Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do we go from here? 21:05 - Oct 5 with 4396 viewsMalintabuk

With all the attacking options now signed where do we go or how do we go?
4-4-2 or perhaps even a 4-3-3
Dykes and Bonne in a two or Dykes with two wide men and what two?
Perhaps even a 3-5-2 converting a Wilcock as the wing back
Could be an exciting season
Where do we go from here? on 21:10 - Oct 5 with 3671 viewsdaveB

I think it will be similar to last season switching between 3-5-2 and 4-2-3-1 depending on form, fitness and who we are playing. Does feel like now if Bright is sold we are still in a decent place
Where do we go from here? on 21:13 - Oct 5 with 3640 viewsactonman

Simple , Kevin keegan mentality, you score 4 , we score 5
Where do we go from here? on 21:20 - Oct 5 with 3560 viewsLblock

Warbs favoured 1-1-9 formation taking shape (maybe with rush keeper)

We'll see some very attractive football, of that I have no doubt.
We will also draw very few games I reckon and lose quite a few similar to games like Cardiff away last season --- high possession stats, minimal shots on target and opposition getting 4 chances and scoring three.

I do question if we have enough in the actual out and out striker department but we should be mid table material at least.
There now...... I've said it......... and folded the plastic bedsheets away

U R's

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Where do we go from here? on 22:16 - Oct 5 with 3406 viewstkqpr

We are 67-1 to win the Championship.... i had a £1
Where do we go from here? on 22:23 - Oct 5 with 3361 viewspaulparker

Where do we go from here? on 22:16 - Oct 5 by tkqpr

We are 67-1 to win the Championship.... i had a £1

We had a brilliant forward line last year , Eze, chair, BOS, Wells, Hugill but if you cannot defend then you get no where , I would have thought a left back would have been top of the list the last few weeks

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Where do we go from here? on 22:25 - Oct 5 with 3332 viewsLblock

Where do we go from here? on 22:23 - Oct 5 by paulparker

We had a brilliant forward line last year , Eze, chair, BOS, Wells, Hugill but if you cannot defend then you get no where , I would have thought a left back would have been top of the list the last few weeks

Heretic

You will be burned

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Where do we go from here? on 22:29 - Oct 5 with 3300 viewsqprxtc

Ask Nick f ucking Hayward.
Where do we go from here? on 22:57 - Oct 5 with 3230 viewsMatch82

Where do we go from here? on 21:13 - Oct 5 by actonman

We might need 6 or 7 if we keep giving away corners
Login to get fewer ads

Where do we go from here? on 23:03 - Oct 5 with 3193 viewsdublinr

Most likely they'll be plenty of goals at both ends, a blistering run of form, some serial capitulations, fireworks aplenty on the pitch and on the web, and eventually a 16th place finish.
Shame they'll be no one to see it.

Where do we go from here? on 23:30 - Oct 5 with 3133 viewsstevec

Where do we go from here? on 22:23 - Oct 5 by paulparker

Agree on the left back but we’ve looked very lightweight going forward so far, testament to how good those 5 were and the fact we’ve lost 3 already, in all likelihood 4 of the 5 so needs must, they need replacing first.

To be honest, we’re rather fortunate to have 5 points on the board, if Grabban had his shooting boots on and Lees hadn’t left the field we could easily have been on 2 points.

I’ve scoured the web and I’m struggling to find anything to grasp on Willock, apparently Wenger said he was ‘interesting’ when he was 14 (the mind boggles) and WLS have cut and pasted Wikipedia so no idea what we’re getting. Bonne I’m very hopeful, Adomah we have a fair idea he’s good but ultimately a BOS with mileage on the clock. Dykes could be a 15 goals a season man, if we get 15 penalties this season.

Still, staying up is the aim and there’s every chance this season won’t get finished so 20/21 essentially a work in progress.
Where do we go from here? on 00:28 - Oct 6 with 3081 viewsMistication92

Might as well lean into it and just enjoy it TBH. If the choice is between McClaren-style 1-0 defeats and Warbs-ball 7-6 affairs then I'll go with the latter. Might as well finish 13th having some fun?
Where do we go from here? on 00:50 - Oct 6 with 3036 viewsBoston

Can our players of African heritage actually get perms?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Where do we go from here? on 00:56 - Oct 6 with 3026 viewsBoston

Oh yeah and....

We’re going to win the league
Clap clap
We’re going to win the league
Clap clap
And now you’re gonna believe us....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Where do we go from here? on 05:11 - Oct 6 with 2940 viewsjtuck

Where do we go from here? on 23:30 - Oct 5 by stevec

Agree on the left back but we’ve looked very lightweight going forward so far, testament to how good those 5 were and the fact we’ve lost 3 already, in all likelihood 4 of the 5 so needs must, they need replacing first.

