Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season over for EFL 18:26 - Apr 30 with 44727 viewsGloucs_R

According to talksport. League 1 and 2

https://talksport.com/football/efl/700954/efl-below-championship-unlikely-resume
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:27]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season over for EFL on 14:30 - May 5 with 2376 viewsBostonR

Season over for EFL on 11:32 - May 5 by Hunterhoop

Taylor is a selfish b*stard isn’t he? Doesn’t seem to care for football, society, anything but £££.

He is clearly suffering from some form of dementia or alzheimers. Absolutely, not on this planet. His members need to have him removed quickly before he really fecks it up for them.
Season over for EFL on 17:18 - May 5 with 2271 viewsJuzzie

Season over for EFL on 14:30 - May 5 by BostonR

He is clearly suffering from some form of dementia or alzheimers. Absolutely, not on this planet. His members need to have him removed quickly before he really fecks it up for them.

He gets paid (as with PL footballers, I refuse to use the term 'earns') in excess of £2m a year.

He's 75.

FFS, just fkin' retire and enjoy your £millions.
Season over for EFL on 17:28 - May 5 with 2254 viewsTGRRRSSS

He won't will need to be booted out however that happens - you say enjoy your millions, but for some it's power (with which you get money anyway) that can be more intoxicating plus all the freebies and things he gets as an offshoot.

Made me laugh when Aguero said about safety and being scared - I guess he can afford too until even the top clubs turn the tap off, which surely they will eventually.

Taylor and the players themselves need to be careful here, many others don't have any choice and will suffer far more than somebody playing for Man City.

If he's that concerned he can retire, but I suspect he'd rather pick up £200K a week plus for a bit longer.

Not trying to "pick on players" here but I reckon along with Taylor they could destroy things, and this reset might not be to the liking of many on here as we'd think.

That being said football might find fans turn off without their club and the deluded at the top still don't get this.
Season over for EFL on 18:31 - May 5 with 2153 viewsThe_Beast1976

Simon Jordan on TalkSport:

💷 “Football is trying to come back for one reason: money!”

😡 “It wants to come back for money, to give it to the players.”

🎠 “Around we go on this insidious, ghastly carousel.”

😳 “Part of me hopes football blows up so we can reset.”

He's not far wrong in all honesty. It would be good if football was reset to something more 'normal' and go back to being a sport, not a fcuking soap opera with hundreds of millions swishing around. The thing is that the reset is really only required in the top division. How do you reset the top division without destroying the clubs below?
[Post edited 5 May 2020 18:33]
Season over for EFL on 18:40 - May 5 with 2133 viewsdaveB

all I'd say is be careful what you wish for, those hoping for football to implode might not like the outcome, a bit like those who wanted relegation as it would be a lot more fun in the championship.
Season over for EFL on 19:20 - May 5 with 2068 viewsRangersw12

Season over for EFL on 18:40 - May 5 by daveB

all I'd say is be careful what you wish for, those hoping for football to implode might not like the outcome, a bit like those who wanted relegation as it would be a lot more fun in the championship.

Could it get any worse than it is now?

A working man's game tuned into a tourist attraction where even average players are paid millions where kick off times are decided by TV companies
Season over for EFL on 19:21 - May 5 with 2062 viewsTGRRRSSS

Season over for EFL on 19:20 - May 5 by Rangersw12

A working man's game tuned into a tourist attraction where even average players are paid millions where kick off times are decided by TV companies

Yes - we could end up with 40 odd teams left, and QPR not being one of them, so yes by a long shot.
Season over for EFL on 19:29 - May 5 with 2041 viewsCiderwithRsie

Season over for EFL on 19:21 - May 5 by TGRRRSSS

Yes - we could end up with 40 odd teams left, and QPR not being one of them, so yes by a long shot.

Yep. Quite easily.

If football's finances get even more screwed than they already are, but there's still hundreds of millions who want to watch it, then the billionaires who currently bankroll the biggest clubs are going to use their cash to keep the likes of MCFC afloat so they can cash in when football re-starts.

