Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
furlong 10:33 - Jul 22 with 36949 viewsLowerloftLad

looks like he could be going to west brom for a fee of 1.5mill didnt see that deal on the cards

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

furlong on 11:26 - Jul 22 with 2766 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Let's face it, last seasons defence was rotten all round. The manager recognises that and is changing it. Probably all of it.
furlong on 11:27 - Jul 22 with 2761 viewsRblockPrior

Biggest problem with Furlong leaving for me is the fact he does seem to have a good affiliation with the club, he knows the club, fans and seems to care which in turn rubs off on other players. When you have a team who have no real connection with the club they very rarely play for the badge or even connect that well with the fans imo as they just seem it as a stop gap. Furlong knows what QPR is about and means to the fans.

Add to that 1.5 million for someone with great experience at a young add is a disgrace, should be double that imo

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

furlong on 11:27 - Jul 22 with 2761 viewsDejR_vu

furlong on 10:43 - Jul 22 by BAWHoops

What's he worth really though?
Maybe £2m at a push, there's no other bidders and we need to sell

It's weird how every time well sell a player there's only ever one bidder. Or perhaps we just cave in straight away

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

furlong on 11:29 - Jul 22 with 2739 viewsrsonist

furlong on 11:26 - Jul 22 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Let's face it, last seasons defence was rotten all round. The manager recognises that and is changing it. Probably all of it.

If it were all up to the manager Bidwell and Luongo would be key players.
furlong on 11:29 - Jul 22 with 2734 viewsdaveB

whether selling him is right or wrong big few weeks ahead, can't afford to get much wrong this window and now currently looking for 2/3 strikers, wide players and a right back. Thats a lot of players
furlong on 11:33 - Jul 22 with 2681 viewsJigsore

furlong on 11:27 - Jul 22 by DejR_vu

It's weird how every time well sell a player there's only ever one bidder. Or perhaps we just cave in straight away

If our players had agents that blabbed about other clubs non-existent interest you'd moan about that too

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

furlong on 11:36 - Jul 22 with 2649 viewsDejR_vu

furlong on 11:23 - Jul 22 by paulparker

The club is a mess
If your selling one of your brighter talents for 1.5 million then you have to ask yourself we really are desperate, look at Pompey they got 3 million for Lowe and Luton got 6 million for james both haven’t even played in the championship ffs
We may as well leave our mouths opened whilst we are being p1ssed on

The usual excuses don't wash with this one but I'm sure there will be some different ones.

furlong on 11:37 - Jul 22 with 2623 viewsstevec

furlong on 11:27 - Jul 22 by DejR_vu

Or the club snap their hand off before the buyer realises they're the only buyer.

I'm trying to picture what it must be like for kids turning up from the likes of Spurs and Liverpool to find themselves surrounded by what must be a pretty forlorn set of players used to battling it out at the wrong end of a division.

Was sorry to see Freeman go, but if we can unload any long termers who've been part of a side finishing somewhere between 16th and 19th season after season then perhaps a new found desire to move away from this constant inertia maybe a good thing.
Login to get fewer ads

furlong on 11:38 - Jul 22 with 2617 viewsDejR_vu

furlong on 11:33 - Jul 22 by Jigsore

If our players had agents that blabbed about other clubs non-existent interest you'd moan about that too

Really? When have I ever done that?

furlong on 11:41 - Jul 22 with 2585 viewsRblockPrior

People need to remember we will be heavily reliant on a 37 year old RB who imo will definitely not start more than 20 games this season, add to that Kakay is league 1 at best we have put ourselves in a state where we are now short in another position or we play someone out of position. We are screwed this season, having £100 on us to be relegated at 4/1

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

furlong on 11:41 - Jul 22 with 2579 viewsTonto

I find it odd that a player who many have slagged off on here, and is now subject to a multi million pound bid is now the subject of complaints that prove that the club doesn't know what its doing...

I'm not quite sure what people want.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

furlong on 11:42 - Jul 22 with 2575 viewsAntti_Heinola

furlong on 11:41 - Jul 22 by Tonto

I find it odd that a player who many have slagged off on here, and is now subject to a multi million pound bid is now the subject of complaints that prove that the club doesn't know what its doing...

I'm not quite sure what people want.

i think the answer is that some people like him and don't want him to go cheap.

Bare bones.

furlong on 11:42 - Jul 22 with 2574 viewsdannyblue

This transfer news saddens me. He's been with us a long time and comes across well. Like everyone I'd like to see him stick around for years, preferably as centre back.

But, whisper it, I don't actually think he's very good. He's a great athlete, but he doesn't have much with the ball at his feet, and his defending is average at best.

Trying to be reasoned about it, selling him proves the model. Helps us recruit other youngsters as they can see they can get a move on from us. We should be able to negotiate significant sell ons. The risk, as pointed out, that we loose a voice in the dressing room with a connection to the club and perhaps we'll see how important that is in yet another season of turmoil.
furlong on 11:43 - Jul 22 with 2568 viewsQPR_John

furlong on 11:16 - Jul 22 by Lblock

Future QPR captain sold when we'll need his passion and commitment most.

Current QPR captain ostracised and left on bench

Situation summed up brilliantly above by WadR.
This club is fcukd and the spectre of Bungle Ferndandez looms ever larger. We'll never recover from his disastrous tenure.

The board have made mistakes that cannot be denied but FFP have compounded them. I've no evidence but I think the board would have financed the club so that players need not be sold or if so better players bought in but they cannot do that. I imagine they are financing the day to day running of the club and that eats into the £13M. Looks like to keep the club afloat the playing side has to finance itself. Thanks FFP.
furlong on 11:45 - Jul 22 with 2542 viewsJigsore

furlong on 11:38 - Jul 22 by DejR_vu

Really? When have I ever done that?

