Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Worst QPR Game You Went To 14:27 - Apr 14 with 6193 viewsAntti_Heinola

We always do thebest as that cheers us up, but how about the worst? Choose your own guidelines - could be just an awful game, or you had a bad experience, or relegation.

I think mine has to be the home defeat by Southampton after Ray Jones died. It was awful, so sad, and on top of that a portion of the crowd were furious that the players didn't honour him by playing better and showed zero sympathy for a team grieving a teammate. Absolutely awful.

God, this is a terrible idea, sorry everyone.

Other than that, Vauxhall Motors was probably the most inept performance I've ever seen. But it triggered the most exhilarating run in recent memory for pure drama.

Bare bones.

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 03:41 - Apr 15 with 1321 viewsHooparoo

What a miserable bloody thread this is. We should change our name to Self Flagellation FC.

Come and have a cuddle then cheer up FFS.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 06:51 - Apr 15 with 1273 viewsdistortR

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 01:24 - Apr 15 by MrSheen

I feel we could have a whole section dedicated to “Worst QPR game you went to at Selhurst Park”. The miserable process of getting there and back from such a dismal comfort vacuum put you 90% of the way to a terrible time even before any football broke out. I’d chuck in a 3-0 Sunday surrender, when I spent all too little time watching Steve Slade prancing about helplessly like Bambi in the far distance, and far too much staring into the joyous gurning gums of David “Hillbilly” Hopkin.

and nowhere to drink anywhere near the fvcking place. We once brought some cans and went into some random house's back garden. Neighbour came out to ask what we were doing, we said 'Dave said it was alright'. He looked confused but didn't take it any further!
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 06:53 - Apr 15 with 1271 viewsstowmarketrange

I feel we could have a whole section dedicated to “Worst QPR game you went to at Selhurst Park”. The miserable process of getting there and back from such a dismal comfort vacuum put you 90% of the way to a terrible time even before any football broke out. I’d chuck in a 3-0 Sunday surrender, when I spent all too little time watching Steve Slade prancing about helplessly like Bambi in the far distance, and far too much staring into the joyous gurning gums of David “Hillbilly” Hopkin.

I used to live in mitcham,and it was a real pain to get to selhurst Park even from there.One ground I don’t miss going to.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 07:21 - Apr 15 with 1258 viewsHantsR

Wasn't that the one on Remembrance Sunday and Karl Ready got sent off? Gosh that was dire.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 10:33 - Apr 15 with 1172 viewsMetallica_Hoop

West Ham a few years ago.

We couldn't put three passes together.
It was worse than anything I saw in League 1/Division 2 where you expect some play like that occassionaly.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 10:39 - Apr 15 with 1168 viewsfrancisbowles

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 16:33 - Apr 14 by hantssi

Anyone else at Highbury for the Villa League Cup semi-final replay, ‘78ish?
If I recall Brian Little tor’s us a new one (hat trick I believe), I went with such expectation and left much like that game in ‘86 we’ve all forgotten!

Oh yeah, had forgotten about that one. Stood on the North Bank. A real up down semi, disappointing first leg, great second leg to force the replay, London advantage, didn't turn up.

Not quite as bad as 86 but not far behind it.

Think it was 77, the same season as the EUFA quarter defeat. The last hurrah from our great team of 75-76.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 11:10 - Apr 15 with 1131 viewsfrancisbowles

One that hasn't been mentioned. 1974, I think, going well, back in the old 1st division we became London's top team and flew a flag over the ground to let everyone.

We beat Sheffield Wednesday 8-2 in the league cup and got another home draw with third division Plymouth Argyle. Promptly lost 3-0 and I left after the third, first time I had left a game early.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 11:14 - Apr 15 with 1125 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This cheaper than counselling.
Login to get fewer ads

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 12:20 - Apr 15 with 1080 viewswestberksr

christ alive, this was cheerful reading and brought happy memories flooding back. I have an unusual gift for completely forgetting results, stats, players, years and you bunch of arseholes go and start chatting about them and reminding me!

just from those on here already that i'd tried to forget about and a couple I've added

oxford 4-1
oxford 3-0
coventry 96 1-0
Man yoo 96 1-1
Newcastle 16 0-6
bardiff POF 1-0
Fulham 11 6-0
Swansea 12 0-5
huddersfield 01 2-1

a selection of disappointing, unfair, deflating and collectively typical games where i have questioned the very existence of good on earth.

