Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1st Pop Record you Bought? 23:37 - Aug 9 with 12479 viewsmarkrtid

Don't judge me. I was 11.

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 09:58 - Aug 10 with 1746 viewsMickS

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 09:24 - Aug 10 by BrianMcCarthy

1979 and I was 9.
There were a thousand numbered editions and my local music/video/tv repair shop in West Cork wouldn't order me one, so I missed out. Thankfully the thousand sold out and they issued more (un-numbered) and I grabbed one of them.

A couple of years later I bought another one in Tralee for a tenner. A week later I had a look at it and found out that it was not only one of the numbered ones, but Number 1. So I have the first thing U2 ever put on vinyl. It's in a bank vault now.

Bloodys Noras.
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 10:10 - Aug 10 with 1729 viewsenfieldargh

I remember the first record I ever purchased.

Thankfully it was for my sisters birthday, she was horse mad and loved the TV programme White Horses.

How I even knew about records even existing I dont know but I do clearly remember going on the bus to Wembley High Road and into a record shop and buying it.

The first record I would have played on a gramaphone(!) probably would have been a Flanders & Swan EP track about 97 horse power omnibus.

The first proper LP I ever noticed was one of my sisters Hendrix Electric Ladyland. I grew up in more ways than one that day.

The raven haired beauty bottom left with the......arm....dangling.....I've gone all faint Mr Mainwaring

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 10:13 - Aug 10 with 1724 viewslave16

1979 and I was 9.
There were a thousand numbered editions and my local music/video/tv repair shop in West Cork wouldn't order me one, so I missed out. Thankfully the thousand sold out and they issued more (un-numbered) and I grabbed one of them.

A couple of years later I bought another one in Tralee for a tenner. A week later I had a look at it and found out that it was not only one of the numbered ones, but Number 1. So I have the first thing U2 ever put on vinyl. It's in a bank vault now.

My first record bought was kim Wilde - with a kids in America

On a collector's note I bought an ash Oh Yeah single when hungover as a student thinking class I'm gonna make a few quid on this one... when I sobered up I was like how did they sell 1000 copies of this..... a few months ago I noticed one of my kids scratching and though doh

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 10:17 - Aug 10 with 1714 viewsMrSheen

1979 and I was 9.

I’m shocked, shocked!

You were in Tralee?

Queen’s Night at the Opera. Didn’t know what I wanted until I was in Kilburn Smiths, but I knew that Christmas money was going to be spent on something.
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 10:23 - Aug 10 with 1701 viewsRs_Holy

I bought 3 on the same day...

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 11:06 - Aug 10 with 1664 viewsNorthantsHoop

1st pop record was Burning Love by Elvis Presley in 1972, although a year before aged 7 bought Benny Hill Ernie the Fastest Milkman. First album was Sweet Fanny Adams by the Sweet in 73/74.
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 11:10 - Aug 10 with 1656 viewsDiscodroids

1st record purchased with own pocket money from East Ham Woolworths, 1975 at 8 years old.

1st record owned.

Esso Blue parrafin 7" Flexi disc promotional giveaway from Thorngrove road Motors , Upton Park, 1972 at 5 years old. Given to me by East Ham Dave.

[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 11:12]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 11:22 - Aug 10 with 1644 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Adam and the Ants - Dog Eat Dog. Saw them on TOTP and my 10 year old brain was completely blown at the sight of not one but TWO drummers beating out the tribal rhythms. Straight into the kitchen to nick the pots and pans and make a rudimentary drum kit, the rest is history.
Login to get fewer ads

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 11:30 - Aug 10 with 1623 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 11:32 - Aug 10 with 1615 viewsDiscodroids

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 11:22 - Aug 10 by Silverfoxqpr

Adam and the Ants - Dog Eat Dog. Saw them on TOTP and my 10 year old brain was completely blown at the sight of not one but TWO drummers beating out the tribal rhythms. Straight into the kitchen to nick the pots and pans and make a rudimentary drum kit, the rest is history.

