Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your claim to fame? 09:05 - Mar 18 with 20891 viewsW13R

Right, a bit of lighted fun in these testing times.

Mine is, performed twice at The Royal Albert Hall.
First time around I sang a solo to a full house.
What's your claim to fame? on 17:17 - Mar 18 with 2111 viewsngbqpr

What's your claim to fame? on 16:56 - Mar 18 by itsbiga

I met Simon Stainrod in White City pool back in the day. I was 10 or 11.
"Oi you're Simon Stainrod"

He was nice to us and that's when I really got into QPR a lot more.

After Rotherham away he gave us a couple of cans of beer before he got on the coach home.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

What's your claim to fame? on 17:28 - Mar 18 with 2098 viewsW13R

What's your claim to fame? on 17:07 - Mar 18 by paulparker

He was only jealous off your dashing good looks mate

And TBF you probably had a better Barnet

Funny enough I did have my flowing long rave hair at the said time

You haven't changed a bit by the way.

What's your claim to fame? on 17:31 - Mar 18 with 2093 viewssmegma

4-4 draw at Port Vale. When Port Vale scored their 4th, I threw my gloves at Tony Roberts and they landed on the pitch beside the goal. They can be seen on the tv coverage. I nearly got slung out,the steward said 'if you weren't four nil down, I'd have you nicked'
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 18:33]
What's your claim to fame? on 17:32 - Mar 18 with 2088 viewsderbyhoop

My first game for my primary school team, we played Hogarth. Gerry Francis was their captain and, surprisingly, their best player. Needless to say we lost. As we did 2 weeks later when we played a side containing Robin Friday, the best footballer you never saw.

I've also been asked my predictions about the Budget and it appeared on BBC Breakfast TV. 15 seconds of fame.

There is a thing you can do as an ice-breaker where you tell 3 stories, 2 being true and the 3rd one being a lie/exaggeration.

My other story was that my son, who is blond and wears glasses, played the Milky Bar Kid in the 3rd series of adverts.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What's your claim to fame? on 17:55 - Mar 18 with 2070 viewsR_from_afar

This is a cr@p one but then I am not a limelight seeker and in fact actively avoid it. I have the perfect face for radio etc etc

I used to be an avid Radio Luxembourg listener - not easy because the reception used to be appalling on every device I owned - and in the small hours one night, after a few lagers, I plucked up the courage to ring their late night phone-in. Callers from all over western Europe were mucking about trying - and mostly failing - to be funny so square suburban kid that I was, I rang up, waited patiently then - gasp - I was on!

After a shaky start in which I nervously asked if I was live on air and was told, mockingly, that I most certainly was, I reeled off a couple of quick-fire jokes - the second of which the DJ actually laughed out loud at, then did a quick "sign-off" and got the hell out of there as the DJ exclaimed: "Geoff: What a man!".

I shamelessly nicked the better of the two jokes off my old linguistics teacher: How do you titillate an ocelot?
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
You oscillate its t1t a lot

Now where's that anorak?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

What's your claim to fame? on 18:29 - Mar 18 with 2042 viewswood_hoop

What's your claim to fame? on 17:55 - Mar 18 by R_from_afar

This is a cr@p one but then I am not a limelight seeker and in fact actively avoid it. I have the perfect face for radio etc etc

I used to be an avid Radio Luxembourg listener - not easy because the reception used to be appalling on every device I owned - and in the small hours one night, after a few lagers, I plucked up the courage to ring their late night phone-in. Callers from all over western Europe were mucking about trying - and mostly failing - to be funny so square suburban kid that I was, I rang up, waited patiently then - gasp - I was on!

After a shaky start in which I nervously asked if I was live on air and was told, mockingly, that I most certainly was, I reeled off a couple of quick-fire jokes - the second of which the DJ actually laughed out loud at, then did a quick "sign-off" and got the hell out of there as the DJ exclaimed: "Geoff: What a man!".

I shamelessly nicked the better of the two jokes off my old linguistics teacher: How do you titillate an ocelot?
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
You oscillate its t1t a lot

Now where's that anorak?

I had the good fortune to have Lynsey De Paul sit on my lap.
What's your claim to fame? on 18:50 - Mar 18 with 2019 viewshantssi

Met Amanda Lamb in a club in Southsea when she was the Scottish Widows girl, she was really lovely.
What's your claim to fame? on 18:57 - Mar 18 with 2005 viewsDorse

I might be Banksy but don't tell anyone.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

What's your claim to fame? on 19:15 - Mar 18 with 1975 viewsMrSheen

What's your claim to fame? on 17:31 - Mar 18 by smegma

4-4 draw at Port Vale. When Port Vale scored their 4th, I threw my gloves at Tony Roberts and they landed on the pitch beside the goal. They can be seen on the tv coverage. I nearly got slung out,the steward said 'if you weren't four nil down, I'd have you nicked'

I remember seeing those gloves!
What's your claim to fame? on 19:25 - Mar 18 with 1959 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Went to primary school with Tony Grealish

Paul McCartney once mistook me for Nick Lowe and wanted to discuss the forthcoming Wings tour, where Brinsley Schwarz were the support.

