Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie Watkins 18:46 - Aug 5 with 11629 viewsjohncharles

£18 million ??? What does that make Eze.

Strong and stable my arse.

Ollie Watkins on 13:57 - Aug 6 with 2013 viewsR_from_afar

If you want arrogance, this is one of the worst examples, from the 2012 Champions League final:

"Unser Pokal" has two meanings in German:
1 - Our cup.
2 - We are arrogant tw@ts, so arrogant that we have just jinxed ourselves and gifted the trophy to the blue poo

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ollie Watkins on 13:58 - Aug 6 with 2013 viewsLazyFan

Ollie Watkins on 22:12 - Aug 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

So you'd pay £40m for Eze?

If I was Wet Spam or Palarse I don't need too. I can spend £20m and get him. Heck if I am Wet Spam throw in Hugs by paying of his wages, I could probably work it all out to £18m.

So, Watkins asking price "if true" of £18m is about correct compared to Eze who has scored and created less, but has been in a worse team.

zzzzzzzzzz

Ollie Watkins on 14:09 - Aug 6 with 1975 viewsLazyFan

Ollie Watkins on 11:31 - Aug 6 by NW5Hoop

1/ A bit unfair to say a transfer deal from 25 years ago is indicative of how QPR do business. You don't say, "I didn't like M&S underwear 25 years ago, so it's awful now."
2/ We only got £4m for Austin because he *refused to go* when we had the chance to sell him earlier in his contract.
3/ And finally, as ever, we get the fees *other clubs offer*. That's the way the market works. We didn't get £10m for Freeman because no one offered £10m. You can refuse to sell, of course, but QPR are not in a position to do that.

1) But we have a track record of it. And highlighting how long it's been going on for, makes people aware of that change is needed and we cannot carry on like that as we have not progressed because of it and the Prem money has well and truly run out now.

2) He did not refuse to go. If the rumour is correct Leicester enquired if £12m would be enough, QPR informed Austin (but did not progress it at that stage), Austin said he wanted to stay. This is because the club gave him the impression and itself, that the team was good enough to get promoted. Also, if they progressed the enquiry and Austin had not asked for it, then he would have probably got some of the fee as a golden goodbye. This is why players who we know want to move, often don't request a transfer as it costs them money. Essentially everyone is dropping hints without committing to anything. Leicester dropping hint "would £12m be about right? not that we are bidding of course?". "Austin we have had a £12m enquiry from Leicester, not that we want you to go of course, what do you think?". "Charlie here, I am happy to stay, unless you really want me to move?". So, nothing happens as everyone plays coy when we should have just flogged him. Then come Jan, Saints come in with a low-ball and we are forced to sell. That's why this time, they are being realistic and looking to move Manning and BOS on now. But it should not have come to this. It should have been like Eze with at the min, 1+1 contract situation so, we are always in control of the price.
3) We get into the bidding war, if they are young and on at least a 1+1 contract. Freeman was a decent price. We rate him more, but that is because to us he was our talisman player. To another club, he's a good squad player. Which is what he was before he came to us and also now after. To me, Freeman is a success, bought cheap, sold high and in a few years. Also and this is the key bit, replaced with several players, not just one (Eze, BOS, Chair). Whereas Furlong (who has played Prem before and is no a Prem player) has not been replaced properly and in my view was sold cheap and also we did not need to sell him. However, now we have seen Kaky could possibly do a RB role. I have high hopes for him next season. But we should not have sold Furlong and our defence has suffered for it.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 14:12]

zzzzzzzzzz

Ollie Watkins on 14:16 - Aug 6 with 1938 viewsMatch82

Ollie Watkins on 14:09 - Aug 6 by LazyFan

1) But we have a track record of it. And highlighting how long it's been going on for, makes people aware of that change is needed and we cannot carry on like that as we have not progressed because of it and the Prem money has well and truly run out now.

