Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pomanjou 15:53 - Apr 16 with 8060 viewsHantsR

Many of you on the site will be familiar with Pomanjou, who posted quite frequently on this site until a couple of years ago. Pom (Dave Pearce) and I sat together in SAR C Block until late last season when he was too unwell to make the journey anymore and made a point of giving his ST to me for the last game or two. At Christmas I wrote to him and learned that his various illnesses were taking a serious toll. Yesterday, his son wrote to me via Clive and told me of his passing, I presume finally losing his battle with cancer.

I have sent my sincere condolences to his family, some of whom I got to know at Loftus Road (LR) when they took up empty seats near us in SAR.

It was amusing how Dave and I met because we had previously personally communicated on various topics via LFW a few times without ever meeting or really knowing each other. In 2009 I had gratefully accepted his offer of 2 tickets to an away match at Doncaster (awful game as it so happened!). I remember promising him a pint and a dodgy pie if we ever met - he never held me to that promise!

Anyway, when I took up my current QPR Season Ticket seat in South Africa Road (SAR) a few years ago, he occupied the adjacent seat. I remember being gently challenged and feeling obliged to show him my new Season Ticket to prove I was in the right place, as I was in a seat that had previously been allocated to a fellow fan with whom he had been quite friendly. I like to think we warmed to each other and during one of our subsequent friendly chats, upon learning that I live in Hampshire, he asked me, "do you post on LFW?" and I was so surprised and delighted to meet 'Pomanjou' in person!

He told me the origin of his soubriquet, Pomanjou (i.e. derived from his business importing pommes from the Loire, Anjou area) and I got the impression that he did very well from it and had a nice place in Pinner, where he also had a number of apple trees - as I do in Hampshire, so another thing in common. I admired the fact that even in his late 70s, he used to come to LR after playing tennis in the morning so he tried to stay fit, whilst fighting prostate cancer, heart attack and further illnesses that have now appear to have proven too much for his body.

I always enjoyed Dave's company and looked forward to his arrival in the SAR stand at home matches. He was an intelligent, firm but gentle man and I miss his measured observations, good humour and sometimes strong opinions, gently expressed. Most importantly, he was a strong family man and of course a dedicated QPR fan.

His posts can still be seen on this site and to read them,you would get some insight into what kind of person he was. Many readers will remember him and I'm sure we're all sad to learn of his passing. No doubt several of you might want to pay their respects on the forum and some may wish to communicate directly with Dave's family. PM me if so?

For my own part, I'm so sad at his passing and I shall miss him even more now.
Pomanjou on 20:36 - Apr 16 with 1707 viewsdavman

Pomanjou on 20:25 - Apr 16 by WrightUp5hit___

Rest In Peace Pom

Deepest condolences to family and friends.

Great Post, Hants. RIP Pom.

Always hard to fathom that people stop posting might not be around...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Pomanjou on 20:58 - Apr 16 with 1678 viewsqueensparker

RIP Pomanjou, never met him but having been here since the Rivals days, it's a name you'd always remember as a smart guy, and read his posts with interest.

Another one of the gang down.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 23:47]
Pomanjou on 21:15 - Apr 16 with 1662 viewsKonk

Sorry to hear that news. That's a lovely tribute to your friend, Hants. RIP.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Pomanjou on 21:34 - Apr 16 with 1632 viewskarl

Nicely put Nick.
Never met Pom but he was obviously a good man, very generous to a Hibs charity, along with others on here, had a little interaction offline with him about this.
Hope he's at rest and his family are coping well.
Pomanjou on 21:53 - Apr 16 with 1602 viewsterryb

RIP Pom.

Sincere condolences to his family & friends.

Thank you for the tribute Hants.
Pomanjou on 21:54 - Apr 16 with 1601 viewsLythamR

RIP Pomanjou one of the quality posters that just seemed to stop posting

Well done HantsR on this OP and for checking on him at Christmas, would be nice to think everyone on here has at least one fellow poster that would do something similar
Pomanjou on 21:57 - Apr 16 with 1595 viewsMrSheen

RIP Pomanjou. With everyone else, thanks HantsR for the lovely tribute.

Just flicking through some Pomanjou posts, I see he claimed to be 81 two years ago, but only have followed us for 19 years. Old enough to know better!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 22:11]
Pomanjou on 22:24 - Apr 16 with 1568 viewswombat

Pomanjou on 21:57 - Apr 16 by MrSheen

RIP Pomanjou. With everyone else, thanks HantsR for the lovely tribute.

Just flicking through some Pomanjou posts, I see he claimed to be 81 two years ago, but only have followed us for 19 years. Old enough to know better!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 22:11]

Real shame one of the old school RIP Pom

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Pomanjou on 23:27 - Apr 16 with 1521 viewsTacticalR

Farewell Pomanjou.

Air hostess clique

Pomanjou on 23:34 - Apr 16 with 1513 viewsdistortR

RIP Pom. I remember him posting, getting us to work out his user name. Crossed swords with him once, but I gave up as his sword was clearly more finely honed then mine! He is missed on here.
Pomanjou on 00:58 - Apr 17 with 1483 viewsLeedsR

RIP Pom. Sad to hear of his passing. I too had wondered why he hadn’t posted recently. His comments were always well thought and measured.

A moving tribute HantsR.
Pomanjou on 07:58 - Apr 17 with 1417 viewsE17hoop

Sad to hear this; Pom was a staple of the board in the 'old days'.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Pomanjou on 08:39 - Apr 17 with 1394 viewsMoonshineSteve

Sad news. Condolences to friends and family.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Pomanjou on 08:52 - Apr 17 with 1374 viewshook_hoops

Always sad when we lose one of our own. Condolences to his family.

RIP Pomanjou.
Pomanjou on 09:08 - Apr 17 with 1351 viewsCroydonCaptJack

RIP Pom.

That's a lovely warm post Hants.
Pomanjou on 09:16 - Apr 17 with 1332 viewsRs_Holy

RIP Pom... thanks for the memories
Pomanjou on 09:42 - Apr 17 with 1316 viewsdubaistu

Some wonderful comments from those who knew and met him. My condolences and strength to his family and friends at this time. RIP Dave Pearce.
Pomanjou on 11:44 - Apr 17 with 1263 viewsjohncharles

Another poster that I regarded as a friend though I never met him and we didn’t always see eyes to eye. RIP Pom, you’ll be missed. You and your apples, I I could never figure that out.
Great tribute Hants.

Strong and stable my arse.

Pomanjou on 12:48 - Apr 17 with 1238 viewsW7Ranger

RIP Pom.
Pomanjou on 13:03 - Apr 17 with 1226 viewsrrrspricey

RIP fella

Like others have said, i remember Pom from the old Rivals days and although i never met him it's always sad to hear of another poster's passing.

Condolences to those on here that did and his Family
Pomanjou on 13:44 - Apr 17 with 1206 viewsrobith

What sad news, but a clearly a testament to the man that someone so many who knew him only through this ridiculous club of our would write such kind words about.
Pomanjou on 16:43 - Apr 17 with 1140 viewsTGRRRSSS

SAd news - I remember Pom, and we certainly had our moments but I always enjoyed his post match reports he used to do.

RIP Pomanjou
Pomanjou on 19:47 - Apr 17 with 1079 viewsbob566

RIP Pom
Pomanjou on 20:34 - Apr 17 with 1060 viewsdannyblue

RIP. Nice eulogy.
Pomanjou on 21:11 - Apr 17 with 1042 viewsJuzzie

RIP Pom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024