The rest of the pyramid disappearing is frankly already a risk but now they'll have the perfect excuse. "Oh dear, so sad, but what could we do? it was a pandemic."
Login to get fewer ads

Season over for EFL on 19:31 - May 5 with 2034 viewsTGRRRSSS

The flip side is however that the rest of the world can be quite ready to turn to the next thing, and those clubs will eventually die off, but in the meantime...
Season over for EFL on 21:09 - May 5 with 1953 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 19:20 - May 5 by Rangersw12

could easily end up with 40/50 clubs gone to the wall and only the big clubs surviving going off to a european league, yeah it could be worse
Season over for EFL on 21:23 - May 5 with 1928 viewsGloucs_R

Season over for EFL on 21:09 - May 5 by daveB

could easily end up with 40/50 clubs gone to the wall and only the big clubs surviving going off to a european league, yeah it could be worse

But those clubs could come back as AFC... And we could all start a new League system with Salary caps.

Just no promotion to the Premier League.

Season over for EFL on 21:26 - May 5 with 1915 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 21:23 - May 5 by Gloucs_R

But those clubs could come back as AFC... And we could all start a new League system with Salary caps.

Just no promotion to the Premier League.

They could but unlikely to be able to do it in current stadiums due to costs involved, everyone starting from the bottom of the league pyramid, it would be shit
Season over for EFL on 07:07 - May 6 with 1800 viewsGloucs_R

Season over for EFL on 21:26 - May 5 by daveB

They could but unlikely to be able to do it in current stadiums due to costs involved, everyone starting from the bottom of the league pyramid, it would be shit

I meant that they could create their own new League structure. Break away from the existing.

After all, the Premier League did it. It would kill the EFL and the Prem would probably split into 2 leagues.

So you could have

Prem 1 - 15 teams
Prem2 - 15 teams

Southern League 1
Southern League 2
Northern League 1
Northern League 2

Non League pyramid.

The new leagues could have salary caps, teams have to break even, etc. They would need to be sustainable.

I would really like to see regional leagues again.

Season over for EFL on 07:45 - May 6 with 1752 viewsdavman

Season over for EFL on 18:31 - May 5 by The_Beast1976

Simon Jordan on TalkSport:

💷 “Football is trying to come back for one reason: money!”

😡 “It wants to come back for money, to give it to the players.”

🎠 “Around we go on this insidious, ghastly carousel.”

😳 “Part of me hopes football blows up so we can reset.”

He's not far wrong in all honesty. It would be good if football was reset to something more 'normal' and go back to being a sport, not a fcuking soap opera with hundreds of millions swishing around. The thing is that the reset is really only required in the top division. How do you reset the top division without destroying the clubs below?
[Post edited 5 May 2020 18:33]

They won't be allowed to reset the top division. The authorities no longer hold power in football. The top 6 or 7 that they are created now run the show. The Premier League is the next most powerful body with the FA behind them.

A shambles that Sky have created and continue to perpetuate. There might be a minor re-structure at lower levels, but the lure of the ridiculous money Sky has given the Prem will mean that many will be prepared to break ranks in overspending to gamble to get a slice of the pie. If that destroys other clubs, the PL and Sky don't care; they'll get 20 clubs that everyone wants to watch, so why bother with them.

The FA has sat by and watched all this happen. They put money over the game now, so welcome to this new world...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Season over for EFL on 08:49 - May 6 with 1673 viewsEastR

All gone a bit doom and gloom on this thread since yesterday

Football is going to have to reset, same as many other parts of our lives, and just maybe some good might come out of that all round

It survived two world wars, two major global financial meltdowns, and countless other structural changes in how we live, and yet its still here

And it will be here, maybe in some changed form, so stop all the hand wringing and whining and be ready to support your team when we come out of it

UUURRR’s

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Season over for EFL on 10:08 - May 6 with 1607 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 07:07 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

I meant that they could create their own new League structure. Break away from the existing.

After all, the Premier League did it. It would kill the EFL and the Prem would probably split into 2 leagues.

So you could have

Prem 1 - 15 teams
Prem2 - 15 teams

Southern League 1
Southern League 2
Northern League 1
Northern League 2

Non League pyramid.

The new leagues could have salary caps, teams have to break even, etc. They would need to be sustainable.

I would really like to see regional leagues again.

All sounds great but not going to work when you can't have fans in the stadium and have no tv money, clubs would have zero income and would fold whatever you do with the league structure
Season over for EFL on 10:32 - May 6 with 1581 viewsGloucs_R

Season over for EFL on 10:08 - May 6 by daveB

All sounds great but not going to work when you can't have fans in the stadium and have no tv money, clubs would have zero income and would fold whatever you do with the league structure

I think fans will be back in Jan, from what I have read.

Here is to hope....

Season over for EFL on 10:41 - May 6 with 1567 viewsMiss_Terraces

Season over for EFL on 10:32 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

Here is to hope....

