Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed 13:36 - Oct 31 with 7918 viewskensalriser

A little late and transferred from Guardian to BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54759336

Stifle your yawns at the back there.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 13:40 - Oct 31 with 5647 viewsMyke

Good luck to him if he is making a go of it. Drink can have a bitch of a grip
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 14:08 - Oct 31 with 5545 viewsPaddyhoops

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 13:40 - Oct 31 by Myke

Good luck to him if he is making a go of it. Drink can have a bitch of a grip

Just read it. Good luck to the guy.
He reckoned he was playing at 50 % capacity as result of his addictions.
We obviously hadn't done our homework on him before we forked out on him.
Hardly surprising considering the recruitment policy back then.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 14:35 - Oct 31 with 5460 viewsdanehoop

The optimist in me notes how well he has done there and that they are top of the league. The cynic in me suspects that he is now either feeling homesick or his contract may be ending when the seasons completes. Either way the timing of this story and it actually being a story, appears to be intended to remind people of his apparent quality and potential availability to move back to the UK.

Never knowingly understood

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 19:18 - Oct 31 with 5203 viewsLblock

As much as 50 or 60% ??

I’m shocked by that.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 19:26 - Oct 31 with 5187 viewsted_hendrix

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 19:18 - Oct 31 by Lblock

As much as 50 or 60% ??

I’m shocked by that.

He should return 50% of his salary.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 19:31 - Oct 31 with 5153 views2Thomas2Bowles

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 19:26 - Oct 31 by ted_hendrix

Or play 25 games for us for free
Still only 28 and we are desperate.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 00:04 - Nov 1 with 4915 viewstimcocking

Ha, nice. My thoughts precisely.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 00:16 - Nov 1 with 4905 viewsDavieQPR

The team that he plays for has 24 squad members and 23 people on the Directors Board.
Login to get fewer ads

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 07:50 - Nov 1 with 4795 viewsHoopstar

It is a shame - I have been sober through a 12 step programme for a long time now having landed in all sorts of bother in my mid 20s. Where I was with my drinking and alcoholism by a similar age to Caulker I wasn't even functioning at 50% in the most basic areas of my life let alone at an elite sports level.

Its a scary and lonely place to find yourself and glad he's found an answer that has worked for millions. Will always remember that Newcastle mauling as the worst CB performance I can remember seeing for us...

I hope he keeps on this path but wouldn't have him back!!
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 08:05 - Nov 1 with 4749 viewsbakerloo8

Sorry, but hasn't Caulker come up with this nonsense about 3 times already in the past?

Stole a living from us. Hope he sorts his demons but I've heard it all before.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 09:25 - Nov 1 with 4688 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 07:50 - Nov 1 by Hoopstar

It is a shame - I have been sober through a 12 step programme for a long time now having landed in all sorts of bother in my mid 20s. Where I was with my drinking and alcoholism by a similar age to Caulker I wasn't even functioning at 50% in the most basic areas of my life let alone at an elite sports level.

Its a scary and lonely place to find yourself and glad he's found an answer that has worked for millions. Will always remember that Newcastle mauling as the worst CB performance I can remember seeing for us...

More power to you, Hoopstar. And to Caulker.

Could be any of us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 10:51 - Nov 1 with 4597 viewsDejR_vu

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 19:26 - Oct 31 by ted_hendrix

Was just about to post exactly that.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 11:48 - Nov 1 with 4547 viewskomradkirk

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 07:50 - Nov 1 by Hoopstar

Well done Hoopstar.

I myself am 10 months into recovery on a 12 step programme for gambling addiction.
I am feeling so much more alive and human than anytime over the last 5 years.

Grateful i haven't picked up a substitute addiction which is common.

keep up the good work.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 13:38 - Nov 1 with 4465 viewsHoopstar

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 11:48 - Nov 1 by komradkirk

Well done Hoopstar.

I myself am 10 months into recovery on a 12 step programme for gambling addiction.

keep up the good work.

Great to hear - it is an amazing contrast to the loneliness of addiction even when groups are unable to meet in person. Wishing you every success with your journey.

If anyone else out there is struggling or has a loved one who is please do feel free to send me a message on here and will be happy to help. I lurk far more than I post but will pick up messages!
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 13:49 - Nov 1 with 4453 viewsbosh67

An addict is an addict. Very tough to ever shake it but he seems to be having a go. Best of luck to him. Great shame as essentially he could have been a really top player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 14:58 - Nov 1 with 4416 viewsDejR_vu

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 13:49 - Nov 1 by bosh67

An addict is an addict. Very tough to ever shake it but he seems to be having a go. Best of luck to him. Great shame as essentially he could have been a really top player.

