Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My dad 22:25 - Apr 8 with 7406 viewsbosh67

My dad, Paul passed away this morning at Watford General Hospital from cancer and Coved19. I hadn't been able to see him for 3 weeks because the hospital couldn't allow visitors, which I totally understand. He managed to hold on long enough to wish me happy birthday on the phone yesterday, for which I will always be truly grateful.

My dad took me to my first QPR game when I was 5 and we sat side by side at QPR through the bad times, the even worse times, the just plain awful times and the occasional amazing and 'why we all love QPR' times. 46 years we sat together with my dad asking me why certain substitutions had been made and others not, and why the manager had no idea what he was doing. But we loved it and it was so lovely to be with my dad sharing that. Even over the last year when my dad wasn't so feeling so good we would talk after every game and talk every day about what was going on at the club. He really loved Rangers and win lose or draw we just loved being there watching the game with all the great people we got to know around us. I have missed it and will miss it a lot.

The doctors, nurses, surgeons and everyone who looked after my dad are putting their lives on the line for us and I just wanted to recognise, having seen it all first hand, what an amazing group of people they are. Coved19 is really evil. Really evil. I've been stuck in 2 A&E lock downs and it really is a plague.

I will miss being at games with my dad but I have been lucky to spend so much of my life with him at our wonderful club.

Please stay safe out there everyone.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

My dad on 22:29 - Apr 8 with 4013 viewsSnipper

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad bosh67.

May he Rest In Peace.
My dad on 22:31 - Apr 8 with 4001 viewsted_hendrix

You've mentioned your Dad many times over the Years on here Bosh, it's plainly obvious you thought the World of him.
He's at peace now God bless you both.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

My dad on 22:33 - Apr 8 with 3985 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sorry for your loss, Bosh. A beautifully written tribute.
My dad on 22:38 - Apr 8 with 3966 viewsBrixtonR

So sorry to hear that mate. Aint got the words except look after yourself as well a you can PLUR xx
My dad on 22:38 - Apr 8 with 3956 views2Thomas2Bowles

So sorry bosh
It's a dreadful thing to lose a parent at any time but I'm glad to hear you were so close and shared your passion

My best wishes to you and may your dad R I P

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

My dad on 22:41 - Apr 8 with 3953 viewshubble

Oh that's really tough mate. Sorry for your loss, bless your dad.
My dad on 22:43 - Apr 8 with 3940 viewsstowmarketrange

Sorry to hear your sad news mate.At least now your dad is free from pain and suffering.
I was lucky to be with my dad as he took his last breath 27 years,but that is a luxury denied to so many these days with this terrible disease.
Hold on to those good memories mate because they will comfort you on your journey through the grief of losing him.
Even after all these years I still miss the old bugger and would give anything to spend another session with him in the pub.
Best wishes to you mate and condolences to all your family.
My dad on 22:45 - Apr 8 with 3929 viewsPunteR

Ah Bosh really sorry to hear that. You've spoke about him loads on here. Love to you and your family.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

My dad on 22:46 - Apr 8 with 3928 viewsAntti_Heinola

Terrible news Bosh. Thinking my best thoughts for you and your family.

Bare bones.

My dad on 22:49 - Apr 8 with 3915 viewsBklynRanger

So sorry for your loss Bosh. Beautiful words.
My dad on 22:54 - Apr 8 with 3890 viewsnix

So sorry to hear this news Bosh. Such a difficult time to lose loved ones. Glad you got the chance to speak to him.
My dad on 22:56 - Apr 8 with 3884 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Really sorry to hear that Bosh. That's lovely what you have written about him. You'll always treasure those memories.
My dad on 23:15 - Apr 8 with 3843 viewsHunterhoop

I’m so sorry, Bosh. So sad. Some great memories and feelings to hold onto. All the strength to you.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 19:18]
My dad on 23:20 - Apr 8 with 3835 views18StoneOfHoop

Bosh67 you've been one of my favourite well-put well-argued
judicious posters here on LFW the last few years.
You've now put very well the deep bonds of the triangular love between Hoops ,you and your old man.

Here's an old Ian Dury song for you:

[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 23:27]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

My dad on 23:21 - Apr 8 with 3823 viewsSharpy36

Sorry to hear of your sad lose Bosh.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

My dad on 23:26 - Apr 8 with 3802 viewsgobbles

So sorry for your loss
My dad on 23:27 - Apr 8 with 3793 viewsloftboy

So sorry for your loss Bosh , RIP

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

My dad on 23:44 - Apr 8 with 3762 viewsRs_Holy

Incredibly moving ... I lost my Dad 18 months ago but I saw him and spoke to him the day before he passed away. I cannot comprehend how it must have felt to not be able to see your dad?
You will though always have the happier memories Bosh! They are so special and nothing can ever take them away...
My dad on 23:47 - Apr 8 with 3752 viewskropotkin41

My sincere condolences, Bosh.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

My dad on 23:48 - Apr 8 with 3749 viewsdistortR

tears in my eyes at that, mate. So sorry for your loss.
My dad on 00:22 - Apr 9 with 3707 viewsLythamR

My Condolences Bosh, You will have those QPR memories with your Dad to cherish throughout your life. being able to share a passion with a parent for such a period of time is not something that everyone gets to experience, I hope it helps to sustain you in times to come.
My dad on 00:50 - Apr 9 with 3684 viewsozexile

Sincerest condolonces Bosh.
My dad on 01:11 - Apr 9 with 3665 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Heartbreaking news bosh67 ,sorry you cold not be with him but what courage and heart he showed to get to yesterday and speak to you .Hope that along with all the great memories help you and your family in the days ahead.RIP Paul
My dad on 01:17 - Apr 9 with 3659 viewstimcocking

Really sad to hear that my friend, thoughts are with you xxx
My dad on 01:42 - Apr 9 with 3654 viewsjohncharles

Over years I feel like I know you both. Really sorry about your dad.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024