Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
furlong 10:33 - Jul 22 with 36961 viewsLowerloftLad

looks like he could be going to west brom for a fee of 1.5mill didnt see that deal on the cards

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

furlong on 14:15 - Jul 22 with 2453 viewsMatch82

furlong on 13:53 - Jul 22 by paulparker

Yep I think this is the season we will go
I don’t know what the strategy is at Rangers the latest brainwave is a fire sale of our better players and loan in a bunch of kids from reserve teams , so what happens next season then and the season after that if all we are do is loaning, I thought Les said a while back that we buy cheap and sell them on has that gone out of the window ?

"Les said a while back that we buy cheap and sell them on has that gone out of the window ?"

To be fair that's literally what we did with Smithies, Freeman and are trying to do with Luongo
furlong on 14:17 - Jul 22 with 2424 viewsNorthernr

furlong on 14:15 - Jul 22 by Match82

"Les said a while back that we buy cheap and sell them on has that gone out of the window ?"

To be fair that's literally what we did with Smithies, Freeman and are trying to do with Luongo

But where's the next batch?
We seem to be selling the ones we own and loaning their replacements.
Of the players we've brought in this summer, Wallace, Rangel, Cameron, Amos, Smith have zero sell on value. Ball, Barbet... bit of a stretch. Liam Kelly is the only one who poentially fits with this.
furlong on 14:19 - Jul 22 with 2410 viewsWatford_Ranger

furlong on 13:50 - Jul 22 by FDC

Financial factors aside, having grown up watching the team that had Furlong Snr in it, having Furlong Jnr in the team always made me feel like QPR weren't too far off track, like part of the soul of the club was was intact. Daft I know, but I'll be really sad if he leaves.

Not daft at all mate. If he was poor and went to a league below then fair enough but he seems to be rated highly everywhere but here. This would be far less bearable than losing Freeman, at least for me, especially with the prospect of Hall as first choice.
furlong on 14:19 - Jul 22 with 2410 viewsDavieQPR

Continuous 3 yr cycle. Last time I heard anything we were just within limits but the loss of the final parachute payment would have put us over. At least we are ahead of the game for once as there are going to be quite a few clubs having a fire sale at the end of the season.
furlong on 14:31 - Jul 22 with 2324 viewsdaveB

furlong on 14:03 - Jul 22 by stevec

Think Les strategy just doesn't work.

Doesn't matter who you bring through, if you're a relegation scrapper year after year you'll never sell your young players for big bucks.

Agree, this season has all the makings of an Ipswich. The only hope I have is Warburton is attracting young loan players from clubs who wouldn't have given us the time of day in recent times, they simply wouldn't have risked them with the football played under JFH, Holloway or McClaren.

nothing wrong with the idea of developing players, getting them int he first team and selling them. It's the only route we can take to be honest with our income.

Key is always going to be how you replace the outgoing players, i'm more concerned about that than Furlong going.
furlong on 14:33 - Jul 22 with 2310 viewsdaveB

furlong on 14:17 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Of the players we've brought in this summer, Wallace, Rangel, Cameron, Amos, Smith have zero sell on value. Ball, Barbet... bit of a stretch. Liam Kelly is the only one who poentially fits with this.

playing devils advocate we do have Chair, Eze, Bright and Lumley so imagine plan is for one of them to have a good season and be sold on but it looks less promising than it all did 18 months ago
furlong on 14:43 - Jul 22 with 2237 viewsElHoop

furlong on 12:37 - Jul 22 by francisbowles

and if we keep them and fail profit and sustainability, then we get a points deduction and the r word is even more likely!

If i felt that the owners were getting the losses right down because they intend to sell the club in the next year or two, I would agree with you. That would make the club attractive to someone who had a clue.

There is simply no evidence that this lot have a semblance of a clue as to what is the right way to run the club. If we go down then presumably we'll be subject to even more ridiculous FFP rules compared to the current ones, so everything and everyone will have to go out of the door again.

