Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeni 00:29 - Aug 23 with 7997 viewsWatford_Ranger

We've had this bloke for over a year now. I've seen him play on the left, on the right and behind the striker and still don't know what sort of player he's meant to be.

Maybe there's some potential there that I can't see but can someone explain to me what he's good at? Is one year too soon to judge?
Yeni on 12:49 - Aug 23 with 2281 viewsstevec

Yeni on 12:25 - Aug 23 by Esox_Lucius

Yes they were! He was getting dogs abuse all around me in Upper Loft for the miss and a few were getting onto him before that. I am not going to defend my position any further as you generally show a complete intransigence to any other viewpoint than your own.

You may have a point with your last sentence but for Yeni the crowd tend to shrug their shoulders as they're not expecting much from him anyway. Maybe he's detected shoulder shrugging from the pitch, I don't know, but if he has he needs to pay more attention to the game itself.

All the years I've been going, if any player did anything like that they've ALWAYS got dogs abuse and the same for every club in the football league.
Yeni on 12:55 - Aug 23 with 2262 viewsLongsufferingR

Great cross for our goal
Yeni on 13:06 - Aug 23 with 2238 viewsStanisgod

Yeni on 11:29 - Aug 23 by Tonto

does this mean we have found our boo boy what with Onouha, bidwell and Perch playing reasonably well?

Top effort chaps.

Are there any more rose tinteds left at your local opticians ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Yeni on 13:14 - Aug 23 with 2230 viewsstevec

Yeni on 12:55 - Aug 23 by LongsufferingR

Great cross for our goal

It was a great cross. It was also a fantastic shot from a 30 yard free kick against Birmingham. Give him space and time on the ball and he's probably a very talented player, like thousands of others, others who don't ever make it to professional football.

I imagine most of us have probably knocked in a free kick from a distance, or put in a perfect cross we remember. The problem is, most of us would have done exactly the same as Yeni did when through on goal 35 yards out, most of us would mistime a jump and get beaten to a header much like Yeni does, most of us can't take a tackle too well, or make the right decisions when we need to, again like Yeni.

And that's why we're not professional footballers and why we get angry when well paid professional footballers can't do it either. And that's why we cheer the likes of Scowen who can, like Freeman who can and why we want other players just like them who can.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, as they say.
Yeni on 16:23 - Aug 23 with 2140 viewsfrancisbowles

Yeni on 12:55 - Aug 23 by LongsufferingR

Great cross for our goal

Yes I thought so as well.
Yeni on 16:36 - Aug 23 with 2117 viewsbosh67

For me he is a forward running number 9 type player, he is a lot more like Washington than people think but he should be playing up front and down the middle.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Yeni on 17:08 - Aug 23 with 2086 viewsflynnbo

Can't believe how many of our players are receiving criticism. They don't play badly deliberately so need support not slagging off.
Yeni on 18:05 - Aug 23 with 2057 viewsWatford_Ranger

Yeni on 11:29 - Aug 23 by Tonto

does this mean we have found our boo boy what with Onouha, bidwell and Perch playing reasonably well?

Top effort chaps.

I'm not a boo boy. I'm asking a question as maybe I'm missing something as someone who goes to most but not all games.
Login to get fewer ads

Yeni on 20:28 - Aug 23 with 1993 viewsBucksRanger

Yeni wants to stay at QPR rather than move to Nantes.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/qpr-yeni-nantes-gossip-2308

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2017/nantes-have-approach-rebuffed-for-qprs
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 20:36]
Yeni on 23:27 - Aug 23 with 1906 viewsflynnbo

Good on you, Yeni. Talented footballer and needs to be played and developed in the correct position. But do we have the talented coaches?
Yeni on 10:43 - Aug 24 with 1811 viewsAntti_Heinola

Get rid. Sell. Waste of time. More blood.
'Just hook it up to my veins!'

Bare bones.

Yeni on 10:52 - Aug 24 with 1795 viewsNorthernr

I find him a frustrating player. Are we using him correctly? Is he that good? I always say this but I do think QPR are bad at it - give him 12-15 starts in a row, in the same position, and then let's see.
Yeni on 11:02 - Aug 24 with 1775 viewsWatford_Ranger

Yeni on 10:52 - Aug 24 by Northernr

I find him a frustrating player. Are we using him correctly? Is he that good? I always say this but I do think QPR are bad at it - give him 12-15 starts in a row, in the same position, and then let's see.

I guess my initial question should have been along the lines of, taking into account he's new to the division/country, at what point do you say it's not going to work and cut your losses? It's been 12 months but if it's not happening by January do we try and flog him back to France then or should he be given a whole new season to prove himself?
Yeni on 11:07 - Aug 24 with 1754 viewsRs_Holy

Yep, another frustrating player! He must have some sort of talent but he seems to take the wrong option most of the time. Had a stinker on Tuesday but that aside I've seen enough of him to think he will not make it in England.
He's not a striker, cant play the support roll as he seems to get in the way quite a bit.
I think he's struggles to read a game and understand whats around him. I'm probably being too harsh but I think giving him 15 games in a row would be a bad thing.
Yeni on 11:11 - Aug 24 with 1735 viewsfrancisbowles

Think the only way that will happen is if someone in a forward or wide midfield position gets a long term injury or a three game ban and he gets the nod and hits form.
Yeni on 11:53 - Aug 24 with 1691 viewssimmo

On the left of the front 3 in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and with a run of games, I am almost certain he will be a really good Championship player. We've already seen glimpses and he's got eveything you need at this level. The issue is, as with most QPR players, he was bought by someone else for a different system and approach so now finds himself trying to adapt.

