Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR v Fulham. 14:03 - Jun 30 with 29266 viewsMickS

6:30 folks - strange days indeed; most peculiar mama.
QPR v Fulham. on 20:52 - Jun 30 with 2226 viewsterryb

QPR v Fulham. on 20:33 - Jun 30 by BostonR

Last three results are just stupid! So hard to see where we are going as a club. Fulham below par but win. We lost to teams in the bottom three last season and we do the same again. We’ve played some nice stuff this season but we are still no better off position wise.
Do we just accept that is where we are as a club?

Just to point out that Barnsley & Charlton have got seven points out of nine since the return & are yet to concede a goal!

We were awful against both of them, but maybe they deserve far more credit for the way they played against us.
QPR v Fulham. on 20:55 - Jun 30 with 2177 viewsHooparoo

Groundhog Day

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

QPR v Fulham. on 20:57 - Jun 30 with 2142 viewsTopCat34

QPR v Fulham. on 20:51 - Jun 30 by EmpireStateRanger

I think when you take the season as a whole, we're a decent side with young exciting talent that's prone to really bad spells. We're not shite, and we're not QPRcelona.

I do find it hard to believe that the results would have been the same if play wasn't halted in March, and we definitely got something wrong during the break. Too many agents in players' ears? A message of "relax, this season is over" from staff? Don't really know, but it took us three matches to finally play a decent match.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 20:53]

Agree with this. Let's be honest Hoos and the management thought this season was over, which is why we were outraged with the restart and nobody else was remotely bothered.

Tough job for Warbs to motivate a crop of players who were/are on the beach. Shame we're in this position after such a good season.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 20:58]
QPR v Fulham. on 20:59 - Jun 30 with 2105 viewstraininvain

QPR v Fulham. on 20:52 - Jun 30 by terryb

Just to point out that Barnsley & Charlton have got seven points out of nine since the return & are yet to concede a goal!

We were awful against both of them, but maybe they deserve far more credit for the way they played against us.

Fair point. It’s that stage in the season when teams fighting for their lives at the bottom start collecting points.

We should’ve been more on it being 6pts off the playoffs but I think the club set out their stall letting Grant Hall and Marc Pugh go. I don’t blame the club as it’s down to our financial situation but not exactly a statement of intent to challenge for the playoffs.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 21:00]
QPR v Fulham. on 21:00 - Jun 30 with 2091 viewsRangersDave

QPR v Fulham. on 20:57 - Jun 30 by TopCat34

Agree with this. Let's be honest Hoos and the management thought this season was over, which is why we were outraged with the restart and nobody else was remotely bothered.

Tough job for Warbs to motivate a crop of players who were/are on the beach. Shame we're in this position after such a good season.

some mnagers are managing to motivate...

wigan and luton tonight for example

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

QPR v Fulham. on 21:02 - Jun 30 with 2039 viewsHooparoo

There’s no excuse for us not being prepared and ready to go. Instead of seeing it as a problem why didn’t we see it as an opportunity as other teams have? Our mentality is all wrong. Think like a loser then you’ll be a loser.

QPR v Fulham. on 21:02 - Jun 30 with 2031 viewsManinBlack

4 points out of 21 in derbies this season and we only got the one win because of a howler by the Millwall keeper. We will never challenge for promotion if we can't compete in derbies.

I thought when Warburton arrived that we might do better against Brentford and against London rivals. After all he knows how Brentford are fired up when they play us and I thought he would know how to counter it. How wrong I was as they stuffed us 6-2 on aggregate. God knows what his motivational speech was at Griffin Park before the start as we were three down in 33 minutes.

Both games against Fulham have been fairly identical in taking the lead very early, level at half time and then hand them a soft second half winner. I have to say looking at the derby results and since the restart that I can see Warburton cannot motivate the players to give their all for the cause.

We are just too soft and nice to play against with no leaders on the pitch to gee the team up. I know the likes of Vinnie Jones and Neil Ruddock were not popular for their ability in their short time with us but they were winners and would get stuck in and organise the defence. We would have lost at Man City the day Pollock scored for us if they had not played. We need hard buggers that will break up better footballing teams than us by rattling them. Jones would bite Watkins balls in the first minute as a warning to keep away.

