Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
furlong 10:33 - Jul 22 with 37033 viewsLowerloftLad

looks like he could be going to west brom for a fee of 1.5mill didnt see that deal on the cards

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

furlong on 20:36 - Jul 22 with 3369 viewsQPR_John

furlong on 20:19 - Jul 22 by Stanisgod

Superb post.

Ditto
furlong on 20:43 - Jul 22 with 3319 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent post, Hunter.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

furlong on 20:47 - Jul 22 with 3301 viewsRoller

furlong on 19:33 - Jul 22 by Hunterhoop

My two penny’s worth.

I like Furlong. I rate him as a decent Championship RB and CB. I think he has room to develop (how much is up to debate). And, as others have stated, he had a connection to the club and I believe genuinely cared. He was future club captain material.

£2m plus add ons is more than I thought we’d get for him at this point in time though. Albeit, i’d love more.

And here is the point, this year is the nadir of FFP. We are fcked by it. This is not on LF or LH. Furlong is the model. Youth team, develop, first team for a couple of years, sell.

Based on all known evidence we have to find £11-12 m this year, versus last season, to meet FFP. How does anyone who think we do this? Add another 0 to everyone’s ST value? We have to sell and release.

Freeman sold for 5m.
Even if our trading on the out of contract market (released vs signed) delivers us a saving of £50k per week, that’s just £2.6m
So, still 4.4m to find. Simply to meet FFP.

Furlong brings in £2m.
You get an idea what Luongo will go for now?!

This is the FFP reality. If I can work out our rough FFP position, so can other clubs with full time employees paid to do it!

As i’ve said before, they know, and we know, we have no leverage to negotiate. It’s not LF or LH doing a poor job, it’s basic negotiating. You are hamstrung.

With both Freeman and Furlong we’ve rejected initial offers and increased the sale price, but when you have no leverage because the financial noose is around your neck, there is little more you can do.

I’m genuinely sad Furlong is going. But this isn’t a reflection of the board doing a bad job, it’s a reflection of our financial situation and the financial reality we’ve faced since ‘Arry left and we were relegated with a £70m wage bill. Failing FFP guarantees relegation and puts in doubt the entire future of the club.

IF, and it’s a big IF, we stay up, we’re actually well placed to compete next year, because we’ll have wriggle room when others do not. The market price we’ll drop and we’ll be one of the few with options.

If we go down, our revenue will decrease by practically nothing, and we’ll still be positioned to compete in the Champ in the long run; it’ll just be rubbish to be in the League One nonsense.

But this is all the more reason why the club and the players this year, especially the young lads like Eze, BOS, Chair need your support. This is the nadir year. The whole FFP bullsh*t. The whole fcking league against us. This is where we, as supporters, have to shine through and back them to them hilt. Fcuk FFP. Fcuk Shaun Harvey. Fcuk the league. If we can stay up this year we will bounce back.

But it will be bloody tough, I grant you.

Absolutely Hunter, except if we do get relegated there will be a noticeable drop in revenue.

Our sky basic award and solidarity payments and will drop by around £5 million.

On the plus side, we'll have a new set of FFP regulations to get to grips with! If I recall correctly, League One clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages with no restriction on overall loses. However on promotion back to the Championship the £39 million rolling 3-year period is enforced including the years in League One.
furlong on 20:58 - Jul 22 with 3260 viewsQPR_John

furlong on 20:47 - Jul 22 by Roller

Absolutely Hunter, except if we do get relegated there will be a noticeable drop in revenue.

On the plus side, we'll have a new set of FFP regulations to get to grips with! If I recall correctly, League One clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages with no restriction on overall loses. However on promotion back to the Championship the £39 million rolling 3-year period is enforced including the years in League One.

