Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your claim to fame? 09:05 - Mar 18 with 20832 viewsW13R

Right, a bit of lighted fun in these testing times.

Mine is, performed twice at The Royal Albert Hall.
First time around I sang a solo to a full house.
What's your claim to fame? on 15:32 - Mar 21 with 2501 viewsstowmarketrange

What's your claim to fame? on 10:32 - Mar 21 by wood_hoop

Not so much a claim to fame but met many of film and tv fame in the early seventies as I worked for a very large theatrical agents in Mayfair when but a mere slip of a lad (15 years old).
Used to run around with scripts etc to their houses or hotels, met so many and thought nothing of it at the time.

Peter Cooke of Pete & Dud fame, had a pad in Ladbroke Grove

Chris Lee (Dracula)

Peter Wyngarde ( Jason King tv) used to be hordes of pretty girls outside the office waiting for him, none realising he was supposedly gay.

Rex Harrison ( Dr Doolittle) had a place in Belgarvia

Telly Savalas ( Kojak) really nice man

Britt Ekland, lived in Mayfair had a black mini which was a gift from Peter Sellars.
Peter Sellars, was staying at the Playboy Club in Park Lane, had to take some stuff to him and once walked down the road with a 'Bunny Girl' my word, my eyes were on stalks and cars tooting their horns at the sight of a small pimply youth with this beautiful goddess in the full bunny regalia.

Britt Ekland I once took some scripts to at her flat and could not understand why she was wearing a fur jacket when answering the door at the height of the summer, her agent laughing when I returned to the office told me she was butt naked underneath as she was having a massage when I called and grabbed the nearest thing to hand to cover her modesty.

Met many more but enough in my list to bore the arse off you for know.

My old man used to clean peter Wyngarde windows on his flat, and he always told us that wyngarde was as bent as a nine Bob note.
What's your claim to fame? on 16:56 - Mar 21 with 2438 viewsRebalhoop

I was Rick Wakemans paper boy,when he was living with Page 3 girl Nina Carter.
He gave me £5 tip one xmas,that was a fortune back then,about 1975/76.
What's your claim to fame? on 23:54 - Mar 22 with 2286 viewsDannyPaddox

What's your claim to fame? on 16:09 - Mar 19 by Konk

I was on my way back from Walsall away in the early 90's and got chatting to a German bloke in the buffet car. Karl Lagerfeld. Fulham mad and we would often have a beer with him on away days and in the Chancellors before and after home games. Lovely bloke.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 23:59]
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:27 - Mar 23 with 2256 viewstimcocking

Darth Vader used to occasionally phone my Dad to order Pasties.

It's true.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 0:28]
What's your claim to fame? on 00:41 - Mar 23 with 2251 viewsSydneyRs

Got in a lift with half the Sri Lanka cricket team in a hotel in Sydney some years back. Muttiah Muralitharan came across as a really good guy and was nice and friendly to the kids who were very young at the time.

Met the actors who played Tucker Jenkins, Benny Green and Alan Humphries during a break in filming for Grange Hill in about 1979 when they were shooting the series in Harlesden High School. They were having a kickabout during their break. They took the piss out of us supporting QPR and at least one of them was West Ham as I recall. Hung around to watch them shoot a scene afterwards with Baxter the games teacher.
(No subject) (n/t) on 06:47 - Mar 23 with 2203 viewsdistortR

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:27 - Mar 23 by timcocking

Darth Vader used to occasionally phone my Dad to order Pasties.

It's true.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 0:28]

did your Dad get a strange sensation of a tightening neck when he told DV that there was only the vegetarian ones left?
What's your claim to fame? on 07:56 - Mar 23 with 2166 viewshubble

Aged 13, I was Hugh Grant's wife in a school play.

Aged a lot older, I was in the Electric, Portobello Road, with my mate Pauly. We'd been having a night of it and I was fairly high, so we decided to chill out in the snug which was just off the main bar area. We walked down the three steps to discover there was a group already in there, but just enough room for us as well. They weren't too pleased about it. At the far end of the table, I realised it was Patrick Stewart, holding forth to his cronies. I was all for staying and hobnobbing with the captain, but Pauly was pulling on my sleeve to get me to leave. When Stewart and his crew realised we weren't leaving, he looked at me and said in a voice of silk: "this is a private party darling." I stood up and sarcastically gave him the Spok hand greeting and said "yeah, live and long and prosper mate.." as Pauly dragged me out.

As soon as we were out of earshot back in the main bar area, Pauly hissed angrily at me "you know who that was don't you?" Before I could reply he said "Ben Kingsley."

