Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season over for EFL 18:26 - Apr 30 with 44247 viewsGloucs_R

According to talksport. League 1 and 2

https://talksport.com/football/efl/700954/efl-below-championship-unlikely-resume
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:27]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season over for EFL on 17:48 - May 4 with 2539 viewsThe_Beast1976

Season over for EFL on 13:11 - May 4 by flynnbo

So long as no sweat or saliva is added to the ball so sandpapering it is!!

Perfect for the Australian cricket
Season over for EFL on 20:24 - May 4 with 2395 viewsTGRRRSSS

Most of this applies to pretty much everything in terms of "working Life" in many ways, and this lock-down is costing 2bill a month, the reality is the likes of PL players can afford not to play for a while, many others cannot afford for this in all manner of ways - even in Office world working on a restricted footing is going to have a huge impact on people, and eventually mental health and goodness knows what.

Wheth it's going to the pub, the office, the shops (those not open) or trains and tubes ,busesw.

If you look at the football discussion as a microcosm of the problem, people are in my view in denial if they believe we can carry on with the type of situation we've had since 23rd March, then it isn't football and football clubs your going to worry about, it's going to be the whole country, and economy and everything that works for it.
If you were a carer in a care home, would you keep going in to work for nothing?
Would you carry on any job for nothing?

Councils running out of money, travel businesses like TFL and presumably train companies too.

Could see the return of British Rail in some way though perhaps later on???

We also need to look abroad and see what they are doing, in the Far East and Australia and NZ who are starting to decrease restrictions.

Ultimately people are starting to get restless big time now.

Good news seems to be deaths and infections are going down.

The biggest way out isnt vaccine - it's antibody tests and working out who's had it already etc and so on, but I rather suspect Big Pharma would prefer to wait for a vaccine.......
Season over for EFL on 21:26 - May 4 with 2316 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bin this season off. No international breaks, no cup football, no Sky/ BT re-arrangements and play twice a week for 23 weeks in the Championship and 19 weeks in the EPL. Tack a couple of weeks on as a contingency for postponements and the season could be done and dusted in six months.
This could begin as late as October and still be completed in time for a seasonal break and a pre season for the following series of fixtures.

The grass is always greener.

Season over for EFL on 21:54 - May 4 with 2255 viewsbosh67

Finish the season how ever long it takes. Let Leeds and WBA go up and the play-off winners. Then bin the 2020-21 season and automatically relegate the three teams going up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Season over for EFL on 22:54 - May 4 with 2196 viewsdistortR

Season over for EFL on 21:54 - May 4 by bosh67

Finish the season how ever long it takes. Let Leeds and WBA go up and the play-off winners. Then bin the 2020-21 season and automatically relegate the three teams going up.

yeah. that'll be our late run taking us into the play offs..................
Season over for EFL on 09:23 - May 5 with 1954 viewsfrancisbowles

Season over for EFL on 21:26 - May 4 by Esox_Lucius

Bin this season off. No international breaks, no cup football, no Sky/ BT re-arrangements and play twice a week for 23 weeks in the Championship and 19 weeks in the EPL. Tack a couple of weeks on as a contingency for postponements and the season could be done and dusted in six months.
This could begin as late as October and still be completed in time for a seasonal break and a pre season for the following series of fixtures.

Modern footballers are highly tuned athletes that need periods of rest and recovery, in order to deliver high performance levels and minimise the risk of injury.

Clubs would basically need two teams one for weekends and one for midweek, which would mean bigger squads and more cost and lack of consistency.

How would fans feel if their star players were only available for 50/60/70 % of games.
Season over for EFL on 11:03 - May 5 with 1864 viewsNorthernr

Football having a mad half hour this morning.

Rick Parry head of the EFL tells commons we're fcked without the sky money (which we knew) and that if it isn't three up three down to the Prem this year they'll be suing the Prem.

Steve Parish says if we don't get some football Sky's way by August and they pull the funding then football will be even worse hit than the airlines. Six clubs at the bottom of the Prem led by Brighton say they don't give a sht, they're not playing at neutral venues behind closed doors because it harms their chances of staying up.

Gordon Taylor takes the fag out of his mouth long enough to say maybe we can play 30 minute halves. Fcking malignant toad.
Season over for EFL on 11:09 - May 5 with 1847 viewsRangersDave

Fek Sky and the horse they rode in on.

