Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley to Brum? 07:47 - Aug 29 with 8336 viewsTonto

Interest shown according to WLS:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-joe-lumley-birmingham-city-interest-2202

Would probably be happy to let him go if the fee were decent. Given the abuse he gets on here probably good for him too!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Lumley to Brum? on 08:20 - Aug 29 with 6026 viewsCiderwithRsie

Shame, really, but if there's a fee it might be best for all concerned.
Lumley to Brum? on 08:31 - Aug 29 with 5957 viewsgazza1

Good luck to him, never going to be a consistent keeper and we need better. If he goes it will give our younger keeper an opportunity. Good business.
Lumley to Brum? on 09:28 - Aug 29 with 5759 viewsbakerloo8

Think dieng is the likely number 1 from here on. Good move for Joe and the club if Brum want him.
Lumley to Brum? on 09:53 - Aug 29 with 5677 viewstimcocking

A bit gutted, i've been hoping Joe has one more chance, i've loved having him in goal for us. To me, his errors have been more to do with a young man's confidence issue rather than a lack of ability. Every 'keeper should save slow shots straight at them. I'd persevere and hope he comes out the other end stronger and better. Then we really would have a proper QPR 'keeper. I'd prefer to release Kelly of the pair.

I could understand the decision, though, and it seems like Dieng deserves an opportunity. And his middle name is Timothy; suggests he's a superior being.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 10:11]
Lumley to Brum? on 10:01 - Aug 29 with 5661 viewsrsonist

Norf had suggested they were very interested in Dieng a while back. Hard to say if our staff have drawn conclusions on our keepers strong enough to suggest the switch in interest is at our encouragement - MW's quotes on the Wimbledon friendly re starting Dieng seemed more exploratory than purposeful.

By the looks of it Brum have been chasing Neil Etheridge all window but are struggling to agree a fee.

Can certainly see Lumley excelling in an ultra conservative Karanka side. Could be a good solution for everyone involved, though I'll take no relish from seeing him leave personally.
Lumley to Brum? on 10:27 - Aug 29 with 5578 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I thought he was our best player post lockdown.
Lumley to Brum? on 10:33 - Aug 29 with 5542 viewsNorthernr

Brum signed a Spanish keeper as number 2 yesterday and are trying to get Dillon Phillips from Charlton which would presumably end this if it happens.
Lumley to Brum? on 10:40 - Aug 29 with 5486 viewseghamranger

Dieng is untried in our league, I’m sure he was good for Doncaster but that will be very different.

I’m concerned that everyone wants rid of lumley, he can’t be on massive money and has done well for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Lumley to Brum? on 10:44 - Aug 29 with 5455 viewsBAWHoops

I'm not sure Lumley is quite good enough.

But then the Championship is absolutely littered with bang average keepers (other than Smithies) so perhaps it doesn't really matter.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Lumley to Brum? on 11:15 - Aug 29 with 5323 viewsbakerloo8

Lumley to Brum? on 10:40 - Aug 29 by eghamranger

Dieng is untried in our league, I’m sure he was good for Doncaster but that will be very different.

I’m concerned that everyone wants rid of lumley, he can’t be on massive money and has done well for us.

Dieng is a footballing keeper, think he played centre midfield for his Youth sides. Lumley bless him is generally a nightmare with the ball at his feet.
Need square pegs for square holes.
Lumley to Brum? on 11:20 - Aug 29 with 5316 viewsToast_R

Lumley to Brum? on 11:15 - Aug 29 by bakerloo8

Dieng is a footballing keeper, think he played centre midfield for his Youth sides. Lumley bless him is generally a nightmare with the ball at his feet.
Need square pegs for square holes.

Call me old fashoned, but I like a goalkeeper to be a goalkeeper. Hands, hands use your f*cking hands.
Lumley to Brum? on 11:24 - Aug 29 with 5301 viewseghamranger

Lumley to Brum? on 11:20 - Aug 29 by Toast_R

Call me old fashoned, but I like a goalkeeper to be a goalkeeper. Hands, hands use your f*cking hands.

Couldn’t we just use a ‘rush’ keeper... so any midfielder could get back.