2) He did not refuse to go. If the rumour is correct Leicester enquired if £12m would be enough, QPR informed Austin (but did not progress it at that stage), Austin said he wanted to stay. This is because the club gave him the impression and itself, that the team was good enough to get promoted. Also, if they progressed the enquiry and Austin had not asked for it, then he would have probably got some of the fee as a golden goodbye. This is why players who we know want to move, often don't request a transfer as it costs them money. Essentially everyone is dropping hints without committing to anything. Leicester dropping hint "would £12m be about right? not that we are bidding of course?". "Austin we have had a £12m enquiry from Leicester, not that we want you to go of course, what do you think?". "Charlie here, I am happy to stay, unless you really want me to move?". So, nothing happens as everyone plays coy when we should have just flogged him. Then come Jan, Saints come in with a low-ball and we are forced to sell. That's why this time, they are being realistic and looking to move Manning and BOS on now. But it should not have come to this. It should have been like Eze with at the min, 1+1 contract situation so, we are always in control of the price.
3) We get into the bidding war, if they are young and on at least a 1+1 contract. Freeman was a decent price. We rate him more, but that is because to us he was our talisman player. To another club, he's a good squad player. Which is what he was before he came to us and also now after. To me, Freeman is a success, bought cheap, sold high and in a few years. Also and this is the key bit, replaced with several players, not just one (Eze, BOS, Chair). Whereas Furlong (who has played Prem before and is no a Prem player) has not been replaced properly and in my view was sold cheap and also we did not need to sell him. However, now we have seen Kaky could possibly do a RB role. I have high hopes for him next season. But we should not have sold Furlong and our defence has suffered for it.

I might be wrong but don't Manning and BOS have +1s? Which is why they have one year left after this rather than being out of contract? Another way of putting that is that because of that +1 we're going to get north of 5m for players who would otherwise have gone for nothing.
Ollie Watkins on 14:52 - Aug 6 with 1878 viewsLblock

Watkins has a clause in his Contract setting that price
It’s not what Bentford want for him, of course you’d want significantly more for a striker at our level better than 1 in 2 plus decent assist ratio

The clause suits Watkins and his agent.
No club has to pay Bentford anymore than the £18mill BUT where he goes will boil down to personal terms, signing on fee etc

Eze I’d hope doesn’t have any such clause. Therefore if there’s anyone with an ounce of gumption, sales technique or negotiation skills at QPR it means we set the price; don’t need to tell em what it is, just wait till it’s reached
Do we to sell? No, preferential to so as to keep asset value high, if not he’s still ours and we have the joy of seeing him embarrass defences in the EFL for another few months until some bigger clubs come calling again.

If we hadn’t run up a debt of quarter of a billion of the queens pounds we could even have built a side around him to challenge the top of the table; but that’s another thread

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ollie Watkins on 15:48 - Aug 6 with 1790 viewskensalriser

Ollie Watkins on 14:09 - Aug 6 by LazyFan

You've essentially just made #2 up. All a bit Harry Enfield's self-righteous brothers.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ollie Watkins on 16:10 - Aug 6 with 1745 viewsHunterhoop

Ollie Watkins on 14:52 - Aug 6 by Lblock

Watkins has a clause in his Contract setting that price
It’s not what Bentford want for him, of course you’d want significantly more for a striker at our level better than 1 in 2 plus decent assist ratio

The clause suits Watkins and his agent.
No club has to pay Bentford anymore than the £18mill BUT where he goes will boil down to personal terms, signing on fee etc

Eze I’d hope doesn’t have any such clause. Therefore if there’s anyone with an ounce of gumption, sales technique or negotiation skills at QPR it means we set the price; don’t need to tell em what it is, just wait till it’s reached
Do we to sell? No, preferential to so as to keep asset value high, if not he’s still ours and we have the joy of seeing him embarrass defences in the EFL for another few months until some bigger clubs come calling again.

If we hadn’t run up a debt of quarter of a billion of the queens pounds we could even have built a side around him to challenge the top of the table; but that’s another thread

If I were the club, i’d be approaching Eze now (well the day after the season) to try to get him/his agent to agree the following:

- a new contract to 2023
- a £5k per week salary increase
- a release fee of £25m (minimum, ideally £28m) with 10% sell on clause

That way, we’re effectively paying £250-300k (inc. incentives) for him to be under contract for 3 years, not 2, in return for guaranteeing £25m, likely £5m more than we’ll get.

The only risk is is form drops off a cliff or he gets injured. But even then, he’ll still be sellable for a profit so we can ensure we’re not laboured with his salary.

I’d like to think it’s a reasonable deal for Eze, as it still means he gets his move.
Ollie Watkins on 16:16 - Aug 6 with 1723 viewsfrancisbowles

Ollie Watkins on 16:10 - Aug 6 by Hunterhoop

If I were the club, i’d be approaching Eze now (well the day after the season) to try to get him/his agent to agree the following:

- a new contract to 2023
- a £5k per week salary increase
- a release fee of £25m (minimum, ideally £28m) with 10% sell on clause

That way, we’re effectively paying £250-300k (inc. incentives) for him to be under contract for 3 years, not 2, in return for guaranteeing £25m, likely £5m more than we’ll get.