Really cannot believe that is true. You follow rules for say two years then get promoted and then those two years are reassessed retrospectively. How in any sense is FFP legal
furlong on 21:32 - Jul 22 with 3148 viewsWestonsuperR

furlong on 15:36 - Jul 22 by Rangersw12

2 million plus add ons then. Still not over the moon but better price than first thought

2mill+add on’s seems pretty reasonable, I don’t particularly rate Furs has really failed to progress in last couple of seasons, I’d happily take that.
furlong on 21:36 - Jul 22 with 3134 viewsjoolsyp

furlong on 20:47 - Jul 22 by Roller

This is QPR we're talking about. We'll probably go up via the play-offs and we'll build a statue of Warburton! Fcuk FFP!

Superb post Hunter ... I particularly love that last paragraph. We have to be patient - I think we'll get a few shellackings early on, and it's important we don't get on the players' backs, nor moan at how we don't have the players to pass it out from the back. Let's instil that bunker mentality that Ollie talked about. Our positivity will rub off on the players I'm sure of it. And who knows, we might just defy the odds and stay up this year which will give us something to build on and real grounds for optimism. And even if we do go down to L1 - we've been there before and we'll come back stronger.

You Rs!
furlong on 22:05 - Jul 22 with 2989 viewspaulparker

furlong on 21:32 - Jul 22 by WestonsuperR

2mill+add on’s seems pretty reasonable, I don’t particularly rate Furs has really failed to progress in last couple of seasons, I’d happily take that.

Sorry it’s a terrible price , not a dig at you but if he so Sh1t why are WBA signing him
This time next year they will more than likely be a prem team meaning furlong could be worth double if not more ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

furlong on 22:11 - Jul 22 with 2978 viewsconnell10

furlong on 19:33 - Jul 22 by Hunterhoop

My two penny’s worth.

I like Furlong. I rate him as a decent Championship RB and CB. I think he has room to develop (how much is up to debate). And, as others have stated, he had a connection to the club and I believe genuinely cared. He was future club captain material.

£2m plus add ons is more than I thought we’d get for him at this point in time though. Albeit, i’d love more.

And here is the point, this year is the nadir of FFP. We are fcked by it. This is not on LF or LH. Furlong is the model. Youth team, develop, first team for a couple of years, sell.

Based on all known evidence we have to find £11-12 m this year, versus last season, to meet FFP. How does anyone who think we do this? Add another 0 to everyone’s ST value? We have to sell and release.

Freeman sold for 5m.
Even if our trading on the out of contract market (released vs signed) delivers us a saving of £50k per week, that’s just £2.6m
So, still 4.4m to find. Simply to meet FFP.

Furlong brings in £2m.
You get an idea what Luongo will go for now?!

This is the FFP reality. If I can work out our rough FFP position, so can other clubs with full time employees paid to do it!

As i’ve said before, they know, and we know, we have no leverage to negotiate. It’s not LF or LH doing a poor job, it’s basic negotiating. You are hamstrung.

With both Freeman and Furlong we’ve rejected initial offers and increased the sale price, but when you have no leverage because the financial noose is around your neck, there is little more you can do.

I’m genuinely sad Furlong is going. But this isn’t a reflection of the board doing a bad job, it’s a reflection of our financial situation and the financial reality we’ve faced since ‘Arry left and we were relegated with a £70m wage bill. Failing FFP guarantees relegation and puts in doubt the entire future of the club.

IF, and it’s a big IF, we stay up, we’re actually well placed to compete next year, because we’ll have wriggle room when others do not. The market price we’ll drop and we’ll be one of the few with options.

If we go down, our revenue will decrease by practically nothing, and we’ll still be positioned to compete in the Champ in the long run; it’ll just be rubbish to be in the League One nonsense.

But this is all the more reason why the club and the players this year, especially the young lads like Eze, BOS, Chair need your support. This is the nadir year. The whole FFP bullsh*t. The whole fcking league against us. This is where we, as supporters, have to shine through and back them to them hilt. Fcuk FFP. Fcuk Shaun Harvey. Fcuk the league. If we can stay up this year we will bounce back.

