Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New ground 10:58 - Oct 9 with 6590 viewsCorbyQPR

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/huge-west-london-arena-could-190
New ground on 11:05 - Oct 9 with 5097 viewsBoston

Cool, let’s tie in in with the neighbours who really follow lockdown.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New ground on 11:22 - Oct 9 with 5008 viewsdanehoop

I can just imagine the objections from the Warren Farm brigade....

Never knowingly understood

New ground on 12:06 - Oct 9 with 4833 viewsdaveB

That sounds promising
New ground on 12:11 - Oct 9 with 4811 viewsderbyhoop

The 2 favoured options are an indoor arena or a professional sports stadium. Those bring in more revenue than an upgrade.
Surely a sports stadium could also be used for concerts, like Millenium Stadium, Ricoh, etc.. I've been to concerts at Pride Park and City Ground.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New ground on 12:34 - Oct 9 with 4708 viewsLowerloftLad

you would think the company slammin events would work with QPR for both parties to get the best deal

two companies one stadium sharing the rent could make the deal even better for us in the long run
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 12:36]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

New ground on 15:12 - Oct 9 with 4383 viewsfrancisbowles

New ground on 12:34 - Oct 9 by LowerloftLad

you would think the company slammin events would work with QPR for both parties to get the best deal

two companies one stadium sharing the rent could make the deal even better for us in the long run
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 12:36]

My reading of that is Slammin' Events want to put on outdoor events on the scrubs, not in a stadium.

If we could buy the freehold, we could invest in a sliding roof which would allow all year concerts etc 'indoors' or outdoors and get all the profits. We could build a double sided stand to be adjacent on one side for football and the other for an athletics track. Something like the Millenium/Cardiff Arms Park set up.

Selling Loftus Road but leasing the new stadium, does that devalue the club, making it easier to sell?
New ground on 15:20 - Oct 9 with 4357 viewsJuzzie

I'm just waiting for the obligatory "why can't we just buy up the Ellerslie Road houses, knock them down and build a new stand"
New ground on 15:25 - Oct 9 with 4335 viewsqueensparker

If Imperial College are involved then it sounds likely to happen, they seem to have rebuilt 50% of White City in the last decade (with f--king horrible, cheap looking high-rises, but hey).

Hope Hoos is on a charm offensive with them already.
Login to get fewer ads

New ground on 15:50 - Oct 9 with 4226 viewsLblock

The couple on the bench are Bentford fans - formidable local objectioners
It'll never happen.

In other news.... Councillor Alex Sanderson gets my vote.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New ground on 15:54 - Oct 9 with 4209 viewsJeff

New ground on 15:50 - Oct 9 by Lblock

It'll never happen.

you mean the Labour councillor for College Park & Old Oak?

Can we not knock it?

New ground on 15:55 - Oct 9 with 4194 viewsLblock

New ground on 15:54 - Oct 9 by Jeff

you mean the Labour councillor for College Park & Old Oak?

Is she?

Fair play and all that.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New ground on 16:47 - Oct 9 with 4060 viewsRangersDave

If we move there we must make the stadium in parts, non matching, overlooked by very tall flats with limited access, sandwhiched right up against a railway line with no chance to expand at all............ it the fashion darn west dont you know?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

New ground on 16:53 - Oct 9 with 4038 viewsfrancisbowles

New ground on 15:25 - Oct 9 by queensparker

If Imperial College are involved then it sounds likely to happen, they seem to have rebuilt 50% of White City in the last decade (with f--king horrible, cheap looking high-rises, but hey).

Hope Hoos is on a charm offensive with them already.

From that article, I'm reading it that Imperial college involvement is an alternative scheme which, basically speaking, just refurbishes the existing facilities which wouldn't involve a football stadium.
New ground on 16:56 - Oct 9 with 4030 viewsLowerloftLad

New ground on 15:12 - Oct 9 by francisbowles

My reading of that is Slammin' Events want to put on outdoor events on the scrubs, not in a stadium.

If we could buy the freehold, we could invest in a sliding roof which would allow all year concerts etc 'indoors' or outdoors and get all the profits. We could build a double sided stand to be adjacent on one side for football and the other for an athletics track. Something like the Millenium/Cardiff Arms Park set up.

Selling Loftus Road but leasing the new stadium, does that devalue the club, making it easier to sell?

on the flip side we have gone from renting the training ground to owning the freehold of the new training ground

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

New ground on 17:01 - Oct 9 with 4015 viewsnumptydumpty

Bob Hope and no Hope !!!!!

Extremely unlikely to happen - so many hoops to jump through and so far all of this has proven to be far from easy

And for investors to be involved in such a scheme when there so much uncertainty in the economy - and zero crowds at football games and pop concerts and other outdoor events - if anyone did commit to this even in these very strange times - the likelihood is it wont get past phase 1 , 2 or 3 and even if it did the construction will be delayed years and years

Whatever - I only 53 - I think when I pop my clogs - Rangers be still playing in same stadium with the hope of alternatives that just never seem to eventualise !!!!

