Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
furlong 10:33 - Jul 22 with 36960 viewsLowerloftLad

looks like he could be going to west brom for a fee of 1.5mill didnt see that deal on the cards

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

furlong on 15:29 - Jul 22 with 3679 viewsFDC

furlong on 15:20 - Jul 22 by QPR_John

Of course loans, assuming we are not paying ridiculous loan fees, do not generate a transfer fee in the outgoings column.

Understood, but maybe it is the case that, due to this being the last season in which the Really Bad One is a factor in FFP calculations, this season the numbers dictate that the balance of transfer fees in and out is particularly restricted, which means we have to rely on loans regardless of the losses in future income from transfer fees that that entails. Imperfect solution of course, but they all are.

(I have no idea whether this is the case, just agreeing with the post above that suggested it as an explanation for the transfer strategy we're seeing)
furlong on 15:30 - Jul 22 with 3663 viewsElHoop

furlong on 15:13 - Jul 22 by QPR_John

As far as I know having a shite board is not something that FFP penalise. Keeping the club out of the hands of the FL vultures is surely the first priority of the board and without an increase in income how else can it be done other than selling players. The board have no option they cannot finance the club themselves so what do you want them to do. Loan players are a short term solution I agree but that is where we are. The rediculous three year cycle gives no leeway to build a team or to build up the value in the playing staff.

Well in reality it's exactly what they penalise in fact isn't it? If we sell everything valuable that isn't nailed to the floor and go down - are you going to come on here and say that ii doesn't matter, we would have gone down anyway via a points deduction?

I'll be surprised if WBA don't end up using Furlong at CB and he ends up being worth a lot more than this.

I would have kept Furlong at that price. I'd have built the side around Eze and have tried to ramp up his stats so that he looks like a £10m plus player. Maybe that's what we're doing, who knows? I doubt it though.
furlong on 15:35 - Jul 22 with 3614 viewsjonno

furlong on 14:14 - Jul 22 by QPR_John

Let's be fair for the sake of argument and say FFP was bought in to protect clubs from debt.

The first mistake then was to penalise clubs for going into debt by putting them further in debt.

The second mistake was to ignore what it was supposedly bought in for. Owners should have been allowed to put in whatever they liked as long no debt was inflicted on the club.

The third was bringing it in without any transition period ( now that's a word we have heard a lot of recently )

But were there mistakes. Maybe FFP is applied as it was intended. It is certainly ensured there are a few clubs who do not fear being challenged

Edit: Just read this back interpreted text has a lot to answer for

Edit: with all the talk of the three year cycle there you have another mistake. It's possible under that scheme to be penalised three years on the trot for exceeding £39M in one year.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 14:32]

Well, the circumstances we found ourselves in are almost certainly down to FFP exclusively. You can argue that the board have run the club badly, but they have not loaded the debts they caused onto the club as far as I can see. They would have provided more funds again over the last couple of years - which may well have also been wasted, but maybe not - but for FFP. Now they can't. In my view, FFP was brought in for one main reason - to keep the small clubs small and the big clubs big. Those big established clubs had the nightmare scenario of the Jack Walker situation at Blackburn many years ago; rich man provides a small club with the financial clout to compete with the big boys and wins the league. And it's typical of Rangers that when we are one of those few small clubs with very rich owners who would still have apparently been prepared to bankroll the club not only are they no longer allowed to, but we are being punished due to them doing it in previous years. We're a small club, and we need to know our place appears to be the intention. As for the rolling three year thing - surely you can only be punished once for it? If you exceed the £39 million in one season, you get punished. The following year you should be starting from zero again with a new three year rolling period.
furlong on 15:36 - Jul 22 with 3604 viewsRangersw12

2 million plus add ons then. Still not over the moon but better price than first thought
furlong on 15:50 - Jul 22 with 3488 viewsDejR_vu

furlong on 15:35 - Jul 22 by jonno

Well, the circumstances we found ourselves in are almost certainly down to FFP exclusively. You can argue that the board have run the club badly, but they have not loaded the debts they caused onto the club as far as I can see. They would have provided more funds again over the last couple of years - which may well have also been wasted, but maybe not - but for FFP. Now they can't. In my view, FFP was brought in for one main reason - to keep the small clubs small and the big clubs big. Those big established clubs had the nightmare scenario of the Jack Walker situation at Blackburn many years ago; rich man provides a small club with the financial clout to compete with the big boys and wins the league. And it's typical of Rangers that when we are one of those few small clubs with very rich owners who would still have apparently been prepared to bankroll the club not only are they no longer allowed to, but we are being punished due to them doing it in previous years. We're a small club, and we need to know our place appears to be the intention. As for the rolling three year thing - surely you can only be punished once for it? If you exceed the £39 million in one season, you get punished. The following year you should be starting from zero again with a new three year rolling period.