Last season was the first one in ages when I would go along to W12 and recognise most of the players and know what they could do. It was enjoyable to have that sense of familiarity again. We weren't very good, but I think that there was enough unity ability and spirit in the squad and that kept us up.

How much of that unity, ability and spirit do we retain? We've surely lost too much of it to do as well as we did last time? On paper we look too inexperienced, lightweight and injury prone. Maybe they've got something good up their sleeves before the season starts. All of the good sides I can think of were built by gradual acquisition and improvement over a number of seasons. Without that basic approach we can't improve with or without FFP. For me it's not a question of beating FFP, it's a question of survival as a viable football club. Surely we could be viable and avoid another FFP penalty - you seem to disagree? I think that most people will think that if we fail on FFP again, then it's because the board is shite, not because we didn't sell Furlong for £1.5m.
furlong on 14:49 - Jul 22 with 2197 viewswombat

furlong on 10:56 - Jul 22 by WadR

I'm not a huge fan of Furlong but this seems like a poor decision and I'm confused by Warburton's general squad building.

2 weeks to go until the season starts, less than 3 weeks until the window closes and we're getting rid of a 23 year old youth product who is under contract, an excellent professional and plays in a position we're not that strong in.

What's the plan now? Having Rangel as first choice with only Kakay as back up seems foolish considering Rangel's age and his lack of pace being exposed in the Warburton system.

Meanwhile we're seemingly desperate to bring in 34 year old, expensive, injury prone Geoff Cameron to compete for either a CM spot where we already have Amos, Smith, Scowen, Ball, Manning + the ostracised Luongo, or CB where we already have Hall, Barbet, Leistner, Masterson, Ball.

seems warburton has a cunning plan at right back , yep ring in somebody from Chelsea on loan to replace furlong .telegraph are reporting that dujon sterling coming in . so furlong gone kakay not fancied it seems at right back so far.

what is the max amount of loans you can play in a game ?
way its looking we will maxout on loanees add ranger maybe Cameron on one year deals , rest made up or own players so maybe 5 in the first team plus subs

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

furlong on 14:51 - Jul 22 with 2183 viewsbob566

we could do worse than take a chance on this guy. Was watching him play for Ireland on the weekend. They're through to the semi finals of the Euro u19s. He was released by Southampton last season and is unattached. Big strong guy leads the line well.

https://www.the42.ie/jonathan-afolabi-interview-4698504-Jun2019/
furlong on 14:58 - Jul 22 with 2132 viewsRBlock

furlong on 14:33 - Jul 22 by daveB

playing devils advocate we do have Chair, Eze, Bright and Lumley so imagine plan is for one of them to have a good season and be sold on but it looks less promising than it all did 18 months ago

To add to that, we did bring in Masterson who may also go that way. Also, it was acknowledged earlier in this thread that next summer the 'really bad year' drops off the rolling calculation, meaning that we have more room to invest in the cheap players. Just got to survive this season, and scrape under FFP. This time next year we'll be millionaires Clive.
furlong on 15:02 - Jul 22 with 2090 viewsNorthernr

furlong on 14:58 - Jul 22 by RBlock

To add to that, we did bring in Masterson who may also go that way. Also, it was acknowledged earlier in this thread that next summer the 'really bad year' drops off the rolling calculation, meaning that we have more room to invest in the cheap players. Just got to survive this season, and scrape under FFP. This time next year we'll be millionaires Clive.

Ah Masterson, fair, forgot him.
furlong on 15:04 - Jul 22 with 2082 viewswombat

that's n concern clive a tea full or loanees this season means next summer its a brand new team needed if we lose chair . eze even scowen , leister dosnt seem to fit warburton pre season plans so wouldn't be suppirsed to see him out of the door before august either , stock up on the peroni for away games mate its gonna be needed

Poll: which is your favouite foot

furlong on 15:05 - Jul 22 with 2073 viewsDorse

You've nailed it there, for me. I can understand signing Masterson and Kelly: both have a good chance of realising some form of medium term profit. But Rangel and Cameron? I understand the need to have a mix of youth and experience but Rangel, for all his positives, played too many opposition forwards onside last season. Cameron was out injured for a large part of last season.