Remember it well mate. Taught myself the marco pirroni guitar riffs from it on my Argos Bert Weedon guitar. Magic.

Adam and the ants Were quality '78-'80. I thought they were a poor mans 'Sweet' after that period.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 11:45 - Aug 10 with 1586 viewsStanisgod

Thunderclap Newman- Something in the air

LP Electric Warrior- T Rex

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 11:45 - Aug 10 with 1581 viewspaulparker

1984 , our price records in Uxbridge

Still love it to this day , Although I didn’t know until recently that stevie wonder played harmonica on this

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 11:50 - Aug 10 with 1576 viewsdannyblue

First...
Tape: Bon Jovi - Slippery when wet
Vinyl: Public Enemy - Welcome to the terrordome 12" (woolworth's portobello)
CD:
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 11:57 - Aug 10 with 1565 viewsNoelmc

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 02:25 - Aug 10 by flynnbo

Mine too. First album was “Sometime in New York City” by John and Yoko.

I'm afraid |make it 3 on this one. (Sugar Sugar, that is)

First album was 'Sladest'
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 12:08]
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 12:01 - Aug 10 with 1555 viewsstowmarketrange

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 11:57 - Aug 10 by Noelmc

I'm afraid |make it 3 on this one. (Sugar Sugar, that is)

First album was 'Sladest'
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 12:08]

Mine was Sladest too.
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 12:10 - Aug 10 with 1533 viewswood_hoop

I know, I know, was bought with money i earned on paper round at 11.

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 12:13 - Aug 10 with 1535 viewsrobith

My first single was this bizarre Zig and Zag novelty single. I'd never actually seen the video. It is.......quite something

"There's a bounty on me head.....and I don't mean chocolate" remains an iconic lyric

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 12:44 - Aug 10 with 1514 viewsPaddyhoops

Rhinestone cowboy by Glen Campbell.
Downloaded "Goats head soup" the other day!!
44 years later.
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 12:50 - Aug 10 with 1507 viewsisawqpratwcity

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 09:50 - Aug 10 by terryb

The clue is in the title!

There were quite a few records at that time with a name as it's title.

Juliet - The Four Pennies
Sheila - Tommy Roe
Pamela

Did you mean "Pamela, Pamela" by Wayne Fontana? Ironically a song about nostalgia.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 13:27 - Aug 10 with 1469 viewsterryb

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 12:50 - Aug 10 by isawqpratwcity

Did you mean "Pamela, Pamela" by Wayne Fontana? Ironically a song about nostalgia.

That would be the one!
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 13:48 - Aug 10 with 1445 viewsHantsR

I can't remember the first I bought because we inherited an old gramaphone with lots of old 78s around 1956. I remember my sister bought Be My Girl on a 78 by Jim Dale (yes him!, she had a crush on him) and we found Primrose Lane by Dickie Pride for about 6d in a church bazaar in 1959 I think? I was of course, very young

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 14:02 - Aug 10 with 1426 viewsR_from_afar

It was one of these two, I can't remember which, but then it was - sigh - about 40 years ago. Whichever one it was, it came from Woolworths....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 14:09 - Aug 10 with 1416 viewsAddinall

Doris Day. Secret Love.
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 14:10 - Aug 10 with 1415 viewsMrSheen

1st Pop Record you Bought? on 12:13 - Aug 10 by robith

My first single was this bizarre Zig and Zag novelty single. I'd never actually seen the video. It is.......quite something

"There's a bounty on me head.....and I don't mean chocolate" remains an iconic lyric

We loved Zig and Zag on holiday. Seeing Ray D’Arcy on RTE makes me think Matthew Corbett should have a go presenting Newsnight
1st Pop Record you Bought? on 14:22 - Aug 10 with 1391 viewsbosh67

Mouldy Old Dough was the first record I bought as well. Often thought at certain times in our club's not so good history that it should be the tune they run out to!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024