Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Transfer Business 12:30 - Sep 1 with 4869 viewsThe_Mole

All in all is everyone generally happy with our business this window?

I like the idea we've dived into the lower leagues to unearth some gems instead of the easy option, ala Redknapp and buy only 'big names'.

Do we think the signings made in Smyth and Wheeler are for now or the future though?

Would have liked a Clint Hill or Delaney signing until the end of the season to add some bite/stability to the already fragile back 4 but all in all quite happy!
Our Transfer Business on 13:10 - Sep 1 with 4792 viewsDorse

I am actually pretty pleased with the signings but am a bit confused as to why we didn't see a centre-back arrive as cover. Perhaps Hall and Lynch are closer to returning than we thought. Either that or hopes have been raised since Caulker has been sent to live with the Salvation Army Temperance Society and barred from The Dog & Handgun.

Smyth is an interesting signing - he'll go into the U23s, I would think but he might tear it up alongside Chair. Wheeler will be used as a wing-back, hopefully as a replacement for Lua Lua. He's straight into the First Team squad.

Also, did we actually get Osayi-Samuel from Blackpool? The Offish has nothing on him but WLS says it was done.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 13:11]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Our Transfer Business on 13:36 - Sep 1 with 4725 viewspaulparker

im very excited about Wheeler to get a winger who has banged in 21 goals for around 500k is very good business especially when you think of Marvin Johnson going to Boro for 3 million and of course aloku to reading for 7.5 million , its not a risk at all

Smyth sounds a lot like Manning that he likes a tackle and is whole hearted , hopefully he can be like manning and turn into a gem, I have a feeling he will and we may see him in games around march or april when we are safe from the drop ( I hope)

Baptiste I saw against Brentford and I wasn't impressed and nor was impressed when we signed him either

Scowen is a brilliant bit of business , I actually think we will do well to hold on to him next year

shame we are lumbered with caulker an absolute waste of oxygen , and I would of looked to have sold Ariel as well , but in saying that I suppose no one came in for him
Ngaboto I think his days are numbered as well

BTW what happened to Goss ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Our Transfer Business on 13:40 - Sep 1 with 4711 viewsstevec

Little bit disappointed we didn't raid the relatively untapped Hellenic Football League for talent.
Our Transfer Business on 14:10 - Sep 1 with 4635 viewsDejR_vu

Our Transfer Business on 13:10 - Sep 1 by Dorse

I am actually pretty pleased with the signings but am a bit confused as to why we didn't see a centre-back arrive as cover. Perhaps Hall and Lynch are closer to returning than we thought. Either that or hopes have been raised since Caulker has been sent to live with the Salvation Army Temperance Society and barred from The Dog & Handgun.

Smyth is an interesting signing - he'll go into the U23s, I would think but he might tear it up alongside Chair. Wheeler will be used as a wing-back, hopefully as a replacement for Lua Lua. He's straight into the First Team squad.

Also, did we actually get Osayi-Samuel from Blackpool? The Offish has nothing on him but WLS says it was done.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 13:11]

Can still sign free agents so wouldn't be surprised if we looked at that as a short-term fix in defence.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Our Transfer Business on 14:12 - Sep 1 with 4626 viewsBucksRanger

Our Transfer Business on 14:10 - Sep 1 by DejR_vu

Can still sign free agents so wouldn't be surprised if we looked at that as a short-term fix in defence.

Did Clint Hill find a club?
Our Transfer Business on 14:58 - Sep 1 with 4520 viewsterryb

Are we better off than when the window opened?

I think we are & that is all we can wish for.

Of course it could have been better, but overall it ain't been too bad!
Our Transfer Business on 15:03 - Sep 1 with 4503 viewsvegasranger

The defence looks a real weak link. Only brought it Baptiste as back up. Now we have a few injuries.
Our Transfer Business on 15:21 - Sep 1 with 4477 viewsdaveB

Our Transfer Business on 15:03 - Sep 1 by vegasranger

The defence looks a real weak link. Only brought it Baptiste as back up. Now we have a few injuries.

Defence isn't perfect but we have Furlong, Bidwlel, Robinson, Ned, Caulker, Lynch, Hall and Baptise.

We should be able to conjure be a decent defence from that lot at this level
Login to get fewer ads

Our Transfer Business on 15:28 - Sep 1 with 4438 viewsLblock

Wheeler is 26 years old.

One for the future? Errrrrrrmmmmmm

In this day and age if you're not playing at the level you should be by 23 years old you're playing at the level you'll probably stay at. The days of Ian Wright breaking into a high level mid twenties long gone.

Our defence concerns me as it seems to everyone else and we seem incapable of coaching the basics here.
I would take Clint Hill back in a shot but I'm not sure he'd come back.