We don't do the last 8 games of the season, we don't do London derbies, we don't do cups, we don't even seem to be able to get a draw. What exactly do we do? I am heartily sick of the same menu season after season.
QPR v Fulham. on 21:05 - Jun 30 with 1983 viewsHooparoo

QPR v Fulham. on 21:02 - Jun 30 by ManinBlack

4 points out of 21 in derbies this season and we only got the one win because of a howler by the Millwall keeper. We will never challenge for promotion if we can't compete in derbies.

I thought when Warburton arrived that we might do better against Brentford and against London rivals. After all he knows how Brentford are fired up when they play us and I thought he would know how to counter it. How wrong I was as they stuffed us 6-2 on aggregate. God knows what his motivational speech was at Griffin Park before the start as we were three down in 33 minutes.

Both games against Fulham have been fairly identical in taking the lead very early, level at half time and then hand them a soft second half winner. I have to say looking at the derby results and since the restart that I can see Warburton cannot motivate the players to give their all for the cause.

We are just too soft and nice to play against with no leaders on the pitch to gee the team up. I know the likes of Vinnie Jones and Neil Ruddock were not popular for their ability in their short time with us but they were winners and would get stuck in and organise the defence. We would have lost at Man City the day Pollock scored for us if they had not played. We need hard buggers that will break up better footballing teams than us by rattling them. Jones would bite Watkins balls in the first minute as a warning to keep away.

We don't do the last 8 games of the season, we don't do London derbies, we don't do cups, we don't even seem to be able to get a draw. What exactly do we do? I am heartily sick of the same menu season after season.

Agree

Login to get fewer ads

QPR v Fulham. on 21:10 - Jun 30 with 1907 viewsNorthantsHoop

Better performance tonight, but same old problems, poor defensive clearances and poor finishing. You can tell that Fulham are technically better with the ball and their 2 goals and control shows up our weaknesses.
QPR v Fulham. on 21:11 - Jun 30 with 1886 viewsWestonsuperR

Much of the reaction seems dominated by frustration over the result, I’m gutted, but have to admit that was far better and with a bit of luck would have had a point and maybe even a win.

I’ve got a feeling we will get something at Boro.
QPR v Fulham. on 21:15 - Jun 30 with 1843 viewsMiss_Terraces

QPR v Fulham. on 21:11 - Jun 30 by WestonsuperR

Much of the reaction seems dominated by frustration over the result, I’m gutted, but have to admit that was far better and with a bit of luck would have had a point and maybe even a win.

I would of agreed with you but I've more faith in Warnock than this team at the moment.

It would of been a different story pre-lockdown

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

QPR v Fulham. on 21:17 - Jun 30 with 1813 viewsloftus77

QPR v Fulham. on 21:11 - Jun 30 by WestonsuperR

Yep - its called a Warnock-inspired tonking...
QPR v Fulham. on 21:22 - Jun 30 with 1758 viewsactonman

QPR v Fulham. on 21:02 - Jun 30 by ManinBlack

Was gonna start a thread somewhat similar as I am absolutely fkin fuming yet again after a London “Derby”

Sick of being b!tch slapped by our neighbours , what next ? The fcuking lads from the plastic pitches down South Africa road taking the p!ss !!

Discarding the previous 15 - 20 years of being bum fcuked by all and sundry with a zone 4 travel card , this season alone we have managed to lose twice to Fulham (albeit in more respectable manor than previous meetings)

Get embarrassed by Brentford YES FCKING BRENTFORD ! on 2 occasions

And in case anyone forgot a certain 7 - 1 humiliation by our nemesis a few weeks ago

The rent boys I can understand to a point as football has come to a point where it is not competitive anymore but Brentford and Fulham is just taking the p!ss
QPR v Fulham. on 21:42 - Jun 30 with 1615 viewsmakaveli1882

QPR v Fulham. on 16:16 - Jun 30 by makaveli1882

Foolham 4/1 BTTS

Us scoring is the major doubt in that.

Told ya,

Made some misery off tonight had JH 1st goal had Christie 3rd goal too at 40/1 too so £500 all in all.