I don’t buy this line about the owners being prepared to put more in if they were allowed. They’re allowed to spend money to build a training ground, but where is it? The land cost them nothing, we’ve had no updates. This from owners who, if they’re good at anything, it’s PR and spin. With all the bad news, if there was good news on the training ground, it would be everywhere, surely?

It looks more to me that they’ve had enough and are just hanging on hoping to do a property deal to recoup some of their losses.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

furlong on 16:01 - Jul 22 with 3411 viewsolderR

Eze is the golden egg, the only one with the ability to make a large increase in his value, though we didn't see much last season.
I think sales this year are hopefully to enable us to keep him another season.

Anyway every player we currently sell goes for the same fee - undisclosed.
furlong on 16:06 - Jul 22 with 3380 viewsCamberleyR

furlong on 15:50 - Jul 22 by DejR_vu

I don’t buy this line about the owners being prepared to put more in if they were allowed. They’re allowed to spend money to build a training ground, but where is it? The land cost them nothing, we’ve had no updates. This from owners who, if they’re good at anything, it’s PR and spin. With all the bad news, if there was good news on the training ground, it would be everywhere, surely?

It looks more to me that they’ve had enough and are just hanging on hoping to do a property deal to recoup some of their losses.

Skylarks

http://www.shepherdsbushw12.com/default.asp?section=info&page=qpr1905.htm

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

furlong on 16:06 - Jul 22 with 3379 viewsconnell10

Totally agree mate they have run our club appallingly!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

furlong on 16:14 - Jul 22 with 3323 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This 1000x

QPR paid for itself by exposing Air Asia to the East Asian market when it was in the premiership so they coughed up for players who we dare not name because it was worth it.

You can’t blame lack of investment in hard facilities on FFP because expenditure on those facilities is exempt.

Now I’m wondering, what’s in it for those merry band of property developers?
furlong on 16:37 - Jul 22 with 3182 viewsellersliehoop

furlong on 11:42 - Jul 22 by dannyblue

This transfer news saddens me. He's been with us a long time and comes across well. Like everyone I'd like to see him stick around for years, preferably as centre back.

But, whisper it, I don't actually think he's very good. He's a great athlete, but he doesn't have much with the ball at his feet, and his defending is average at best.

Trying to be reasoned about it, selling him proves the model. Helps us recruit other youngsters as they can see they can get a move on from us. We should be able to negotiate significant sell ons. The risk, as pointed out, that we loose a voice in the dressing room with a connection to the club and perhaps we'll see how important that is in yet another season of turmoil.

He isn't very good, he really isn't. If his name was something other than Furlong....

Not everyone we develop will turn out to be a great player. Take the £2m and move on
furlong on 16:42 - Jul 22 with 3150 viewsellersliehoop

This has Cole Kpekawa written all over it again. People were pissed off when he went to Barnsley a few years back

Since then he's slipped ever further down the football ladder
furlong on 16:58 - Jul 22 with 3054 viewsQPR_John

furlong on 16:14 - Jul 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

This 1000x

QPR paid for itself by exposing Air Asia to the East Asian market when it was in the premiership so they coughed up for players who we dare not name because it was worth it.

You can’t blame lack of investment in hard facilities on FFP because expenditure on those facilities is exempt.

Now I’m wondering, what’s in it for those merry band of property developers?

Your last line is very illuminating
furlong on 17:23 - Jul 22 with 2953 views18StoneOfHoop

furlong on 11:09 - Jul 22 by QPR_John

I do not think it is simply the current situation. FFP has made it necessary for every player to be available at any time. Not only that we will have to accept whatever is offered so that we do not fail FFP it is as simple as that. This club currently does not generate enough income without player sales. We sell players so cannot compete or we don't sell and get a points deduction as a penalty. In a few years time there will be a two tier closed shop Premier League and FFP will have done what it was designed to do

The implication of that astute analysis John, logically is the board both Malaysians and Mittal should get out now. There is no possible realistic successful progressive model post FFP and parachute payment termination.

*sigh*

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

furlong on 17:32 - Jul 22 with 2905 viewspaulparker

furlong on 15:17 - Jul 22 by spencer

The next batch ?
Well Freeman was bought in...sold on
Loungo same.( if he goes)… Er...Darnell is the only real one that's come through.

What surprises me, is the uproar on here and other boards. He got a bit of a panning from many fans last year. Better at Centre half than right back ( IMO)..

We have Manning /Eze / Bright/ Chair/ Lumley … Surprised no one has taken a punt at Eze..who also constantly gets barracked by QPR fans as lazy.

Manning was great, then got sent to out on loan...uproar...came back and....didn't really set the place on fire...uproar( he is sh.t ) settled back in and looking a half decent player.