To be honest, we’re rather fortunate to have 5 points on the board, if Grabban had his shooting boots on and Lees hadn’t left the field we could easily have been on 2 points.

I’ve scoured the web and I’m struggling to find anything to grasp on Willock, apparently Wenger said he was ‘interesting’ when he was 14 (the mind boggles) and WLS have cut and pasted Wikipedia so no idea what we’re getting. Bonne I’m very hopeful, Adomah we have a fair idea he’s good but ultimately a BOS with mileage on the clock. Dykes could be a 15 goals a season man, if we get 15 penalties this season.

Still, staying up is the aim and there’s every chance this season won’t get finished so 20/21 essentially a work in progress.

You can also spin it that we should be on 8 points if we defended corners even halfway decently at Coventry and got draw, and saw Tom Carroll's shot off the post bounce in against Boro.

As to defence...4 out of 5 starters look set with Dieng behind Kakay, Dickie and Barbet and only Wallace I think in Warburton's mind still to absolutely secure his place. Masterson good cover for centre backs, with Kane and Hamaleinen options at full back. We are no Forest but still have a squad many other Championship sides will envy.

Can we concede less than 70 goals this season? Of course, with better organization and shielding by defensive midfield. It will be fun finding out if attack really is the best form of defence. Slightly disagree that this season is a work in progress: Warburton has installed his system and everyone from the fans to players to Board know what it and now it has to work a bit better than another blah finish-16th season.

LAranger

Where do we go from here? on 08:24 - Oct 6 with 2803 viewsTheChef

Did you know that Warbs Warburton is the b8stard love child of Kevin Keegan and Ossie Ardiles?

Apologies for any Hairy Cornflake content, which may cause distress to some viewers.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Where do we go from here? on 10:45 - Oct 6 with 2655 viewsrsonist

We're in for a long hard winter of "Winger Can Play Wing Back I Reckon Me".
Where do we go from here? on 10:50 - Oct 6 with 2639 viewsrobith

One thing to think about - the more time you spend attacking, the less you spend defending. If we improve our ball retention in the final third, it will take a lot of pressure off the defence
Where do we go from here? on 10:55 - Oct 6 with 2626 viewsrsonist

I really dunno how we set up though.

_______ Dieng
___ Kakay Dickie Barbet
____ Amos Ball Chair
Samuel Bonne Dykes Willock

I see u chortling but it's coachable goddamit... maybe...
Where do we go from here? on 10:59 - Oct 6 with 2611 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There'll be heavy rotation, but for the big games I'd like to see the following:-

-------------Dieng
Kakay Dickie Barbet Wallace
--------Ball Cameron
BOS-------Chair-------Willock
-------------Dykes

I think we'd need both Cameron and Ball to balance the attacking of the front four.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Where do we go from here? on 11:19 - Oct 6 with 2561 viewsDubaiR

Dieng
Kakay Dickie Barbet
Cameron
Bos Ball Chair Willock
Dykes Bonne
Where do we go from here? on 11:23 - Oct 6 with 2547 viewsderbyhoop

As Warbs has said we play 7 games in 21 days, followed by 9 in 28. There's no way we can handle that with a squad of 18. So rotating the squad will be the byword for this season. We've now got the options in attack.
Whether we have sufficient cover at the back is the question.

With luck (on the injury front) we could improve on last year's 13th, although I don't think we are yet ready to challenge for a top 6 place. I'd love to be proved wrong.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Where do we go from here? on 13:08 - Oct 6 with 2444 viewsbosh67

1. Dieng

1. Dickie

9. Others in attack.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Where do we go from here? on 13:15 - Oct 6 with 2407 viewsRangersDave

The problem is not only scoring goals, but scoring enough goals to win a match!

Once a manager with any nouse see's the way we play, he will set his stall out accordingly, making it harder for us to score, but knowing our defence and seeing no ready improvement, it will still allow them free run to score against us.

This worries me.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Where do we go from here? on 18:00 - Oct 6 with 2267 viewsfrancisbowles

Go with the modern formation 343;

Dieng

Kakay, Dickie, Barbet (in reserve - Masterson Wallace, Hamalainen or Gubbins)

Adomah, Cameron, Ball, Willcock (in reserve - Thomas or Kane, Amos or Owens (when fit), Carroll or Battache, Manning if he stays)

BOS, Dykes, Chair (in reserve - Smyth, Bonn or Oteh, Shodipo)

This way we get more attackers in the team and defenders primarily defend
Where do we go from here? on 18:15 - Oct 6 with 2235 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Where do we go from here? on 13:08 - Oct 6 by bosh67

1. Dieng

1. Dickie

9. Others in attack.

1. Dickie
10. BOS, Shodipo, Willock, Thomas, Oteh, Dykes, Chair, Bonne, Adomah and Smyth.

‘Kin ‘ave it!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024