Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
furlong 10:33 - Jul 22 with 37070 viewsLowerloftLad

looks like he could be going to west brom for a fee of 1.5mill didnt see that deal on the cards

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

furlong on 16:01 - Jul 23 with 1953 viewsridethewave

Official now
furlong on 16:02 - Jul 23 with 1937 viewsNorthernr

furlong on 16:01 - Jul 23 by ridethewave

Official now

Five line statement, no fee mentioned, nobody explaining why we've done this or saying a few nice things about a lad that's been here all his life.
furlong on 16:05 - Jul 23 with 1883 viewsRblockPrior

furlong on 16:02 - Jul 23 by Northernr

Five line statement, no fee mentioned, nobody explaining why we've done this or saying a few nice things about a lad that's been here all his life.

At least we are being transparent this window :S

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

furlong on 16:09 - Jul 23 with 1789 viewsDejR_vu

It’s hard work supporting this club.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

furlong on 16:10 - Jul 23 with 1785 viewsdaveB

I'd agree they should say a bit more than the standard 5 lines but do they need to explain why again? You've posted articles about FFP and why we need to sell this summer. Ferdinand and Hoos have both said in public the plan at the club is to develop players and sell them on.

I know it's frustrating but do they really have to come and say the same thing again
furlong on 16:10 - Jul 23 with 1784 viewsflynnbo

Good luck, Darnell.
furlong on 16:11 - Jul 23 with 1763 viewspaulparker

Because 1.5 million is a complete load of sh1te
The club is a right mess , I’ve never said a bad word about Hoos and Les but I’m seriously starting to question their logic now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

furlong on 16:11 - Jul 23 with 1759 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm sure there will be more up on the Offish soon.

Best of luck to Darnell.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

furlong on 16:13 - Jul 23 with 1736 viewsfrancisbowles

furlong on 14:19 - Jul 23 by loftus77

I know what you mean. I think the sad fact is that the rules changed (2015 onwards??) and the majority of Championship clubs broke the 'new' rules which were much less punitive. This, as I understand it, formed the basis of our case with the Football League.

But we couldn't get around the fact that we knowingly (and completely, brazenly) broke the FFP rules as they were at the time (2013-14).

Now we could, as some have suggested, tell the League to f**k off again, open a Mittal 'war chest' and blaze a kamikaze-style path toward the Premier League a la Wolves. But Wolves have infrastructure (stadium, scouting, manager, owners) that we don't yet possess. For us it would just end in disaster again.

So I salute the Board for being sensible - but also its simply the only option they have to secure a future for the club.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 14:20]

Very good grasp of reality.
furlong on 16:14 - Jul 23 with 1718 viewsridethewave

Yeah this is just poor from the club.

I'm calling this transfer window out at this stage. What is the club trying to achieve? I don't think it unreasonable to begin waving the 'fire sale' banner around now. Can we at least have an explanation?

As you correctly pointed out, the club made the point several times about how the loan market is not right for us. Now we seem to be hell-bent on operating a first teem full of youth loans with little experience, from other clubs, which flies in the face of what the higher-ups have been saying for months now. We seem to be allowing the manager to dictate many of the signings, again counter to the model the club is supposedly trying to operate. And the whole while there's been absolutely no communication to the fans.

Selling players for profit: fine. But how is replacing them with loans going to work out?

What are any of us supposed to make of this?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 16:18]
furlong on 16:14 - Jul 23 with 1706 viewsQPR_John

Cannot see why the club would want to let a player leave without a thank you as it leaves it self open to questions unless there are problems behind the scenes better left quiet.
furlong on 16:14 - Jul 23 with 1706 viewssprocket

furlong on 16:10 - Jul 23 by daveB

I'd agree they should say a bit more than the standard 5 lines but do they need to explain why again? You've posted articles about FFP and why we need to sell this summer. Ferdinand and Hoos have both said in public the plan at the club is to develop players and sell them on.