If it wasn't for Wzsoleks incredible work rate he would have gone the same way in this new 'no wingers' system, but Yeni isn't the defensive winger type player. Add into it Holloways perceived issue with those that are a bit foreign and he's always going to struggle. Probably best for both that he moves on and plays well for someone else, unfortunately

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Yeni on 11:58 - Aug 24 with 1676 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Yeni on 17:08 - Aug 23 by flynnbo

Can't believe how many of our players are receiving criticism. They don't play badly deliberately so need support not slagging off.

People aren't slagging him off, especially not for his effort. I like the guy, and reckon most do. Fans are still allow to criticise a player- it is their job to perform and fans do spend money to watch these performances. Fair play to him for always putting effort in, but I too am still a bit bewildered by what his role actually is. Apart from maybe Cardiff at home, he has never truly stood out for me

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Yeni on 12:08 - Aug 24 with 1659 viewsfrancisbowles

Yeni on 11:53 - Aug 24 by simmo

On the left of the front 3 in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and with a run of games, I am almost certain he will be a really good Championship player. We've already seen glimpses and he's got eveything you need at this level. The issue is, as with most QPR players, he was bought by someone else for a different system and approach so now finds himself trying to adapt.

If it wasn't for Wzsoleks incredible work rate he would have gone the same way in this new 'no wingers' system, but Yeni isn't the defensive winger type player. Add into it Holloways perceived issue with those that are a bit foreign and he's always going to struggle. Probably best for both that he moves on and plays well for someone else, unfortunately

I think that's a very accurate assessment. Apart from workrate, the other issue with trying to play Yenni as a left wing back would be that he favours his right foot and naturally wants to come inside.

I'm encouraged that he seems to want to stick around. Come January things may look a lot different and we may be in a different direction. The current system may have been found out/ abandoned and he may be in a 4231.
Yeni on 12:42 - Aug 24 with 1620 viewsstevec

Years ago, players like him would get 12-15 consecutive starts in the same position but it was in the more competitive Football Combination and you could actually gauge whether they might have it or not.

You will know better than me but it seems we have these weird and wonderful under 16 / 18/ 21/23 teams which tell nobody anything and I imagine, when you're over 23 you either don't play in these games or if you do, you'd rather not be appearing for a multitude of plausible reasons.

No manager in his right mind is going to risk him 12-15 games in the first team.
Yeni on 13:18 - Aug 24 with 1574 viewsR_from_afar

If we end up scrapping for our lives this season, like we did last season, we are not going to have the luxury of giving any player that many consecutive starts *full stop,* let alone in their preferred positions ('keepers excepted) unless they are delivering.

I do also think we fans and the pundits endulge players a bit too much. OK, players might perform to the very best of their ability in their preferred position (if they have one), but surely an attacking player, as an example, can do a reasonable job in whichever forward position they are put?

After all, it is not as if outfield players, by the time they turn professional, have only ever played in one position.

I am willing to be patient with Yeni (I'm sure he will sleep easy tonight knowing this ) but he and quite a few others need to improve and up their contribution.

Oh, and isn't LuaLua also a left winger?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Yeni on 13:37 - Aug 24 with 1554 viewsdachiltern

keeps the ball boys busy.
Yeni on 14:40 - Aug 24 with 1517 viewsdodge_stoke_r

George Weah's brother/ cousin wasn't it. Souness got turned over by him!
Yeni on 14:46 - Aug 24 with 1500 viewsvegasranger

He's not an up and coming youngster, he's 25 hears old !! Seems to be one of those players that whatever position he plays , it's not his correct position. He's a luxury type of player that our severely limited squad can't afford.
Yeni on 15:09 - Aug 24 with 1472 viewsHunterhoop

Yeni on 11:53 - Aug 24 by simmo

You know what, Simmo, Francis, I'm going to completely disagree with you. I think it's an entirely inaccurate summary.

On the ball Yeni looks perfectly good enough for this level. His close control, shooting, crossing, etc, is absolutely fine. In fact, wherever we play him, he looks fine, once he actually has the ball at his feet (even head to a lesser degree). He can put crosses in like on Tues; he can go past players and put it in the net (home last season), and he can hit a good free kick.