Lets face it ….last year, without Freeman and Cameron when he stayed fit..maybe Toni L..who else would you keep / have kept. ?
Fans were all over the team squad etc...maybe a clean sweep and start again is the best answer.
Don't get me wrong...i'm not over the moon....but financially as a club... we fuc.ed up and pay the price.
Bosingwa FFS how much was he on ? x all the other overpaid sh.t we had ?
It's where we are ...

I get the selling that’s not the problem it’s the fee , a 23 year old right back/centre back who has played in the championship for around 3 seasons could be sold for not even 2 million
James at Luton has only played at league one level is 6 million from Luton we didn’t even get 6 million for freeman , even Bolton got over 6 for Gary sodding Madine

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

furlong on 17:38 - Jul 22 with 2879 viewsqpr1976

furlong on 17:32 - Jul 22 by paulparker

I get the selling that’s not the problem it’s the fee , a 23 year old right back/centre back who has played in the championship for around 3 seasons could be sold for not even 2 million
James at Luton has only played at league one level is 6 million from Luton we didn’t even get 6 million for freeman , even Bolton got over 6 for Gary sodding Madine

And the ages of those you refer to ?
Luton have sold both their full backs for £10m, £6m & £4m but both are much younger.
Freeman is old in comparison, even Furlong at 23 is no spring chicken.
Prime used to be 27/28, it’s probably 23/24 now, do you need to be younger than tgat to attrach big money regards potential.
furlong on 17:42 - Jul 22 with 2860 viewsessextaxiboy

furlong on 11:42 - Jul 22 by Antti_Heinola

i think the answer is that some people like him and don't want him to go cheap.

I like him and didnt want him to go at all . Luongo , Freeman etc have been round the block a bit but this seems like selling the future ... gutted
furlong on 18:09 - Jul 22 with 2759 viewssimmo

furlong on 17:32 - Jul 22 by paulparker

Things like Madine are anomalies, more than likely based on outside parties making money...

James at Luton isn't being bought for what he is, it's for what he can be. Furlong is more experienced and proven now, but may have less of a chance to become very good. I like Furs, but unless he moves to CB I can't see him getting loads better, he's probably playing fairly close to his potential.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

furlong on 18:15 - Jul 22 with 2726 viewsQPR_John

furlong on 17:23 - Jul 22 by 18StoneOfHoop

The implication of that astute analysis John, logically is the board both Malaysians and Mittal should get out now. There is no possible realistic successful progressive model post FFP and parachute payment termination.

*sigh*

The only possible way of breaking this vicious circle is a new ground but then it is possible the FL will bring in a new rule where non football income is not counted as income for FFP purposes
furlong on 18:20 - Jul 22 with 2690 viewsbarbicanranger

It's hard to lose a player that you know understands the club and what it means to the fans. That for me is the biggest loss with Furlong Jr. In another era under correct owner management this would be a young man who could have been coached and raised to be a captain and versatile defender for us.
furlong on 18:30 - Jul 22 with 2656 viewsBasingstokeR

furlong on 17:38 - Jul 22 by qpr1976

And the ages of those you refer to ?
Luton have sold both their full backs for £10m, £6m & £4m but both are much younger.
Freeman is old in comparison, even Furlong at 23 is no spring chicken.
Prime used to be 27/28, it’s probably 23/24 now, do you need to be younger than tgat to attrach big money regards potential.

Jack Stacey is 23 sold for £4m, not “much younger” he’s the same age with a similar amount of professional apps at a lower level.
furlong on 19:03 - Jul 22 with 2540 viewsAntti_Heinola

furlong on 18:30 - Jul 22 by BasingstokeR

Jack Stacey is 23 sold for £4m, not “much younger” he’s the same age with a similar amount of professional apps at a lower level.

maybe he's just a better player? Also, an established prem club will pay a premium. Bournemouth spunked £20m on Solanke ffs.

Bare bones.

furlong on 19:33 - Jul 22 with 2429 viewsHunterhoop

My two penny’s worth.

I like Furlong. I rate him as a decent Championship RB and CB. I think he has room to develop (how much is up to debate). And, as others have stated, he had a connection to the club and I believe genuinely cared. He was future club captain material.

£2m plus add ons is more than I thought we’d get for him at this point in time though. Albeit, i’d love more.

And here is the point, this year is the nadir of FFP. We are fcked by it. This is not on LF or LH. Furlong is the model. Youth team, develop, first team for a couple of years, sell.

Based on all known evidence we have to find £11-12 m this year, versus last season, to meet FFP. How does anyone who think we do this? Add another 0 to everyone’s ST value? We have to sell and release.