Think most on here know this as well !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

New ground on 17:08 - Oct 9 with 3978 views2Thomas2Bowles

New ground on 15:50 - Oct 9 by Lblock

It'll never happen.

Do you still have that hat or a new one?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

New ground on 17:10 - Oct 9 with 3976 viewsA40Bosh

New ground on 17:01 - Oct 9 by numptydumpty

Bob Hope and no Hope !!!!!

Extremely unlikely to happen - so many hoops to jump through and so far all of this has proven to be far from easy

And for investors to be involved in such a scheme when there so much uncertainty in the economy - and zero crowds at football games and pop concerts and other outdoor events - if anyone did commit to this even in these very strange times - the likelihood is it wont get past phase 1 , 2 or 3 and even if it did the construction will be delayed years and years

Whatever - I only 53 - I think when I pop my clogs - Rangers be still playing in same stadium with the hope of alternatives that just never seem to eventualise !!!!

Think most on here know this as well !!!

Mate, if that was the attitude man would have never stepped foot on the moon.

I get a good feeling about this one - yes it is going to take time (I am going to be 53 too this month) but I would rather that come my retirement years, I have a comfier seat with proper leg room when I hope to be wrapped up in my flat cap and scarf sitting there moaning about how how I could name every player in the squad back in the noughties and how we never should have let Ainsworth and Hill manage the team with their hoofball!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

New ground on 17:30 - Oct 9 with 3909 viewsLythamR

New ground on 17:10 - Oct 9 by A40Bosh

Mate, if that was the attitude man would have never stepped foot on the moon.

I get a good feeling about this one - yes it is going to take time (I am going to be 53 too this month) but I would rather that come my retirement years, I have a comfier seat with proper leg room when I hope to be wrapped up in my flat cap and scarf sitting there moaning about how how I could name every player in the squad back in the noughties and how we never should have let Ainsworth and Hill manage the team with their hoofball!

Cant really blame Numpty for that response, I used to be excited, motivated, engaged with the new stadium.

now when i see this crop up my response is "meh". hopefully that will change when something more solid comes to light but for the time being i dont see anything worthy of my emotional energy.
New ground on 18:11 - Oct 9 with 3804 viewsGloucs_R

Believe it when I see it....

Poll: Are we staying up?

New ground on 23:23 - Oct 9 with 3487 viewsDejR_vu

Even in the unlikely event that we ever move way from HQ, i’m not sure why anyone would trust the current owners??

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

New ground on 23:39 - Oct 9 with 3450 viewsLoftgirl

New ground on 16:47 - Oct 9 by RangersDave

If we move there we must make the stadium in parts, non matching, overlooked by very tall flats with limited access, sandwhiched right up against a railway line with no chance to expand at all............ it the fashion darn west dont you know?

With a bus stop.
New ground on 23:49 - Oct 9 with 3434 viewsnumptydumpty

I not against progress at all

I am all for innovation and progress

Look at Tottenhams new stadium - pretty amazing

I have just been seeing all these previous new announcements over last ten years of all ideas being knocked back as councils have blocked all previous attempts and with COVID people with big financial aspirations with concerts and sports events attended by zero members of the british public - was just saying this is pie in the sky.

I lived in Portsmouth in the eighties. They were always announcing or attempting to get plans approved for new stadium - they still where they are.

It does happen for some clubs - I live near Reading now - they got new stadium - pretty average but they got areas available locally - London is different matter.

If we have a new stadium in ten years no one would be happier than me - however ten years of big announcements - its just not going happen !!!!!!

Sadly a fact of life ....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

New ground on 07:47 - Oct 10 with 3278 viewsGloucs_R

New ground on 23:49 - Oct 9 by numptydumpty

I not against progress at all

I am all for innovation and progress

Look at Tottenhams new stadium - pretty amazing

I have just been seeing all these previous new announcements over last ten years of all ideas being knocked back as councils have blocked all previous attempts and with COVID people with big financial aspirations with concerts and sports events attended by zero members of the british public - was just saying this is pie in the sky.

I lived in Portsmouth in the eighties. They were always announcing or attempting to get plans approved for new stadium - they still where they are.

It does happen for some clubs - I live near Reading now - they got new stadium - pretty average but they got areas available locally - London is different matter.

If we have a new stadium in ten years no one would be happier than me - however ten years of big announcements - its just not going happen !!!!!!

Sadly a fact of life ....

If we don't get this one, I think we'll end up towards Park Royal. But even the land over there is being developed fast. Otherwise, maybe we'd have to go more North West London...

Poll: Are we staying up?

New ground on 08:07 - Oct 10 with 3251 viewsDejR_vu

New ground on 16:56 - Oct 9 by LowerloftLad

on the flip side we have gone from renting the training ground to owning the freehold of the new training ground

Does the club own the freehold or do the owners? Genuine question.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

New ground on 10:33 - Oct 10 with 3067 viewsTW_R

New ground on 23:23 - Oct 9 by DejR_vu

Even in the unlikely event that we ever move way from HQ, i’m not sure why anyone would trust the current owners??

What exactly are they doing wrong at the moment?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024