Lord knows who Gordon McQueen thought I was, but he made his way through a crowd of people to find me, and greeted me with "Hullo big man, howr ye doin" huge handshake and hug then he was off into the crowd again. All my mates were very bemused, as indeed was I.
What's your claim to fame? on 20:51 - Mar 18 with 1889 viewsE17hoop

I started legal proceedings against a former Rs player for mortgage arrears.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

What's your claim to fame? on 20:54 - Mar 18 with 1887 viewsted_hendrix

What's your claim to fame? on 17:31 - Mar 18 by smegma

There was a Youtube video doing the rounds, when our fourth goal went in we naturally went mental and I managed to slap Danny Dichio on the head during the celebrations however my eldest lad Dave got cartwheeled over the barrier and was promptly nicked by the stewards, we all manged to drag him back but for a couple of seconds you could see it on the video.
Next time you watch the famous Man City/QPR game that's 'yours truly' sat right at the front behind Joe Hart going nuts when our two goals went in, Row A Seat 1, right next to 50 odd thousand Noel Gallagher look a likes.

I worked on Pete Townshends house by the River Thames at Pangbourne, I was keen to talk to him when he turned up with his Architect but feck me he looked like he was in a bad mood so I gave it a swerve. At the entrance to his drive there was a recording studio where a band called Medicine Head were recording, I had a look through the window but it was all shut up.

I was the dildo on that Sky report during transfer deadline day.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What's your claim to fame? on 21:21 - Mar 18 with 1865 viewsCiderwithRsie

What's your claim to fame? on 18:50 - Mar 18 by hantssi

Met Amanda Lamb in a club in Southsea when she was the Scottish Widows girl, she was really lovely.

One of my housemates at the time always referred to that firm as Saucy Widows on the basis of that ad.
What's your claim to fame? on 21:53 - Mar 18 with 1801 viewsKonk

What's your claim to fame? on 20:51 - Mar 18 by E17hoop

I started legal proceedings against a former Rs player for mortgage arrears.

I once had to tell a QPR player that he'd been declined for a Habitat storecard, ten minutes after we'd been chatting away about football. Awkward.

I was at a wedding and Caroline Quentin gave me a lift from the service to the reception. True story.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 21:55]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

What's your claim to fame? on 21:55 - Mar 18 with 1794 viewsqprxtc

What's your claim to fame? on 20:54 - Mar 18 by ted_hendrix

There was a Youtube video doing the rounds, when our fourth goal went in we naturally went mental and I managed to slap Danny Dichio on the head during the celebrations however my eldest lad Dave got cartwheeled over the barrier and was promptly nicked by the stewards, we all manged to drag him back but for a couple of seconds you could see it on the video.
Next time you watch the famous Man City/QPR game that's 'yours truly' sat right at the front behind Joe Hart going nuts when our two goals went in, Row A Seat 1, right next to 50 odd thousand Noel Gallagher look a likes.

I worked on Pete Townshends house by the River Thames at Pangbourne, I was keen to talk to him when he turned up with his Architect but feck me he looked like he was in a bad mood so I gave it a swerve. At the entrance to his drive there was a recording studio where a band called Medicine Head were recording, I had a look through the window but it was all shut up.

I was the dildo on that Sky report during transfer deadline day.

Ere Ted, is that where you see some bloke in green spazzy gloves trying to haul some fella back in as he’s being clung unto by a copper?

That’s me and my spazzy green gloves.
What's your claim to fame? on 22:37 - Mar 18 with 1731 viewsDannyPaddox

In the early summer of 1980 I bunked into the FA Cup Final at Wembley. Wet Spam v The Arse. Back when it was the biggest club game on the planet. It was an amazing buzz to be there. In the crowd just before kick-off this bloke nudges me and says “That cameras pointing at you and it’s on” Just the other side of a barrier wall this huge thing like an upturned Dalek with a red light is looking straight at me. So of course what did I do? I shouted “Hello Mum!” Remember back then everyone watched the Cup Final. My Mum and all her mates saw it. My Nan saw it. Then on Monday back at school, friends, teachers, dinner ladies, kids in other years I didn’t know would say: “You were at the Cup Final and you shouted hello Mum” I was the school celebrity for a day.