I watched 'Moneyball' the other day, and I've got a terrible feeling that I am watching it again. There is presumably a spreadsheet somewhere that says Rangel has some form of superpower and Cameron has rushed more 3rd quarter yards than any other defensive midcentrefieldsman in regular-season play but that still doesn't alter the fact that both are outside the club's long-term strategy.

Let's see what the spreadsheet throws up with regard to the strikers. Presumably a one-legged, 49 year old who was released by The Dog & Hammer's Veterans B-team due to excessive back hair.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 15:06]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

furlong on 15:13 - Jul 22 with 2012 viewsCamberleyR

Re Cameron, have I missed something here? As far as I can see he's still a Stoke player?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

furlong on 15:13 - Jul 22 with 2011 viewsNW10Hoop

furlong on 15:05 - Jul 22 by Dorse

You've nailed it there, for me. I can understand signing Masterson and Kelly: both have a good chance of realising some form of medium term profit. But Rangel and Cameron? I understand the need to have a mix of youth and experience but Rangel, for all his positives, played too many opposition forwards onside last season. Cameron was out injured for a large part of last season.

I watched 'Moneyball' the other day, and I've got a terrible feeling that I am watching it again. There is presumably a spreadsheet somewhere that says Rangel has some form of superpower and Cameron has rushed more 3rd quarter yards than any other defensive midcentrefieldsman in regular-season play but that still doesn't alter the fact that both are outside the club's long-term strategy.

Let's see what the spreadsheet throws up with regard to the strikers. Presumably a one-legged, 49 year old who was released by The Dog & Hammer's Veterans B-team due to excessive back hair.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 15:06]

Good film though
furlong on 15:13 - Jul 22 with 2009 viewsQPR_John

furlong on 14:43 - Jul 22 by ElHoop

If i felt that the owners were getting the losses right down because they intend to sell the club in the next year or two, I would agree with you. That would make the club attractive to someone who had a clue.

There is simply no evidence that this lot have a semblance of a clue as to what is the right way to run the club. If we go down then presumably we'll be subject to even more ridiculous FFP rules compared to the current ones, so everything and everyone will have to go out of the door again.

Last season was the first one in ages when I would go along to W12 and recognise most of the players and know what they could do. It was enjoyable to have that sense of familiarity again. We weren't very good, but I think that there was enough unity ability and spirit in the squad and that kept us up.

How much of that unity, ability and spirit do we retain? We've surely lost too much of it to do as well as we did last time? On paper we look too inexperienced, lightweight and injury prone. Maybe they've got something good up their sleeves before the season starts. All of the good sides I can think of were built by gradual acquisition and improvement over a number of seasons. Without that basic approach we can't improve with or without FFP. For me it's not a question of beating FFP, it's a question of survival as a viable football club. Surely we could be viable and avoid another FFP penalty - you seem to disagree? I think that most people will think that if we fail on FFP again, then it's because the board is shite, not because we didn't sell Furlong for £1.5m.

As far as I know having a shite board is not something that FFP penalise. Keeping the club out of the hands of the FL vultures is surely the first priority of the board and without an increase in income how else can it be done other than selling players. The board have no option they cannot finance the club themselves so what do you want them to do. Loan players are a short term solution I agree but that is where we are. The rediculous three year cycle gives no leeway to build a team or to build up the value in the playing staff.
furlong on 15:14 - Jul 22 with 1994 viewsQPR_John

furlong on 14:49 - Jul 22 by wombat

seems warburton has a cunning plan at right back , yep ring in somebody from Chelsea on loan to replace furlong .telegraph are reporting that dujon sterling coming in . so furlong gone kakay not fancied it seems at right back so far.

what is the max amount of loans you can play in a game ?
way its looking we will maxout on loanees add ranger maybe Cameron on one year deals , rest made up or own players so maybe 5 in the first team plus subs

I believe you can only play 5 including subs
furlong on 15:15 - Jul 22 with 1989 viewsMatch82