I know it's frustrating but do they really have to come and say the same thing again

No...but they do need to explain who is going to replace him. Surely the plan is not a 37 year old and a Chelsea loanee
furlong on 16:16 - Jul 23 with 1688 viewsNorthernr

I think on this one, yes. Reasons...

- He's been here a long time, and he's Paul Furlong's son. That makes it a special case, somebody should say something nice.

- The summer transfer activity, at the moment, looks absolutely wild and all over the place. Certainly way different from what was said just a few weeks ago when Warburton was appointed and was talking about five or six new faces. Somebody coming out and explaining why that's happening wouldn't go amiss.

- Yes the FFP thing has been said before, but you only need look at the sheer weight of numbers online who genuinely think people like Austin are a realistic prospect for us that it should be said over and over again until people get it through their thick heads.

- We were promised, by Warburton, new transparency. That the supporters would be kept informed, that he was a big believer in that. So far there's been very little of that.

- People are angry, even more so than normal. We've got a clutch of games coming up, not many of them attractive, that need tickets selling for them. We need people to be spending money at our club. It's just good PR isn't it? Talk to us, explain...
furlong on 16:17 - Jul 23 with 1653 viewsDejR_vu

A quote from the manager or something would have been a nice touch at least. Just something that doesn’t lump him in with everyone else given he’s our most successful youth product for decades. Doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things I suppose.

furlong on 16:19 - Jul 23 with 1627 viewsRblockPrior

furlong on 16:16 - Jul 23 by Northernr

- He's been here a long time, and he's Paul Furlong's son. That makes it a special case, somebody should say something nice.

- The summer transfer activity, at the moment, looks absolutely wild and all over the place. Certainly way different from what was said just a few weeks ago when Warburton was appointed and was talking about five or six new faces. Somebody coming out and explaining why that's happening wouldn't go amiss.

- Yes the FFP thing has been said before, but you only need look at the sheer weight of numbers online who genuinely think people like Austin are a realistic prospect for us that it should be said over and over again until people get it through their thick heads.

- We were promised, by Warburton, new transparency. That the supporters would be kept informed, that he was a big believer in that. So far there's been very little of that.

- People are angry, even more so than normal. We've got a clutch of games coming up, not many of them attractive, that need tickets selling for them. We need people to be spending money at our club. It's just good PR isn't it? Talk to us, explain...

Well said

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

furlong on 16:20 - Jul 23 with 1628 viewsjohnhoop

furlong on 16:14 - Jul 23 by sprocket

No...but they do need to explain who is going to replace him. Surely the plan is not a 37 year old and a Chelsea loanee

Can see your point but those are the two right backs we’ve got. Surely you’re not suggesting signing a third one when we don’t have a single striker of Championship standard at the club?
furlong on 16:23 - Jul 23 with 1578 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes to that but even if there is some reason why they don't want to declare their hand publicly, they could at least brief friendly reporters such as McIntyre and yourself.
furlong on 16:26 - Jul 23 with 1559 viewssprocket

furlong on 16:20 - Jul 23 by johnhoop

Can see your point but those are the two right backs we’ve got. Surely you’re not suggesting signing a third one when we don’t have a single striker of Championship standard at the club?

3 right backs. Furlong, Angel and Kakay. Selling Furlong and loaning in a Chelsea player while not using Kakay makes no sense to me. If Kakay is not good enough then sell him and buy and develop a right back.
furlong on 16:27 - Jul 23 with 1543 viewsNorthernr

furlong on 16:23 - Jul 23 by francisbowles

Yes to that but even if there is some reason why they don't want to declare their hand publicly, they could at least brief friendly reporters such as McIntyre and yourself.

To be fair, we are getting our usual summer access to the new manager and an interview for the first podcast of the season before it all kicks off, so I am going to get a chance to put some of this to him for you all then. Dave Mc, from what I hear, is being sidelined down there though because he keeps 'scooping' the official website, which is a bit mental.

