Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season over for EFL 18:26 - Apr 30 with 44731 viewsGloucs_R

According to talksport. League 1 and 2

https://talksport.com/football/efl/700954/efl-below-championship-unlikely-resume
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:27]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season over for EFL on 11:07 - May 12 with 2732 viewsTheChef

Season over for EFL on 10:13 - May 12 by TGRRRSSS

Hunterhoop

You've raised some brilliant thoughts, ideas etc in the last couple of posts on this thread.

My own opinion is that once furlough starts going down (extending longer they say but for less money) this means surely that extra 20% will hit people very hard and with many of their other costs (bar perhaps driving a car or transport costs) similar or maybe more meaning people will be stuck at home, less money more deprivation, less of the usual entertainments etc... tinderbox potentially - especially in some areas.

Similarly printing money doesn't solve the problem surely?

I think your Joe Public view is not far off it, but I noticed after the Sunday announcement, just a brief look at my facebook feed a form of Stockholm Syndrome seems to be creeping in, as if people think they shouldn't do anything or go anywhere until the Vaccine (magic cure?) or eradication of the disease is here.

I don't think we can stop till one of those two ways satisfies the criteria, as such small ways of getting people "used" to normal life again might be the only way.

For example my local golf course (though I am no golfer myself) is opening up tomorrow, albeit it outdoors only.

I think the speech the other night wasn't very good but I think the Hermit type existence seemingly wanted by many after just a few weeks means the longer it goes on the harder it will be for people to try and get back to "normal life".

I also feel the media have played this to the nth degree of the apocalypse is here - nothing will be as it was again end of the world agenda - and with nothing else to do people have sat and "gorged" on it.

The simple assumption "a vaccine is the only way" might be too late for everybody - eventually food would run out, and things that are required to be done to keep society (such as it is) going would eventually crumble.

Less and less people would be able to work and eventually....

The real answer lies in antibody tests and finding out more about how immune one is, or if - to a degree we might have to accept it's out there, like so many other illnesses and viruses.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 10:19]

"The real answer lies in antibody tests and finding out more about how immune one is, or if - to a degree we might have to accept it's out there, like so many other illnesses and viruses."

Well yeah, I think that is the basis of human existence since the year dot.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Season over for EFL on 11:29 - May 12 with 2681 viewsGloucs_R

The only disease we've eradicated in a long time is small pox apparently. So those waiting for a cure might be sitting on their back sides for a very long time.

I completely agree that the media have been absolute scumbags in the way they have presented this to the general population and they've spread a message of fear. One of the worst people for this is Piers Morgan.

For most, this is no worst than flu.

Let's crack on with life... With lifestyle changes... Healthy eating, fitness and protecting those most at risk.

Season over for EFL on 11:41 - May 12 with 2647 viewsRangersDave

Just saw a pop up news report on my phone that says it has been reported that an extra 50,000 more deaths in the 4 weeks up to the 1st May have been recorded.

It doesnt say these are Woohan plague related, but they are 50,000 above the norm for April of any year.

If true, thats concerning.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Season over for EFL on 14:32 - May 12 with 2555 viewsMatch82

Season over for EFL on 11:29 - May 12 by Gloucs_R

The only disease we've eradicated in a long time is small pox apparently. So those waiting for a cure might be sitting on their back sides for a very long time.

I completely agree that the media have been absolute scumbags in the way they have presented this to the general population and they've spread a message of fear. One of the worst people for this is Piers Morgan.

For most, this is no worst than flu.

Let's crack on with life... With lifestyle changes... Healthy eating, fitness and protecting those most at risk.

And measles, until people started believing that vaccinations were a plot by the government to control us, or something
Season over for EFL on 15:31 - May 12 with 2510 viewsrrrspricey

Season over for EFL on 11:41 - May 12 by RangersDave

Just saw a pop up news report on my phone that says it has been reported that an extra 50,000 more deaths in the 4 weeks up to the 1st May have been recorded.

It doesnt say these are Woohan plague related, but they are 50,000 above the norm for April of any year.

If true, thats concerning.

Not quite true Dave

In the 6 week period from 23rd March there were just under an additional 48k deaths.

Unless this starts reducing quickly i think the return of spectated sports is unlikely anytime soon
Season over for EFL on 15:47 - May 12 with 2480 viewsNorthernr

I know it's tricky guys but if we can generally keep this thread for football/football restart and the behemoth thread for the disease, stats etc that would be great. Obviously tonnes of overlap so it's difficult but hopefully you get what I'm saying. I think that other thread puts a lot of people off and they ignore it so I don't particularly want this one turning into the same thing.

Thanks!
Season over for EFL on 15:47 - May 12 with 2479 viewsRangersDave

thanks for clarifying mate, still bloody scary though eh?

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Season over for EFL on 17:02 - May 12 with 2429 viewsderbyhoop

Yesterday the PL were discussing how they could get their season back up and running. BCD is going to happen, if they ever do restart. However, they don't need fans, as most of their money comes from the TV companies.

Below the PL, it is a different ball game. EFL needs spectator income or its a large proportion of normal costs with little of no income. L1/L2 are even worse. If all 91 clubs make it through this, it will be a miracle.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Season over for EFL on 17:36 - May 12 with 2371 viewsGloucs_R

Season over for EFL on 15:47 - May 12 by Northernr

I know it's tricky guys but if we can generally keep this thread for football/football restart and the behemoth thread for the disease, stats etc that would be great. Obviously tonnes of overlap so it's difficult but hopefully you get what I'm saying. I think that other thread puts a lot of people off and they ignore it so I don't particularly want this one turning into the same thing.

