Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your claim to fame? 09:05 - Mar 18 with 20830 viewsW13R

Right, a bit of lighted fun in these testing times.

Mine is, performed twice at The Royal Albert Hall.
First time around I sang a solo to a full house.
What's your claim to fame? on 23:46 - Mar 18 with 2189 viewstimcocking

What's your claim to fame? on 23:40 - Mar 18 by loftboy

You may want to re-read and possibly change the first sentence in that post!

I'm not sure i've ever found a way to make it seem that much better...
What's your claim to fame? on 23:57 - Mar 18 with 2173 viewswombat

What's your claim to fame? on 23:40 - Mar 18 by loftboy

You may want to re-read and possibly change the first sentence in that post!

Cheated to win a blue peter badge , I traced a picture of the then Tom baker of doctor who fame , coloured it in and sent it into clue better for some comp , few weeks later letter through the post and a blue peter badge as well . Never did use it to get entry into the various places that you could .

Was interviewed by sky tv many years ago about footballviolence at grounds we was in the corner pin I think which was directly opposite white hart lane which was home fans only and a place away fans really shouldn’t be before a game back then .

Put a message on this very board saying what a great idea it would be for somebody to screw up chrysalis records email when CW ,was in charge (didn’t have a clue how ) few days later nick Blackburn rung me going mental calling me an internet terrorist . To this day I’ve no idea who did the deed but if your still here I owe u a pint . There phones and email was down for about 3 days I think

Poll: which is your favouite foot

What's your claim to fame? on 01:16 - Mar 19 with 2127 viewsLoftgirl

What's your claim to fame? on 23:16 - Mar 18 by DannyPaddox

Did he say it was apache first half?

It was a dreadful game all round as I remember.
What's your claim to fame? on 01:34 - Mar 19 with 2111 viewskensalriser

What's your claim to fame? on 01:16 - Mar 19 by Loftgirl

It was a dreadful game all round as I remember.

We were chasing shadows that afternoon.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What's your claim to fame? on 07:01 - Mar 19 with 2070 viewsSuperhoop83

More of a claim to shame:

David Bardsley loudly shouted "F*ck off" in my general direction as he took a throw next to the East Paddock. This was after I had shouted some ill considered, and louder than planned, advice at Andy Clarke of Wimbledon, saying that he was "even worse" than a certain QPR player.

My mates still laugh about it but I don't.

Suffering since 1978.

What's your claim to fame? on 07:15 - Mar 19 with 2055 viewsdistortR

What's your claim to fame? on 15:39 - Mar 18 by karl

Circa 1985/86 Runners up in World wheelbarrow races, Castletown, Isle of Man. Glory days

This isn't another Rolf Harris thing, is it?
What's your claim to fame? on 07:20 - Mar 19 with 2052 viewssmegma

What's your claim to fame? on 23:57 - Mar 18 by wombat

Cheated to win a blue peter badge , I traced a picture of the then Tom baker of doctor who fame , coloured it in and sent it into clue better for some comp , few weeks later letter through the post and a blue peter badge as well . Never did use it to get entry into the various places that you could .

Was interviewed by sky tv many years ago about footballviolence at grounds we was in the corner pin I think which was directly opposite white hart lane which was home fans only and a place away fans really shouldn’t be before a game back then .

Put a message on this very board saying what a great idea it would be for somebody to screw up chrysalis records email when CW ,was in charge (didn’t have a clue how ) few days later nick Blackburn rung me going mental calling me an internet terrorist . To this day I’ve no idea who did the deed but if your still here I owe u a pint . There phones and email was down for about 3 days I think

So you're terrorist and a liar ?!! The blue peter fib is unforgiveable
What's your claim to fame? on 10:52 - Mar 19 with 1968 viewssimmo

I was on the kids version of Blind Date when I was little, spent all day at ITV studios filming but they didn't use it. met Cilla Black and everything though. My mate Rob Gould was there too for kids a year older and they used it and he won, it was on national TV.

