Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Rashford, pah! 19:04 - Oct 11 with 4974 viewsRangersDave

Ok somone will flame me i'm sure but you do 1 thing that so politically weighted no ome will shout you down, but isnt actually a bad idea at all that other people have taken on board and ran woth, and get an MBE

You devote your life to Formula 1 and become the equal most successful driver of all time, and are a multiple world champion and you get diddly squat.

Not sure i understand what Lewis actually has to do to get some official recognition from Madge or Borris ?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:09 - Oct 11 with 3636 viewsTonto

Hamilton already has an MBE. 2008.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:09 - Oct 11 with 3632 viewsMedwayR

Rashford has made a difference to people’s lives, Hamilton hasn’t, simple as that really. Rashford has used his status to the benefit of others, Hamilton doesn’t even pay tax. Hamilton is just doing his job, Rashford isn’t getting an MBE for doing his job.

Poll: Who’s better?

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:11 - Oct 11 with 3626 viewstraininvain

I don’t know anything about F1 so I can’t really comment on whether Hamilton deserves recognition for his achievements.

But isn’t the main difference here that Rashford went above and beyond what’s expected of him as a professional sportsman and made a difference for thousands of kids.

I.e. Rashford’s not been awarded an MBE for his performances on the pitch so a bit pointless to compare Hamilton’s achievements in F1 with Rashford’s in football.
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:12 - Oct 11 with 3615 viewsdistortR

Hamilton could use some of his saved taxes in order to make a donation to the tory party and get the gong of his choice.
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:15 - Oct 11 with 3600 viewsQPR_John

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:12 - Oct 11 by distortR

Hamilton could use some of his saved taxes in order to make a donation to the tory party and get the gong of his choice.

And the honours system was so different when Labour where in power
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:20 - Oct 11 with 3568 viewsAirtomoreira

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:15 - Oct 11 by QPR_John

True, last time Labour were in power Walter Raleigh was knighted.....
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:31 - Oct 11 with 3522 viewsdistortR

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:15 - Oct 11 by QPR_John

mate, the whole things a farce imho.
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:34 - Oct 11 with 3512 viewsOakR

Plenty of people who get honours for not doing much, I'd say Marcus Rashford is actually a pretty inspiring choice and what these things should be about. You could argue some people have done work helping others for longer and that will be true, but I won't begrudge him his honour. A fine example to others.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:39 - Oct 11 with 3484 viewsconnell10

Hamilton wants to start paying his taxes here instead of f ucking off to Switzerland....the bloke gets on my tits !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:42 - Oct 11 with 3472 viewsaston_hoop

Rashford got an MBE for his campaign in helping disadvantged kids get free meals, Hamilton got his MBE for winning the F1 World Championship in 2008. I dont see the issue, does the OP think he should have more than that?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 19:44]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:47 - Oct 11 with 3454 viewsSuperhoops2808

These awards were focusing on people who played a part during lockdown as well - Lewis's time will come - But this was postponed to include heroes from the COVID lockdown
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:49 - Oct 11 with 3438 viewspaulparker

Is this the same Rashford who was posing in a £150 Man Utd kit ? Forcing kids to get their parents to spend silly money to keep up with the other kids at school
Must have missed his principles on that one

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 20:02 - Oct 11 with 3397 viewsbosh67

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 19:49 - Oct 11 by paulparker

Is this the same Rashford who was posing in a £150 Man Utd kit ? Forcing kids to get their parents to spend silly money to keep up with the other kids at school

I think this is a bit harsh. That kind of stuff is written into his contract so difficult for him not to sport the kit.

On the plus side he has done a remarkable job getting a lot of kids fed and embarrassing politicians and councils into actually getting the job done country wide. He's not just the face of someone else's mission. This is all his own work and he's 22, in a very privileged position and trying to do the right thing and doing it very well. So for one I don't begrudge him this reward.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 20:02 - Oct 11 with 3395 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I may seem and I may be Irish, but I was born in England and I am also English.

So, I hope I'm entitled to express an initial opinion that Rashford's efforts were superb in helping the underprivileged but his acceptance of this award from a medieval blood-born aristocracy somewhat undermines and contradicts his efforts.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 20:07 - Oct 11 with 3368 viewsBoston

Not the same kits made in China by Uighur slave labour!
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 22:03]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 20:44 - Oct 11 with 3283 viewsted_hendrix

Always has been and always will be archaic nonsense.

I read a bit of the news yesterday and saw some Woman had won a gong for baking cakes (I assume) from the warmth of a kitchen and some bloke called Wicks has won a gong for exercising in front of a camera, that's as much as I read on the subject.

The World has gone mad anyway.

Shove your gongs up your f ucking arses.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 21:32 - Oct 11 with 3182 viewsMaggsinho

That’s quite some whataboutery.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 9:19]
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 21:50 - Oct 11 with 3123 viewsBlackCrowe

His two week mission for free school meals was worthy and correct for sure. But that was the sole contribution for a 22 year old earning a few hundred thousand a week and MBE seems a bit odd. In the past you'd get honours for devoting a long period of your life to the betterment of society.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 22:06 - Oct 11 with 3077 viewsKerryE

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 21:50 - Oct 11 by BlackCrowe

His two week mission for free school meals was worthy and correct for sure. But that was the sole contribution for a 22 year old earning a few hundred thousand a week and MBE seems a bit odd. In the past you'd get honours for devoting a long period of your life to the betterment of society.

Mind you, what did Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall ever do to get theirs?

And this is a genuine question.
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 22:19 - Oct 11 with 3033 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

Two weeks?

That plus the months helping to raise £20m to feed hungry kids across Manchester.
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 22:25 - Oct 11 with 3017 viewsnix

https://utdreport.co.uk/2020/06/16/every-single-thing-marcus-rashford-has-done-f

This was his most high profile campaign but he's done loads for charity particularly for such a young guy.
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 00:28 - Oct 12 with 2911 viewsswisscottage

I suggest you do some research before spouting off like a tit.

Just because he's a well paid footballer, which comes with its trappings, doesn't mean the lad's not a superb role model, and inspiration to many who come from a disadvantaged background.
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 07:47 - Oct 12 with 2791 viewstraininvain

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 22:19 - Oct 11 by BrianWilliamsBeard

Two weeks?

That plus the months helping to raise £20m to feed hungry kids across Manchester.

Sorry for the accidental downvote. Meant to upvote!

Footballers usually get stick for being disconnected from the average person and not doing enough away from football to help society.

Here we have a young footballer who has gone out of his way to help improve the lives of thousands of kids in poverty but he’s still getting stick.

Can’t say I understand the mindset at all here.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 7:53]
Marcus Rashford, pah! on 07:54 - Oct 12 with 2775 viewsBlackCrowe

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 00:28 - Oct 12 by swisscottage

I suggest you do some research before spouting off like a tit.

Just because he's a well paid footballer, which comes with its trappings, doesn't mean the lad's not a superb role model, and inspiration to many who come from a disadvantaged background.

Was giving my opinion on the honours system not on Rashford's campaign.
Thanks for the abuse btw.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Marcus Rashford, pah! on 09:41 - Oct 12 with 2600 viewskernowhoop

'Forcing kids to get their parents to spend silly money...'?
Are you sure about that?
As a child, when I had bright ideas about what I ought to have, my parents were apt to say 'Where's the money coming from?'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024