Thanks!

Blame Brian 😁

I think it should be canned now, decided on PPG.

Role on September

Season over for EFL on 17:36 - May 12 with 2371 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season over for EFL on 15:47 - May 12 by Northernr

Thanks!

Sorry all, that was me!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Season over for EFL on 17:37 - May 12 with 2363 viewsNorthernr

Season over for EFL on 17:36 - May 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry all, that was me!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat a dickhead
Season over for EFL on 17:38 - May 12 with 2355 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season over for EFL on 17:37 - May 12 by Northernr

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat a dickhead

I'm off now to talk footy on the Corona thread...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Season over for EFL on 17:39 - May 12 with 2351 viewsNorthernr

Season over for EFL on 17:38 - May 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm off now to talk footy on the Corona thread...

Now that is absolutely acceptable.
Season over for EFL on 17:43 - May 12 with 2333 viewsTGRRRSSS

Moving back to the point, on Neutral Venues for PL - I note nobody's mentioned this for EFL that I can see in the Press.

Also my apologies, just finding the Corona thread too big and political so decided to leave it for now - and a bit overly depressing too.
Season over for EFL on 18:52 - May 12 with 2264 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 17:02 - May 12 by derbyhoop

Yesterday the PL were discussing how they could get their season back up and running. BCD is going to happen, if they ever do restart. However, they don't need fans, as most of their money comes from the TV companies.

Below the PL, it is a different ball game. EFL needs spectator income or its a large proportion of normal costs with little of no income. L1/L2 are even worse. If all 91 clubs make it through this, it will be a miracle.

They might lose money due to no fans, a lot of the broadcasters pay bigger money not just for the football but for the atmosphere that fans bring, talk is that a lot of the overseas tv deals are going to be cut due to no fans for the rest of the season
Season over for EFL on 20:58 - May 13 with 2024 viewsRanger_Things

Championship clubs aim for 25 May training date after conference meeting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52651502
Season over for EFL on 19:59 - May 14 with 1802 viewsRanger_Things

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52665805
Season over for EFL on 11:02 - May 15 with 1616 viewssupahoopsa

The government says we can only play football with members of our own family.

Norwich vs Ipswich kicks off at

3pm on Saturday

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Season over for EFL on 11:33 - May 15 with 1577 viewsrsonist

Season over for EFL on 11:02 - May 15 by supahoopsa

The government says we can only play football with members of our own family.

Norwich vs Ipswich kicks off at

3pm on Saturday

Anglian regional leagues have been playing on this whole time, full stadiums.
Season over for EFL on 11:49 - May 15 with 1556 viewsPhildo

Season over for EFL on 18:52 - May 12 by daveB

They might lose money due to no fans, a lot of the broadcasters pay bigger money not just for the football but for the atmosphere that fans bring, talk is that a lot of the overseas tv deals are going to be cut due to no fans for the rest of the season

One of the things I was thinking about the behind closed doors thing was that it really would show the value to football of fans as TV really needs that atmosphere. Not that long term they would pay any attention..
Season over for EFL on 11:52 - May 15 with 1549 viewsMedwayR

Season over for EFL on 11:49 - May 15 by Phildo

One of the things I was thinking about the behind closed doors thing was that it really would show the value to football of fans as TV really needs that atmosphere. Not that long term they would pay any attention..

Ironically the TV companies do value full stadiums, seems that it's the clubs that have the problem distinguishing between fans and customers.

Poll: Who’s better?

Season over for EFL on 12:20 - May 15 with 1517 viewsEsox_Lucius

It looks like it is only going to be the Premier League that completes its fixtures now and some ludicrous safety measures to be implemented after concerns by the players and their managers. Players will not be allowed to touch each other and a distance of 2m between players is to be strictly enforced by the refereeing team. Any time the ball is touched by a player the game is to stop to allow a specially trained team of ball sanitisers to come on the pitch and clean the ball before allowing the player in possession to kick the ball. When a goalkeeper touches the ball the game will be stopped whilst he changes his gloves after releasing it.

The grass is always greener.

Season over for EFL on 16:07 - May 15 with 1368 views2Thomas2Bowles

L2 voted to end the season but still have play-offs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-52620390?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source
[Post edited 15 May 2020 16:07]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Season over for EFL on 16:12 - May 15 with 1361 viewsRangersDave

Season over for EFL on 16:07 - May 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

L2 voted to end the season but still have play-offs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-52620390?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source
[Post edited 15 May 2020 16:07]

Can open, worms everywhere!

Season over for EFL on 16:16 - May 15 with 1351 viewsPhildo

Season over for EFL on 12:20 - May 15 by Esox_Lucius

It looks like it is only going to be the Premier League that completes its fixtures now and some ludicrous safety measures to be implemented after concerns by the players and their managers. Players will not be allowed to touch each other and a distance of 2m between players is to be strictly enforced by the refereeing team. Any time the ball is touched by a player the game is to stop to allow a specially trained team of ball sanitisers to come on the pitch and clean the ball before allowing the player in possession to kick the ball. When a goalkeeper touches the ball the game will be stopped whilst he changes his gloves after releasing it.

and no flobbing obviously
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024