All in all I am glad we didn't (couldn't!!!) get involved in this current obscene market but I would love to have been in terms of the door marked EXIT.
The only one who has gone is El Kakhi whereas I would've expected a few more periphery players to go, if not perm then on loan at least.

Hoping the season rolls with a few of the players we have being coached along to find better levels and also for Manning to re-discover himself as the player who was a revelation last season.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Our Transfer Business on 15:31 - Sep 1 with 4426 viewsaston_hoop

Our Transfer Business on 15:28 - Sep 1 by Lblock

Wheeler is 26 years old.

One for the future? Errrrrrrmmmmmm

In this day and age if you're not playing at the level you should be by 23 years old you're playing at the level you'll probably stay at. The days of Ian Wright breaking into a high level mid twenties long gone.

Our defence concerns me as it seems to everyone else and we seem incapable of coaching the basics here.
I would take Clint Hill back in a shot but I'm not sure he'd come back.

All in all I am glad we didn't (couldn't!!!) get involved in this current obscene market but I would love to have been in terms of the door marked EXIT.
The only one who has gone is El Kakhi whereas I would've expected a few more periphery players to go, if not perm then on loan at least.

Hoping the season rolls with a few of the players we have being coached along to find better levels and also for Manning to re-discover himself as the player who was a revelation last season.

"The days of Ian Wright breaking into a high level mid twenties long gone"... Jamie Vardy? Ricky Lambert?

pleased with the business we've done...basically pleased we didn't spend the stupid fees that other clubs have been spending. Like many others, I'm not supremely confident in our defence but I think we're strong enough in other areas that it won't be an uncomfortable season. famous last words maybe

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Our Transfer Business on 15:33 - Sep 1 with 4421 viewsjohncharles

I'm happy, happier than I've been after the last few dozen transfer windows. We've picked up some ambitious youngsters at sensible prices and wages. Very pleased we haven't signed any over the hill, think they're doing us a favour, ex stars for big money and big wages and long contracts.

Strong and stable my arse.

Our Transfer Business on 15:39 - Sep 1 with 4395 viewskensalriser

You can add Charlie Austin to that list too.

Only time will tell how well we've done, I haven't got a clue.

I do think we've seen our highest position for the season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our Transfer Business on 15:42 - Sep 1 with 4381 viewssimmo

Our Transfer Business on 13:36 - Sep 1 by paulparker

im very excited about Wheeler to get a winger who has banged in 21 goals for around 500k is very good business especially when you think of Marvin Johnson going to Boro for 3 million and of course aloku to reading for 7.5 million , its not a risk at all

Smyth sounds a lot like Manning that he likes a tackle and is whole hearted , hopefully he can be like manning and turn into a gem, I have a feeling he will and we may see him in games around march or april when we are safe from the drop ( I hope)

Baptiste I saw against Brentford and I wasn't impressed and nor was impressed when we signed him either

Scowen is a brilliant bit of business , I actually think we will do well to hold on to him next year

shame we are lumbered with caulker an absolute waste of oxygen , and I would of looked to have sold Ariel as well , but in saying that I suppose no one came in for him
Ngaboto I think his days are numbered as well

BTW what happened to Goss ?

Basically all of this, plus the new boy Bright who is one for the future but a decent prospect and has good game time for such a young player

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Our Transfer Business on 23:03 - Sep 1 with 4162 viewsdistortR

If we needed wingers, why did we sell Bowler?
Our Transfer Business on 23:04 - Sep 1 with 4160 viewsderbyhoop

Some decent work.
I would have liked another striker and a CB, but we should get by if Hall returns to fitness in the near future. Maybe, but I'm not holding out a deal of hope, Caulker starts to repay some of the wages he's been paid over the last 3 years, then we may have enough.
It's all been done without, apparently, paying a fortune.

The outgoings - Nasser El Khayati, Ingram, Comley and Eze on loan should all benefit.

Downsides
We couldn't get Winnall and, despite previous assurances, Goss did not get a loan.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our Transfer Business on 23:04 - Sep 1 with 4160 viewsdistortR

edit - bollocks to Derbyhoop, who has made me look like a mouth breather

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 23:07]
Our Transfer Business on 23:25 - Sep 1 with 4103 viewsbosh67

Our Transfer Business on 23:03 - Sep 1 by distortR

If we needed wingers, why did we sell Bowler?

Because we got £4.25m plus add ons from Everton for a player who played 45 minutes for us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Our Transfer Business on 23:30 - Sep 1 with 4091 viewsdistortR

Our Transfer Business on 23:25 - Sep 1 by bosh67

Because we got £4.25m plus add ons from Everton for a player who played 45 minutes for us.

yeah, the smiley face was supposed to come straight after that post...............
Our Transfer Business on 23:40 - Sep 1 with 4074 viewsPunteR

Im happy with it.
Scowen the highlight for me.
Wheeler seems a good lad and i presume would consider this a massive step up so will give us 100% whenever he plays. Whether he's good enough remains to be seen.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Our Transfer Business on 06:47 - Sep 2 with 3906 viewsLblock

Our Transfer Business on 23:40 - Sep 1 by PunteR

Im happy with it.
Scowen the highlight for me.
Wheeler seems a good lad and i presume would consider this a massive step up so will give us 100% whenever he plays. Whether he's good enough remains to be seen.