Would rather the win though but much better today.
QPR v Fulham. on 21:53 - Jun 30 with 1555 viewsted_hendrix

So kill me for being a miserable bastard but I wouldn't bet a dogs dinner on us getting another point this season, these defeats are virtually predictable its all well and good posters saying we were a bit unlucky, we played better than the last two games, we this we that, the important thing is we f ucking lost yet again.

Players, Manager, the whole bloody lot of them right up to the so called board room need a good kick up the bloody arse.

Bastards

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR v Fulham. on 21:54 - Jun 30 with 1542 viewsnix

QPR v Fulham. on 20:34 - Jun 30 by Rangersw12

Bright Clearly gave up to close Christie down

We thought he might have been carrying a knock after that awful tackle from Knockaert. They targeted him all match. He went off soon after that.
QPR v Fulham. on 22:00 - Jun 30 with 1489 viewsMickS

QPR v Fulham. on 21:54 - Jun 30 by nix

We thought he might have been carrying a knock after that awful tackle from Knockaert. They targeted him all match. He went off soon after that.

That was a very bad tackle nix. No chance of closing the Fulham lad down because the shape was all over the place. That’s where it went wrong.
QPR v Fulham. on 22:15 - Jun 30 with 1409 viewsStanisgod

QPR v Fulham. on 20:34 - Jun 30 by Rangersw12

Bright Clearly gave up to close Christie down

Said exactly the same at the time, after a good game he just gave up when he could have easily got a foot in, but also Manning at fault for watching the bloke outside and letting him waltz inside.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

QPR v Fulham. on 22:21 - Jun 30 with 1379 viewsNorthLondonR

My big gripe is Nick London's pronunciation of Yoan Barbet's name.. drives me insane and he wasn't doing it during the first game.... there I've said it.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 22:23]
QPR v Fulham. on 22:25 - Jun 30 with 1350 viewsstainrods_elbow

Careful - a phrase like 'on the beach' makes Mark feel rather 'aggressive'! It's because it's 'ignorant', because, by implication, we fans are ignorant.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

QPR v Fulham. on 22:34 - Jun 30 with 1308 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR v Fulham. on 22:25 - Jun 30 by stainrods_elbow

Careful - a phrase like 'on the beach' makes Mark feel rather 'aggressive'! It's because it's 'ignorant', because, by implication, we fans are ignorant.

Some are.

Bare bones.

QPR v Fulham. on 23:10 - Jun 30 with 1165 viewsCiderwithRsie

I've got to admit I'm finding it hard to take the re-started season seriously, I keep forgetting when KO is.

Seems like we are slowly getting better but won't be really ready for the re-start before Sunday at earliest. I'm a big fan of Warburton, Hoos and Les but it seems like all of them badly miscalculated on the likelihood of restart or on preparing for it or both compared to the rest of the league and I think rockets for all of them are in order, but don't know who'd do it.
QPR v Fulham. on 23:12 - Jun 30 with 1153 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR v Fulham. on 23:10 - Jun 30 by CiderwithRsie

I've got to admit I'm finding it hard to take the re-started season seriously, I keep forgetting when KO is.

Seems like we are slowly getting better but won't be really ready for the re-start before Sunday at earliest. I'm a big fan of Warburton, Hoos and Les but it seems like all of them badly miscalculated on the likelihood of restart or on preparing for it or both compared to the rest of the league and I think rockets for all of them are in order, but don't know who'd do it.

Can't see how any responsibility for having the team ready extends beyond management and the players themselves, Rosie.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR v Fulham. on 23:59 - Jun 30 with 1079 viewsLythamR

I am disappointed and a bit angry about the 2 goals we conceded but in the cold light of day we have to look at the 2 teams and calibre of substitutes and recognise. that in terms of footballing ability Fulham are well ahead of us, we really do have a make do and mend squad, we created a few good chances and on another day could have won it, we will have better days
QPR v Fulham. on 00:49 - Jul 1 with 1002 viewsCiderwithRsie

QPR v Fulham. on 23:12 - Jun 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Can't see how any responsibility for having the team ready extends beyond management and the players themselves, Rosie.

I'm picking up on Hoos' reaction to the re-start when he was clearly unhappy with the amount of notice given.

I'd put prime responsibility on Warburton but I feel the CEO and DoF ought to be aware if the squad have sacked off the season before we knew for sure it was over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024