Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
furlong 10:33 - Jul 22 with 37081 viewsLowerloftLad

looks like he could be going to west brom for a fee of 1.5mill didnt see that deal on the cards

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

furlong on 17:57 - Jul 23 with 3075 viewsEalingHoop81

The difficulty the club have is that every player is available at the right price, they would have put in place a strategy to trim the wage bill (release lots of high earners and to sell players) whilst still being able to fight relegation. If we turn down the cash for the players we receive offers for my gut feel says we can’t afford the strikers we’ll need because strikers are hard to find and expensive. (Levy is a master at it and holds out on selling to get the best price, the problem he has is that he then doesn’t get a decent replacement in, a la Bale, Modric etc.) So that leaves the club to seriously evaluate all bids received because we haven’t got the luxury of time. If Mass had gone perhaps Darnell wouldn’t have but that’s where we are.

My take on the GK issue is that we are going to loan one keeper and sell another and so they have recruited a semi experienced keeper as back up for when presumably Lumley leaves. Clearly they can’t come out and say all this as it just weakens the already weak negotiating position even further. Of the signings so far is’s only really Ball and the keeper that seem to be an issue. I don’t have an issue with any of the others and from what I have read Ball seems to be fairly steady.

We definitely need a striker and soon and the longer this goes on the more desperate we’ll be and I expect the Furlong cash will have got us most of the way there.

Or alternatively they have al lost the plot and we’ll be starting with 3 keepers.....
furlong on 18:36 - Jul 23 with 2865 viewshoopdog

furlong on 17:23 - Jul 23 by CamberleyR

What's Holloway and Ferdinand got to do with it? Great straw man argument.

Uh what have they got to do with it , just pointed out to P P that Ollie publicly stated Les was being over ruled in his job
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 18:38]
furlong on 18:52 - Jul 23 with 2796 viewsYorkRanger

I dont really have a problem with the sale.

It fits with our model and whilst the fee is undisclosed if the rumours are true it sounds about right.

I like Furlong but In my opinion he is no world beater. He may develop and hopefully we have sell on clauses.

Replacing him with Angel and possibly a loanee whilst we develop another Furlong through the youth team is fine with me.

Overall it's the harsh reality of where we are as a football club.

Good luck to him, hope he goes on to bigger and better things
furlong on 18:59 - Jul 23 with 2759 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Already in Brom's side. Starting against Rotherham tonight.
furlong on 19:25 - Jul 23 with 2646 viewsVancouverHoop

furlong on 18:52 - Jul 23 by YorkRanger

I dont really have a problem with the sale.

It fits with our model and whilst the fee is undisclosed if the rumours are true it sounds about right.

I like Furlong but In my opinion he is no world beater. He may develop and hopefully we have sell on clauses.

Replacing him with Angel and possibly a loanee whilst we develop another Furlong through the youth team is fine with me.

Overall it's the harsh reality of where we are as a football club.

Good luck to him, hope he goes on to bigger and better things

Sadly, I agree. We desperately need to sign a striker in the next couple of weeks or so. The club's been waving Mass Luongo at everyone all Summer, but no one's bitten. So we have to sell Furlong to raise sufficient cash, which was probably nobody's preference.
furlong on 20:09 - Jul 23 with 2457 viewskensalriser

When did Smyth go and where to? Missed that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

furlong on 20:13 - Jul 23 with 2439 viewsstevec

furlong on 19:25 - Jul 23 by VancouverHoop

Sadly, I agree. We desperately need to sign a striker in the next couple of weeks or so. The club's been waving Mass Luongo at everyone all Summer, but no one's bitten. So we have to sell Furlong to raise sufficient cash, which was probably nobody's preference.

If this one and a half to two mill pays the wages of a goal scoring forward then job done.

We don’t have a ground to sell to the owner, think that happened years ago. Keep getting told, on here, we are skint so whilst I’m not entirely happy about the situation I also struggle to understand the angst on this very same message board.

The Chelsea replacement sounds like what we actually need in that department, though I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re getting cold feet regards the over reaction on Furlong. Probably why the club are keeping a low profile on the whole transaction.

The time to kick off or not should be held back until we see what they are planning up front.
furlong on 20:52 - Jul 23 with 2299 viewsElHoop

Rio speaks

Login to get fewer ads

furlong on 21:10 - Jul 23 with 2217 viewsElHoop

furlong on 21:54 - Jul 23 with 2024 viewsbosh67

Does the sale of Furlong mean we can buy another goalkeeper?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

furlong on 22:07 - Jul 23 with 1968 viewsNW10Hoop

I get it with players like Freeman - cashing in on your best player for a chance in a higher league is something that should come with the territory if we're recruiting well.

Selling Furlong, a player who hasn't been mind blowing week on week, but someone we saw potential in, means a lot to the fans and a future QPR captain feels a bit more depressing really. We're not building anything, there isn't a nucleus of a team developing over a few seasons to mount an assault on the league. We'll sell anyone for whatever we can get. Anyone half decent won't be here for more than 2 and a half seasons, and it's hard to see how we get out of that cycle.

This isn't having a pop at anyone working at the club, I feel the current FFP rules are a bit of a perfect storm for a club like ours. But still, it must be hard to shift tickets and shirts, to get kids interested when expectations are low, and most signings initially feel like a trade down.