The only risk is is form drops off a cliff or he gets injured. But even then, he’ll still be sellable for a profit so we can ensure we’re not laboured with his salary.

I’d like to think it’s a reasonable deal for Eze, as it still means he gets his move.

I read he is 'only' on about £7k so an extra £5k would put him on £12k. I would think he could get considerably more than that in the prem.

I like your idea but I think we would have to go at least another £5k. Also, it doesn't help our current cashflow or fund the strikers and centre backs that we desperately need.
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie Watkins on 16:43 - Aug 6 with 1680 viewsLazyFan

Ollie Watkins on 14:16 - Aug 6 by Match82

I might be wrong but don't Manning and BOS have +1s? Which is why they have one year left after this rather than being out of contract? Another way of putting that is that because of that +1 we're going to get north of 5m for players who would otherwise have gone for nothing.

Agreed, but I was stating we should be in the 1+1 minimum to get max monies like Brentford do.

zzzzzzzzzz

Ollie Watkins on 16:44 - Aug 6 with 1675 viewsLazyFan

Ollie Watkins on 15:48 - Aug 6 by kensalriser

You've essentially just made #2 up. All a bit Harry Enfield's self-righteous brothers.

You mean I did not get anything from this then:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33377429

zzzzzzzzzz

Ollie Watkins on 19:52 - Aug 6 with 1581 viewskensalriser

Ollie Watkins on 16:44 - Aug 6 by LazyFan

You mean I did not get anything from this then:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33377429

Er, yeah, except for the simple fact that Leicester made an offer that was rejected, you made the rest of it up.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ollie Watkins on 20:07 - Aug 6 with 1557 viewsswitchingcode

Ollie Watkins on 11:15 - Aug 6 by Northernr

Frank said prior to the Swansea semi-final he was "100% sure we will win". And he was right, but it's still pretty brash thing to say and is going to provoke a lot of schadenfreude if his team eventually slips up.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-cardiff-brent

He was also asked if 'BMW' would still be there next season and he said "yes, because we're going to be in the Premier League".

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/uk-sports/2020/07/28/thomas-frank-backs-bmw

He'd also earlier in lockdown been talking up Brentford's results and saying it was up to West Brom and Leeds to "come up with an answer".

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/thomas-frank-

Again, fine, you want to portray confidence in your team. Again, fine, don't read too much into stuff managers say in interviews. But the fact is it does come across a bit arrogant, and people are going to enjoy it if it blows up on you after saying stuff like that.

Likewise Emiliano's comments about Fulham being scared of you - Brian Tinnion once did that about us when we were fighting with Bristol City and ended up looking a tit as well.

There are other bits and pieces as well. Billy Beesotted, God love him I'll have a drink with Billy any time and he's always absolutely superb when we go to him for any Bees input, but his divisional team of the year for Sky had five Brentford players in it, with a Brentford player as his overall player of the year, and a Brentford player as his surprise package. For the whole division!

It all just comes across as a bit full of it, without even mentioning the wnky Sky coms, which you can't really control as you say (although the commentators will be getting that information from the club as part of their preparation, so all that 50/50 bolox is coming from Brentford), and people are going to have a bit of a giggle if you have games against Stoke, Barnsley and Fulham to get into the Prem and lose all of them.

I'd be interested to know which of my comments you saw as crass. I didn't say too much, because we're miles behind Brentford and you could well win it next season, but I did retweet some stuff I found funny, and I did ask when the Justice League trophy was being presented - again, that's something Brentford have bigged up themselves, mostly under Smith, so you can't really be too surprised when people have a laugh about it when you fck up. I thgink I said this apparently world beating front three didn't show up - they didn't! Obviously all good players, going far in the game, would love them here, but they were completely anonymous in the three games you needed them most.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ok you as usual put up a good case and can’t argue about most of that and anyway the last thing I want to do is fall out as I along with many other fans find your reports top class even with the pee taking of the Spartak Hounslow ect.I really hope you get some financial backing for you to continue reporting on this site.Have a good summer and hopefully back to bit of normality in September
Ollie Watkins on 20:10 - Aug 6 with 1550 viewsNorthernr

Ollie Watkins on 20:07 - Aug 6 by switchingcode

Ok you as usual put up a good case and can’t argue about most of that and anyway the last thing I want to do is fall out as I along with many other fans find your reports top class even with the pee taking of the Spartak Hounslow ect.I really hope you get some financial backing for you to continue reporting on this site.Have a good summer and hopefully back to bit of normality in September