There’s also a picture of me on the inside cover of the first Madness LP. Just.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 14:58]
What's your claim to fame? on 22:42 - Mar 18 with 1724 viewsstowmarketrange

What's your claim to fame? on 22:37 - Mar 18 by DannyPaddox

In the early summer of 1980 I bunked into the FA Cup Final at Wembley. Wet Spam v The Arse. Back when it was the biggest club game on the planet. It was an amazing buzz to be there. In the crowd just before kick-off this bloke nudges me and says “That cameras pointing at you and it’s on” Just the other side of a barrier wall this huge thing like an upturned Dalek with a red light is looking straight at me. So of course what did I do? I shouted “Hello Mum!” Remember back then everyone watched the Cup Final. My Mum and all her mates saw it. My Nan saw it. Then on Monday back at school, friends, teachers, dinner ladies, kids in other years I didn’t know would say: “You were at the Cup Final and you shouted hello Mum” I was the school celebrity for a day.

There’s also a picture of me on the inside cover of the first Madness LP. Just.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 14:58]

If you look at the bbc playoff final highlights programme I’m one of the 2 people wearing Harry Redknapp masks being interviewed right at the start of the show.Two of my kids manage to get on tv though.
What's your claim to fame? on 23:01 - Mar 18 with 1704 viewsLoftgirl

I once showed Tony Currie how to use the washing machine in a launderette in Kingsbury.
What's your claim to fame? on 23:04 - Mar 18 with 1697 viewsLoftgirl

Hank Marvin came into SAR stand for a game against Newcastle on the mud-heap in the 80s. I went and sat next to him at half time and had a chat. Really nice man.
What's your claim to fame? on 23:08 - Mar 18 with 1681 viewsdaveB

I was on Wacaday as a kid, mustn't pause mustn't hesitate, i did both and bottled it to lose and get hit by Timmys Mallet.

Same day we were at TVAM doing xmas carols and doing sign language (Our class were taught sign language for reasons I can't remember), Jimmy Greaves came over and joined in with us for We wish you a merry christmas at the end.

Also had a piss next to JR Ewing from Dallas who was wearing his cowboy hat at the time.
What's your claim to fame? on 23:16 - Mar 18 with 1674 viewsDannyPaddox

What's your claim to fame? on 23:04 - Mar 18 by Loftgirl

Hank Marvin came into SAR stand for a game against Newcastle on the mud-heap in the 80s. I went and sat next to him at half time and had a chat. Really nice man.

Did he say it was apache first half?
What's your claim to fame? on 23:22 - Mar 18 with 1663 views2Thomas2Bowles

Not fame
In the early 80's I volunteered to work on the gay switchboard when Aids first came out.

I remember one guy who was married with kids who was a closet, he use to do the Putney towpath and got HIV, he jumped in front of a train about a month later.

Really sad times, the lines were very busy and some desperate people as was a death sentence then,

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

What's your claim to fame? on 23:27 - Mar 18 with 1656 viewsted_hendrix

What's your claim to fame? on 21:55 - Mar 18 by qprxtc

Ere Ted, is that where you see some bloke in green spazzy gloves trying to haul some fella back in as he’s being clung unto by a copper?

That’s me and my spazzy green gloves.

I'd probably put money on it, the thing is at the time the goal celebration was right up there with away fixture goal celebrations utter madness, I just remember seeing my lad getting dragged back into our crowd by someone out of the corner of my eye, and you could definitely see it on the youtube thingy.

Fair play to you though, fair play.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What's your claim to fame? on 23:33 - Mar 18 with 1628 viewstimcocking

So much weirdness to choose from in Cocking life, some of which i'd rather not delve into.

I'll settle for having an Irish Wolfhound which was the world Champion Wolfhound two consecutive years. And having Prince Charles come to our party. And, obviously, being from a family with a tonne of athletics success, county champions all over the place. One of my brothers was at one stage ranked number two in the UK, number 5 in the world. He still holds the school records decades later. In fact, his time as a 12 year old is faster than the open record.
What's your claim to fame? on 23:40 - Mar 18 with 1623 viewsloftboy

What's your claim to fame? on 23:33 - Mar 18 by timcocking

So much weirdness to choose from in Cocking life, some of which i'd rather not delve into.

I'll settle for having an Irish Wolfhound which was the world Champion Wolfhound two consecutive years. And having Prince Charles come to our party. And, obviously, being from a family with a tonne of athletics success, county champions all over the place. One of my brothers was at one stage ranked number two in the UK, number 5 in the world. He still holds the school records decades later. In fact, his time as a 12 year old is faster than the open record.

You may want to re-read and possibly change the first sentence in that post!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024