Freeman sold for 5m.
Even if our trading on the out of contract market (released vs signed) delivers us a saving of £50k per week, that’s just £2.6m
So, still 4.4m to find. Simply to meet FFP.

Furlong brings in £2m.
You get an idea what Luongo will go for now?!

This is the FFP reality. If I can work out our rough FFP position, so can other clubs with full time employees paid to do it!

As i’ve said before, they know, and we know, we have no leverage to negotiate. It’s not LF or LH doing a poor job, it’s basic negotiating. You are hamstrung.

With both Freeman and Furlong we’ve rejected initial offers and increased the sale price, but when you have no leverage because the financial noose is around your neck, there is little more you can do.

I’m genuinely sad Furlong is going. But this isn’t a reflection of the board doing a bad job, it’s a reflection of our financial situation and the financial reality we’ve faced since ‘Arry left and we were relegated with a £70m wage bill. Failing FFP guarantees relegation and puts in doubt the entire future of the club.

IF, and it’s a big IF, we stay up, we’re actually well placed to compete next year, because we’ll have wriggle room when others do not. The market price we’ll drop and we’ll be one of the few with options.

If we go down, our revenue will decrease by practically nothing, and we’ll still be positioned to compete in the Champ in the long run; it’ll just be rubbish to be in the League One nonsense.

But this is all the more reason why the club and the players this year, especially the young lads like Eze, BOS, Chair need your support. This is the nadir year. The whole FFP bullsh*t. The whole fcking league against us. This is where we, as supporters, have to shine through and back them to them hilt. Fcuk FFP. Fcuk Shaun Harvey. Fcuk the league. If we can stay up this year we will bounce back.

But it will be bloody tough, I grant you.
furlong on 20:17 - Jul 22 with 2255 viewsElHoop

furlong on 19:33 - Jul 22 by Hunterhoop

My two penny’s worth.

I like Furlong. I rate him as a decent Championship RB and CB. I think he has room to develop (how much is up to debate). And, as others have stated, he had a connection to the club and I believe genuinely cared. He was future club captain material.

£2m plus add ons is more than I thought we’d get for him at this point in time though. Albeit, i’d love more.

And here is the point, this year is the nadir of FFP. We are fcked by it. This is not on LF or LH. Furlong is the model. Youth team, develop, first team for a couple of years, sell.

Based on all known evidence we have to find £11-12 m this year, versus last season, to meet FFP. How does anyone who think we do this? Add another 0 to everyone’s ST value? We have to sell and release.

Freeman sold for 5m.
Even if our trading on the out of contract market (released vs signed) delivers us a saving of £50k per week, that’s just £2.6m

Furlong brings in £2m.

This is the FFP reality. If I can work out our rough FFP position, so can other clubs with full time employees paid to do it!

As i’ve said before, they know, and we know, we have no leverage to negotiate. It’s not LF or LH doing a poor job, it’s basic negotiating. You are hamstrung.

With both Freeman and Furlong we’ve rejected initial offers and increased the sale price, but when you have no leverage because the financial noose is around your neck, there is little more you can do.

I’m genuinely sad Furlong is going. But this isn’t a reflection of the board doing a bad job, it’s a reflection of our financial situation and the financial reality we’ve faced since ‘Arry left and we were relegated with a £70m wage bill. Failing FFP guarantees relegation and puts in doubt the entire future of the club.

IF, and it’s a big IF, we stay up, we’re actually well placed to compete next year, because we’ll have wriggle room when others do not. The market price we’ll drop and we’ll be one of the few with options.

If we go down, our revenue will decrease by practically nothing, and we’ll still be positioned to compete in the Champ in the long run; it’ll just be rubbish to be in the League One nonsense.

But this is all the more reason why the club and the players this year, especially the young lads like Eze, BOS, Chair need your support. This is the nadir year. The whole FFP bullsh*t. The whole fcking league against us. This is where we, as supporters, have to shine through and back them to them hilt. Fcuk FFP. Fcuk Shaun Harvey. Fcuk the league. If we can stay up this year we will bounce back.

'I’m genuinely sad Furlong is going. But this isn’t a reflection of the board doing a bad job, it’s a reflection of our financial situation and the financial reality we’ve faced since ‘Arry left and we were relegated with a £70m wage bill. Failing FFP guarantees relegation and puts in doubt the entire future of the club. '

God forbid that the board ever gets around to doing a bad job for us then!
furlong on 20:19 - Jul 22 with 2252 viewsStanisgod

My two penny’s worth.

Freeman sold for 5m.

Furlong brings in £2m.

Superb post.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

furlong on 20:36 - Jul 22 with 2182 viewskropotkin41

My two penny’s worth.

Freeman sold for 5m.

Furlong brings in £2m.

Reasons for optimism here, and reasoned argument. Excellent stuff. Come on U Rs.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024