Oh mate we weren't falling out, I value your input, I was just trying to explain why I think what I think.
Ollie Watkins on 20:14 - Aug 6 with 1543 viewsswitchingcode

Oli Watkins might not be as good as Eze or BoS he might be a bottler he might be arrogant but for the last time ..There is No release clause in his contract that runs out in June 2023 with a 1 year option to extend.Exeter City have a sell on agreement.
Ollie Watkins on 20:44 - Aug 6 with 1501 viewsHanwellHoopster

Ollie Watkins on 20:14 - Aug 6 by switchingcode

Oli Watkins might not be as good as Eze or BoS he might be a bottler he might be arrogant but for the last time ..There is No release clause in his contract that runs out in June 2023 with a 1 year option to extend.Exeter City have a sell on agreement.

Is it even relevant? I thought the whole Brentford model is based on selling players on when the c.£20m bid comes in as you've got decent replacements lined up at a lower price, and selling players to bigger clubs attracts more players who want to prove themselves. And on and on the virtuous circle goes.
Ollie Watkins on 20:48 - Aug 6 with 1487 viewsSnipper

I know Brentford’s mantra is to buy low-sell high, and they’ve been bloody good at it. But how many of your big sales have done better at the buying club?

I can only think of Maupay.
Ollie Watkins on 21:12 - Aug 6 with 1452 viewsfrancisbowles

Ollie Watkins on 20:14 - Aug 6 by switchingcode

SC, how do you know he doesn't have a buy out clause?
Ollie Watkins on 21:38 - Aug 6 with 1420 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ollie Watkins on 20:48 - Aug 6 by Snipper

I know Brentford’s mantra is to buy low-sell high, and they’ve been bloody good at it. But how many of your big sales have done better at the buying club?

Are you forgetting Jake Bidwell?
Ollie Watkins on 21:45 - Aug 6 with 1412 viewsrsonist

Ollie Watkins on 20:44 - Aug 6 by HanwellHoopster

Is it even relevant? I thought the whole Brentford model is based on selling players on when the c.£20m bid comes in as you've got decent replacements lined up at a lower price, and selling players to bigger clubs attracts more players who want to prove themselves. And on and on the virtuous circle goes.

Well it's relevant in the sense that they can now reap from a likely bidding war. But yeah if they somehow only ended up getting one bid of £18m this summer they'd probably take it all the same.
Ollie Watkins on 21:47 - Aug 6 with 1404 viewsDannytheR

Martin Rowlands?

(Oh no, that's right, he came to us free.)
Ollie Watkins on 21:55 - Aug 6 with 1397 viewsswitchingcode

Ollie Watkins on 21:12 - Aug 6 by francisbowles

SC, how do you know he doesn't have a buy out clause?

Not trying to be a smart arse but I know.Will be interested to see what bids we do get as I don’t think there is the money about now.Exeter I expect have a 20 % sell( that I don’t know)but 20 mill would give us around 15 mill after taking in what we paid for him.Think he has this season showed that he has more to his game than Maupay has.
Ollie Watkins on 22:12 - Aug 6 with 1373 viewsswitchingcode

Tarkowski at burnley reporting there a 40 mill plus bid coming in for him.
Andre Gray,Forshaw Dallas Konsa Eagan ethat’s about all who spring to mind
Flops
Hogan
Jota
Harlee Dean
Mepham ( injuries haven’t helped )
Jozefzoon

So not many
Ollie Watkins on 22:13 - Aug 6 with 1369 viewsswitchingcode

Ollie Watkins on 21:47 - Aug 6 by DannytheR

Martin Rowlands?

(Oh no, that's right, he came to us free.)

😃👍
Ollie Watkins on 22:20 - Aug 6 with 1350 viewsLblock

Ollie Watkins on 21:45 - Aug 6 by rsonist

Well it's relevant in the sense that they can now reap from a likely bidding war. But yeah if they somehow only ended up getting one bid of £18m this summer they'd probably take it all the same.

Why would ANY club bid more than £18mill????????

The clause means it HAS to be accepted
The cards are all in OW and his agents hands, all about the very best personal terms!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ollie Watkins on 22:28 - Aug 6 with 1328 viewsrsonist

Ollie Watkins on 22:20 - Aug 6 by Lblock

Why would ANY club bid more than £18mill????????

The clause means it HAS to be accepted
The cards are all in OW and his agents hands, all about the very best personal terms!!

See post on first page. A clause was widely reported, not least by the BBC, but John Percy at the Telegraph and Lyall Thomas at WLS/Sky now say that isn't the case.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024