He went on a horse and carriage ride with some blonde sort from what I remember.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

What's your claim to fame? on 11:47 - Mar 19 with 1923 viewsCiderwithRsie

What's your claim to fame? on 07:15 - Mar 19 by distortR

Having three legs is a different thing iu the Isle of Man
What's your claim to fame? on 11:47 - Mar 19 with 1919 viewsqueensparker

Cameron Diaz once told me she liked my trainers
What's your claim to fame? on 12:01 - Mar 19 with 1909 viewsjohann28

What's your claim to fame? on 11:47 - Mar 19 by queensparker

Cameron Diaz once told me she liked my trainers

Good show.

On a similar note, Helena Bonham Carter once told me she liked my hat..unfortunately, I was so overcome I could only smile sheepishly in reply.

And Rory Gallagher once said he liked my Qpr shirt. What a hero.
What's your claim to fame? on 12:37 - Mar 19 with 1871 viewskarl

What's your claim to fame? on 07:15 - Mar 19 by distortR

I would like to add it was a proper builders wheelbarrow and not the version where a dubious individual holds you by the legs and pushes from behind...
What's your claim to fame? on 13:07 - Mar 19 with 1841 viewsfrancisbowles

What's your claim to fame? on 12:01 - Mar 19 by johann28

Good show.

On a similar note, Helena Bonham Carter once told me she liked my hat..unfortunately, I was so overcome I could only smile sheepishly in reply.

And Rory Gallagher once said he liked my Qpr shirt. What a hero.

What a combination Rory and the RRRRrs.

I saw Rory in a pub next to the ABC in Fulham Road around 1980. He was with a couple of bandmates. I was to in awe and respectful of the man to intrude on his privacy.

Saw him at the Guildford Civic the next night. Awesome musician. Still listening to all his albums including the one that has just been released.
What's your claim to fame? on 13:15 - Mar 19 with 1828 viewscollegeranger

My father fired James Hunt from his racing team!
What's your claim to fame? on 13:17 - Mar 19 with 1818 viewsMick_S

What's your claim to fame? on 13:15 - Mar 19 by collegeranger

My father fired James Hunt from his racing team!

I say!

More please.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What's your claim to fame? on 13:25 - Mar 19 with 1794 viewsMatch82

What's your claim to fame? on 23:04 - Mar 18 by Loftgirl

Hank Marvin came into SAR stand for a game against Newcastle on the mud-heap in the 80s. I went and sat next to him at half time and had a chat. Really nice man.

Very interested in how much food he had ordered at half time, must have been hungry.
What's your claim to fame? on 13:36 - Mar 19 with 1761 viewsR_from_afar

What's your claim to fame? on 13:07 - Mar 19 by francisbowles

What a combination Rory and the RRRRrs.

I saw Rory in a pub next to the ABC in Fulham Road around 1980. He was with a couple of bandmates. I was to in awe and respectful of the man to intrude on his privacy.

Saw him at the Guildford Civic the next night. Awesome musician. Still listening to all his albums including the one that has just been released.

Surely that combination puts Johann in the lead?

A lead not threatened by my revelation that I once met Tim Brooke-Taylor and had a pic taken of us both, me in my naff, over the head blue cag. Sadly, he was not resplendent in his trademark union jack boxers; he was in his whites because he was playing cricket for Lords Taverners.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

What's your claim to fame? on 13:45 - Mar 19 with 1742 viewscollegeranger

What's your claim to fame? on 13:17 - Mar 19 by Mick_S

I say!

More please.