There are many, many more but these are the obvious ones that you have reminded me of and a couple that even I cant forget!!
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 12:22 - Apr 15 with 1079 viewsRs_Holy

Vauxhall Motors
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 12:52 - Apr 15 with 1055 viewsCheshireR

It's fair to say that during my 45+ match-going years I have witnessed plenty of poor performances, most of which have already been mentioned in this thread.
But the clear winner of worst game goes to our pitiful display at Wembley in 1986. Non of the others even come close.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 16:58 - Apr 15 with 969 viewsqprxtc

There have been many bad days watching Rangers for various different reasons. Footballing, general life crises, my own drunken stupidity, hooligan bollocks etc

QPR v The kings road shite 78/79 0-0

First taste of that lot and the joy of people kicking and smacking others for supporting a different football team to them. It all kicked off when Rangers scores a disallowed goal and that lots fans took it not so well. My dad hoisted me over the Loft wall into the paddock. I ran past Don Shanks. That lot from the kings road are total c unts. Always and forever.

QPR v Leeds 78/79 lost 1-4.

Freezing cold day and in my first season going as an eight year old I saw how it was really going to be from now on. Freezing, watching a shit team getting rogered senseless in a depressing atmosphere. Eight I was. Now fifty. Bloody idiot.

West Brom v QPR FA cup 3r round 1982/83.

I really, honestly thought we’d win the FA Cup as we were runners up the year before. Couldn’t understand how we lost and I cried into my dinner. My mum told me to pull yourself together you idiot. There’s people starving in the world. She was right. But still. B*llocks.

Partisan Bograde v QPR. 2nd leg UEFA.

Put me off my dinner (liver and bacon) and went to bed at 6.30. Mullery is a pratt.

April 20 1986. Sweet Jaysus. Aagghh.

QPR v Bradford 1-0 win live on Sky.

Quite honestly one of the most godawful games I’d ever seen up to them. Can’t remember the season but it was a dubious penalty we won by. Just a few years before we had a decent shout for winning the league. Then this. Made me realise that when football is played badly by two shit teams it is quite honestly the worst game in the world.

The whole 2000/01 season. F ucking hell. I B lame that season for my Guinness dependence.

Many away days where I have got so shitfaced that I can’t remember.

And thats just the beginning.

Well, that was fun recalling all that. Gordon Bennett. Cheers Antti.

Time for a pint.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:51 - Apr 15 with 936 viewsTacticalR

@qprxtc 'West Brom v QPR FA cup 3r round 1982/83.

I really, honestly thought we’d win the FA Cup as we were runners up the year before. Couldn’t understand how we lost and I cried into my dinner. My mum told me to pull yourself together you idiot. There’s people starving in the world. She was right. But still. B*llocks.'

With all due respect to your mum, I can't see how our fortunes in the FA cup have any relation to world starvation.

Air hostess clique

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:58 - Apr 15 with 924 viewsR_from_afar

For me it has to be the one below, because although the play-off final defeat against Cardiff was a bitter blow and I felt utterly bereft, at least I was with three of my QPR supporting mates, in the pleasant surroundings of a corporate box. So, it’s QPR 0 Coventry 1, on Monday, December 19, 2005. The start of the report from the QPR official website makes for grim reading….

Coventry have beaten Rangers with their only shot on target, an 86th minute penalty after Simon Royce had been sent off. Gary McSheffrey was brought down by the Rangers stopper as the curse of Sky struck again and Royce didn't even wait for the card to be brandished before walking off towards the tunnel. Jake Cole was forced to pick the ball out of the net no sooner had he taken to the pitch after McSheffrey converted.
It was a harsh finish to a game which Rangers had dominated from start to finish.

