Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Worst QPR Game You Went To 14:27 - Apr 14 with 6192 viewsAntti_Heinola

We always do thebest as that cheers us up, but how about the worst? Choose your own guidelines - could be just an awful game, or you had a bad experience, or relegation.

I think mine has to be the home defeat by Southampton after Ray Jones died. It was awful, so sad, and on top of that a portion of the crowd were furious that the players didn't honour him by playing better and showed zero sympathy for a team grieving a teammate. Absolutely awful.

God, this is a terrible idea, sorry everyone.

Other than that, Vauxhall Motors was probably the most inept performance I've ever seen. But it triggered the most exhilarating run in recent memory for pure drama.

Bare bones.

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 16:29 - Apr 14 with 1321 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 15:55 - Apr 14 by paulparker

Port vale 2 - QPR 0 1999

Coventry 1 - QPR 0 1996

QPR 0 -Tranmere 0 a midweek game in 98

Oxford 3 QPR 0 1986

QPR 0 - Southampton 4 , 08 the day of ray jones being remembered

Northampton 3 -QPR 0 , 2004

QPR 1- Ipswich 2 , 2009

Cardiff 1- QPR 0 2003

Fulham 6 - QPR 0 2011

oh god, Cardiff of course.
Sat in silence in the car for 5 hours going home from that.

Bare bones.

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 16:32 - Apr 14 with 1321 viewsplasmahoop

The biggest contrast in emotion for me was the victory at gillingham followed by the 5 nil at Wimbledon. I was living and working in medway at the time, and had a great afternoon on the piss with mainly gills supporting colleagues. It was a bit of a spawny I nil win, but who cared, I was on a high at work after. Eager to repeat I went to the Wimbledon game which was thoroughly crap. I went out in Kingston in the evening and stayed at a mates. He behaved like an idiot, got us into a fight, thoroughly miserable day. Couldn't really afford it, my wife was not impressed, got loads of earache for ages afterwards and it kept coming up in arguments and greatly curtailed my attendances for a while
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 16:33 - Apr 14 with 1317 viewshantssi

Anyone else at Highbury for the Villa League Cup semi-final replay, ‘78ish?
If I recall Brian Little tor’s us a new one (hat trick I believe), I went with such expectation and left much like that game in ‘86 we’ve all forgotten!
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 16:37 - Apr 14 with 1314 viewsted_hendrix

Car load drove to Middlesbrough, M1 shut so diverted through Derbyshire arrived at Middlesbrough at 2.50pm watched us get tonked 4-0, Car load drove to Nottingham, Motorway shut for over an hour got to Nottingham by the skin of our teeth and watched their fourth goal sail unopposed into our net of it's own free will. Stockport bloody County in that pointless fecking cup competition in the freezing cold.
Being the driver somehow makes it worse, it really does.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 16:45 - Apr 14 with 1295 viewsqpr_1968

quite a few bad results to narrow it down.
so I am going for my worst week in my eyes, ever.

2002/03 season.
luton away Saturday, got absolutely soaked going to the game. drew 0-0 against 9 man luton.
on the Tuesday was when Vauxhall motors knocked us out the cup.
and live on tv, Friday, lose to Cardiff at home 4-0.
3 shockers in 6 days.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 16:53 - Apr 14 with 1274 viewsaston_hoop

In terms of poor performance, the Friday Night 4-0 defeat to Cardiff under Holloway the first time round, I think Earnshaw scored a hat-trick. The only time I have ever left a game early, I was just so bloody cold and annoyed that I couldnt be bothered at 3-0 down.

In terms of dreadful games, I recall a midweek 0-0 at the Ricoh some years back. I hate the Ricoh and I'm sure there wasnt even a chance on goal that night. Thats how I remember it anyway.

And from a personal level, a 1-1 draw midweek v Derby during the Warnock promotion season. I'd given up my season ticket that year as I had to work most weekends so could only pick and choose games. I got a load of genuine vitriol all match from some of our 'fans' who spent the whole game telling me they'd never seen my face at a game before and that I should be careful. A realisation for me even our wonderful club has its scum.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 16:54 - Apr 14 with 1272 viewsblacky200

Sheff Wed 5 - 2 QPR. Dec 2000. Started out with a puncture on the way up and missing a turn off on the motorway to pick a friend up resulted in a 40 mile round trip to the next junction and back. Then had a car crash (not bad just a fender bender). Got there and had to park miles away in the freezing cold. Got absolutely stuffed and we played awfully. Back to the car after the game to find the window broken and the stereo missing and a freezing cold and queit trip back to London.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:03 - Apr 14 with 1250 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 16:45 - Apr 14 by qpr_1968

quite a few bad results to narrow it down.
so I am going for my worst week in my eyes, ever.

