Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pugh gone 17:34 - Jun 13 with 6933 viewsNorthernr

1 more game triggers an extension so he’s been released early..,
Pugh gone on 17:35 - Jun 13 with 3714 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I wonder if this means the club is confident Eze, BOS, and Chair will be staying.

Good luck to him.
Pugh gone on 17:38 - Jun 13 with 3680 viewsAntti_Heinola

It definitely doesn't mean that Bazza. Come on mate. We were all being realistic a while back.
Eze and BOS will go, anning probably won't.

Good luck to Pughie, an excellent pro, had some good games, but never quite established himself. Am sure he was a great influence on the squad. Looking forward to him opening a restaurant when he hangs up the boots!

Bare bones.

Pugh gone on 17:41 - Jun 13 with 3650 viewsqprxtc

Pugh gone. Took three flushes.
Pugh gone on 17:42 - Jun 13 with 3647 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Despite it being a perfectly sensible decision by the club this will no doubt cause massive panic on social media.

All the best Pugh, thanks for the effort put in

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Pugh gone on 17:44 - Jun 13 with 3630 viewstraininvain

Bit of a reality check for anyone talking about the playoffs. Doesn’t look like the club feel confident which is probably fair enough.

Not good news if five subs allowed as weakens our squad.
Pugh gone on 17:45 - Jun 13 with 3619 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pugh gone on 17:38 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

It definitely doesn't mean that Bazza. Come on mate. We were all being realistic a while back.
Eze and BOS will go, anning probably won't.

Good luck to Pughie, an excellent pro, had some good games, but never quite established himself. Am sure he was a great influence on the squad. Looking forward to him opening a restaurant when he hangs up the boots!

Well, if the club resigned themselves to BOS and EZE going soonish, I think it would be risky leaving all the creative work to Chair by letting Pugh go. Unless they have someone else lined up or he's come back to training looking like Russell Grant.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 17:59]
Pugh gone on 17:47 - Jun 13 with 3577 viewsflynnbo

Pugh gone on 17:45 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, if the club resigned themselves to BOS and EZE going soonish, I think it would be risky leaving all the creative work to Chair by letting Pugh go. Unless they have someone else lined up or he's come back to training looking like Russell Grant.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 17:59]

The French winger, Axel? Thanks to Pugh who appeared to be a model professional.
Pugh gone on 17:56 - Jun 13 with 3506 viewsgazza1

Not quite done enough imo - no issues......it means the club is being managed properly, nothing more, nothing less.
Login to get fewer ads

Pugh gone on 18:05 - Jun 13 with 3462 viewsrsonist

If what I'm looking at is correct that's 31 appearances with 16 starts (of which 12 league, 4 cup). How do they come up with these contracts...? Automatic extension after 1,500 minutes?

Oh well. Thought he'd give us a bit more on the field than he did if I'm honest (though we did seem more solid with him over Chair sometimes) but more likely a bigger factor in the balance of the dressing room.

Can't imagine Warbs wouldn't have been looking to use him during the run in, though he has also seemed approving of Shodipo. Is Charlie Owens fit again now?
Pugh gone on 18:11 - Jun 13 with 3438 viewsrsonist

Just remembered Hamalainen will be back now with the Scots season over.

Possibility of Manning further forward and Hama at wingback? Maybe blood Franklin Domi too if we somehow find ourselves out of play-off contention.
Pugh gone on 18:20 - Jun 13 with 3380 viewsaston_hoop

Good luck to him, decent pro.

Suppose we have Clarke, Shodipo and even maybe the young lad Bansal-McNulty who can all play in that attacking part of the field

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pugh gone on 18:43 - Jun 13 with 3272 viewsTacticalR

One moment he did something good, the next he was tripping over his toes.

Air hostess clique

Pugh gone on 19:08 - Jun 13 with 3148 viewsnix

He did pretty well for us and was seemingly a good influence in the dressing room. But he was also allegedly our most expensive player and therefore not worth investing in him for another season, which we'd be forced into with the extension clause. He's not going to get any better and tbh we could spend that money more efficiently next season. If clubs are going to have to release players because they've got too big/expensive squads we may pick up a couple of cheaper options for the same amount we've been playing Pugh.

Nevertheless seems like a nice player and wish him well.
Pugh gone on 19:13 - Jun 13 with 3129 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pugh gone on 19:08 - Jun 13 by nix

He did pretty well for us and was seemingly a good influence in the dressing room. But he was also allegedly our most expensive player and therefore not worth investing in him for another season, which we'd be forced into with the extension clause. He's not going to get any better and tbh we could spend that money more efficiently next season. If clubs are going to have to release players because they've got too big/expensive squads we may pick up a couple of cheaper options for the same amount we've been playing Pugh.

Nevertheless seems like a nice player and wish him well.