Long story - but he ran a semi works Chevron in the 1974 European F2 Championship and the regular driver was Tom Pryce. He got signed to Shadow in F1 and also to do Can-Am and one of the those races clashed with the Rouen round. So they got James in the car (in those days it was common for F1 drivers to do F2 and other championships on their weekends off). Qualifying on the Friday went well but he blew the original engine later in the session. Mechanics then put the spare in overnight. 2nd qualifying on the Saturday he blew that up! Overnight my Dad went to Huntingdon to collect another spare drove to Rouen and the mechanics set about put the 3rd engine in. Race starts in heavy rain Hunt does 4 laps comes into the pits (enough laps to get his start and appearance money), gets out and tries to grab the chequered flag from the startline marshall and finish the race. The whole team are mad and Dad grabs hold of him and fired him on the spot.
The irony of this is that in Japan 2 years later he wanted to race at Fuji when the weather was alot worse! But then the championship was at stake.
Dad's partner also was the last person to see James alive as he was playing snooker at his house in Wimbledon the night he died of a heart attack.
Everything you read about James Hunt was true BTW very uch larger than life!!
What's your claim to fame? on 16:09 - Mar 19 with 1690 viewsKonk

I was on my way back from Walsall away in the early 90's and got chatting to a German bloke in the buffet car. Karl Lagerfeld. Fulham mad and we would often have a beer with him on away days and in the Chancellors before and after home games. Lovely bloke.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

What's your claim to fame? on 16:22 - Mar 19 with 1654 viewsBoston

Earlier this morning me and some of the lads were at a loose end, so we invented the cure for Corona Virus 19.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What's your claim to fame? on 17:38 - Mar 19 with 1602 viewsW13R

What's your claim to fame? on 16:09 - Mar 19 by Konk

I was on my way back from Walsall away in the early 90's and got chatting to a German bloke in the buffet car. Karl Lagerfeld. Fulham mad and we would often have a beer with him on away days and in the Chancellors before and after home games. Lovely bloke.

Konk, going by previous posts when you have mentioned Karl I would say you can count him as a close friend rather than a claim to fame. I must say he does look very dapper when wearing his everyday black and white outfits in homage to his beloved FFC.
What's your claim to fame? on 21:52 - Mar 19 with 1512 viewsYorkRanger

What's your claim to fame? on 17:38 - Mar 19 by W13R

Konk, going by previous posts when you have mentioned Karl I would say you can count him as a close friend rather than a claim to fame. I must say he does look very dapper when wearing his everyday black and white outfits in homage to his beloved FFC.

Quite boring compared to some but worked in Harrods confectionery department on Saturdays from 82 - 84 and sold Ronald Reagan's favourite Jelly Beans the first time they came into the UK. The famous make Jelly Belly what you can now find everywhere..
What's your claim to fame? on 22:19 - Mar 19 with 1484 viewsWalnut

Easter 84, Peter Hucker, who may or may not be reading this, offered me his gloves during the pre match warm up at Stoke, when I caught the ball twice in quick succession ( yeah I know, I've nothing on Willie Rushton)
What's your claim to fame? on 23:56 - Mar 19 with 1417 viewstimcocking

I'm certain there will never be anybody on here who can beat my 26 chin ups, that's all the way up and down.

Likewise, after watching Duane LaDejo win the superstars dips with 63, i beat him and did 65 dips, which i know none of you will be able to match either.

(no PEDs or steroids or anything like that on my part ever not once)

Ps My Dad the famous Kernow hero Kenneth being (unbeaten) Cornish Billiards Champion seven years straight without a solitary defeat. He also might still have the record for the furthest distance anybody down there can throw a cricket ball (opened the bowling, batted at three).

Pps Also, ending Clive's personal hero Peter 'Reidy' Reid's career by twonking him and his boys 4-0 whilst retaining Asia's oldest football cup for the second year in a row. Yours truly centre forward.

Ppps Being LFW's most knowledgable poster.

Pppps I'm including again my brother Arron the former British number 2 whose time for the 1500m (800m?) for the sports day as a 12 year old beats the open school record for 16 year olds.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 0:18]
What's your claim to fame? on 00:02 - Mar 20 with 1414 viewsplasmahoop

There are some very good ones on here.
My only claim to fame was that I met Mark Owen of take that during their inactiveperiod. It was in Selsey and he helped me with my delivery of printer paper and similar items. I didn't know who it was. I said you look like somebody famous, kind of like Paul Nicholas. He said I used to be in take that. Looked them up later and it was him. He had a battered old saab at the time, doubt he has now after their reformation. Nice bloke though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024