Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season over for EFL 18:26 - Apr 30 with 44243 viewsGloucs_R

According to talksport. League 1 and 2

https://talksport.com/football/efl/700954/efl-below-championship-unlikely-resume
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:27]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season over for EFL on 17:40 - May 1 with 2409 viewsStanisgod

Season over for EFL on 17:34 - May 1 by paulparker

It’s a shame we won’t get to see how far we could have gone this season, we were just hitting a bit of form as well, also typical is the fact we have a 20 million player in Eze who due to the current climate in football will probably be sold for some bibs & spare balls

We have form. We were relegated the year the big money started.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Season over for EFL on 18:08 - May 1 with 2349 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 12:30 - May 1 by Northernr

Gambling industry pulled all its ads this week. Rather cynically made out that it was doing it as a kind, considerate thing not targeting bored addicts in lockdown but, really, it's because there's no sport. No doubt this will hasten Sky's desire to get some action back as that's big money for them.

They are pulling them from tv from May 7th until June 7th, it's a cynical move and the end date of it is not a coincidence. Should be pointed out they are still advertising on Social Media which is cheaper and less regulated
Season over for EFL on 18:51 - May 1 with 2286 views2Thomas2Bowles

An estimated 40,000 coronavirus tests will be needed for players and staff to finish the Premier League football season, clubs have been told.

Club bosses were given an update on the plan named "Project Restart" in a Premier League shareholders’ meeting this afternoon.

Up to 10 stadiums would be used to finish the season - instead of all 20 teams having home and away games as usual. That is to reduce the chances of fans congregating at grounds.

There was no discussion about ending the season prematurely as has happened in France, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Clubs will meet again next week after the Government's review of the lockdown restrictions.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Season over for EFL on 19:18 - May 1 with 2258 viewscolinallcars

Season over for EFL on 18:51 - May 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

An estimated 40,000 coronavirus tests will be needed for players and staff to finish the Premier League football season, clubs have been told.

Club bosses were given an update on the plan named "Project Restart" in a Premier League shareholders’ meeting this afternoon.

Up to 10 stadiums would be used to finish the season - instead of all 20 teams having home and away games as usual. That is to reduce the chances of fans congregating at grounds.

There was no discussion about ending the season prematurely as has happened in France, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Clubs will meet again next week after the Government's review of the lockdown restrictions.

I gather the venues for each of the games will be kept secret to stop fans from congregating outside.
Season over for EFL on 21:47 - May 1 with 2143 viewsNorthernr

Season over for EFL on 19:18 - May 1 by colinallcars

I gather the venues for each of the games will be kept secret to stop fans from congregating outside.

Reason behind closed doors is a fcking nonsense part 356 - if Leeds or Liverpool have one win for the title, there’ll be thousands there. Wherever it is, whatever time, whatever day, even if they’re just congregating in some car park next to a training ground. They’ll wear it as a badge of honour.

It’s a ludicrous, unworkable idea. Just fascinated to see at what point we realise that.
Season over for EFL on 22:20 - May 1 with 2080 viewsThe_Beast1976

Season over for EFL on 21:47 - May 1 by Northernr

Reason behind closed doors is a fcking nonsense part 356 - if Leeds or Liverpool have one win for the title, there’ll be thousands there. Wherever it is, whatever time, whatever day, even if they’re just congregating in some car park next to a training ground. They’ll wear it as a badge of honour.

It’s a ludicrous, unworkable idea. Just fascinated to see at what point we realise that.

I'm sure thaey already realise that (surely they can't be that stupid not to), but money talks
Season over for EFL on 22:30 - May 1 with 2068 viewsMatch82

Season over for EFL on 22:20 - May 1 by The_Beast1976

I'm sure thaey already realise that (surely they can't be that stupid not to), but money talks

Mayor of Liverpool has basically already said they shouldnt do it for that reason. And almost certainly guaranteed he won't be re-elected as a result.
Season over for EFL on 22:45 - May 1 with 2049 viewsThe_Beast1976

Season over for EFL on 22:30 - May 1 by Match82

Mayor of Liverpool has basically already said they shouldnt do it for that reason. And almost certainly guaranteed he won't be re-elected as a result.

If it did happen then they may as well chuck the whole 'social distancing' and everything else in the bin because it will then be obvious that money comes before everything else. The Premiershit should simply have to wait, just like everything else. No reason whatsoever why it should get special treatment. If there was a case for special treatment (which there isn't) then it should be cricket seeing as it is the cricket season!!
Login to get fewer ads

Season over for EFL on 06:08 - May 2 with 1935 viewsMatch82

Season over for EFL on 22:45 - May 1 by The_Beast1976

If it did happen then they may as well chuck the whole 'social distancing' and everything else in the bin because it will then be obvious that money comes before everything else. The Premiershit should simply have to wait, just like everything else. No reason whatsoever why it should get special treatment. If there was a case for special treatment (which there isn't) then it should be cricket seeing as it is the cricket season!!

I think he was basically saying that if you play a game, or frankly even announce a title, that the red half of Liverpool would rather be seen dead than miss the celebration, in a very literal and potentially tragic sense
Season over for EFL on 07:50 - May 2 with 1873 viewsqprxtc

Season over for EFL on 08:45 - May 2 with 1823 viewsTGRRRSSS

Not only that there will be rumours all over the Social Media etc.

I saw so and so coach in such and such which is near xxxxx and so on, this could cause even more problems if lets say a rumour is Liverpool are playing in Newcastle, loads end up there somehow, only to discover they're actually playing in Southampton.