Not criticising his release, but how do we know he was our most expensive player?
Pugh gone on 19:19 - Jun 13 with 3109 viewsdavman

Pugh gone on 18:20 - Jun 13 by aston_hoop

Good luck to him, decent pro.

Suppose we have Clarke, Shodipo and even maybe the young lad Bansal-McNulty who can all play in that attacking part of the field

Not that I am fussed by his performances to date, but has Clarke signed an extension? Seen Amos and Hugill, not sure about Clarke.

Timing of Pugh's release seems strange a week before the restart...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Pugh gone on 19:29 - Jun 13 with 3061 viewsstevec

Pugh gone on 19:19 - Jun 13 by davman

Not that I am fussed by his performances to date, but has Clarke signed an extension? Seen Amos and Hugill, not sure about Clarke.

Just a decent man doing the decent thing.
Pugh gone on 19:32 - Jun 13 with 3053 viewsNed_Kennedys

Pugh gone on 17:44 - Jun 13 by traininvain

Bit of a reality check for anyone talking about the playoffs. Doesn’t look like the club feel confident which is probably fair enough.

Not good news if five subs allowed as weakens our squad.

It's got nothing to do with our confidence on reaching the play offs: it's a financial decision not to be forced to give him another year's contract.

I liked what he did for us, think he would've done even better given a good run in the team but Chair deserved to play most weeks.
Pugh gone on 19:36 - Jun 13 with 3020 viewsterryb

Pugh gone on 19:19 - Jun 13 by davman

It's not strange IMO.

I expect that decisions will be made in the coming week about Hall, Cameron & Rangel. IF the club is not going to offer them a contract renewal, I don't see the point in extending the current contract by a month.

I'm assuming that this will be down to Hoos & Ferdinand rather than Warburton, although I'd like to think that conversations were held between the three of them!
Pugh gone on 19:53 - Jun 13 with 2942 viewsLazyFan

Pugh gone on 19:36 - Jun 13 by terryb

It's not strange IMO.

I expect that decisions will be made in the coming week about Hall, Cameron & Rangel. IF the club is not going to offer them a contract renewal, I don't see the point in extending the current contract by a month.

I'm assuming that this will be down to Hoos & Ferdinand rather than Warburton, although I'd like to think that conversations were held between the three of them!

This is exactly what will happen. Those 3 will be let go. Which means we probably won't make the playoffs for sure now. But we never thought we would really do that anyway.

53 points, is what we need, just one more fluky win.

zzzzzzzzzz

Pugh gone on 19:54 - Jun 13 with 2934 viewsBlackCrowe

Honest pro, a bit mediocre really, but the right attitude. Wish him well.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Pugh gone on 19:55 - Jun 13 with 2932 viewsed_83

Good solid pro who always gave his best and sounds like a positive influence in the dressing room. Doubt the line about him being our most expensive player comes from anyone with access to the numbers, but wouldn't be entirely surprised if it's true: having come down from the Prem he's unlikely to have been on peanuts.

Sorry to see him go, but seems like a reasonable decision given the circumstances, dealt with in a decent and transparent way.
Pugh gone on 19:58 - Jun 13 with 2916 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pugh gone on 19:55 - Jun 13 by ed_83

Good solid pro who always gave his best and sounds like a positive influence in the dressing room. Doubt the line about him being our most expensive player comes from anyone with access to the numbers, but wouldn't be entirely surprised if it's true: having come down from the Prem he's unlikely to have been on peanuts.

Sorry to see him go, but seems like a reasonable decision given the circumstances, dealt with in a decent and transparent way.

He’s also left in a amicable way according to Twitter. I wonder if he’ll look for another club?
Pugh gone on 20:03 - Jun 13 with 2893 viewsRanger_Things

I think he did OK. Wish him well.
Pugh gone on 20:12 - Jun 13 with 2860 viewsGloucs_R

Pugh gone on 18:05 - Jun 13 by rsonist

If what I'm looking at is correct that's 31 appearances with 16 starts (of which 12 league, 4 cup). How do they come up with these contracts...? Automatic extension after 1,500 minutes?

Oh well. Thought he'd give us a bit more on the field than he did if I'm honest (though we did seem more solid with him over Chair sometimes) but more likely a bigger factor in the balance of the dressing room.

Can't imagine Warbs wouldn't have been looking to use him during the run in, though he has also seemed approving of Shodipo. Is Charlie Owens fit again now?

Well spotted. Sounds more like they were going to release him and don't want to vilify him. So rather than him getting injured and not finding anew club, we make up a story about one more game.

Anyway, good luck to him

Poll: Are we staying up?

Pugh gone on 20:25 - Jun 13 with 2830 viewsDorse

Pugh gone on 18:43 - Jun 13 by TacticalR

One moment he did something good, the next he was tripping over his toes.

That's uncanny. You have just described my last visit to the pub!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024