Honestly, even Ferdinand or somebody saying "it looks a bit batshit now but please wait until the end of the window and judge the activity and team as a whole then, bear with us for now" and Hoos reminding us that these are the facts of FFP life wouldn't have gone amiss on this occasion.

Maybe they're going to do one of their little video interviews later. They're usually pretty hot on this sort of thing. It just looks like they're hunkered down against the world at the moment, spilling out one unpopular announcement after another just to get them all out of the way.

This post has been edited by an administrator
furlong on 16:29 - Jul 23 with 1511 viewshoopdog

furlong on 16:11 - Jul 23 by paulparker

Because 1.5 million is a complete load of sh1te
The club is a right mess , I’ve never said a bad word about Hoos and Les but I’m seriously starting to question their logic now

You might be a bit judgemental on Hoes + Les there P P , remember what Ollie said about them being over ruled ,
Warburton has been brought in to turn things around with the playing staff and bearing in mind the reason the reason he left Brentford was he was not wiilling to work under a DOF
furlong on 16:29 - Jul 23 with 1500 viewsEmpireStateRanger

furlong on 16:26 - Jul 23 by sprocket

3 right backs. Furlong, Angel and Kakay. Selling Furlong and loaning in a Chelsea player while not using Kakay makes no sense to me. If Kakay is not good enough then sell him and buy and develop a right back.

With the number of transactions that have happened this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if Kakay was offski.
furlong on 16:29 - Jul 23 with 1494 viewsDejR_vu

furlong on 16:14 - Jul 23 by ridethewave

Yeah this is just poor from the club.

I'm calling this transfer window out at this stage. What is the club trying to achieve? I don't think it unreasonable to begin waving the 'fire sale' banner around now. Can we at least have an explanation?

As you correctly pointed out, the club made the point several times about how the loan market is not right for us. Now we seem to be hell-bent on operating a first teem full of youth loans with little experience, from other clubs, which flies in the face of what the higher-ups have been saying for months now. We seem to be allowing the manager to dictate many of the signings, again counter to the model the club is supposedly trying to operate. And the whole while there's been absolutely no communication to the fans.

Selling players for profit: fine. But how is replacing them with loans going to work out?

What are any of us supposed to make of this?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 16:18]

The ‘higher-ups’ don’t appear to have a clue. The club changes direction every time the wind blows. The clueless appoint the clueless, who’d have thought it would end up a mess?

furlong on 16:31 - Jul 23 with 1477 viewsdaveB

I do agree someone should have said something nice about him but on the other points the answer will be the same they have been giving for 3 years now..

If they came out again and said they need to sell to comply with FFP they'll get the usual why say that it drives down price of players.

If they say we are a selling club people point at lack of ambition

It's an absolute no win, i'd rather they shut up and got on with the window and talk about the why's after it closes
furlong on 16:31 - Jul 23 with 1469 viewsNorthernr

furlong on 16:31 - Jul 23 by daveB

I do agree someone should have said something nice about him but on the other points the answer will be the same they have been giving for 3 years now..

If they came out again and said they need to sell to comply with FFP they'll get the usual why say that it drives down price of players.

If they say we are a selling club people point at lack of ambition

It's an absolute no win, i'd rather they shut up and got on with the window and talk about the why's after it closes

Yeh, maybe you're right mate.
furlong on 16:36 - Jul 23 with 1413 viewsAntti_Heinola

furlong on 16:14 - Jul 23 by QPR_John

Cannot see why the club would want to let a player leave without a thank you as it leaves it self open to questions unless there are problems behind the scenes better left quiet.

to be fair he hasn't gone without a thank you, and I've seen terser messages of sold players, but still, it's pretty sparse and I cannot believe there are not direct quotes from either Les or Warbs about this. Really should be both. Great pro, been with us for years, loves the club, always done his best and has earned us a couple of million quid. As it stands, it's not good enough.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024