… but there were other issues for me, namely:

- As said, I was Billy No Mates that night. It being a Monday night, my usual gang could not make it
- I drove straight from work (in Datchet) but, with no satnav and trying to navigate using a roadmap, I initially crawled through heavy rush-hour traffic for over 20 minutes only to come out where I had started
- It was a freezing cold night and I could’ve stayed home in the warm and watched it on Sky
- We didn’t deserve to lose but still managed to, naturellement, the game being on Sky
- It took an age to get home (and thaw out) and I got to bed really late, in a foul mood.

The things we do for love!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:59 - Apr 15 with 924 viewsqprxtc

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 17:51 - Apr 15 by TacticalR

@qprxtc 'West Brom v QPR FA cup 3r round 1982/83.

I really, honestly thought we’d win the FA Cup as we were runners up the year before. Couldn’t understand how we lost and I cried into my dinner. My mum told me to pull yourself together you idiot. There’s people starving in the world. She was right. But still. B*llocks.'

With all due respect to your mum, I can't see how our fortunes in the FA cup have any relation to world starvation.

Yeah I know. I reckon she thought I was overreacting to a football result compared to genuine world troubles.

Complete nonsense as I have told her when she gets angry about stuff like Brexit and works virus lockdowns.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 18:00 - Apr 15 with 922 viewsTeddRanger

That Friday night game (0 4) against Cardiff took some beating.

I'm sick of our regular defeats to the bus stop brigade.

The last home game of our relegation season in 2001.Losing 3 0 at home to Stockport. I had visions of us never bouncing back form relegation so poor were we.

Who remembers a 0 0 against Watford on a very,very cold (December/January)day when Uncle Neil decided to play without any strikers??

I was very lucky to have given Vauxhall Motors a swerve on the other hand!
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 18:02]
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 18:10 - Apr 15 with 910 viewsderbyhoop

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 15:34 - Apr 14 by terryb

Ther most obvious one is Norwich on Easter Saturday 1976. Not the performance, but for what it cosy us (and me personally as I had a bet on us being Champions at 40/1!).

Then we have two candidates from the 68/69 season:-

Away to Peterborough in the Leage Cup, a 4-1 defeat after scoring first to a team three divisions below us. I still regard this as far worse than losing to Vauxhall Motors who were also three divisions below us!

Then we had a Boxing Day massacre at home to West Brom. I think this was Ron Springett's last game for us & that day he made Bankole look good! The scoreline would have been a lot worse but for Brown & Astle deciding to aim at Ron as he ran away from the ball instead of scoring!

Thinking about it, Tony Brown that day could have made the list of best performances against us!

Remember West Brom one.

Springett was so poor he got a cheer when he managed to stop a back pass - from the opposition half.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 19:19 - Apr 15 with 873 viewseastside_r

God where to start. Obviously a lot of cross-over with other posters.

That game in 86, can’t remember a lot about it, still repressing the horror all these years on.

Cardiff 0-4. Topped a bad week. I was really ill and off work so missed the Vauxhall Motors calamity even though I had been to the original game at Chester. Needed a lift, so struggled off my sick bed to go to the game on Friday. Went for a few medicinal ones in the Mailcoach, which must have had a midnight licence and then proceeded to watch the last eastbound train disappear as I got to the platform at Shepherd’s Bush, leaving a 2hour+ night bus trek home. Just what I needed!

The 0-5 at Wimbledon (Selhurst), we were absolutely abysmal. I knew that day that we were returning to the third tier for the first time in my lifetime.