With loads more heading there who hadnt headed for newcastle.
Season over for EFL on 10:05 - May 2 with 1770 viewsdaveB

Why don't they play the games at St Georges Park, got multiple pitches there and is secluded, could also quite easily play the games and keep the results quiet before showing the game at a later date to avoid people turning up.

[Post edited 2 May 2020 10:14]
Season over for EFL on 10:06 - May 2 with 1764 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 08:45 - May 2 by TGRRRSSS

Not only that there will be rumours all over the Social Media etc.

I saw so and so coach in such and such which is near xxxxx and so on, this could cause even more problems if lets say a rumour is Liverpool are playing in Newcastle, loads end up there somehow, only to discover they're actually playing in Southampton.

With loads more heading there who hadnt headed for newcastle.

are people that stupid that they would travel to these things knowing the risk and that they won't have a better chance of seeing the game if they stayed at home. yeah I know they probably are
Season over for EFL on 10:17 - May 2 with 1737 viewsMaggsinho

Some supposed plans for promotion, including one off playoff games detailed here.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/01/championship-plan-hold-play-off
Season over for EFL on 10:39 - May 2 with 1701 viewsAirtomoreira

Only way to possibly complete the Prem is a) hold all matches at neutral venue(s) — St Georges Park been mentioned earlier in the thread b) permission to play is 100% dependant upon no gathering of supporters evident at either the location of any game, or in any location anywhere (so no public gatherings outside Anfield , in the case of Liverpool, or in City Centre or local parks etc) c) any gatherings along the lines of b) above will result in the immediate suspension not only of that game, but of the voiding of the league entirely, this message to be spelled out loud and clear by all authorities / organisations involved.

HOWEVER….will now shoot down even my own argument. While this might have a chance of controlling the situation with Liverpool (only might, mind you), for fear of the title being denied to them, it would then give a relegation threatened team’s supporters the perfect opportunity to take matters into their own hands. Want to avoid relegation, Norwich supporters? No problem, just gather outside Carrow Road in your thousands (easy to do if games are on TV, as some of them 99.9% will be), and you’ll give the Gov’t the perfect reason to void everything.

I just can’t see a way that the season can be completed. Above scenarios apply to the Prem, but would also be just as applicable to EFL as well
Season over for EFL on 10:43 - May 2 with 1691 viewsTGRRRSSS

Season over for EFL on 10:06 - May 2 by daveB

are people that stupid that they would travel to these things knowing the risk and that they won't have a better chance of seeing the game if they stayed at home. yeah I know they probably are

Yes!!! besides don't forget you'll have fans who support certain teams in "large numbers" all over the country
Season over for EFL on 11:00 - May 2 with 1667 viewsterryb

Season over for EFL on 10:05 - May 2 by daveB

Why don't they play the games at St Georges Park, got multiple pitches there and is secluded, could also quite easily play the games and keep the results quiet before showing the game at a later date to avoid people turning up.

[Post edited 2 May 2020 10:14]

I had seen that there was a rumour that they would be completed there.

I sugested that The Championship could use two venues. We would play at Hackney Marshes & Leeds at Wycombe Rye. That is providing those two places have enough pitches these days!

There must be enough hotels with spaces in the Heathrow area to provide the accomodation & the EFL can meet all the expenses!
Season over for EFL on 11:37 - May 2 with 1635 viewsRangersDave

Season over for EFL on 10:06 - May 2 by daveB

Thats a rhetorical question, as we are talking scousers here you know. lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Season over for EFL on 11:47 - May 2 with 1621 viewsdaveB

One of the problems i can see coming is if they void this season due to it not being safe to play then you have to void next season as well as the same issues will be there which is why they are going to do all they can to finish this one.

For me it seems mad to have a situation where players are playing in masks just to get it done this summer when they could just wait until it's a lot safer to resume
Season over for EFL on 12:34 - May 2 with 1573 viewsRangersDave

players cannot play in masks as it wont protect them 1 little bit.
Sweat transference would be the greatest risk, so how do you mitigate against that?

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Season over for EFL on 12:41 - May 2 with 1552 viewsJuzzie

Season over for EFL on 12:34 - May 2 by RangersDave

Sweat transference would be the greatest risk, so how do you mitigate against that?

Just do what SWP did most games for us.... don’t break sweat
Season over for EFL on 12:47 - May 2 with 1547 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 12:34 - May 2 by RangersDave

If they are tested for the virus and don't have it then how much they sweat should be irrelevant
Season over for EFL on 13:32 - May 2 with 1508 viewsRangersDave

Season over for EFL on 12:47 - May 2 by daveB

If they are tested for the virus and don't have it then how much they sweat should be irrelevant

well they wont have it when tested mate, but it depends on the quickness of the test results i suppose, and possible player quarantine arrangements (which a few cannot or will not adhere to right now) then theres all the staff they come into contact with all need to be checked and quarantined, plus the bus drivers etc etc.

Its just Russian roulette in my book.

Season over for EFL on 14:38 - May 2 with 1454 viewsrsonist

Season over for EFL on 07:50 - May 2 by qprxtc

Season over for EFL on 01:19 - May 4 with 1288 viewsHooparoo

Assuming this season is over I still think we will have gained a lot. We have the blueprint to go forward with a young and confident squad who’ll be rearing to go. Find younger versions of Cameron and Rangel and we’d have a good squad capable of top 6.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024