Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are you a QPR supporter? 07:20 - Apr 10 with 6538 viewsMiss_Terraces

Why are you a QPR supporter?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 07:41 - Apr 10 with 4077 viewstimcocking

'Twas the coolest shirt...
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 08:33 - Apr 10 with 4005 views2Thomas2Bowles

I was born in Bury St Edmonds, the family moved to shepherds bush 1971

My Mum was a childminder/ nanny to a couple at 58 Loftus road ( corner of LR/ER) the dad being an R sitting in Ellerslie Rd my mum asked him to take me along and that was it (72/73 season)

My Dad was pissed as all his mates were scum supporters and thought I should support them when he had no interest in football at all.

He did, however, collect the 1970 World Cup Esso medals for me, still worth feck all.

Footnote
Had we stayed in BSE I'd likely have been Ipswich, they did pretty good in the '70s early 80's.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 8:58]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 09:38 - Apr 10 with 3946 viewsstowmarketrange

I wanted to go to a football match when I was about 10 but none of my family ever went to any matches or supported anybody,so my mum asked a woman at work if her husband could take me to a game.He happened to have a season ticket in the seats in South Africa Rd ,and the rest is history.
He left me outside the paddocks while he sat upstairs, and we met up again after the games.
I don’t remember anything about the early games,or who we played and couldn’t afford the 7d for a programme.I remember seeing Rodney,Frank Saul And Tony Hazell,and I think it was about October 1970 when I first set foot inside Loftus Rd.
Just seen a programme on eBay from the Portsmouth game on the 24th October and the price was 1s or 1s3d if you wanted the football league review in it.That might’ve been my first game.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 9:54]
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 09:46 - Apr 10 with 3932 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fell asleep on the tube and woke up at White City. As I’d missed the district line connection at Notting Hill Gate to Fulham Broadway and it was now 14:40hrs, this copper suggested if I wanted to see a game, then there was a club playing nearby.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 09:53 - Apr 10 with 3915 viewsMiss_Terraces

I got brainwashed by my grandad, dad, uncles and older brothers. Really boring I know but it's good to hear your path, of supporting this beautiful club of ours.
God I miss the Rangers more than ever

URRRSSSSS!!!!!

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 09:53 - Apr 10 with 3911 viewsRog

Rodney
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 10:00 - Apr 10 with 3886 viewswood_hoop

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 07:41 - Apr 10 by timcocking

Ditto, no family connections, got taken to LR mid 70's and suffered ever since
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 10:07 - Apr 10 with 3882 viewsjohann28

Born Hammersmith.
Loved the colours.
We were quite good then.
Hated other London teams.
Login to get fewer ads

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 10:16 - Apr 10 with 3866 viewsderbyhoop

Dad used to take me to many of the London clubs but QPR were the nearest and I could walk to the ground from about 8/9 years old.
Under the walls of the Scrubs but it was scarier going through White City Estate.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 10:17 - Apr 10 with 3866 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My Dad and his mates were all season ticket holders. My older brother was brought down there when he was born and I was brought to my first game when I was a baby, not even a year old. A baptism, I suppose. We won 4-0, Rodney scored two and that was me.

My brother changed clubs a few times as a kid. He's Arsenal now. But thankfully I never did.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 10:36 - Apr 10 with 3840 viewsdistortR

21 august 1974. My eldest brother had a glamorous girlfriend. She came back with him, and asked me and my older brother what team they supported. My brother, a 12 yr old who supported whoever had the hardest fans, said leeds. QPR had just beaten them, so 7 year old me said QPR to piss him off. He hit me. It worked. So I stayed loyal (Not to my family, obviously).
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 10:36 - Apr 10 with 3840 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We lived in Kilburn, and both my parents called themselves Spurs fans but never went. Used to go to the R’s after one of them took me to a swimming session at the (old) Janet Adegoke centre purely because it was local. This was in the 92’ season where we were too dogs in London so I latched on as a glory hunter which turned out to be a big mistake.

If one of my parents couldn’t go I’d go with a Irish family who were mad for the R’s as I was best mates with one of them at school.

My family have a massive connection to Charlton as half of them have worked for the club funnily enough so there was a lot of pressure from them growing up that I resisted.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 10:51 - Apr 10 with 3804 viewsTHEBUSH

Was born in Shepherds Bush, a stones throw from the Green.

How could I support anyone else.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 11:11 - Apr 10 with 3769 viewspeejaybee

Born in Aclam Road,most of the neighbours were Rsss and we all walked to LR 1948.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 11:47 - Apr 10 with 3735 viewsdanehoop

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 11:11 - Apr 10 by peejaybee

Born in Aclam Road,most of the neighbours were Rsss and we all walked to LR 1948.

Moved to sunny Ruislip when I was 7 in early 70’s. Other kids at school supported variety on London clubs including some who I disliked who supported Chel****. QPR were local side and obvious choice to be different. Got to my first game 5 years later, hooked fully ever since. Went regularly until my early 20’s when work took me overseas. My attendance fell away, but still usually got to HQ few times a season (including long weekend from China one year). Family circumstances have limited me for past couple of years, but hopefully should be back for next season.

Never knowingly understood

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 11:56 - Apr 10 with 3717 viewsterryb

I was born & brought up as a supporter of Chesham United with my "league club" changing on a regular basis.