If Furlongs agent had instead been openly touting him to every top half side in the division before the seasons you wouldn't mind? If so then pardon me. But that's generally how they manafacture bidding wars

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

furlong on 11:47 - Jul 22 with 2522 viewsDejR_vu

furlong on 11:42 - Jul 22 by dannyblue

This transfer news saddens me. He's been with us a long time and comes across well. Like everyone I'd like to see him stick around for years, preferably as centre back.

But, whisper it, I don't actually think he's very good. He's a great athlete, but he doesn't have much with the ball at his feet, and his defending is average at best.

Trying to be reasoned about it, selling him proves the model. Helps us recruit other youngsters as they can see they can get a move on from us. We should be able to negotiate significant sell ons. The risk, as pointed out, that we loose a voice in the dressing room with a connection to the club and perhaps we'll see how important that is in yet another season of turmoil.

I think he'll be a very good Centre Back in a Paul Parker sort of way (not as good obviously). He wasn't physically developed enough when he broke through, he is now. We've sold him cheap as an average full-back.

furlong on 11:52 - Jul 22 with 2474 viewsRangersw12

My worry is all we're doing is selling assets so we can waste the money on short term loans it seems we haven't learnt a thing from last season

Genuinely fed up with the club at the moment
furlong on 11:53 - Jul 22 with 2472 viewsDejR_vu

furlong on 11:45 - Jul 22 by Jigsore

If Furlongs agent had instead been openly touting him to every top half side in the division before the seasons you wouldn't mind? If so then pardon me. But that's generally how they manafacture bidding wars

No idea what you're talking about. His agent hasn't been touting him about as far as i'm aware so it's a non-discussion.

What I'm bothered about is that, if this is true, we yet again seem to have sold someone on the cheap. That has a domino effect. If we extracted a decent fee for one player, we wouldn't have to sell another, which means the other would be available to sell next year. As it is, we're going to have to produce 3-4 players every year to stay afloat. For most sides 1 every couple of years is good going.

This is a proper fire sale.

furlong on 11:53 - Jul 22 with 2466 viewsDorse

To whoever made the decision to sell Furlong:

I hate you. I hate you so much.

That is all.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

furlong on 11:54 - Jul 22 with 2457 viewsspencer

I liked Furlong as a centre back last season..

But.. we have been shit now for many seasons. Freeman aside....maybe Luongo….rest of team as not been that great.

So - lets see what the season brings..
furlong on 11:58 - Jul 22 with 2402 viewsAntti_Heinola

furlong on 11:53 - Jul 22 by DejR_vu

No idea what you're talking about. His agent hasn't been touting him about as far as i'm aware so it's a non-discussion.

What I'm bothered about is that, if this is true, we yet again seem to have sold someone on the cheap. That has a domino effect. If we extracted a decent fee for one player, we wouldn't have to sell another, which means the other would be available to sell next year. As it is, we're going to have to produce 3-4 players every year to stay afloat. For most sides 1 every couple of years is good going.

This is a proper fire sale.

well report is, we rejected 1.5m. So assume it'll be roughly £2m.
Much as I love him, and always have, the idea we'd get more than that for someone who's never been first choice for us (rightly or wrongly) from a club in our own league is a bit far-fetched imo.

Bare bones.

furlong on 12:01 - Jul 22 with 2375 viewsBklynRanger

For fcuk sake. Do I not like that etc. 1.5 mill gets chucked into the bottomless pit, we loose Furs 2 and get to plug the gap with fcuk knows which ex-player from Warb's past to sit on the bench because he possibly maybe suits a system that possibly maybe isn't even suited to the Championship.
furlong on 12:04 - Jul 22 with 2341 viewsDejR_vu

furlong on 11:58 - Jul 22 by Antti_Heinola

well report is, we rejected 1.5m. So assume it'll be roughly £2m.
Much as I love him, and always have, the idea we'd get more than that for someone who's never been first choice for us (rightly or wrongly) from a club in our own league is a bit far-fetched imo.

Fair enough Antti, you think it's a good deal, I think it's another in a long line of failures. Different opinions I guess.

What I do think is beyond dispute is that we're in a right old mess and things seem to be getting worse, not better.

furlong on 12:10 - Jul 22 with 2295 viewsElHoop

furlong on 11:52 - Jul 22 by Rangersw12

My worry is all we're doing is selling assets so we can waste the money on short term loans it seems we haven't learnt a thing from last season

Genuinely fed up with the club at the moment

Very good concise posting.

If we must always accept any offer for a player then we don't have a future. We will never produce enough Championship quality players to survive if we only get a few million from our sales. We need to keep enough of the players worth only a million or two to build a solid platform upon which more 'valuable' players can grow and bloom. Cash in on those valuable players when they come along, but keep the solid base. Without that there's only relegation and misery ahead.
furlong on 12:26 - Jul 22 with 2187 viewsDejR_vu

furlong on 12:10 - Jul 22 by ElHoop

Very good concise posting.

If we must always accept any offer for a player then we don't have a future. We will never produce enough Championship quality players to survive if we only get a few million from our sales. We need to keep enough of the players worth only a million or two to build a solid platform upon which more 'valuable' players can grow and bloom. Cash in on those valuable players when they come along, but keep the solid base. Without that there's only relegation and misery ahead.

This club is like is like an oil tanker drifting towards Niagara Falls with LF on the Bridge frantically pushing all the buttons and pulling all the levers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024