Lee camp is currently unemployed...
Lumley to Brum? on 13:06 - Aug 29 with 5050 viewspaulparker

Lumley was poor last season, very poor a good keeper saves your points not costs you points
I listened to the podcast the other day and how everyone was celebrating where we finished
Now that’s fair enough but just think where we could of been but for the mistakes
We had probably one of the best attacking forward lines in the division and a lot of hard work was undone due to errors made
If we get a decent bid then I would say thanks joe and see you later

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lumley to Brum? on 14:17 - Aug 29 with 4930 viewsqpr1976

I’m expected Brum to smash our Outgoing Transfer Record. Nothing less, to prise young Joe from us !
Lumley to Brum? on 16:40 - Aug 29 with 4776 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lumley to Brum? on 10:40 - Aug 29 by eghamranger

I don't want rid of Lumley.

I support all our players, he's never been a dick, he's often been decent, he looked OK post-lockdown.

But 3 keepers of about the same standing is wasteful, one should go (or two if we bought an upgrade). If I could choose I'd sell Kelly and keep Lumley + Dieng, but if an offer came for any of them I'd sell the one we got the best offer for.

And from Lumley's POV I'd understand if he took the chance of a fresh start elsewhere, in which case good luck to him.
Lumley to Brum? on 16:46 - Aug 29 with 4746 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley to Brum? on 16:40 - Aug 29 by CiderwithRsie

I don't want rid of Lumley.

I support all our players, he's never been a dick, he's often been decent, he looked OK post-lockdown.

But 3 keepers of about the same standing is wasteful, one should go (or two if we bought an upgrade). If I could choose I'd sell Kelly and keep Lumley + Dieng, but if an offer came for any of them I'd sell the one we got the best offer for.

And from Lumley's POV I'd understand if he took the chance of a fresh start elsewhere, in which case good luck to him.

Good post.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lumley to Brum? on 16:48 - Aug 29 with 4733 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lumley to Brum? on 13:06 - Aug 29 by paulparker

Lumley was poor last season, very poor a good keeper saves your points not costs you points
I listened to the podcast the other day and how everyone was celebrating where we finished
Now that’s fair enough but just think where we could of been but for the mistakes
We had probably one of the best attacking forward lines in the division and a lot of hard work was undone due to errors made
If we get a decent bid then I would say thanks joe and see you later

Hugill & Eze missed more open goals than Joe was at fault for goals conceded. Just think where we could of been but for those mistakes.

The grass is always greener.

Lumley to Brum? on 16:48 - Aug 29 with 4734 viewsNorthernr

Kelly, again, didn't particularly thrill me today. I'm yet to see much evidence of this famed ability with his feet. He was hesitant and often ended up Greening it into the stand as a result.
Lumley to Brum? on 19:47 - Aug 29 with 4499 viewsdanehoop

Lumley to Brum? on 16:48 - Aug 29 by Northernr

Kelly, again, didn't particularly thrill me today. I'm yet to see much evidence of this famed ability with his feet. He was hesitant and often ended up Greening it into the stand as a result.

But is that also in part due to the lack of match practice and pitch time?

Never knowingly understood

Lumley to Brum? on 20:37 - Aug 29 with 4336 viewsjoolsyp

Agreed.In fact if we were to let one of our million keepers go it would be Kelly for me - keep Lummers, Dieng and bring in an established and experienced (and older) keeper on a free as back-up. What is Greeno doing these days ... ;-)
Lumley to Brum? on 20:43 - Aug 29 with 4321 viewsE17hoop

Diend played much higher up the pitch last week. This week, with Kelly deep, it didn't press our back 4 and meant we were pushed deeper than we'd probably like.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Lumley to Brum? on 22:01 - Aug 29 with 4180 viewsBlackCrowe

I think he looks a bit like Stuart Broad. Hope this helps.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Lumley to Brum? on 22:14 - Aug 29 with 4153 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Twitter rumour (yes I know!) Barnsley showing interest in Joe.

Anyone fancy a swap for Connor Chaplin?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 22:24]
Lumley to Brum? on 22:25 - Aug 29 with 4130 viewsGloryHunter

Lumley to Brum? on 22:01 - Aug 29 by BlackCrowe

I think he looks a bit like Stuart Broad. Hope this helps.

Well spotted. Todd Kane always reminds me of Lee Dixon.
Lumley to Brum? on 22:53 - Aug 29 with 4055 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Lumley to Brum? on 20:43 - Aug 29 by E17hoop

Diend played much higher up the pitch last week. This week, with Kelly deep, it didn't press our back 4 and meant we were pushed deeper than we'd probably like.

If nothing else - and only if Dieng does indeed turn out to be the Messiah.

Your post has inspired me to song.

"This is Dieng - My only friend - Dieng"

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024