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

What's your claim to fame? on 09:35 - Mar 23 with 2112 viewsnix

Dennis Waterman once asked me if he could buy me a drink. Weirdly I was doing a pub call pram race for charity with my mum and her mate (popular at the time for some reason).

Dirty old dog though as I was only 16 and I've worked out he was 32 and married at the time. Which might as well have been 113 to a 16 year old. I made some snarky remark back as was snotty teen at the time.
Login to get fewer ads

What's your claim to fame? on 18:04 - Mar 23 with 2002 viewsR_from_afar

In the late 70s, I had my picture taken with legendary wicketkeeper Alan Knott and, separately, with the captain of the Pakistan cricket team, Asif Iqbal. This was at Kent's Canterbury ground.

I remember it being very easy to arrange, there weren't hordes of kids swarming round them looking for selfies unlike today. There again, the experience was hardly immediate, given that you had to finish your film (unless you had an instant picture camera, oo la la), take the cartridge to Supasnaps or Boots, pray that you hadn't left the lens cap on, over- or underexposed the shot, cut their heads off or - as I did at least once when I got my first SLR - failed to hook the film leader onto the little teeth of the spool thingy inside the camera (which meant the film stayed tucked up in its canister and never advanced when you wound on after each shot).

Camera 'phones and digital photographer are such a godsend!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

What's your claim to fame? on 19:16 - Mar 24 with 1861 viewsjohncharles

I shared a flat with Cozy Powell. His girlfriend and mine worked together and we all got this big flat in Hampstead. It was about the time Cozy was teaming up with Jeff Beck and I got to some of the rehearsals for the new band. Got to call one of my guitar heroes Jeff like in “Hi Jeff” To this day if you ask Jeff Beck about the guy shared that place in Hampstead with Cozy he’ll say “ Who ?”
Remember Max Middleton turned up. Jeff said this pianist is joining he’s amazing. And he was. Still is. Quite a few rock legends called round the flat. One day Robert Plant turned up. Rich, famous and so good looking the girls almost fainted. We just sat around and had a chat and a cup of tea. What a nice guy.

Strong and stable my arse.

What's your claim to fame? on 19:20 - Mar 24 with 1854 viewskarl

What's your claim to fame? on 19:16 - Mar 24 by johncharles

I shared a flat with Cozy Powell. His girlfriend and mine worked together and we all got this big flat in Hampstead. It was about the time Cozy was teaming up with Jeff Beck and I got to some of the rehearsals for the new band. Got to call one of my guitar heroes Jeff like in “Hi Jeff” To this day if you ask Jeff Beck about the guy shared that place in Hampstead with Cozy he’ll say “ Who ?”
Remember Max Middleton turned up. Jeff said this pianist is joining he’s amazing. And he was. Still is. Quite a few rock legends called round the flat. One day Robert Plant turned up. Rich, famous and so good looking the girls almost fainted. We just sat around and had a chat and a cup of tea. What a nice guy.

Contender with that one JC!
What's your claim to fame? on 21:44 - Mar 24 with 1808 viewsMoonshineSteve

What's your claim to fame? on 09:35 - Mar 23 by nix

Dennis Waterman once asked me if he could buy me a drink. Weirdly I was doing a pub call pram race for charity with my mum and her mate (popular at the time for some reason).

Dirty old dog though as I was only 16 and I've worked out he was 32 and married at the time. Which might as well have been 113 to a 16 year old. I made some snarky remark back as was snotty teen at the time.

And you've no idea why your Mum's mate was popular at that time?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:54 - Mar 24 with 1771 viewstimcocking

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:47 - Mar 23 by distortR

did your Dad get a strange sensation of a tightening neck when he told DV that there was only the vegetarian ones left?

Fortunately, we never only had vegetarian ones left.

On a table football table (the good tables, not the sh!t, cheap British ones) i can chip the ball with my goalkeeper over everybody's' head and into the opposition goal with a fair degree of regularity...

I'm sure we can all agree how useful that is.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 23:59]
What's your claim to fame? on 06:51 - Mar 25 with 1713 viewsdistortR

in the late 80's or early 90's, heading up North somewhere to watch the Rssss, we got an early train up, with no alcohol. Got to Crewe (I think) as the station bar was opening and jumped off to have a couple and get some take outs on a local service.

One bloke in the bar already, listening to us and realising what we were up to, came over admiring similarly minded people. Chatted for a while. Oliver Reed. Left no impression except the thrill of being able to say we had a drink with Oliver Reed. At the time, didn't realise what a legend he was.

Stood next to Gimli in the supermarket queue a few times, he lives/lived locally. Before the days of social distancing. Real nice fella.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:40 - Mar 25 with 1623 viewsfrancisbowles

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:54 - Mar 24 by timcocking

Fortunately, we never only had vegetarian ones left.