Yeah that's fair, they are doing the selling part of it according to plan, but not the buying part of it!
furlong on 15:15 - Jul 22 with 1986 viewsFDC

furlong on 14:58 - Jul 22 by RBlock

Yes I was thinking similar re DejR_vu's point on the previous page about this being the last season before the really bad year drops out of the three-year-death-cycle: this season there may be good reasons to rely on loans (so long as we're not paying wages that are over the odds of course).
furlong on 15:17 - Jul 22 with 1975 viewsspencer

The next batch ?
Well Freeman was bought in...sold on
Loungo same.( if he goes)… Er...Darnell is the only real one that's come through.

What surprises me, is the uproar on here and other boards. He got a bit of a panning from many fans last year. Better at Centre half than right back ( IMO)..

We have Manning /Eze / Bright/ Chair/ Lumley … Surprised no one has taken a punt at Eze..who also constantly gets barracked by QPR fans as lazy.

Manning was great, then got sent to out on loan...uproar...came back and....didn't really set the place on fire...uproar( he is sh.t ) settled back in and looking a half decent player.

Lets face it ….last year, without Freeman and Cameron when he stayed fit..maybe Toni L..who else would you keep / have kept. ?
Fans were all over the team squad etc...maybe a clean sweep and start again is the best answer.
Don't get me wrong...i'm not over the moon....but financially as a club... we fuc.ed up and pay the price.
Bosingwa FFS how much was he on ? x all the other overpaid sh.t we had ?
It's where we are ...
furlong on 15:17 - Jul 22 with 1969 viewsDejR_vu

furlong on 14:33 - Jul 22 by daveB

With our negotiating position/ability/track-record, we'll need to sell more than one. Probably all of them and we'll still be short.

This club is dying before our eyes.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

furlong on 15:18 - Jul 22 with 1959 viewsNorthernr

furlong on 15:17 - Jul 22 by spencer

The next batch ?
Well Freeman was bought in...sold on
Loungo same.( if he goes)… Er...Darnell is the only real one that's come through.

What surprises me, is the uproar on here and other boards. He got a bit of a panning from many fans last year. Better at Centre half than right back ( IMO)..

We have Manning /Eze / Bright/ Chair/ Lumley … Surprised no one has taken a punt at Eze..who also constantly gets barracked by QPR fans as lazy.

Manning was great, then got sent to out on loan...uproar...came back and....didn't really set the place on fire...uproar( he is sh.t ) settled back in and looking a half decent player.

Lets face it ….last year, without Freeman and Cameron when he stayed fit..maybe Toni L..who else would you keep / have kept. ?
Fans were all over the team squad etc...maybe a clean sweep and start again is the best answer.
Don't get me wrong...i'm not over the moon....but financially as a club... we fuc.ed up and pay the price.
Bosingwa FFS how much was he on ? x all the other overpaid sh.t we had ?
It's where we are ...

David Pleat, still involved at Spurs somewhere along the line, loves Eze and has recommended him there repeatedly.
furlong on 15:20 - Jul 22 with 1948 viewsQPR_John

furlong on 15:15 - Jul 22 by FDC

Yes I was thinking similar re DejR_vu's point on the previous page about this being the last season before the really bad year drops out of the three-year-death-cycle: this season there may be good reasons to rely on loans (so long as we're not paying wages that are over the odds of course).

Of course loans, assuming we are not paying ridiculous loan fees, do not generate a transfer fee in the outgoings column.
furlong on 15:22 - Jul 22 with 1930 viewsrsonist

furlong on 15:18 - Jul 22 by Northernr

David Pleat, still involved at Spurs somewhere along the line, loves Eze and has recommended him there repeatedly.

Pleat loves a lazy player, saves him petrol having to keep up.
furlong on 15:24 - Jul 22 with 1912 viewsdistortR

furlong on 15:18 - Jul 22 by Northernr

jeeeeeeeez, levy bartering with fernandes, I wonder how much we'll pay them to take him?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024