2002/03 season.
luton away Saturday, got absolutely soaked going to the game. drew 0-0 against 9 man luton.
on the Tuesday was when Vauxhall motors knocked us out the cup.
and live on tv, Friday, lose to Cardiff at home 4-0.
3 shockers in 6 days.

a lot of people saying this one. Amazing that it was the same season as the play-off final really where we marked Earnshaw out the game!
Was an awful week.
but then Ollie spent 2 hours in the back of a on a p!ssy, rainy day begging David Davies to let us get Cookie in on loan. And the rest is history.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:07 - Apr 14 with 1238 viewsMrSheen

1-4 away at Oxford in 1998, I think it was the last straw for Ray Harford. History records that Andy Thomson scored the third goal, but all I can remember of it was Dean Windass trampling all over us. That side had Maddix, Yates, Peacock, Murray and Gallen, but it was still gutless and hopeless, not even a thunderbolt from Tony Sculinho could lift the spirits.

Oh, and Coventry away in 1996. Didn't play at all.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 17:15]
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:10 - Apr 14 with 1233 viewsflynnbo

Away to Leeds when we lost 6-1 after we'd taken the lead through a great Ainsworth strike and then Brian Deane scored 4.
Milk Cup Final though that never happened and should have been referenced in the "Yesterday" film.
Plymouth one Boxing Day in the early noughties -long drive and a defeat.
2003 Play Off final.
Peterborough away losing 4-1(?) on Danny Shittu's debut, I beleive.
Losing at MK Dons.
Villa in 1977 in League cup semi final replay losing 3-0.
Losing 0-4 at home to Everton in 76/77, I think.
Losing 0-2 to Leicester in the FAC around 1974.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:14 - Apr 14 with 1224 viewscharmr

Agree with plenty on here

Leicester City FA Cup 74, Joe fing Waters

Didn’t turn up

Didn’t see it had Already been mentioned

Chesterfield away anyone lost 4-2 maybe. Not sure what year. Holloway was the manager. It rained all game as well.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 17:40]
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:15 - Apr 14 with 1220 viewsstowmarketrange

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 16:33 - Apr 14 by hantssi

Anyone else at Highbury for the Villa League Cup semi-final replay, ‘78ish?
If I recall Brian Little tor’s us a new one (hat trick I believe), I went with such expectation and left much like that game in ‘86 we’ve all forgotten!

1977 and some git nicked my programme.
A few arsenal idiots started singing their team’s name on the north bank but they got battered by fans of every other London team who seemed to be there that night.
Too many bad games to mention over the years,but any trip up north where we get beat by a team that we should be beating spring to mind.Usually without even putting up a fight on the pitch.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:22 - Apr 14 with 1203 viewscharmr

Have to agree about Highbury, really hurt
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:24 - Apr 14 with 1200 viewsDevon_4_England

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 15:55 - Apr 14 by paulparker

Port vale 2 - QPR 0 1999

Coventry 1 - QPR 0 1996

QPR 0 -Tranmere 0 a midweek game in 98

Oxford 3 QPR 0 1986

QPR 0 - Southampton 4 , 08 the day of ray jones being remembered

Northampton 3 -QPR 0 , 2004

QPR 1- Ipswich 2 , 2009

Cardiff 1- QPR 0 2003

Fulham 6 - QPR 0 2011

Bloody Eoin Jess
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:27 - Apr 14 with 1190 viewsbakerloo8

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:15 - Apr 14 by stowmarketrange

1977 and some git nicked my programme.
A few arsenal idiots started singing their team’s name on the north bank but they got battered by fans of every other London team who seemed to be there that night.
Too many bad games to mention over the years,but any trip up north where we get beat by a team that we should be beating spring to mind.Usually without even putting up a fight on the pitch.

I will go for a couple of others here, seeing as many of the good ones have been taken.

5-0 at Southend was a fairly low point sometime in the early 2000's but probably usurped by a mauling at WBA sometime later in that decade under John Gregory. Remember it was an luchtime kickoff and i had been on the sauce on the coach up from about 8am with the missus at the time. Seeing Zesh Rahman hauled off at halftime for John Curtis (still the worst player I have ever seen at Qpr in my lifetime) was a pure suicide moment, and one I still cant recreate in my worst nightmares. Think it ended 5-1 and it could've been 40-0, girlfriend said on the way out the classic its only a game line. Dont think the relationship made it back home :)
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:42 - Apr 14 with 1165 viewsCiderwithRsie

Can't pin down the game, but one of the home games in the Ray Harford era, I remember thinking before we'd even kicked off: "I'm not here because I'm looking forward to this, or because I want to be here, I'm here because its Rangers and I suppose I've got to be."

And during the game I remember thinking: "I suppose this is what it's like if you used to be in love with a beautiful classy woman and you're still hanging around with her when she's a pissed-up old slag."