You're bang on there mate

From what I've seen so far Scowen is the steal of the century and the sort of player I've been crying out for last decade!!! The added benefit of him is he seems to have given Luongo a new lease of life. I've been a harsh critic of Mass but I have to admit he's looked more of what you'd want this season

I can see a scrap between Scowen and Freeman for player of the year though

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Our Transfer Business on 08:01 - Sep 2 with 3811 viewsPunteR

Our Transfer Business on 06:47 - Sep 2 by Lblock

You're bang on there mate

From what I've seen so far Scowen is the steal of the century and the sort of player I've been crying out for last decade!!! The added benefit of him is he seems to have given Luongo a new lease of life. I've been a harsh critic of Mass but I have to admit he's looked more of what you'd want this season

I can see a scrap between Scowen and Freeman for player of the year though

Yeh i think so . Freeman just won Player of the month but i actually voted for Scowen. Great little player that has given the midfield a bit more bite. If only Freeman buried those chances that landed on his plate!.. i probably would have then voted for Freeman. :)
Im also over the moon we managed to keep Smithies for another season.
All in all a decent summer.. Lets just hope our strikers turn into goal machines.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Our Transfer Business on 10:52 - Sep 2 with 3519 viewsBklynRanger

Did we really get that much?

We're RICH!!!

It looks like there could be some quite interesting combinations up front now that we have these wingers, and with Wheeler's ability to finish. So that's good.
Our Transfer Business on 10:59 - Sep 2 with 3503 viewsrsonist

No, the £4m is the rumoured ceiling if he hits every unlikely performance target. And if he had longer on his contract here or was willing to sign a new one then we'd probably have held onto him.
Our Transfer Business on 11:03 - Sep 2 with 3488 viewsCamberleyR

Our Transfer Business on 10:52 - Sep 2 by BklynRanger

Did we really get that much?

We're RICH!!!

It looks like there could be some quite interesting combinations up front now that we have these wingers, and with Wheeler's ability to finish. So that's good.

I thought it was something like £1.5m up front and with add ons it could potentially rise to £4+m. I'm assuming we also put a tasty sell on clause in there as well.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Our Transfer Business on 12:57 - Sep 2 with 3320 viewsLazyFan

Our Transfer Business on 11:03 - Sep 2 by CamberleyR

I thought it was something like £1.5m up front and with add ons it could potentially rise to £4+m. I'm assuming we also put a tasty sell on clause in there as well.

In my view we have actually done this the old QPR way.

Sold: Bowler, Doughty, Gladwin
Freed up wages with: ELK, Henry and some other I forget.
Loaned out the young guns and our 2nd Goalie (which means we keep Smithies).
Not resigned on loan that trash who is now hiding in Mexico.

Brought in only one loanee early because we were not sure on getting the wingers we wanted in at the time.

Brought in two right-wingers, one of which can play wing-back to trial them out. Hopefully one will make it.

Brought in a left-winger to support our loanee and then later on to challenge with Shodipo to see who is best on the left. Brought in an average CB on a free and only on a 2 year contract.

Brought in a bargain CM for free and was the first signing we did.

Bad points were: Bircham saying we would get all Business done early. This I think these days is impossible. You see if you want cheap bargains (as in not Everton paying squillions early on) you have to wait until the last day so, that when no one comes in for the player your after, you then get him at a normal non-inflated price. Sure we got one in early but that was the exception to the rule.

We still have some spare capacity to move on: The mentally challenged one. The Fish who is injured, card prone and our oldest player. JET. Neds old contract but not Ned himself (unless someone gives us lots of dosh in the Jan window for player who will be 32 next season).

If we had moved them on maybe we could have bought at least one top quality gem of CB. Hopefully we can secure that in the Jan transfer windows and move some of those above on. Maybe even fantasize about a RB to replace Perch and compete with Furlong.

Looking at the squad now it is very young indeed, which bodes well for the future assuming we can survive another season in the Champ and also means we shall have some assets to sell to silly prem clubs in the future as we develop the next batch.

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/queens-park-rangers/startseite/verein/1039/ajax/
Apologies for the cross post Clive.

Overall we did not lose anyone major, sold what we did not need for decent money and then used that to invest in small gambles spread over youngsters or mid-twenties lower league players to hopefully discover/develop some gems with a hungry attitude to play for the hoops.

Great job Evil Les and Mental Ollie.
This is like the real QPR of old.
What's not to like?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024