The ruination of football as we knew it was purely down to them.

If they go t1ts up i couldnt be more pleased to be honest.
Might give a complete reality check to all teams. and we may just 'get OUR' football back'

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

Season over for EFL on 11:20 - May 5 with 1805 viewsrsonist

Season over for EFL on 11:09 - May 5 by RangersDave

Might give a complete reality check to all teams. and we may just 'get OUR' football back'

This will accelerate and not reverse what Sky set in motion.
Season over for EFL on 11:31 - May 5 with 1768 viewscolinallcars

Season over for EFL on 11:20 - May 5 by rsonist

This will accelerate and not reverse what Sky set in motion.

Still, great news for armchair sports fans. There is horse racing from Longchamp on Monday as horse racing is categorised as an agricultural activity (!), and a charity golf match from the USA next week. Be still my beating heart.
Season over for EFL on 11:32 - May 5 with 1767 viewsHunterhoop

Season over for EFL on 11:03 - May 5 by Northernr

Rick Parry head of the EFL tells commons we're fcked without the sky money (which we knew) and that if it isn't three up three down to the Prem this year they'll be suing the Prem.

Steve Parish says if we don't get some football Sky's way by August and they pull the funding then football will be even worse hit than the airlines. Six clubs at the bottom of the Prem led by Brighton say they don't give a sht, they're not playing at neutral venues behind closed doors because it harms their chances of staying up.

Gordon Taylor takes the fag out of his mouth long enough to say maybe we can play 30 minute halves. Fcking malignant toad.

Taylor is a selfish b*stard isn’t he? Doesn’t seem to care for football, society, anything but £££.
Season over for EFL on 11:35 - May 5 with 1756 viewsrsonist

Season over for EFL on 11:32 - May 5 by Hunterhoop

Taylor is a selfish b*stard isn’t he? Doesn’t seem to care for football, society, anything but £££.

If he did he'd have been out of the job centuries ago. Stakeholders love this one weird git.
Season over for EFL on 11:40 - May 5 with 1742 viewsrsonist

I'm not a lawyer but the way everyone is squabbling it doesn't seem as though a single one of these contracts has any sort of force majeure/extraordinary event provision?
Season over for EFL on 11:42 - May 5 with 1735 viewsHunterhoop

Season over for EFL on 11:35 - May 5 by rsonist

If he did he'd have been out of the job centuries ago. Stakeholders love this one weird git.

It’s a bit chicken and egg though. Is he simply fulfilling his objectives or is also showing the stakeholders how greedy you can be and still get away with it? Personally, I think it’s a bit of both. I think he sets the rules as much as he does what he’s told. I see him like the Uber agent, leaching the sport for everything he can...obviously with his clients’ best interests at heart!
Season over for EFL on 11:49 - May 5 with 1702 viewsrsonist

Season over for EFL on 11:31 - May 5 by colinallcars

Still, great news for armchair sports fans. There is horse racing from Longchamp on Monday as horse racing is categorised as an agricultural activity (!), and a charity golf match from the USA next week. Be still my beating heart.

It'll all be unbundled direct-to-consumer "Premflix" of Watford v Burnley while the top 6 swan off to private equity funded, deregulated European Super League soon enough.

The new domestic competition will be suspended with ten games to go and Newcastle leading as the Premier League send in their private apache helicopter militia to conduct a fit and proper missile test on the Saudis pirating their IP. Matt Lorenzo and Gary Newbon will present updates live in front of burning oilfields for the Premier League Productions 24/7 rolling news channel.
Season over for EFL on 11:52 - May 5 with 1688 viewsTheChef

Season over for EFL on 11:42 - May 5 by Hunterhoop

It’s a bit chicken and egg though. Is he simply fulfilling his objectives or is also showing the stakeholders how greedy you can be and still get away with it? Personally, I think it’s a bit of both. I think he sets the rules as much as he does what he’s told. I see him like the Uber agent, leaching the sport for everything he can...obviously with his clients’ best interests at heart!

Taylor has been Chief Exec of the PFA since 1981, go figure!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Season over for EFL on 12:45 - May 5 with 1634 viewsstowmarketrange

Season over for EFL on 11:31 - May 5 by colinallcars

Time to restart the sky sports subscription again then.What a treat for sports fans.
Season over for EFL on 13:07 - May 5 with 1586 viewsCiderwithRsie

Season over for EFL on 11:09 - May 5 by RangersDave

Well, yeah, same; but it won't be them that goes t1ts up.