On a table football table (the good tables, not the sh!t, cheap British ones) i can chip the ball with my goalkeeper over everybody's' head and into the opposition goal with a fair degree of regularity...

I'm sure we can all agree how useful that is.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 23:59]

Is there no end to the sporting prowess of your family, Tim?
What's your claim to fame? on 13:01 - Mar 25 with 1578 viewsbosh67

What's your claim to fame? on 08:09 - Mar 21 by distortR

the dating quality women bit isn't a claim to fame mate, it's just really bloody annoying.

If the French woman was the one from betty blue i'm putting you on ignore for ever and a day.

How did you know it was Béatrice Dalle?

Actually it wasn't. I had a brief relationship with Juliette Binoche between her many marriages! Lovely woman. Far too good for me.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What's your claim to fame? on 13:47 - Mar 25 with 1535 viewsnix

What's your claim to fame? on 13:01 - Mar 25 by bosh67

Actually it wasn't. I had a brief relationship with Juliette Binoche between her many marriages! Lovely woman. Far too good for me.

Wow Bosh. Even I fancy her a little bit.
What's your claim to fame? on 14:23 - Mar 25 with 1489 viewsQPRSteve

What's your claim to fame? on 23:50 - Mar 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy to get a BJ in the toilets of the two brewers Clapham from a real woman.
YES she was a real woman

Had the same in the Golden Gloves in Fulham Palace Road from an Irish barmaid who worked in the Greyhound.

Also went out with an ex-model who'd been shagged by Jimi Hendrix.
What's your claim to fame? on 14:30 - Mar 25 with 1467 viewsaston_hoop

Barry from Eastenders once bought me a pint after I helped him take a tenner out of a quiz machine in St. Albans. Really nice bloke, Fulham fan though

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

What's your claim to fame? on 15:05 - Mar 25 with 1439 viewsRangersDave

In Leicester in the 80's i had the 'pleasure' of a different page 3 lady on consecutive nights.
1 was called Jenna and despite seeing both in the paper after then, i forget the other.

Never met more vacuous, look at me attitude, airheaded, 'ladies' in my life, but........ i dun em! lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

What's your claim to fame? on 16:55 - Mar 25 with 1390 viewsKonk

What's your claim to fame? on 23:54 - Mar 22 by DannyPaddox

[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 23:59]

It was Shrewsbury. Pub by the bridge. We’d travelled up with Karl and he’d had six cans of Strongbow by the time we got to Watford Junction. In the pub there was a pool table. Winner stays on and Karl had put his pound down on the cushion of the pool table. The game ended, Karl was next on, but one of the locals takes the cue straight out of the loser’s hand. Karl was furious, he picked-up his pound coin and held it centimetres from the bloke’s face, “Hey! Shit hair farm boy! What the fu ck is this? Scotch mist?” Next minute the place has erupted and Karl’s taken a serious hiding - we all did. He still made it to the game, though. Game as fu ck. Think we lost.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

What's your claim to fame? on 17:22 - Mar 25 with 1360 viewsW13R

What's your claim to fame? on 16:55 - Mar 25 by Konk

It was Shrewsbury. Pub by the bridge. We’d travelled up with Karl and he’d had six cans of Strongbow by the time we got to Watford Junction. In the pub there was a pool table. Winner stays on and Karl had put his pound down on the cushion of the pool table. The game ended, Karl was next on, but one of the locals takes the cue straight out of the loser’s hand. Karl was furious, he picked-up his pound coin and held it centimetres from the bloke’s face, “Hey! Shit hair farm boy! What the fu ck is this? Scotch mist?” Next minute the place has erupted and Karl’s taken a serious hiding - we all did. He still made it to the game, though. Game as fu ck. Think we lost.

Superb Konk

Have you thought of writing the many legendary escapades/stories of Fulham's top chap Karl?
What's your claim to fame? on 17:44 - Mar 25 with 1330 viewsdistortR

What's your claim to fame? on 13:01 - Mar 25 by bosh67

No, Beatrix bloody Potter. bye bye Bosh. I'm self isolating you.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 17:45]
What's your claim to fame? on 21:43 - Mar 25 with 1190 viewsdistortR

What's your claim to fame? on 15:05 - Mar 25 by RangersDave

In Leicester in the 80's i had the 'pleasure' of a different page 3 lady on consecutive nights.
1 was called Jenna and despite seeing both in the paper after then, i forget the other.

Never met more vacuous, look at me attitude, airheaded, 'ladies' in my life, but........ i dun em! lol

and THEY were vacuous?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024