Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 20:17 - Jul 5 with 3560 viewsenfieldargh

Well I wouldnt want any of their players in our team.

Asombalonga & Fletcher £21.5 million strike force.

Howson 6m Saville 8m McNair 5m Johnson 2.5m

Steve Gibson must be wondering what he's done wrong.....oh yes Karanka

Think they will stay up but we made them look poor both in play and bank balance

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 20:43 - Jul 5 with 2755 viewsWatford_Ranger

They won’t be the first nor the last team to be worse than the sum of their parts. We’ve got more experience of that than most.

Admittedly Fletcher has been dreadful everywhere.
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 20:44 - Jul 5 with 2740 viewsslmrstid

Never rated Fletcher, seems a very poor player.

Assombalonga though I've always found to be a good striker - big, powerful, pacey, and a good finisher. He's certainly tore through us on more than one occasion...!
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 21:32 - Jul 5 with 2533 viewsLowerloftLad

i would take asombalonga he was by far there best player earlier in the season at our place and caused the back four problems strong and has pace im sure he will move on in the summer

[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 21:34]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 22:26 - Jul 5 with 2405 viewsjoolsyp

Although he's on loan from City I'd take Patrick Roberts. Very one-footed but reminded me a bit of Freeman at times, bet he'd be a handful if played as a No 10/centrally.
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 22:42 - Jul 5 with 2349 viewsDavieQPR

Roberts was signed by Man City from Fulham for £12m on a long term deal and was at the time considered a Wonderkid. He has represented England at U16.U17,U18,U19 and U20 level. He was also reputed to be one of Boro's highest earners. Do you honestly think we would even dream of signing him..
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 00:57 - Jul 6 with 2214 viewsLazyFan

Warbs went over to Assombalonga at the end and patted him on the back. He was the best player for Borough and was really trying. If they go down, he may want to move, possible he would sign for fewer wages on a longer-term deal.

He scoring record is really good for a winger, he has 1 in 3, Pretty impressive. BOS replacement?

zzzzzzzzzz

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 06:36 - Jul 6 with 2117 viewsnix

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 22:42 - Jul 5 by DavieQPR

Roberts was signed by Man City from Fulham for £12m on a long term deal and was at the time considered a Wonderkid. He has represented England at U16.U17,U18,U19 and U20 level. He was also reputed to be one of Boro's highest earners. Do you honestly think we would even dream of signing him..

I've met him and his dad a couple of times when he was at Fulham as he played as a kid for my som's old manager. Such a lovely guy, happy to kick around with the kids and still going to see his old manager years later. While I completely understand why he couldn't turn the chance down, it doesn't really seem to have been the best thing for his development moving to City. If he'd stayed at Fulham he'd have got lots more game time and I don't think it's the same being loaned out to different clubs, they just don't have the same incentive to develop you.

It's really the problem with big clubs hoovering up so much young talent that they just sit on and loan out well past the point where they're likely to ever play for their first team. Financially he's set up for life at the age of 23 but it's a shame he hasn't had a chance to play long term for one club at a young age.

In answer to the OP it seems like Middlesbrough are us a few years ago. Lots of expensive players who aren't producing the goods. A lot of them are out of contract at the end of the season, so they're going to either have to rebuild with their younger players or spend even more money. As we know though it's hard to bring on young players when you're fighting to stay in the Championship.
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 06:37 - Jul 6 with 2119 viewstraininvain

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 00:57 - Jul 6 by LazyFan

Warbs went over to Assombalonga at the end and patted him on the back. He was the best player for Borough and was really trying. If they go down, he may want to move, possible he would sign for fewer wages on a longer-term deal.

He scoring record is really good for a winger, he has 1 in 3, Pretty impressive. BOS replacement?

I thought he was a striker?
Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 07:33 - Jul 6 with 2060 viewsWatford_Ranger

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 06:37 - Jul 6 by traininvain

I thought he was a striker?

He is. He also cost them £15m and I expect north of £30k a week so at 27 will have wealthier suitors than us. Always looked a player though.
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 09:23 - Jul 6 with 1881 viewsLowerloftLad

Asombalonga he will be on a very big contract at boro
seems to average 14/15 goals a season started as a youth player at brentford and must be on 25/30k at boro safe to say he is well out of our price range
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 9:27]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 09:51 - Jul 6 with 1815 viewsMaggsinho

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 00:57 - Jul 6 by LazyFan

He would have managed him at Forest so presumably so they know each other.
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 11:44 - Jul 6 with 1754 viewsKonk

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 06:36 - Jul 6 by nix

I've met him and his dad a couple of times when he was at Fulham as he played as a kid for my som's old manager. Such a lovely guy, happy to kick around with the kids and still going to see his old manager years later. While I completely understand why he couldn't turn the chance down, it doesn't really seem to have been the best thing for his development moving to City. If he'd stayed at Fulham he'd have got lots more game time and I don't think it's the same being loaned out to different clubs, they just don't have the same incentive to develop you.

It's really the problem with big clubs hoovering up so much young talent that they just sit on and loan out well past the point where they're likely to ever play for their first team. Financially he's set up for life at the age of 23 but it's a shame he hasn't had a chance to play long term for one club at a young age.

In answer to the OP it seems like Middlesbrough are us a few years ago. Lots of expensive players who aren't producing the goods. A lot of them are out of contract at the end of the season, so they're going to either have to rebuild with their younger players or spend even more money. As we know though it's hard to bring on young players when you're fighting to stay in the Championship.