The Murdoch media empire is too big to go down over this, they will be able to come back any time they think there is money to be made out of us.
Season over for EFL on 13:17 - May 5 with 1555 viewsNorthernr

Season over for EFL on 13:07 - May 5 by CiderwithRsie

Well, yeah, same; but it won't be them that goes t1ts up.

The Murdoch media empire is too big to go down over this, they will be able to come back any time they think there is money to be made out of us.

Sky no longer owned by Murdoch, bought by Comcast last year, though your point is valid - Comcast are mahusive.
Season over for EFL on 13:42 - May 5 with 1498 viewsstowmarketrange

Why would anyone think that having close contact with an opponent for only 30 mins per half be any safer than having the same contact for 45 each half?
Do players only sweat for the last 15 of each half?
Season over for EFL on 14:04 - May 5 with 1452 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 13:17 - May 5 by Northernr

Sky no longer owned by Murdoch, bought by Comcast last year, though your point is valid - Comcast are mahusive.

Sky should be too big to go down but they are going to be hugely affected as with any broadcaster. Their main business model is subscription service of which they are no longer getting money for Sky Sports and facing real competition with Netflix, Disney etc. Gambling money in a time when no one has money or anything to bet on. Advertising revenue which i can tell you from working for a different broadcaster is an absolute disaster at the moment plus selling programmes around the world which they can no longer do as they can't make any.

As I say no tears to be shed for them of any of us broadcasters but they won't be throwing money at saving the EFL if they don't get something back
Season over for EFL on 14:08 - May 5 with 1445 viewsThe_Beast1976

Season over for EFL on 14:04 - May 5 by daveB

Sky should be too big to go down but they are going to be hugely affected as with any broadcaster. Their main business model is subscription service of which they are no longer getting money for Sky Sports and facing real competition with Netflix, Disney etc. Gambling money in a time when no one has money or anything to bet on. Advertising revenue which i can tell you from working for a different broadcaster is an absolute disaster at the moment plus selling programmes around the world which they can no longer do as they can't make any.

As I say no tears to be shed for them of any of us broadcasters but they won't be throwing money at saving the EFL if they don't get something back

Football needed a reset anyway, much like many other things I guess
Season over for EFL on 14:09 - May 5 with 1440 viewsdaveB

I thought Rick Parry came across very well, looks like a proper leader for the EFL, thank god Shaun Harvey left.

Judging by what he said I think they are going to struggle to get the season finished by July so it looks as good as over now.

Only way I can think of is if you sell an EFL season ticket so for say £50 a month you get to watch your team on live streams for the rest of the season and into next season. Of course those of us who have already got a season ticket you could maybe say that price is optional so if you can afford it please help us if not we understand. They money then gets split evenly between every club in the EFL so whether you have 30,000 take ups for Leeds and only 500 for Salford they all get the same money. That extra money might buy them a bit of extra time to finish it.

Pure greed will mean this is a non starter of course
Season over for EFL on 14:10 - May 5 with 1439 viewsThe_Beast1976

I have also received a text today from a lad I play cricket with who is heavily involved with Sky for work that as it stands we can expect to be in a position to commence cricket nets in small groups from 6th June and to finally commence our cricket season from 20th July.

That may give an indication of where they are heading with football?
Season over for EFL on 14:23 - May 5 with 1389 viewsTheChef

Season over for EFL on 14:09 - May 5 by daveB

I thought Rick Parry came across very well, looks like a proper leader for the EFL, thank god Shaun Harvey left.

Judging by what he said I think they are going to struggle to get the season finished by July so it looks as good as over now.

Only way I can think of is if you sell an EFL season ticket so for say £50 a month you get to watch your team on live streams for the rest of the season and into next season. Of course those of us who have already got a season ticket you could maybe say that price is optional so if you can afford it please help us if not we understand. They money then gets split evenly between every club in the EFL so whether you have 30,000 take ups for Leeds and only 500 for Salford they all get the same money. That extra money might buy them a bit of extra time to finish it.

Pure greed will mean this is a non starter of course

Ha, didn't even realise Parry was now EFL chair! Like you say, hopefully a good appointment.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024