However, and this is where he is completely different to Wszolek, and why he is completely inferior, off the ball he is woeful. Whether we have possession or the oppo have it, Yeni plays like he's never watched football properly, from within "the system" (professional clubs, etc" or even as a fan. He is completely unable to read a game. When we have the ball he stands still SO MUCH! He watches the game and players go by, he rarely finds space to revive a ball to feet. Countless times when he's been played wide he's failed to back out to the touchline to find space for a colleague to play him a pass, or make a run in behind, or go on the overlap if the fullback carries the ball past him. It's like he just genuinely doesn't know the basics about where to run when, without the ball.

It's the same when we play him up top or down the middle behind a forward. He never gets on the end of a knockdown. He's always in a crowd and very difficult for a team mate to find with a pass to feet. He just looks a yard away from where he needs to be as a forward.

Without the ball, he just doesn't get close enough to oppo players to win the ball. I'd love to know how many tackles he's made since he's been here. I reckon Luongo makes more in 3 games.

So good on the ball, a complete novice off it.

The problem for me is, whilst the latter can be trained, it's an awfully long process. If you haven't learn it all through a proper, professional youth team set up, you'll only learn it with game time at a professional level, not from playing U23s. They'll be too much time and the standard too physically weak for him to learn there. His technical ability will see him through.

In our situation, with our lack of funds, I'd either shift him on for a price, or send him out on loan to League 1 until Jan. He'd learn loads there and could come back a much better player equipped with thecawateness and positional sense to succeed. I just don't see how a combination of U23s, cup games, and sub appearances at the end of games in the Championship will teach him much.

There may or may not be an excellent player in there, but he needs to learn the game, IMO. I'm not sure we have the luxury of carrying him whilst he does.

Eze, for the snippets I've seen, seems to have far more of a "football brain".

Wszolek, whilst being too selfless for his own good, is a great example of a player who understands the game very well. He knows how to find space, where to be to be open for a pass, how to use his body when shielding the ball, when to cross...he actually looks up before crossing! In short, he has all the awareness and positional sense Yeni lacks. And it's that, not their technical ability to cross it onto a sixpence, that separates them out. It's usually that which separates the better players out.

And it's one of the main reasons, I rate Luongo so highly. His tackle count isn't so high by fluke. He reads the game and knows where to be.
Yeni on 16:11 - Aug 24 with 1432 viewsdavman

Yeni on 15:09 - Aug 24 by Hunterhoop

You know what, Simmo, Francis, I'm going to completely disagree with you. I think it's an entirely inaccurate summary.

On the ball Yeni looks perfectly good enough for this level. His close control, shooting, crossing, etc, is absolutely fine. In fact, wherever we play him, he looks fine, once he actually has the ball at his feet (even head to a lesser degree). He can put crosses in like on Tues; he can go past players and put it in the net (home last season), and he can hit a good free kick.

However, and this is where he is completely different to Wszolek, and why he is completely inferior, off the ball he is woeful. Whether we have possession or the oppo have it, Yeni plays like he's never watched football properly, from within "the system" (professional clubs, etc" or even as a fan. He is completely unable to read a game. When we have the ball he stands still SO MUCH! He watches the game and players go by, he rarely finds space to revive a ball to feet. Countless times when he's been played wide he's failed to back out to the touchline to find space for a colleague to play him a pass, or make a run in behind, or go on the overlap if the fullback carries the ball past him. It's like he just genuinely doesn't know the basics about where to run when, without the ball.

It's the same when we play him up top or down the middle behind a forward. He never gets on the end of a knockdown. He's always in a crowd and very difficult for a team mate to find with a pass to feet. He just looks a yard away from where he needs to be as a forward.

Without the ball, he just doesn't get close enough to oppo players to win the ball. I'd love to know how many tackles he's made since he's been here. I reckon Luongo makes more in 3 games.

So good on the ball, a complete novice off it.

The problem for me is, whilst the latter can be trained, it's an awfully long process. If you haven't learn it all through a proper, professional youth team set up, you'll only learn it with game time at a professional level, not from playing U23s. They'll be too much time and the standard too physically weak for him to learn there. His technical ability will see him through.

In our situation, with our lack of funds, I'd either shift him on for a price, or send him out on loan to League 1 until Jan. He'd learn loads there and could come back a much better player equipped with thecawateness and positional sense to succeed. I just don't see how a combination of U23s, cup games, and sub appearances at the end of games in the Championship will teach him much.

There may or may not be an excellent player in there, but he needs to learn the game, IMO. I'm not sure we have the luxury of carrying him whilst he does.

Eze, for the snippets I've seen, seems to have far more of a "football brain".

Wszolek, whilst being too selfless for his own good, is a great example of a player who understands the game very well. He knows how to find space, where to be to be open for a pass, how to use his body when shielding the ball, when to cross...he actually looks up before crossing! In short, he has all the awareness and positional sense Yeni lacks. And it's that, not their technical ability to cross it onto a sixpence, that separates them out. It's usually that which separates the better players out.

And it's one of the main reasons, I rate Luongo so highly. His tackle count isn't so high by fluke. He reads the game and knows where to be.

A lot of sense there, Tom, but shipping a 25 year old on loan to a League One club is wrong on so many levels. If he hasn't learned those basics by now...He'll get other chances and it'll be up to him to take them; he should be a grown up by now!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024