Aston Villa & Bolton only lasted a season (FA Cup winners), but the Norwich giant killing team of 1959 remained for six years with Terry Bly & then Terry Alcock my hero. I saw them a few times play at Luton & was once taken to Carrow Road for a match against Southampton. I lost any affection for them though when Ron Saunders & Duncan Forbes were there!

I then glory hunted for a short period following Liverpool. I do not forgive myself for being at Anfield for the first game of the season instead of being at LR for our first game in the top division!

In the League Cup winning season, my brother started going to Rangers & I eventually joined him, with home to Norwich in August 1967 as my first visit too The Bush. This co-incided with my first season of playing adult football (as a 15 year old) & Chesham reaching Wembley in the FA Amateur Cup final, so I shared my footballing options three ways! Villa Park in May 1968 still remains my favourite away day though & possibly still my favourite Rangers moment!

Into the top division but Rangers still were not "my team". I think the change from follower to supporter came with two defeats close to the start of 1969. At home to Leeds & away to Tottenham we were brilliant & I felt so gutted at the injustice of losing those games. I was now hooked!

Back in the second division & I decided to only play on Sundays that season so that I could watch Rangers home & away. I moved to Ipswich in 1974 & my trips to Rangers reduced year on year until the Holloway promotion season & for 2004/05 I bacame a ST holder for the first time along with my eldest son.

I did learn that you don't have to be a regular to be a supporter & the pain of defeat was just as great when I wasn't there!
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 11:56 - Apr 10 with 3714 viewsEsox_Lucius

Why would you NOT be a QPR supporter?

The grass is always greener.

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 11:59 - Apr 10 with 3702 viewsstevec

Grew up in W10. From our front room you could see the floodlights the opposite side of White City Stadium. With the right wind direction you could hear every goal celebrated, even near misses.

When I was too young to go, my dad used to drive up to Ellerslie Road for night games, park up, open the car windows and we’d ‘listen’ to it all outside. Supporters made a lot of noise back then.

Parents relented shortly after and that was that.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 12:09 - Apr 10 with 3684 viewsRangersDave

great grandad, grandad, dad, me, my son.

Pretty much goes back to Close to 1882 i think.

Why? Why the hell not?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 12:16 - Apr 10 with 3675 viewsTonto

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 07:41 - Apr 10 by timcocking

This

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 12:24 - Apr 10 with 3659 viewsJuzzie

Born just off Labroke Grove in a hospital on the same patch of land as one of our former grounds (St Quintin Avenues).
Can’t get much closer than that!

Grew up around Portobello Road.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 12:24 - Apr 10 with 3659 viewshamptonhillhoop

Dad grew up on the White City Estate, mum lived in Loftus Road. The whole of my dad's family were Rangers so grew up just assuming that's the way it was. And it still is
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 12:38 - Apr 10 with 3639 viewsMichael_Hunt

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 10:51 - Apr 10 by THEBUSH

Was born in Shepherds Bush, a stones throw from the Green.

How could I support anyone else.

Me too, (Richmond Gardens), it was demolished in the early 60’s ; family moved to Slough in 1960 but Nan lived in Westville Road so used to visit her on Saturdays and go to the match.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 12:44 - Apr 10 with 3624 viewsted_hendrix

Born in Queen Charlotte's Hospital, me big brother took me to LR as an 8 year old in 1958, in the Loft corner by the Ellersie Road there was a tea stall and on the counter there was the biggest tea pot I had ever seen which fascinated me more than the game, during the second half I looked around at the tea stall and a crowd had gathered and then decided to have a free for all punch up, me brother grabbed me arm and quickly got me out of there and we went home on the trolley bus, I told my Dad about the punch up and he bollocked me Brother
I'm sure we were playing Orient.

I've supported the useless bastards ever since.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 13:05 - Apr 10 with 3586 viewsAirtomoreira

I was born (1954) and raised in Liverpool. I supported Liverpool as a youngster, I’d go to every home game and stand in the Anfield Road end. It was so boring. They won every time. If the opposition got even so much as a corner, people were carried out of The Kop on stretchers, having fainted.

I’d seen the name of this odd football team on the Saturday football results on TV. QPR? What’s all that about……In 1967, the semi final 1st leg of the League Cup, away to Birmingham, was on Sportsnight. I watched the highlights. 1st half, we got battered, how we were only 1 — 0 down at half time, I do not know. 2nd half…..we scored 4 goals, winning 4 — 1. That was it for me, I had to follow this team.

I was 12 at the time, so thought it was ok to support both Liverpool and Rangers — after all, they were in different divisions. But then Rangers won two successive promotions, and ended up, one sunny Autumn day, playing at Anfield. I duly turned up in the Anfield Road to watch. We were battered 2 — 0. Ron Springett played an absolute blinder. My mind was immediately made up. Liverpool didn’t need my support, but QPR did!

After that, there was only one team for me. It’s now 50 years since that life changing decision, and I don’t regret it for one minute.

Biggest high — sitting in the Main Stand at Anfield with my Liverpool supporting brother in law for the 2nd leg of the Milk Cup Semi Final in 1986. For those of you who don’t know, we drew 2 — 2 on the night, thanks to two Liverpool own goals (comedy magic), and went to Wembley 3 — 2 on aggregate (we don’t talk about the final of course….)

Biggest low — Norwich. I was there. I still bear the scars.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024