I can't see it being January, that is the worst time for the NHS

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Season over for EFL on 10:52 - May 6 with 1551 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 10:32 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

Here is to hope....

Fans back in January is a best case scenario at the moment and is a long way away. Basically the Premier League have no income other than Tv money at the moment, most sponsorship deals will be falling through as no one has money to invest. EFL will be the same but with even more disastrous consequences. The main EFL sponsor is Sky.

Thats why getting back playing and ensuring the tv money keeps coming in is so important to all the leagues.

Football Show on Sky was interesting yesterday, Gary Neville talking about salary caps which are coning in for league 1 and 2 and could be finalised soon and Steve Parish giving the doomsday scenario as a wake up call for clubs worrying about if they play at home or not.
Season over for EFL on 11:15 - May 6 with 1526 viewsGloucs_R

I think it was Rochdale or a similar Chairman yesterday on TV who said the best thing for him would be to shut the club down for a year. But that would mean mass redundancies and losing their league place.

Season over for EFL on 12:16 - May 6 with 1463 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 11:15 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

I think it was Rochdale or a similar Chairman yesterday on TV who said the best thing for him would be to shut the club down for a year. But that would mean mass redundancies and losing their league place.

for league 1 and 2 thats probably right as they don't get much tv money anyway
Season over for EFL on 13:06 - May 6 with 1409 viewsThe_Beast1976

Season over for EFL on 07:45 - May 6 by davman

They won't be allowed to reset the top division. The authorities no longer hold power in football. The top 6 or 7 that they are created now run the show. The Premier League is the next most powerful body with the FA behind them.

A shambles that Sky have created and continue to perpetuate. There might be a minor re-structure at lower levels, but the lure of the ridiculous money Sky has given the Prem will mean that many will be prepared to break ranks in overspending to gamble to get a slice of the pie. If that destroys other clubs, the PL and Sky don't care; they'll get 20 clubs that everyone wants to watch, so why bother with them.

The FA has sat by and watched all this happen. They put money over the game now, so welcome to this new world...

I note you state ".....many will be prepared to break ranks in overspending to gamble to get a slice of the pie" and that is quite right, but I am always puzzled by what slice of the pie they are actually after? After all, they don;t actually get a slice of the pie at all. Yes, the money from the Premiershit/Sky goes into their bank account, but then it goes straight back out to the players and agents in most cases. Consequently, the club is actually no financially better off than it would be if it was in league 2. The only people actually getting a slice of the pie are the players and agents. Plus the fans who actually attend games get ripped off and fcuked around with days and times moved for TV. The whole thing is a nonsense. I hope the Premiershit disappears
[Post edited 6 May 2020 14:32]
Season over for EFL on 13:23 - May 6 with 1380 viewsslmrstid

For the owners, the "slice of the pie" is simply ego and glory.

By owning a top flight football club, they can have ego boosts and image to show off that they simply won't get anywhere else.

These billionaire owners won't ever have their thousands of employees in their regular profit making business singing their names or cheering for them, but have a Premier League football club and suddenly thousands love you* and that's what they love - the ego boost they get.

*Until it all inevitably goes tits up which I'd say it does in 99% of cases eventually for these owners...its a long time since Mike Ashley has been topless in the Newcastle away end! He'd be lynched now if he were in there...
Season over for EFL on 14:22 - May 6 with 1316 viewspaulparker

If football does comeback then there will be a surge watching it for a few weeks then the realisation that watching behind closed doors football is boring
There will be no excitement , no atmosphere , no colour , try selling that on TV , your basically watching Park football with better players , your average arm chair fan will give up on that soon enough
Football is going to change big time now the top six will be ok and this may even mean a European super league , the rest of us are gonna be scrapping for everything, I can see a restructure of the leagues

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Season over for EFL on 14:35 - May 6 with 1294 viewsTheChef

Season over for EFL on 14:22 - May 6 by paulparker

If football does comeback then there will be a surge watching it for a few weeks then the realisation that watching behind closed doors football is boring
There will be no excitement , no atmosphere , no colour , try selling that on TV , your basically watching Park football with better players , your average arm chair fan will give up on that soon enough
Football is going to change big time now the top six will be ok and this may even mean a European super league , the rest of us are gonna be scrapping for everything, I can see a restructure of the leagues

Well yeah the European Super League is pretty much there in all but name. So this situation gives them as the wealthiest 1% the chance to properly break away and leave the rest to scrabble around for survival.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024