I hope it works out for Pat Roberts. Couldn't blame him for leaving - as you say, set-up for life as long as he's sensible with his money, and just as significantly, we were rubbish and he wasn't likely to be learning much or developing under Kit Symons. We were a bit of a mess.

He was always going to be very lucky to get a look-in at City, but perhaps the idea was to star on loan and in a few years be fighting for a first team spot at City. As you say, it hasn't worked out for him to date.

Still waiting to see what we get from Liverpool for Harvey Elliot - similar move to Roberts's at the time, but I reckon he'll have more chance of getting game time under Klopp than Roberts was ever likely to get at City.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 11:52 - Jul 6 with 1740 viewsMistication92

Assombalonga if he was on our wage structure and free obviously. Apart from that, no one.

Didn't see the Roberts hype personally but it was just one game.
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 12:11 - Jul 6 with 1704 viewsrobith

Found it telling that just before full time they showed Warnock in his technical area. I thought he was going to be livid but he was just chuckling to himself like "oooooooooooooh boy"
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 13:01 - Jul 6 with 1615 viewsBAWHoops

They will stay up this season I'm sure and have the players to more than build a good Championship side around.

Assombalonga is very good at this level and will always chip in with goals
Howson a really good midfielder as well
Wing looks decent every time he plays as well
Saville was expensive, but has been excellent for Millwall previously
Roberts should be tearing the place apart

There's some of the same old faces that got them up and then brought them down again Friend, Clayton plus a few weird and wonderful loan signings.
They need rid of those if they are going to build something competent. Warnock may well get them up, but it could very much be built on sand

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 13:10 - Jul 6 with 1579 viewsnix

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 11:44 - Jul 6 by Konk

I hope it works out for Pat Roberts. Couldn't blame him for leaving - as you say, set-up for life as long as he's sensible with his money, and just as significantly, we were rubbish and he wasn't likely to be learning much or developing under Kit Symons. We were a bit of a mess.

He was always going to be very lucky to get a look-in at City, but perhaps the idea was to star on loan and in a few years be fighting for a first team spot at City. As you say, it hasn't worked out for him to date.

Still waiting to see what we get from Liverpool for Harvey Elliot - similar move to Roberts's at the time, but I reckon he'll have more chance of getting game time under Klopp than Roberts was ever likely to get at City.

I think you're right Konk. He's more likely to get game time under Klopp. Also I don't think Liverpool have the same strategy as Chelscum and Man City of buying up young players to just loan them out and make cash eventually with transfer fees.

Must be frustrating though when you've hardly seen your young stars play. At least we've had a couple of seasons of Eze, Boz and Manning before their likely exit for bigger and better things.

I should imagine they've got quite a complicated deal involving different payments depending on how many times he plays for the first team etc.

I'm hoping we're now seen as a club it's worth coming to for your development. Having Ramsey and Warburton helps as they're both keen to try out young players if they're good enough. You've unearthed a few belters at Fulham too, you must have a good set up for scouting young talent.
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 13:20 - Jul 6 with 1560 viewsrsonist

From what I've read Elliott has taken the place by storm and is firmly in first team plans there. Was a factor in them opting not to go to the limit on Werner.
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 19:46 - Jul 6 with 1384 viewsderbyhoop

Of the 13 players we used yesterday, we didn't pay a fee (allegedly *) for any of them. We must be doing something right.

* we probably had to pay loan fees for Hugill and Amos

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 19:57 - Jul 6 with 1368 viewsBlue_Castello

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 19:46 - Jul 6 by derbyhoop

Of the 13 players we used yesterday, we didn't pay a fee (allegedly *) for any of them. We must be doing something right.

* we probably had to pay loan fees for Hugill and Amos

I thought we paid a fee to Blackpool for BOS and a very small fee for Manning for his club in Ireland......both were very low I'm sure Brian can confirm about Manning I may have got that wrong......
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 20:03 - Jul 6 with 1356 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 19:57 - Jul 6 by Blue_Castello

I thought we paid a fee to Blackpool for BOS and a very small fee for Manning for his club in Ireland......both were very low I'm sure Brian can confirm about Manning I may have got that wrong......

There was a fee for Manning certainly, BC. I think 50k or 65k, but wouldn;t swear on it, those figures just sound familiar.

BOS, too, but it was undisclosed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 21:05 - Jul 6 with 1286 viewsderbyhoop

OK. My claim wasn't wholly correct but compared with Boro (and probably most Championship clubs) we've paid peanuts.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 21:08 - Jul 6 with 1273 viewsdistortR

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 21:05 - Jul 6 by derbyhoop

OK. My claim wasn't wholly correct but compared with Boro (and probably most Championship clubs) we've paid peanuts.

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 03:07 - Jul 7 with 1136 viewstimcocking

Judging by those prices, i must have been worth a couple at least back in the day, being two footed alone surely must make me 6 figures...
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 07:52 - Jul 7 with 1029 viewsisawqpratwcity

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 20:03 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

There was a fee for Manning certainly, BC. I think 50k or 65k, but wouldn;t swear on it, those figures just sound familiar.

BOS, too, but it was undisclosed.

Bloody hell, remember when we were giving that to SWP every week for four years?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 08:09 - Jul 7 with 1011 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 07:52 - Jul 7 by isawqpratwcity

Bloody hell, remember when we were giving that to SWP every week for four years?

True!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024