The worst for me however was the 1-6 at the cess pit under Hughes. I had given myself good time to get in and enjoy the atmosphere, but due to over-zealous security checks only got in just as the first one hit the back of our net. Even though our paths had long since diverged, we always had the 6-0 over the filth to cherish. By midway in the first-half I though they would end up with double figures. We were chasing shadows and captain racist had scored for them. When their sixth went in, I had had enough, one of the very, very few times that I have left early. I just couldn’t face their horrible, gloating faces at full-time. I had already decided to go back via South Ken (to avoid their hordes after the game) and was most of the way there when I heard on my radio that Cisse had got that consolation.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 21:05 - Apr 15 with 827 viewsStanisgod

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 14:33 - Apr 14 by thame_hoops

Swansea 0-5 was a bad one, got a ticket from LFW regular 'StanisGod', at least the company was good.

i always remember a dire 0-0 with Wimbledon back in maybe 91/92

Sorry mate

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 21:07 - Apr 15 with 827 viewsOregonQPR

May 1987: Lost 7-1 away to Washday (biggest defeat I’ve ever seen). Game was notable for being the only one David Seaman missed that season and he was replaced by Paul Barron.

Two days later we lost 4-1 at home to the Arse.

A honorary mention should go to another match in September of that season away to Man City. 0-0 and not a shot on goal for either team from memory. Added to that trying to navigate the dodgy alleys behind the away end of Maine Road without coming a cropper.

Crewe away in the League Cup. We had won the 1st leg 8-1 (highest win I’ve ever seen along with Burnley 7-0) and the supporter’s club train was late and we didn’t arrive until half time and we were already 3-0 down. That was how it finished. All those on the train got free travel to Coventry away.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 21:14 - Apr 15 with 821 viewskomradkirk

Home loss to Grimsby just before relegation to the third tier.

A 0-0 at home to Cambridge Utd when they charged a fiver a ticket.daylight robbery that one.

the 0-4 against Cardiff was grim

Boro sticking five past us home wasn't mighty fun either.

i know the title is worst game but we have so many to choose from.
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 09:43 - Apr 16 with 722 viewsloftus77

Rangers 1 Everton 5 in 1977? Bob Latchford running riot.

Should have known then.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 9:44]
The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 09:58 - Apr 16 with 714 viewsLancashirehoop

Preston 5 QPR 0 10th Feb 2001.

A drab February day and a drab match. 0-0 at half time I thought we might be going home with a point. The 2nd half Preston didn't get better we just capitulated and starting in the 50th minute we conceded 5 goals at regular intervals. We were sat in the old wooden stand in the corner and with 5 minutes to go we left as the atmosphere in the stand got really bad and I thought we were going to start fighting amongst ourselves. Walking away with my daughter I said 4-0 isn't that bad, then the crowd roared for the 5th. One of the few times I've left before the final whistle.

QPR: Miklosko, Darlington, Baraclough, Kulcsar, Rose, Wardley, Morrow, Peacock, Connolly, Ngonge, Kiwomya. Subs: Harper, Heinola, Ready, Scully, Dowie.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 10:15 - Apr 16 with 698 viewsLythamR

The Worst QPR Game You Went To on 09:58 - Apr 16 by Lancashirehoop

Preston 5 QPR 0 10th Feb 2001.

A drab February day and a drab match. 0-0 at half time I thought we might be going home with a point. The 2nd half Preston didn't get better we just capitulated and starting in the 50th minute we conceded 5 goals at regular intervals. We were sat in the old wooden stand in the corner and with 5 minutes to go we left as the atmosphere in the stand got really bad and I thought we were going to start fighting amongst ourselves. Walking away with my daughter I said 4-0 isn't that bad, then the crowd roared for the 5th. One of the few times I've left before the final whistle.

QPR: Miklosko, Darlington, Baraclough, Kulcsar, Rose, Wardley, Morrow, Peacock, Connolly, Ngonge, Kiwomya. Subs: Harper, Heinola, Ready, Scully, Dowie.

I was in the upper tier seats, the atmosphere turned poisonous as the players trooped off at half time, some of our fans were calling for Francis to f*ck of you c**t. and scuffles developed between our own fans at half time

Clarke Carlisle and his mum came and sat in the row behind me for the second half, quite an effort for Clarke as his leg was in a splint and he was on crutches. the second half was a complete car crash,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024