Whenever I think of Ian Holloway I always remember that, because he stopped all that.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:50 - Apr 14 with 1152 viewsCamberleyR

A couple from 1995/96.

The home game game against Man U. Not a defeat but absolutely felt like one. Never left LR as deflated as that day.

The Coventry away game. We didn't turn up but with Hateley lumbering about for 70 odd minutes before he was thankfully put out of his misery we were virtually playing with ten men anyway. Impey then gets himself stupidly sent off right on full time. An awful day.

I'm still convinced had we won that day we'd have just about stayed up.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:56 - Apr 14 with 1143 viewsjohann28

Vauxhall Motors obviously. And that thing against Oxford which I still have nightmares about. But was anyone on here in Belgrade in 1984? I was living in Rome at the time and considered it a nice little mid-week jolly. Knew on arrival (as did the players?) that this was going to be a monster - the place was really full and intimidating, and I remember the players being bombarded with coins, ball bearings and whatnnot when they did a pitch inspection; it was horrible. Memory is hazy, but I think we conceded early and then again from a pen just before half time, and two more within half an hour or so of the re-start. All we needed was one but we just looked completely shellshocked throughout. Makes me ill just thinking about it.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 18:03]
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 18:02 - Apr 14 with 1131 viewsflynnbo

Forgot about the home game against Wigan when they equalised from the free kick following Remy's wonder goal. For me, that was on a par with that late, late, late, late, late Manure equaliser for disappointment factor!
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 18:09 - Apr 14 with 1115 viewsjohncharles

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 15:07 - Apr 14 by derbyhoop

Reading 0 QPR 0.
I went even though it was live on Sky. Atmosphere non-existent. Hardly a shot at goal in the whole 90 minutes.
Both teams got relegated because of the result.

I had to borrow a program to check that I had watched a Premier League match. It really was that poor.
Compounded by Bosingwa laughing his way off the pitch.

We’ve had a few recently against the fakes. 0 - 0 borefests. Absolutely brain damaging crap.

Strong and stable my arse.

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 18:14 - Apr 14 with 1110 viewsloftboy

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:56 - Apr 14 by johann28

Vauxhall Motors obviously. And that thing against Oxford which I still have nightmares about. But was anyone on here in Belgrade in 1984? I was living in Rome at the time and considered it a nice little mid-week jolly. Knew on arrival (as did the players?) that this was going to be a monster - the place was really full and intimidating, and I remember the players being bombarded with coins, ball bearings and whatnnot when they did a pitch inspection; it was horrible. Memory is hazy, but I think we conceded early and then again from a pen just before half time, and two more within half an hour or so of the re-start. All we needed was one but we just looked completely shellshocked throughout. Makes me ill just thinking about it.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 18:03]

I believe Wombat was there.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 18:17 - Apr 14 with 1106 viewsHantsR

The first one that came to mind was an awful 0-0 against Cambridge, can't remember when but I think Kitson was playing for Cantab. It was a reduced price match so I took my son to watch but even the £5? was daylight robbery.

Others are coming to mind, starting at Wembley 1986 - but I'm trying to cheer myself up.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 18:24 - Apr 14 with 1087 viewsstowmarketrange

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 18:17 - Apr 14 by HantsR

The first one that came to mind was an awful 0-0 against Cambridge, can't remember when but I think Kitson was playing for Cantab. It was a reduced price match so I took my son to watch but even the £5? was daylight robbery.

Others are coming to mind, starting at Wembley 1986 - but I'm trying to cheer myself up.

The away game against Cambridge was worse as we got beat 2-1.We went supposedly in the family stand, but it was just a couple of seats in their main stand,and I almost got into a fight with one of the locals.Mainly because I was pointing out how much time their long haired keeper was wasting.
Saw Kevin Gallen at the end of the game who was sat in the same stand.I think he signed for us again a little time after.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 18:41 - Apr 14 with 1053 viewsRangersw12

Swansea away in the cup 18.30 kick off on a Sunday Couldn't have been more than 500 Rangers the whole town seemed to turn out for us and we lost 4-0
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 18:48 - Apr 14 with 1043 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:50 - Apr 14 by CamberleyR

A couple from 1995/96.

The home game game against Man U. Not a defeat but absolutely felt like one. Never left LR as deflated as that day.

The Coventry away game. We didn't turn up but with Hateley lumbering about for 70 odd minutes before he was thankfully put out of his misery we were virtually playing with ten men anyway. Impey then gets himself stupidly sent off right on full time. An awful day.

I'm still convinced had we won that day we'd have just about stayed up.

yeah that Cantona one was a sickener. That's right up there. We played so, so well that day.
Robbie fkn Hart.
Is it true he never reffed another game after that?

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024