But it will be bloody tough, I grant you.

Good post mate but i think on the whole our board have done a god awful job! Ill take Les and Hoos outta that as they came into this mess! But the people above them should hang their collective heads in shame as they have been basically shite.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

furlong on 22:13 - Jul 22 with 2969 viewsLblock

I hear this about a nadir year and everything will be rosey afterwards with everyone else behind us and having to comply

Really?

Already multiple clubs are finding workarounds, what if they do away with FFP altogether or even tighten the rules even harder?

I have zero trust in those in charge / ownership getting anything right. They’ve proved their ability countless times in the past, continue to do so and will I’m sure continue in the future

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

furlong on 22:15 - Jul 22 with 2967 viewscolinallcars

furlong on 22:05 - Jul 22 by paulparker

Sorry it’s a terrible price , not a dig at you but if he so Sh1t why are WBA signing him
This time next year they will more than likely be a prem team meaning furlong could be worth double if not more ,

It's not a great price but welcome to the Brave New World of FFP and P&S. Absolutely every player is for sale. I don't like it either. Remember when being a football fan was just about the game ? Now we all have to be financial experts too. It stinks.
furlong on 23:36 - Jul 22 with 2807 viewsdigswellhoop

might as well give up do we need to sell young players
we need a secure base to the club
furlong on 23:49 - Jul 22 with 2776 viewsDavieQPR

Without Hoos or Ferdinand we would be another Bury or Bolton At long last some people are beginning to recognise this. Unfortunately there are still a few dinosaurs left. Any team without parachute payments are struggling.
furlong on 23:50 - Jul 22 with 2772 viewsbob566

There's a term for this I remember from biz org in school. Asset stripping. Just say no. Make furlong our cpt. Tell WBA to feck off. Give him a better contract. Play him alongside the Liverpool lad and build a centre pairing even if it means relegation. He's an asset. His dad's at the club. Rather have FFP than a firesale. 2M. Joke of an offer
furlong on 00:18 - Jul 23 with 2721 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

furlong on 23:50 - Jul 22 by bob566

There's a term for this I remember from biz org in school. Asset stripping. Just say no. Make furlong our cpt. Tell WBA to feck off. Give him a better contract. Play him alongside the Liverpool lad and build a centre pairing even if it means relegation. He's an asset. His dad's at the club. Rather have FFP than a firesale. 2M. Joke of an offer

So to clarify. You want to build a team around a central defense consisting of a player who doesn't want to be a centre back and a young prospect coming back from serious injury who's never played at first team level for anybody?

Reckon we might need all those goalies after all!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

furlong on 00:21 - Jul 23 with 2715 viewsbob566

furlong on 00:18 - Jul 23 by CliveWilsonSaid

So to clarify. You want to build a team around a central defense consisting of a player who doesn't want to be a centre back and a young prospect coming back from serious injury who's never played at first team level for anybody?

Reckon we might need all those goalies after all!

Yes I do. Like my post said even if it means relegation
furlong on 00:33 - Jul 23 with 2686 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

furlong on 00:21 - Jul 23 by bob566

Fair enough. I'm not afraid for relegation either but I hope if we do go down we put up more of a fight than that

Poll: Expectations for this season?

furlong on 00:47 - Jul 23 with 2662 viewsWestbourneR

I like him and love that he’s Rangers through and through

But the honest truth is he’s stagnated as a player and stopped improving. Particularly going forward where is game just hasn’t kicked on as I hoped. And he’s not a centre back for me

So I’d say £2mill plus sell clauses is probably an offer we’ve got to accept

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

furlong on 01:40 - Jul 23 with 2625 viewstimcocking

Any time i'm moaning, it's not going to be at the board really, it's at the awful state that 'ffp' and modern football blah blah has left everything.

