me everything they know about football. I watch the highlights programme for the highlights. I don't give a cnting fck what a studio audience of football fans think, particularly as the type of football fan who would go into the studio audience for a show like that is exactly the type of football fan I care the least about. Just show the fcking goals.

That programme was an all over the shop,total foo ken fiasco pitiful Aussie batting like shambles.
Even worse than ITV's first horrendous night of Ally McCoist and Townsend's tactics truck.
Please Channel 5 no studio audience of listless vacant staring fans..Baddiel and Skinner 1990's type of thing to do. Un-miked up opinion of fan we can't hear and we're also not shown at one point..shoddy. All 3 presenters nervous and making gabbling mistakes.
Just show the fecking goals in chronological division order for the love of Claridge's peanut head and Manish's uncertain bland smile. The QPR 'highlights' were shown at 10:19pm!

Channel 5's shyte effort to make a decent programme set to end at 10:25.. MotD begins at 10:20 automatically goes to BBC1 on my tv 'cos I set reminder cos I'd rather watch Prem than 4th tier highlights...missed our next opponent Cardiff v Fulham highlights.

It takes a fattie to know a fattie and I speak from and with many stones experience. Martin Allen is now bigger than Kenny Sansom surely aiming for Neil Ruddock size and even waddling after Rotherham boss Steve Evans..is our erstwhile mad dog carrying his wife's fourth child?

Utterly disasterous guest we don't want to know about Barnet being top all last season as he informed us on three seperate occasions.
Aaaaarrrggghhh!

Humdrum journeyman ex Brighton player and mediocre looker and personality Adam Virgo

talks across goals,we've not been shown before whilst he chats inanely with George no-mark Kiley..testing our concentration,adding nothing to our elucidation. At one point he proceeds a remark by saying he's said this before about Craig Mackail-Smith..when, where and why would I give a flying fook?

Will come back to this.
Got a lot more to say what an utterly spit programme this was.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/new-channel-5-highlights-show-tonight-260

Shameful clueless Sharman (better suited to being a toilet attendant perhaps?):
"Executive Producer for Channel 5, Mark Sharman, said: “Kelly and George make an exciting new combination. They are strong editorially, really know their football and aren’t afraid to add humour to the mix. We think the Football League is a great product and we intend to capture the passion, devotion and sometimes the disappointment that comes with following a League team.”

Stand Down Sharman Stand Down Please,Stand Down Sharman..
[Post edited 9 Aug 2015 1:07]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Channel 5 footie coverage on 00:17 - Aug 9 with 8930 viewsSomersetHoops

Too much pointless chatter, unnecessary studio audience and it only needs two presenters. I don't mind if one is a girl provided she talks about the football. I would prefer it if they would organise it so they dealt with each division in turn instead of jumping about all over the place. Perhaps with a guest manager or senior player from each division in turn. It would then allow time to have a brief discussion about each division after the highlights for that division have been shown.

The good things about it are the time-slot. The fact that they value it sufficiently to put it on at a good viewing time. I hope they will fine-tune it along the above lines to make it better, but anything is better than having to wait until 1:30 am to watch 30 seconds of highlights.

Who's Next?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 01:22 - Aug 9 with 8832 viewseastside_r

Rubbish
Channel 5 footie coverage on 07:45 - Aug 9 with 8682 views1BobbyHazell

Showing the league table after one game should be punishable by 50 lashes on its own, BUT then taking the time to actually analyse and discuss it ...urghhh.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 08:42 - Aug 9 with 8598 viewsWeaverQPR

Do Sky still show the goals at 1800hrs?

@WeavQPR

Channel 5 footie coverage on 09:24 - Aug 9 with 8522 viewsSuffolk

Channel 5 footie coverage on 07:45 - Aug 9 by 1BobbyHazell

Showing the league table after one game should be punishable by 50 lashes on its own, BUT then taking the time to actually analyse and discuss it ...urghhh.

The league tables looked as if they had been made by Lesley Judd from Cornflake boxes and sticky backed plastic.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 09:32 - Aug 9 with 8503 viewsMarc

Very cheap and tacky production

No surprise when you consider the type of programmes they fill the rest of their schedule with
Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:06 - Aug 9 with 8417 viewsE17hoop

Channel 5 footie coverage on 09:32 - Aug 9 by Marc

Very cheap and tacky production

No surprise when you consider the type of programmes they fill the rest of their schedule with

They've spent so much on the rights they can't afford to add any expensive production. Cheap option is a small studio, fans with 'opinions' and a cardboard league table. Whose idea was it to mix up the leagues - bloody stupid.

I'll record it and ffwd through it to us each week.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:13 - Aug 9 with 8393 viewsWatford_Ranger

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:06 - Aug 9 by E17hoop

They've spent so much on the rights they can't afford to add any expensive production. Cheap option is a small studio, fans with 'opinions' and a cardboard league table. Whose idea was it to mix up the leagues - bloody stupid.

I'll record it and ffwd through it to us each week.

Would have been considerably cheaper to just show highlights but more of them. The perfect football highlights show but it wouldn't justify the wages of whoever comes up with these nonsense formats probably off the back of market research with the sort of fans that were in the studio.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:24 - Aug 9 with 8369 viewsAddinall

I have just cancelled my linked recording for the whole season.I didn't particularly dislike the "Football League Show" and I think many who did would welcome it back after this!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024