Bit gutted really
furlong on 22:13 - Jul 23 with 1953 viewsElHoop

furlong on 22:07 - Jul 23 by NW10Hoop

I get it with players like Freeman - cashing in on your best player for a chance in a higher league is something that should come with the territory if we're recruiting well.

Selling Furlong, a player who hasn't been mind blowing week on week, but someone we saw potential in, means a lot to the fans and a future QPR captain feels a bit more depressing really. We're not building anything, there isn't a nucleus of a team developing over a few seasons to mount an assault on the league. We'll sell anyone for whatever we can get. Anyone half decent won't be here for more than 2 and a half seasons, and it's hard to see how we get out of that cycle.

This isn't having a pop at anyone working at the club, I feel the current FFP rules are a bit of a perfect storm for a club like ours. But still, it must be hard to shift tickets and shirts, to get kids interested when expectations are low, and most signings initially feel like a trade down.

Bit gutted really

I'm sharing a couple of season tickets for the first time for a few years, and was looking forward to the season starting, but right now I'm just feeling sad. The sale maybe makes sense from a business perspective but most of us get out and follow a football team to escape from business perspectives. It's getting like everything else that we go down the Bush to escape - why would you bother to keep doing that?
furlong on 22:26 - Jul 23 with 1908 viewsQPR_John

furlong on 22:13 - Jul 23 by ElHoop

I'm sharing a couple of season tickets for the first time for a few years, and was looking forward to the season starting, but right now I'm just feeling sad. The sale maybe makes sense from a business perspective but most of us get out and follow a football team to escape from business perspectives. It's getting like everything else that we go down the Bush to escape - why would you bother to keep doing that?

I'm afraid FFP has changed the landscape.
furlong on 22:27 - Jul 23 with 1905 viewsNorthernr

Great post.
furlong on 22:44 - Jul 23 with 1856 viewsextratimeR

Very sad to hear Furs on his way, one of my favourite players, appreciate realities of transfer market, but the fee is a joke, what next the floodlights ?
furlong on 22:53 - Jul 23 with 1806 viewsDejR_vu

Absolutely. It’s supposed to be fun isn’t it? It’s just hard work.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

furlong on 22:59 - Jul 23 with 1778 viewsPunteR

furlong on 20:52 - Jul 23 by ElHoop

Rio speaks

Prob got the same agent.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

furlong on 22:59 - Jul 23 with 1776 viewsbosh67

Exactly. Well said. One of the factors in my dad and I giving up our season tickets last year after 47 years.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

furlong on 23:05 - Jul 23 with 1748 viewsPunteR

Yeh ive got enough of my own financial worries without having to worry about my football clubs finances. Thanks Fernandes you utterly useless billionaire owner.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

furlong on 23:10 - Jul 23 with 1735 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

furlong on 22:07 - Jul 23 by NW10Hoop

Bit gutted really

Isn't this just the reality that most clubs/fans our size outside the Premier League have to face?

Let's say the rumoured Chelsea fullback does come to us. Who's to say that we won't end up signing him? Bristol City just signed Jay Da Silva in similar circumstances.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

furlong on 23:33 - Jul 23 with 1659 viewsEalingHoop81

furlong on 22:53 - Jul 23 by DejR_vu

Absolutely. It’s supposed to be fun isn’t it? It’s just hard work.

Come on guys it’s been hard work forevvvwerrr. It’s never been the football that keeps us coming back.

We’ve spent the last 30 years on similarly depressing situations - from Thomson selling our most loved players, to Gallen doing his cruciate, to Langley and Carlisle doing the same in the same game guaranteeing relegation, to the admin and having 8 players, 6 of whom were shit, to extra time losses in Cardiff and Langley joining them for a packet of crisps afterwards, to guns in the boardroom, 22 man brawls in friendlies, to Cook having to be sold to bloody Fulham for a pittance, to Waddock signing players barely up to semi pro level, to watching a new manager every 6 months under Briatore, to spending more money on salaries that Athletico and Dortmund during relegation and promotion seasons........ on the pitch for the vast majority of all that the football has always been pretty crap bar the odd glimmer of hope and a couple of spectacular seasons..... it’ll be all right lads, they have a cunning plan 😀
furlong on 23:42 - Jul 23 with 1617 viewsVancouverHoop

Apparently Paul Lambert revealed this evening that Alan Judge has told him he wants to go.

Probably not unconnected to the Furs transfer.
furlong on 23:49 - Jul 23 with 1595 viewsconnell10

furlong on 23:42 - Jul 23 by VancouverHoop

Apparently Paul Lambert revealed this evening that Alan Judge has told him he wants to go.

Probably not unconnected to the Furs transfer.

Another one that played under Warburton, jobs for the boys???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

furlong on 23:56 - Jul 23 with 1566 viewsdaveB

furlong on 23:49 - Jul 23 by connell10

Another one that played under Warburton, jobs for the boys???

Only Kelly and Ball from our signings have played for him before
furlong on 23:59 - Jul 23 with 1559 viewsEalingHoop81

furlong on 23:56 - Jul 23 by daveB

Only Kelly and Ball from our signings have played for him before

Surely Lee Wallace too?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024