The latest appears that we're selling Furlong for effectively nothing and swapping him for a season long Chelsea loanee? There are so many things i dislike about this i could write an essay on it.
furlong on 10:29 - Jul 23 with 2219 viewsQPR_John

furlong on 00:21 - Jul 23 by bob566

Plus a points deduction for breaking FFP?????
furlong on 10:44 - Jul 23 with 2171 viewsbob566

furlong on 10:29 - Jul 23 by QPR_John

Plus a points deduction for breaking FFP?????

if needs be. I can't think of another club apart from ourselves who have been more compliant about FFP. Everyone else around it flaunts it and finds clever ways around it. We paid the money back unlike everyone else. It seems this FFP sword of damacles has been over our heads for a long time now.

We need to stand tough on transfer fees.

Sick of s***y low fees with crappy add ons.
furlong on 10:45 - Jul 23 with 2155 viewsAntti_Heinola

furlong on 10:44 - Jul 23 by bob566

if needs be. I can't think of another club apart from ourselves who have been more compliant about FFP. Everyone else around it flaunts it and finds clever ways around it. We paid the money back unlike everyone else. It seems this FFP sword of damacles has been over our heads for a long time now.

We need to stand tough on transfer fees.

Sick of s***y low fees with crappy add ons.

Most clubs conform to it I think. Preston, Brentford, Millwall, Sheff U - it's only really Derby and Villa and Sheff Wed who have been tricky isn't it?

Bare bones.

furlong on 11:28 - Jul 23 with 2058 viewsCamberleyR

furlong on 10:45 - Jul 23 by Antti_Heinola

Most clubs conform to it I think. Preston, Brentford, Millwall, Sheff U - it's only really Derby and Villa and Sheff Wed who have been tricky isn't it?

"it's only really Derby and Villa and Sheff Wed who have been tricky isn't it?"

Birmingham, Nottingham Forest. And Wolves took the absolute piss a couple of seasons ago but the gamble paid off as they signed good players and had a very good manager.

Edit: Ah, unless by tricky you mean selling their stadium/training grounds/grandmothers to get round it.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 11:33]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

furlong on 11:35 - Jul 23 with 2028 viewsmcqpr10

Torn on this. Sad to see him go but we definitely overate rate him because of being a youth graduate and his father's history.

If we signed a player with no history with us, and he played as Darnell has over the last few years i'm not so sure we would be unhappy to take 2mill.

Has he been that much better than Bidwell? Hardly anyone was bothered he went as we have to players now who can probably do as good or an even better job in Wallace and Manning.
furlong on 11:45 - Jul 23 with 1989 viewsAntti_Heinola

furlong on 11:28 - Jul 23 by CamberleyR

Birmingham, Nottingham Forest. And Wolves took the absolute piss a couple of seasons ago but the gamble paid off as they signed good players and had a very good manager.

Edit: Ah, unless by tricky you mean selling their stadium/training grounds/grandmothers to get round it.

Birmingham just had a 12 point deduction (meaningless as it was!), but yes, the ground thing was what i meant.
Still, most clubs do stick to it. We're not the only ones by a long chalk.

Bare bones.

furlong on 14:19 - Jul 23 with 1775 viewsloftus77

furlong on 11:28 - Jul 23 by CamberleyR

I know what you mean. I think the sad fact is that the rules changed (2015 onwards??) and the majority of Championship clubs broke the 'new' rules which were much less punitive. This, as I understand it, formed the basis of our case with the Football League.

But we couldn't get around the fact that we knowingly (and completely, brazenly) broke the FFP rules as they were at the time (2013-14).

Now we could, as some have suggested, tell the League to f**k off again, open a Mittal 'war chest' and blaze a kamikaze-style path toward the Premier League a la Wolves. But Wolves have infrastructure (stadium, scouting, manager, owners) that we don't yet possess. For us it would just end in disaster again.

So I salute the Board for being sensible - but also its simply the only option they have to secure a future for the club.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 14:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024