I do agree that anyone with an addiction deserves sympathy and understanding.

With Caulker, though, I think I might feel differently if he just went away and quietly tried to deal with it rather than constantly doing these pieces with the press. Why does he keep feeling the need to tell the world how tough it has been for him? He's playing abroad, we've all heard it all before, it's nothing new and, really, who's interested any more? I would imagine it's just as tough, if not tougher, for most other people with same problems. It just comes across as self-pitying and someone looking for excuses and yet another chance on top of all the chances he's already had.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 15:11 - Nov 1 with 4400 viewsNorthernr

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 14:58 - Nov 1 by DejR_vu

I do agree that anyone with an addiction deserves sympathy and understanding.

With Caulker, though, I think I might feel differently if he just went away and quietly tried to deal with it rather than constantly doing these pieces with the press. Why does he keep feeling the need to tell the world how tough it has been for him? He's playing abroad, we've all heard it all before, it's nothing new and, really, who's interested any more? I would imagine it's just as tough, if not tougher, for most other people with same problems. It just comes across as self-pitying and someone looking for excuses and yet another chance on top of all the chances he's already had.

Rightly or wrongly it also always comes across as a bit of “hey remember me, I’m all better now” attempt to get another chunky contract off somebody.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 15:23 - Nov 1 with 4390 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 11:48 - Nov 1 by komradkirk

Well done Hoopstar.

keep up the good work.

Best wishes, Kirk.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 11:30 - Dec 5 with 4040 viewsWegerles_Stairs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55173300
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 12:31 - Dec 5 with 3919 viewsHoopstar

Didn't realise it was 87% of teams in this league with a betting company as their sponsor. Shameful really imo.

Point blank refuse to buy any of our new merchandise as don't want to be advertising those leeches - being married to an American is eye opening as they're still shocked by the prevalence of bookies and endless adverts despite living here for the best part of a decade!

Saw on Twitter he was celebrating 2 years sober the other day, takes some doing and fair play to him
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 13:37 - Dec 5 with 3797 viewsGloucs_R

Good luck to those of you battling with addiction. My dad gave up the booze after years of abuse but it was too late by then and his organs had given up.

Stay strong.

Poll: Are we staying up?

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 14:32 - Dec 5 with 3724 viewsNorthernr

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 12:31 - Dec 5 by Hoopstar

Didn't realise it was 87% of teams in this league with a betting company as their sponsor. Shameful really imo.

Point blank refuse to buy any of our new merchandise as don't want to be advertising those leeches - being married to an American is eye opening as they're still shocked by the prevalence of bookies and endless adverts despite living here for the best part of a decade!

Saw on Twitter he was celebrating 2 years sober the other day, takes some doing and fair play to him

Nasty consequence of FFP, clubs raking in every penny they can get from sponsorship, sadlyu it's gambling companies who spend most on advertsiing and sponsorship atm. It's a real shame that an otherwise really socially conscious club like ours has had bookies on their shirt for years now.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 14:42 - Dec 5 with 3696 viewsPinnerPaul

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 14:32 - Dec 5 by Northernr

Nasty consequence of FFP, clubs raking in every penny they can get from sponsorship, sadlyu it's gambling companies who spend most on advertsiing and sponsorship atm. It's a real shame that an otherwise really socially conscious club like ours has had bookies on their shirt for years now.

I know we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but not sure how you can describe gambling as anti social.

Some people DO get in trouble through it, but a lot more get in trouble through drinking - if we went back to Guinness as a sponsor would that be considered not 'socially conscious'?
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 14:45 - Dec 5 with 3686 viewsdenhamhoop2

Hope it continues going well for him. Having an addictive personality myself I know some of what he has gone through. Finding balance in life sadly will never be part of his life just has to channel his addiction into positive things for his physical emotional and mental health.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 17:16 - Dec 5 with 3597 viewsNorthernr

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 14:42 - Dec 5 by PinnerPaul

I know we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but not sure how you can describe gambling as anti social.

Some people DO get in trouble through it, but a lot more get in trouble through drinking - if we went back to Guinness as a sponsor would that be considered not 'socially conscious'?

Well advertising drinking, and cigarrettes, as football shirt sponsors in this country is banned so I'm not sure I see your point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024